Not sure which console to buy. Drop your suggestions.

naz_sohan
390 posts Sunday League Hero
I just gifted my PS4 to my brother. Now idk which one to buy again? I play FIFA mostly. I know PS4 is better exclusive wise. But there come legends with FIFA. Help me choose guys.

Comments

• Pughy30
    26368 posts Player of the Year
    If Fifa is your main game get Xbox for the legends
  • AntoineFR
    1299 posts Professional
    buy the console that your friends play on too.
    legends aren't worth buying the console if all your friends playing ps4
  • naz_sohan
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    If Fifa is your main game get Xbox for the legends

The temptation to play with legends is too high to resist.
  • naz_sohan
    AntoineFR wrote: »

Fair enough.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Ps4
  • Fletch
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    PS4
  • Deano2508
    2535 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ps4
  • Gazza
    5249 posts Big Money Move
    If you mostly play FIFA its an easy choice, easily Xbox.
  • Shaanxz
    20720 posts Club Captain
    No point asking people on here, they'll just say the console they have
  • Pieman25
    16633 posts World Class
    edited September 2016
    I own both consoles but traded in the Xbox One version and got the PS4 version instead. Just personal preference of the controller for me.
  • Fletch
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    Gazza wrote: »

Not really an easy choice. The FIFA community is much larger on PS4. Yes I own a PS4 and only play FIFA and Battlefield, but I'll never make the switch. I've played FIFA 16 on both consoles and with all honesty the experience is better on PS4. Games felt smoother and that's the main thing for me. Legends are definitely a nice thing to have, but I'd rather play with the bigger community and have smoother games.

In the end of the day, OP you should pick what ever console your friends are on.
  • Whitebeard
    3434 posts National Call-Up

I'd follow this advice personally.
  • seven
    297 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    Simple answer...xbox.

I own both. Both play pretty mutch identically but online is smoother and less Laggy on xbox.

As already stated, you get the bonus of legends.

Additionally you get to play it earlier with ea access, discounts on packs if that's your thing. You also get a load of other games with access

I know this is personal preference but imo the xbox controller is superior to the ps.

No brainer tbh.

• hayhor1
    14570 posts Has That Special Something

Good advice.
  • MiIan
    12460 posts Has That Special Something
    Like @AntoineFR said, buy the console your mates play on. Games like Battlefield 1 and FIFA are much more fun with your mates.

Also, if you're someone that plays multiple games, get the PS4.
  • Jim
    1379 posts Professional
    Own both. FIFA gameplay and graphics are identical. I'd echo a lot of the recommendations on here:
    1) If you enjoy playing with friends, get the console they have. For me that would be the part I would miss the most.
    2) If you mostly play FIFA, get an XB1. The experience is superior. Not only Legends, but significantly cheaper prices for non-legends and EA Access is terrific value.
    3) If you play lots of games apart from FIFA, go PS4. Better hardware, better exclusives, and a much larger community so less popular online games are easier to find matches/opponents.
  • player
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    Legends are awesome.
  • BenzP7
    8294 posts League Winner
    Own both too. If FIFA is your main game, I'd say XB1 unless you have most of yours friends on PS4.
  • Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    PS4
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13091 posts Has That Special Something
    Do you spend a lot of money on packs? Are you a great trader who can easily gather 1-5 million during a FUT year? If not I would not let legends guide your console choice.

Don't buy a console just because your friends have it.

Buy the console which appeals to you the most. I by far prefer the PS4 controller over the XBOX one as the PS4 controller is a bit bigger this year and fit my hands just perfectly. The XBOX one however has always been too big and clunky for me. I don't like shooters like Halo and Gears of War so that pretty much rules out XBOX for me when it comes down to choosing a console for exclusives. I do like the looks of Forza but the only racing game I truly enjoyed from beginning until end was NFS Underground 1 & 2, as well as NFS Carbon. So far for me, exclusives from both sides have been so I went with PS because of controller and because of my past experiences with PS.
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    I've sold my ps4 for Xbox one the first thing I noticed was the ps4 graphics and interface are much better and simpler. The Xbox one though has some of the best games killer instinct gears of war forza Motorsport dead rising legends on Fifa also ea access for just over £20 a year u get about 15 free games inc Fifa 16 battlefield and the Xbox live gold games are way more generous.
  • Stuck in this dilemma as well.. Sold my PlayStation cheap, no console anymore.. decisions.. but thankfully I have convinced myself I will be getting the Xbox One S even though I do prefer a PlayStation controller for FIFA
  • SimmoEFC
    11477 posts Has That Special Something
    PS4

I was a big fan of the 360, but the ONE is terrible in comparison.
  • JimmyVulmer
    6211 posts Big Money Move
    Fletch wrote: »

Not really an easy choice. The FIFA community is much larger on PS4. Yes I own a PS4 and only play FIFA and Battlefield, but I'll never make the switch. I've played FIFA 16 on both consoles and with all honesty the experience is better on PS4. Games felt smoother and that's the main thing for me. Legends are definitely a nice thing to have, but I'd rather play with the bigger community and have smoother games.

In the end of the day, OP you should pick what ever console your friends are on.

I'm having trouble figuring out how that's a positive tbh
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something

Didn't even read the rest, this is the most important post.

Now, if you don't have any console gaming friends, I personally prefer the dashboard interface and controller on Xbox, and Legends are a thing. PS4 has some better exclusives though, IMO. Make of that what you will.
  • Gyan_33
    31300 posts National Team Captain
    I had to make this decision last year and went for Xbox, didn't regret it for 1 second. Legends made FIFA a lot more fun for me and pretty much all of my friends play Xbox so FIFA has been great for me this year.
  • RfCxAmy
    5253 posts Big Money Move
    Xbox because the prices on FIFA tend to be better ;).
  • Jim
    1379 posts Professional
    Just for the record, I personally prefer the PS4 overall. Bloodbourne is my favorite game of this generation. But be wary that anyone who doesn't acknowledge how similar the two consoles are is getting real close to fanboy territory.
    That's why the "if you like playing with friends get the same one as them" is a completely legitimate argument. These two are so close that being able to play games with people you like to spend time with can push it over the edge. Anybody who accuses you of being "sheep" for choosing that way probably has an agenda.
  • Wii U
  • JohnDoe
    11310 posts Has That Special Something