Sunderland A.F.C. || The Road To Redemption || Automatic Promotion!

Chris
5399 posts Big Money Move
edited November 2016
XoZHg8x.jpg

Post edited by Chris on

Comments

• Chris
    edited October 2016
    UHuxiZc.png
    LfWnIbt.png
    CtwJc1O.png
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Chris
    edited October 2016
    XKQCZMx.png

F8ZcsWX.png
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Chris
    edited October 2016
    nv66UmZ.png

PuXsh2a.png

In
    Paddy McNair (Manchester United) £3,500,000
    Donald Love (Manchester United) £2,000,000
    Conor Chaplin (Portsmouth) £1,000,000*

Out
    Vito Mannone (Hull City) £2,000,000
    Lamine Kone (Everton) £15,000,000
    Patrick van Aanholt (Southampton) £3,500,000
    Jan Kirchoff (Leicester City) £4,000,000
    Fabio Borini (West Ham) £8,500,000
    Lee Cattermole (Middlesbrough) £5,000,000
    Jack Rodwell (West Brom) £4,000,000
    Jermaine Defoe (Bournemouth) £12,000,000
    Wahbi Khazri (Lyon) £10,000,000
    Seb Larsson (Aston Villa) £1,000,000
    John O'Shea (Hull City) £500,000
    Jeremain Lens (Fenerbache) £7,500,000
    Adam Matthews (Bristol City) £1,000,000
    Seb Coates (Sporting CP) £4,500,000
    Will Buckley (Brighton) Free
    Billy Jones (Norwich) Free

*Indicates a January Transfer
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Chris
    edited October 2016
    Bh8GH5t.png
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Chris
    edited October 2016
    rK8oAoP.png
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Chris
    edited September 2016
    For if I ever get an international position
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Chris
    edited September 2016
    Just In Case
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    Good Luck you will need it with that Sunderland team :D
  • Chris
    Ashy wrote: »
    Good Luck you will need it with that Sunderland team :D

I won't be using too much of 'that Sunderland team' ;)
  • Wyojasond
    11541 posts Has That Special Something
    Looking forward to this man. Will be interesting how much your gonna change the team. They certainly need it. Lol
  • Chris
    Looking forward to this man. Will be interesting how much your gonna change the team. They certainly need it. Lol

I can't give too much away on how the team will change, but I have big plans to say the least.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck man! Nice to hear you're gonna make some changes... Probably needed! :joy:
  • Chris
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Good luck man! Nice to hear you're gonna make some changes... Probably needed! :joy:

Definitely needed haha
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ye good luck mate (not too much of course)

I enjoyed following your pompey one last time around. I'm sure this'll be the same :)
  • Chris
    edited September 2016
    okNRCWF.png

A brace from January signing defender Lamine Kone, and a goal from full back Patrick van Aanholt gave Sunderland a convincing 3-0 victory over a dismal Everton side. This result has confirmed the Black Cats position in the Premier League next season as they now sit four points above former relegation candidates, Newcastle and Norwich., with only one game left to play.

Sunderland's survival was built on several key decisions this season, none more significant than the appointment of Allardyce after **** Advocaat resigned following eight games without a win to start the campaign. Hardened to the fight from his experiences at Bolton and Blackburn and with time on his side, the 61-year-old has steadily built a disciplined and spirited side, sprinkled with match-winners.

It has not always been smooth sailing - notably during a five-game losing streak at the end of last year - but since February they have been more consistent and possessed far greater fight than their main relegation rivals. They exemplified this once again on Wednesday with another display full of endeavour in front of a vociferous home crowd, who chanted their manager's name throughout a lap of honour after the game.

The man who lead the Black Cats to an impressive tenth season in the Premier League, spoke to Sky Sports presenters after the game:

I'm very pleased to survive obviously; not only for the league status we've retained, but also the financial boosts the club will receive. It's important we invest this money well, we're not the only team who will receive this money, so it's about how we spend the money in the market, and how we adjust the coming inflation. It's important we invest well, because of what we're seeing here tonight. The fans here love that we've survived relegation, and they should be, but the truth is, this club cannot continue to be a team which has a lap of honour for surviving relegation every year.
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Chris
    Ye good luck mate (not too much of course)

I enjoyed following your pompey one last time around. I'm sure this'll be the same :)

