DEMO FEEDBACK --> if you are playing what are you noticing

Comments

• Eddie
    736 posts Semi-Pro
    WilkoMP wrote: »
    Does anyone else notice the screen shaking when you score a goal? (Xbox One) It's like the camera is rocking as crowd go up but it's awful!

It's been in for a couple of years and is a decent feature. Realistic as the camera often shakes in real life.
  • JDring
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Graphics look better, a lot more facial details on players with starheads. Lighting seems better all round.

Weight of the passing felt completely different at first, but as soon as you've played a game it doesn't feel like a major change.

As always, hard to tell what the game really plays like because I don't play against the AI usually.
  • So I press play in the launcher and it says ''Detected Intel driver version #1....#2'' and so on then it recomends me a version even though I have the latest one installed. Great stuff guys, great stuff.
  • "The Journey" looks awesome. finally we have gamemode like in nba2k!
  • Pwaaaleee
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lighting sort of looks washed out slightly during clear daytime games. Pitch is too dark at night, but overall it's good. To me it's hardly a revolution but more evolution. I expect next year will show more power of Frostbite engine.

Does anyone else notice there are no slider settings on PS4 version? I've just played a few games that feel 100mph so hope they've not taken them out as I won't be purchasing as I'm an offline only player.
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Puzzled by people saying it's all about pace again. It feels really slowed down to me
  • nsholmberg11
    1430 posts Play-Off Hero

WizardMD wrote: »
    @nsholmberg11 kits are a big problem always man, maybe in the picture cannot be appreciated but I was playing with Real Madrid and Bale's jersey was literally like this 1 1 it was too separate, in that picture look at Rooney's name, it is too big and no outline, they're details I know, but it would be nice if they look like in real life.

The new animations also are great! there are many new ones, the nets to me are improved, and hopefully we can customize something, it is enjoyable to play I won't lie

gotcha @WizardMD . Although I appreciate the details like you, I don't have the perfect eye for it. I couldn't notice it in that pic but I do not like when the numbers or names are spaced too far apart. what I am shocked at, is hearing that although we have the EPL license they didn't follow through on the scoreboards and other details there. anyway, love seeing new animations and excited to see what the corners/free kicks will be like
  • Teepo
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The ''Pitch looks shi*'' and ''washed out colour'' thing is EA trying to make the lighting look more realistic and gritty... I love it personally :D

But, really EA? Did you have to destroy Your game by making it for 5 year old Arcade kids again?
  • after playing some more games I think the AI is really dumb. They have like 70% possession but don't even try to shoot. When loosing they just play the ball around

Graphic looks awesome

Pace could be a problem when playing online

little improvement on skills, but we already knew that
  • silas1980
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2016
    I'm not that impressed.

To me it feels less fluid than previous fifas. A load of passes taking way too long to do the player animations. Still feels quite automated as well, not getting a sense I'm in complete control of what my players are doing, its been like this for years tbh but it feels even moreso in this demo. AI opponent isn't anything to write home about (is it ever?)

Also a few issues with player select. Goal nets look terrible.

Major thing though is I got bored of it after four only games.
  • Hiiritin
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited September 2016
    This game is just bad. Look at this video. The pass assistance and pace. I'm shocked that someone can actually enjoy this game... just watch this video:

The speed is NOT the speed of the actual game. The point of this video is to show how easy it is to ping pong pass in fifa 17.
    Post edited by Hiiritin on
  • RTG101
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sounds like they have done a lot of work on the looks once again.
    Until you play someone online you will never know!
    16 was bad for sooooo many reasons and the looks wasn't a major one!
  • Whoman
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    Hiiritin wrote: »
    This game is just bad. Look at this video. The pass assistance and pace is ridiculous. I'm shocked that someone can actually enjoy this game... just watch this video and ask yourself: does this look like football?

you realize there are ways to artificially speed up a video ?
  • jrspc
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think he sped it up on purpose just so we could quickly see how easy it was to pong passes around.
  • Hiiritin
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Whoman wrote: »
    Hiiritin wrote: »
    This game is just bad. Look at this video. The pass assistance and pace is ridiculous. I'm shocked that someone can actually enjoy this game... just watch this video and ask yourself: does this look like football?

you realize there are ways to artificially speed up a video ?

