Player quits and gets a tie

K_DeBruyne
137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Opponent slides into my player for penalty shot 90' and quits. Computer gives me a tie and ruins my chances of league title? C'mon EA. Someone let me know if this will be in FIFA 18.

Comments

• randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Just add it to the ever growning list. Is what it is.

0-0 very early in game and I had a thruball for a clear breakaway and my opponent was able to pause. I guess it must have nipped the defender or something. He quits. I mean... That is complete garbage.
  • ChrisLFC
    7128 posts Big Money Move
    You should get another match if someone quits like that.

I don't know why you didn't.
  • K_DeBruyne
    I thought for sure the algo would give me the win.
  • Liam W
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    K_DeBruyne wrote: »
    I thought for sure the algo would give me the win.

There is no algorithim. If you're winning at time he disconnects then you win, else you get nothing and you don't lose a remaining match. I've had a similar situation where towards the end of the match, my opponent committed a slide tackle in the box that cleaned me out and he got a red card and conceded a penalty then immediately disconnected.

It should always award a win to a player disconnected vs IMO as is the case in pro clubs.

As an aside, on previous years of FIFA if this occured in a situation where you needed a win/draw to stay up/get promoted/win title and this occurred, it would void the objective and start your next season. Nothing more frustrating then being on top in a match you need to win to stay up and being confident of finding the breakthrough only for your opponent to disconnect and you get relegated!
  • K_DeBruyne
    Well I would have to check and see if my remaining games changed. Maybe you are right.
  • LittleAnt
    1201 posts Professional
    Opponent slides into my player for penalty shot 90' and quits. Computer gives me a tie and ruins my chances of league title? C'mon EA. Someone let me know if this will be in FIFA 18.

I would be more worried that it will be in 17 first
  • Liam W
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    LittleAnt wrote: »

I would be more worried that it will be in 17 first

In truth, it does actually take a couple of years for many bugs in FIFA to get fixed. That's because the game is released annually but takes longer than a year to develop, so they are already working on future iterations. Hence, by the time a bug comes to light (not really the case here) it is too late to do anything about it for a couple of titles.
  • K_DeBruyne
    They will hopefully get it by PS6, but it is obvious they care more about 3D mapping peoples faces and making the shoes look really cool.