I wouldn't expect much luck from you of course haha

Thanks non the less
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good luck - like the photo of Big Sam celebrating and I'm interested to see if the talented Khazri will be in your plans.
  • Cody22775
    591 posts Sunday League Hero
    Djilbodji Will be one I'd be interested to see If he's in his plans. He's fresh in, pretty good imo. although he's 28 years old.
  • Chris
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Good luck - like the photo of Big Sam celebrating and I'm interested to see if the talented Khazri will be in your plans.
    Thanks man, he may or may not be in the plans
    Cody22775 wrote: »
    Djilbodji Will be one I'd be interested to see If he's in his plans. He's fresh in, pretty good imo. although he's 28 years old.
    He's in the plans, whether or not it comes to fruition or not, is another question
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    Sunderland had a pretty awful window, having said that you have a goalscorer in Defoe and a few decent players just lack creativity I think
  • Chris
    edited September 2016
    u08sUh3.png

England suffered their worst humiliation since they were knocked out of the 1950 World Cup by USA in Brazil as Iceland shocked them in the last 16 of Euro 2016.

Manager Roy Hodgson resigned after the abject embarrassment of losing to a nation ranked 34th in the world - and with a population of just 330,000 - despite taking the lead through Wayne Rooney's fourth-minute penalty.

Iceland equalised within a minute as England failed to deal with a trademark long throw and Ragnar Sigurdsson bundled home from close range.

England's shameful performance was summed up by Iceland's 18th-minute winner when goalkeeper Joe Hart was badly at fault - just as in the win over Wales - as he let Kolbeinn Sigthorsson's shot through his hand.

Hodgson made changes as Iceland dug in, but the underdogs had as many chances as England before the final whistle blew on their Euro 2016 hopes and his four-year tenure as manager.

Directly following the game, Roy Hodgson announced his resignation from the England position. Sam Allardyce, Eddie Howe, and Arsne Wenger are the current forerunners for the national job.

2PgjsLj.png

Sunderland have signed Manchester United defenders Paddy McNair and Donald Love for a combined £5.5m. The 21-year-olds have agreed four-year deals with the Black Cats. McNair, who represented Northern Ireland at Euro 2016, made his United debut in September 2014 and played 27 times for the club.

Scot Love, who spent time on loan at Wigan last season, played twice for United, the first of which was against the Black Cats in February. Donald Love is a Scotland Under-21 international who can play at full-back or in midfield.

"I want to add some young players to the squad as well as some senior players and both of them have got really good potential and the opportunity to improve," said Allardyce. "I want to bring in players who are here for the long term as well as the short and hopefully these two are here for the long term."
  • b4usiddhu2
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All the best buddy
  • Chris
    b4usiddhu2 wrote: »
    All the best buddy

Thanks bro
  • Greenman019
    Yes thanks we don't need reminding of that Iceland game ^^
  • Chris

-_- The England players do, was a truly pathetic performance
  • ale85bg
    Chris wrote: »
    -_- The England players do, was a truly pathetic performance
    Yeah, pretty much. But nothing can beat Italy being eliminated by North Korea in 1966.
    Nothing. :disappointed:

• Chris
    edited September 2016
    fdAWeX1.png

A week of turmoil, rumours and news speculation has left Sunderland fans unsure on the club's immediate future, with Sam Allardyce being named as the forerunner for the England job, and stories about financial problems at the club which could lead to a massive clear out leaked. One thing that is for certain however, that moments ago Sam Allardyce was confirmed by the FA as the next England manager.

Sam Allardyce has been appointed England manager. The 61-year-old signed an initial two-year deal after compensation was agreed with Sunderland, whom he steered to Premier League safety last season. He succeeds Roy Hodgson, who quit after England were knocked out of Euro 2016 in the last 16 by Iceland.

Allardyce, whose first game in charge will be a friendly at Wembley on 1 September against as yet unnamed opponents, said he was "honoured". He added: "It is no secret that this is the role I have always wanted. For me, it is absolutely the best job in English football.

He leaves Sunderland after nine months, and the Black Cats are now looking for their ninth manager in eight years. A statement from the club read: "The focus of everyone at Sunderland AFC is on moving forward quickly and decisively, with the appointment of the club's new manager to be confirmed at the earliest opportunity."[

On the topic of Sunderland, many news outlets have reported the club are in some sort of financial difficulties, and are looking to offset many players in an attempt to rectify this. It's unsure how much weight this rumour carriers, but if it comes to fruition, Sunderland's run of avoiding relegation could be coming to a swift end this season.
  • ale85bg
    Chris wrote: »
    He leaves Sunderland after nine months, and the Black Cats are now looking for their ninth manager in eight years.
    According to these figures, it looks like the Sunderland chairman is Massimo Cellino. :joy:
  • Greenman019
    Wonder if it'll be Moyes, or someone else.