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that that's not the actual game speed. It's the speed you get in instant replay when you hold r2/rt. Like jrspc already said, the point of the video is to show how ridiculously easy it is to chain passes.
  • passing was ridiculous in the beta also, u really start to notice it online.
    2 main factors
    1 defenders dont intercept anymore, r1 passes reach their target too easy
    2 first touch of every player, regardless of stat, is that of a man wearing magnets on his feet to the ball

irl football is very deliberate or else it is very clumsy, im not talking barca, im talking the 99% of the rest of the real world of football.
  • Iffybhai
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Puzzled by people saying it's all about pace again. It feels really slowed down to me

agreed. First thing I noticed. Keep the pace as it is.
  • Nas-Escobar
    76 posts Park Captain
    From majority of the comments I've read thus far, I might as well not even waste time downloading this demo or even buying FIFA 17.

I haven't played or bought FIFA since 2014; missed out the last two years and now I've returned and interested in FIFA again, it's just the same old same old as in the past?

*Charlie Brown Voice*: "Good grief!" :/
  • its as fast as you make it vs the default, wait til you play online, beta was an end to end pace fest, you were just praying your goalkeeper saved more than theirs, when people nail finishing, it will be a goalfest.
    its not the pace thats the problem, its the fact that first touch, accurate passing, no intercepting, and no tactical awareness (every team at any level gets bodies behind the ball when defending-but not in fifa) that allow for this end to end crazy ness. the game is fantastic, if you play it that way, but playing it beautifully will not get you far online, the beta forums were rammed with speed complaints
  • jrspc
    Fifa isn't broken it's amazing.

Play it on default assisted settings and it feels broken.

Play it on full manual and Its fun, realistic and feels like soccer

I'm guessing the 17 version will prove this as well

My suggestion when the game comes out in two weeks convert to full manual play.
  • TheMightyBee
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    All the players feel and run the same, they take ages to receive a pass and control it.

Am I the only one who thinks the graphics look bad and the animation of the players running is terrible?

It feels just like FIFA to me, so the people who enjoyed previous versions will enjoy this one.

I played online in the Beta and went back and compared it to FIFA 16 online, yep, same, exactly the same in every way.
  • passing should be made manual, completely, that would force people to take touches, be more deliberate, n if they strung a few first time passes together accurately you would applaud them. shooting though, leave the AI to help on that, straight shots look weird, i truly believe 90% of fifas exploits would be prevented if passing was manual, an actual skill, like positions, dribbling, shooting, tackling are all efforts of skill, passing just isnt.. with manual passing, it could be a very different game.
  • Shaanxz
    21696 posts Club Captain
    Best fifa I've played so far, so good when playing against another human
  • jrspc
    Andybaba

That certainly would be better than current default settings
  • PiotrLolo
    2260 posts Fans' Favourite
    andybaba wrote: »
    passing should be made manual, completely, that would force people to take touches, be more deliberate, n if they strung a few first time passes together accurately you would applaud them. shooting though, leave the AI to help on that, straight shots look weird, i truly believe 90% of fifas exploits would be prevented if passing was manual, an actual skill, like positions, dribbling, shooting, tackling are all efforts of skill, passing just isnt.. with manual passing, it could be a very different game.
    I must disagree. Forcing everyone to use manul passes you are juct cutting out people who are still using keyboard (only 8 directions instead of 360°). Yes, people are still using it to play fifa.
  • jrspc
    He means cutting out assisted play on consoles
  • flcinusa
    585 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Only played a couple of games, already noticed that impact detection it much better, Joe Hart tipped a ball over the bar and his arm was stopped by it, no more ghosting through objects.

Free kicks are fun when you're able to actually control everything, actually scored my first one.

The Journey has potential, need to play more than one game to really know for sure.
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Everything feels so sluggish. Maybe its more enjoyable vs another player but not a fan as it is. If it's better than 16 it's not by much.

Passes are awful. Nearly 100% power and the ball barely catches speed.
  • Jll02
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    From majority of the comments I've read thus far, I might as well not even waste time downloading this demo or even buying FIFA 17.

I haven't played or bought FIFA since 2014; missed out the last two years and now I've returned and interested in FIFA again, it's just the same old same old as in the past?

*Charlie Brown Voice*: "Good grief!" :/

You may as well try out the demo as you may never know for yourself.
  • Hugo_TT
    913 posts Professional
    Ok, restarted the PC and the game is fixed.

BTW, need to manage to use a generic controller, while my XB One controller is at repair.

X360ce didnt working!