OT WWE2k17

Comments

• Peter69hc
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    Peter69hc wrote: »
    Kurt wrote: »
    Been trying 2k16 as it was free and it's god awful
    WWE 2k16 was free on games for gold last month, did you not try it?

I did and didn't like it 1 bit!

@hoban95 is the resident men in tights aficionado
    Campino wrote: »

What did you guys not like about it? And what mode did you play?

Seems like a game of pressing RT at the right time.

Total borefest

Not sure if that's just because your playing the computer, a bit like playing FIFA off line.

I haven't tried WWE online, but I certainly agree with you here
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    WWE 2k16 was free on games for gold last month, did you not try it?

I did and didn't like it 1 bit!

@hoban95 is the resident men in tights aficionado

What did you guys not like about it? And what mode did you play?

Seems like a game of pressing RT at the right time.

Total borefest

Not sure if that's just because your playing the computer, a bit like playing FIFA off line.

I haven't tried WWE online, but I certainly agree with you here

Tried to play a tag team game online and it wouldn't connect for toffee.
  • Campino
    27370 posts Player of the Year
    hoban95 wrote: »

One of those games where you get out as much as you put in and want to imo, if that even makes sense?

Obviously you gotta be a wrestling fan first and foremost but for me the main reason the game is so fun is because you can be extremely creative with what you do. A lot of the stuff is imagination at the end of the day ahaha.

As a straight up fighting game it's not that great.

Bit if what WG said as well, pressing RT at the right time. The fact I got panned every single time I played it was annoying. I remember when wrestling games were just straight up fun. This seems more technical with a stupid learning curve for anyone out of the loop for so long, which for me just straight up killed it. I just want to pick up and play games nowadays mate, I can't commit the time to learning every single counter, submission, pincall etc

I wanna be able to get in the ring and throw other guys out in a royal rumble with Minimal fuss
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something

One of those games where you get out as much as you put in and want to imo, if that even makes sense?

Obviously you gotta be a wrestling fan first and foremost but for me the main reason the game is so fun is because you can be extremely creative with what you do. A lot of the stuff is imagination at the end of the day ahaha.

As a straight up fighting game it's not that great.

Bit if what WG said as well, pressing RT at the right time. The fact I got panned every single time I played it was annoying. I remember when wrestling games were just straight up fun. This seems more technical with a stupid learning curve for anyone out of the loop for so long, which for me just straight up killed it. I just want to pick up and play games nowadays mate, I can't commit the time to learning every single counter, submission, pincall etc

I wanna be able to get in the ring and throw other guys out in a royal rumble with Minimal fuss

I just want to waggle the thumb stick till something good happens.

Not try to be the best at WWE, I have FIFA to be bad at.
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    its funny you guys asking for it to be made easier so you can jump in a play.

but isnt that what everyone on here moans about thats wrong with fifa. Its too easy for noobs to pick up and play?

200.gif

• UpstartCaesar
    3172 posts National Call-Up
    Recardo wrote: »

but isnt that what everyone on here moans about thats wrong with fifa. Its too easy for noobs to pick up and play?

200.gif

The problem is they don't explain it at all. The tutorials in the game is pretty much non existent outside telling you how pins and submissions work.
  • Uberman
    15736 posts World Class
    I've had them all since shut your mouth. My first one was 07 or 08 tho. I just bought the rest from PS2 on the cheap and played them all because i liked the rosters.

I like the creation suites. 2K16 was MILES better than 2k15 tho. 2k15 was easily one of the most limited WWE games since 07.

I didn't find 15 that bad

Its just the kickout system was pretty awful in my opinion
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner

200.gif

The problem is they don't explain it at all. The tutorials in the game is pretty much non existent outside telling you how pins and submissions work.

fifa does have a lot of OP skill moves and passes that arent in the game menus. :D

but yeah i get what youre saying.
  • UpstartCaesar

200.gif

fifa does have a lot of OP skill moves and passes that arent in the game menus. :D

but yeah i get what youre saying.

Yeah I wish FIFA had skills games for those kind of things too, the ones this year were a bit better.

If wwe had even one to go through some basics then I'd be all for playing. I uninstalled it out of frustration
  • Hibee
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    I also tried the 16 for free but deleted after about an hour of play. I only know the old 80s and 90s wrestlers so I hardly knew anyone. I tried to add user created wrestlers but the mode appears to be totally broken. I also found the game play a drag. Need great reflexes to press RT at the right time. Just didn't seem fun to me at all.

Actually it's been ages since Xbox gold gave out a game Iv actually liked.
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    I've played one game of 16 online against a 99 rated custom superstar. I was Goldust and I butchered him :joy: ended my online career on a high
  • hoban95
    49492 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Uberman656 wrote: »
    I've had them all since shut your mouth. My first one was 07 or 08 tho. I just bought the rest from PS2 on the cheap and played them all because i liked the rosters.

