OT WWE2k17

Comments

• hoban95
    49765 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Peter69hc wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    I'm also saying that this roster isn't better than the attitude era but remember that was 14-16 years ago. I'm just saying the current roster is the best roster in a long time. Especially in terms of in ring talent.

I suppose so, I forget how long ago it was, only feels like it was a few years, I think when beniot died, they changed a lot, Linda went for president. They changed to this horrible product. They have just started to get away from it, so it might be going in the right direction. But I don't think we will see action like we used to, because of the modern world

Yeah after Benoit they went PG. It's a bit better now but nowhere near the same.

In ring talent wise, there is a big argument to be made that the roster that is coming to fruition now is greater than the attitude era.
  • Sercs
    18707 posts World Class
    cant remember which WWE it was but definitely 360, I remember when I made my special move a combination of loads of moves on my custom guy.. except I turned the speed of moves right down so it would take aaaaages to actually use the finisher. Purely to annoy the people I was against.. although quite often it would cost me matches :joy:
  • hoban95
    Sercs wrote: »
    cant remember which WWE it was but definitely 360, I remember when I made my special move a combination of loads of moves on my custom guy.. except I turned the speed of moves right down so it would take aaaaages to actually use the finisher. Purely to annoy the people I was against.. although quite often it would cost me matches :joy:

Man thought he was made from the Hart Dungeon.
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    I'm also saying that this roster isn't better than the attitude era but remember that was 14-16 years ago. I'm just saying the current roster is the best roster in a long time. Especially in terms of in ring talent.

I suppose so, I forget how long ago it was, only feels like it was a few years, I think when beniot died, they changed a lot, Linda went for president. They changed to this horrible product. They have just started to get away from it, so it might be going in the right direction. But I don't think we will see action like we used to, because of the modern world

Yeah after Benoit they went PG. It's a bit better now but nowhere near the same.

In ring talent wise, there is a big argument to be made that the roster that is coming to fruition now is greater than the attitude era.

Attitude Era was overrated tbh. In ring performances = Now>Attitude Era

Promos = Attitude Era>Now

Which is completely to be expected, but I still preferred wrestling when I was growing up around 2005/2006 to the attitude era. The wrestling was better and so were the women :joy:
  • Peter69hc
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite

Entertainment wise I don't think they're anywhere near, the promos just don't seem to have the same intensity, as even the early 90's. I don't think there's anyone today who can cut a promo anywhere near as good as the likes of the rock, or macho man.

Wrestling wise possibly better, depending on what you class as wrestling.
  • Michael LFC 96

Entertainment wise I don't think they're anywhere near, the promos just don't seem to have the same intensity, as even the early 90's. I don't think there's anyone today who can cut a promo anywhere near as good as the likes of the rock, or macho man.

The Miz's promo with DB last week was the best I've seen in a long while.
  • hoban95

Yeah there are far better in ring talents now but that's only just changed in the past couple of months where it's really come together. NXT been a game changer.

As for the promos you're right but back then there was so much freedom for the talent. Now it's far more restricted. Probs the best promo cutter since the attitude era has been either Cena or Punk. A Cena is as stale as a month old apple now.
  • Andybelfast
    10957 posts Has That Special Something
    Looks pretty good. Have read that you can brawl back stage and in the crowds etc, more like the good old wrestling games in the early 00's
  • hoban95
    edited September 2016
    Looks pretty good. Have read that you can brawl back stage and in the crowds etc, more like the good old wrestling games in the early 00's

Yeah that's back, absolutely chuffed about that!

They've also made arenas which should be outside actually outside now. So you will see the sun light on entrances and the ring etc which is cool.
  • Peter69hc

Who is Krispen Wah?

Hitting people over the head with chairs was foolish anyway. I know it's for entertainment but it's common sense to leave the head alone, especially when the shots weren't blocked by hands and were 100% contact

i love a good old chair shot, and the bleeding that follows.

Regarding the brain injuries, Benoit especially, the diving headbutt contributed to a lot more that chair **** did.
  • hoban95
    The Benoit thing is a very nasty subject. The tests that came out afterwards tho were incredible. What his brain scans showed man...
  • Peter69hc

Yeah this with adding promos into the universe is what my original post was about, I hope it conitines in this direction
  • Andybelfast

Yeah that's back, absolutely chuffed about that!

They've also made arenas which should be outside actually outside now. So you will see the sun light on entrances and the ring etc which is cool.

Should be pretty good then going by this. Brawling back stage in no dq matches was awesome. Has swung me round to buying it this year been quite few years since I've bought a wwe game.

That does sound pretty good a nice touch, only thing with wrestling games is the depth never much to them tbh...
  • FRSM00
    5830 posts Big Money Move
    Just don't want WWE to become a niche company that only cares about having good workers. It's got a lot less people with personality. Too many people with the I've been doing this for 10-15 years on the indies finally got in sob story who are just happy to be there kind of thing. There's a reason why Heath Slater is more popular than Apollo Crews.
  • hoban95
    FRSM00 wrote: »
    Just don't want WWE to become a niche company that only cares about having good workers. It's got a lot less people with personality. Too many people with the I've been doing this for 10-15 years on the indies finally got in sob story who are just happy to be there kind of thing. There's a reason why Heath Slater is more popular than Apollo Crews.

True but for the first time in a while i'm very excited for the future of the company.
  • Andybelfast

True but for the first time in a while i'm very excited for the future of the company.

They needed to do something was losing its fan base pretty fast mate. Will never ever be as good as it was in the late 90's tho,dx ruled the show loved every member :D
  • Michael LFC 96

Who is Krispen Wah?

Hitting people over the head with chairs was foolish anyway. I know it's for entertainment but it's common sense to leave the head alone, especially when the shots weren't blocked by hands and were 100% contact

Regarding the brain injuries, Benoit especially, the diving headbutt contributed to a lot more that chair **** did.

I dunno man, I was watching a PPV from early 2007 on the network the other day, can't remember which one it was, and he took an absolutely sickening chair shot, think it was when he was doing his diving head butt, honestly it made me fast forward the match I felt sick after knowing that it could've been a direct cause
  • FRSM00
    edited September 2016

If any era is going to top WrestleMania X-7 as the best of all time this one has the highest chance. But there's a lack in character, personality, selling and and psychology in the ring. I don't need to see a buckle bomb on the barricade to make the match great. Brand split was the right thing to do though. Looking forward to Backlash, which is the day after we find out whether Punk gets pummeled or wins.
  • Peter69hc

Who is Krispen Wah?

I dunno man, I was watching a PPV from early 2007 on the network the other day, can't remember which one it was, and he took an absolutely sickening chair shot, think it was when he was doing his diving head butt, honestly it made me fast forward the match I felt sick after knowing that it could've been a direct cause

The Rock and Mankind had some great marches, taking over 20 chair shots.

The diving headbutt is by far worse, look at the dynamite kid.
  • Andybelfast

If any era is going to top WrestleMania X-7 as the best of all time this one has the highest chance. But there's a lack in character, personality, selling and and psychology in the ring. I don't need to see a buckle bomb on the barricade to make the match great. Brand split was the right thing to do though. Looking forward to Backlash, which is the day after we find out whether Punk gets pummeled or wins.
    He will get bashed no way he stands a chance lol. Agree with the brand split tho positive thing to do
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    I got 2k16 even though I'm not a fan of wrestling irl, but I am a MMA fan so thought I would give it a shot. I only played a few single player matches and a few career matches, the gameplay was much too slow for my liking. It seems like a slow motion fighting game.
    Maybe I would have enjoyed it more had I been an actual fan of it, but it wasn't my type of game.
    I understand why some people like it though, some people find baseball incredibly boring as well which is understandable. Everyone has their own taste. :)
  • FRSM00
    edited September 2016

Who is Krispen Wah?

The Rock and Mankind had some great marches, taking over 20 chair shots.

The diving headbutt is by far worse, look at the dynamite kid.
    Even if they headbutt is the main factor it's still not worth having chair shots on the head allowed. They're getting sued a lot because of concussions aswell.
  • hoban95

What a fitting time to have Backlash.

But i agree Mania 17 is one of the best wrestling PPVs ever. That 2000/2001 period, the WWF was on fire hitting on all cylinders. I've watched every Raw and SD of that period in the past few months, such a great watch.
  • Shaanxz
    20731 posts Club Captain
    Only thing I miss from older era's is the backstage segments. Always remember kurt angle and Brock lesnar segments
  • DoD_Jester
    26488 posts Player of the Year
    Just wondering

I stopped watching when I was about 14 when it was The Rock, Stone Cold, HHH, Undertaker, Masked Kane, Kurt Angle ect(around 2000 I think), what 'era' does that come under? Some of the PPV events were absolutely savage iirc

And whats the main draw nowadays as far as talent? Might just start watching it again if I can work out what's what lol
  • Peter69hc
    Yeah but the whole point of wrestling is you are meant to be pretending you are fighting the other person, it's always going to risky. Just like in any other sport, or even acting. It's not a big deal in acting because stuntmen are paid to do it.
  • Andybelfast
    Just wondering

I stopped watching when I was about 14 when it was The Rock, Stone Cold, HHH, Undertaker, Masked Kane, Kurt Angle ect(around 2000 I think), what 'era' does that come under? Some of the PPV events were absolutely savage iirc

And whats the main draw nowadays as far as talent? Might just start watching it again if I can work out what's what lol
    That was the attitude era mate your the same as me stopped watching around then
  • FRSM00
    I'm wondering which PPV they'll bring the Eilimantion Chamber match back in unless they name the PPV Elimination Chamber again which was pretty crap. When you name PPVs after gimmick matches you're inclined to have more than 1 match in the night using that gimmick even though certain feuds aren't good enough to deserve a Hell in a Cell or TLC match or else it feels like you're cheating the fans by making them wait for 2 and a half hours to actually see the gimmick match that the PPV has been named after.
  • Peter69hc

Although wrestlemania has alway been a big deal, in the late 90's I didn't value wrestlemania much higher than any other week.

The only real PPVs that felt different were the royal rumble and King of the ring, because of the format of them.

Now that's not to mean the wrestlemanias were any worse back then, but it was a testament to how good it was to watch, wether it be raw, smackdown, in your house it felt as if they were all as good as each other.

Sorn matches they had on raw back then they would save for wrestlemania in this era
  • Peter69hc
    Just wondering

Around the same as me, could be 00, or 01. Pretty sure kurt angle came into it around 99-00