I like the creation suites. 2K16 was MILES better than 2k15 tho. 2k15 was easily one of the most limited WWE games since 07.

I didn't find 15 that bad

Its just the kickout system was pretty awful in my opinion

Limited roster
    limited match types
    limited creation modes

Although i played it a lot, it was a half arsed game tbf
  • hoban95
    Hibee wrote: »
    I also tried the 16 for free but deleted after about an hour of play. I only know the old 80s and 90s wrestlers so I hardly knew anyone. I tried to add user created wrestlers but the mode appears to be totally broken. I also found the game play a drag. Need great reflexes to press RT at the right time. Just didn't seem fun to me at all.

I've had no problems downloading CAWs.
  • CornishLad
    23941 posts Club Captain
    2k16 was sick. The news released so far about 2k17 is amazing. I pre ordered the NXT Special edition within 10 minutes of release. Can't wait.
  • Hibee
    12175 posts Has That Special Something

I could download, I just couldn't search for a name I wanted. For example if I typed in Roddy Pipper, I would get a whole load of other wrestlers and needed to scroll til I found him. I looked online at the time and apparently it had been an issue since early on. Anyway, I would have still deleted the game as just didn't get on with the gameplay,
  • Shaanxz
    20649 posts Club Captain
    It's too easy to counter, take no skill
  • hoban95

I could download, I just couldn't search for a name I wanted. For example if I typed in Roddy Pipper, I would get a whole load of other wrestlers and needed to scroll til I found him. I looked online at the time and apparently it had been an issue since early on. Anyway, I would have still deleted the game as just didn't get on with the gameplay,

Ah yeah i found that problem with arenas!

I normally scroll down for wrestlers anyway and just start adding them like that.
  • CornishLad
    23941 posts Club Captain
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    It's too easy to counter, take no skill

It's better on 16 as you only have a limit of 5 counters then you wait for them to refresh. Kicking out is easy for me
  • Peter69hc
    Don't think anything will ever beat the days of playing with a multitap on the ps2 allowing 6 of us on smackdown here comes the pain.

Where the roster didn't need legends
  • hoban95
    Don't think anything will ever beat the days of playing with a multitap on the ps2 allowing 6 of us on smackdown here comes the pain.

Tbf the roster today is one of the strongest rosters ever.
  • Peter69hc

Id disagree. I'm pretty sure the ratings agree with that aswell? Not 100 percent, but when they were shown on the same day as WCW I'm sure the ratings were higher than? Could be wrong.

But they have to have all the major stars come back to the main events. In the attitude era they didn't need them
  • hoban95

Id disagree. I'm pretty sure the ratings agree with that aswell? Not 100 percent, but when they were shown on the same day as WCW I'm sure the ratings were higher than? Could be wrong.

But they have to have all the major stars come back to the main events. In the attitude era they didn't need them

Well you would because you don't watch the product.
  • hoban95
    I'm also saying that this roster isn't better than the attitude era but remember that was 14-16 years ago. I'm just saying the current roster is the best roster in a long time. Especially in terms of in ring talent.
  • EDDlE
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only getting it for one man...

Shinsuke Nakamura
  • UpstartCaesar
    I'm also saying that this roster isn't better than the attitude era but remember that was 14-16 years ago. I'm just saying the current roster is the best roster in a long time. Especially in terms of in ring talent.

No rest until they put in Test
  • Peter69hc

Well you would because you don't watch the product.

I've seen it. I watch bits of it. I turn it off after 10 minutes at the most.

I think it's possibly got worse every year that's why I stopped watching it (on a weekly basis)

They just can't do the things they used to be able to which affects the characters.
  • Peter69hc

I suppose so, I forget how long ago it was, only feels like it was a few years, I think when beniot died, they changed a lot, Linda went for president. They changed to this horrible product. They have just started to get away from it, so it might be going in the right direction. But I don't think we will see action like we used to, because of the modern world
  • Michael LFC 96
    EDDlE wrote: »

Shinsuke Nakamura

Be prepared to shell out £90 or wait for him to be added in as paid DLC!
  • Michael LFC 96

I suppose so, I forget how long ago it was, only feels like it was a few years, I think when beniot died, they changed a lot, Linda went for president. They changed to this horrible product. They have just started to get away from it, so it might be going in the right direction. But I don't think we will see action like we used to, because of the modern world

Who is Krispen Wah?

Hitting people over the head with chairs was foolish anyway. I know it's for entertainment but it's common sense to leave the head alone, especially when the shots weren't blocked by hands and were 100% contact
  • hoban95
    EDDlE wrote: »

Shinsuke Nakamura

Be prepared to shell out £90 or wait for him to be added in as paid DLC!

I'm waiting for Nak. Just to be able to hear this on the game is worth it :joy: