Buying fifa from US store

Dr.Strange
1479 posts Play-Off Hero
Anyone else done this before ? Buying from other xbox regions ?
Plan on buying there to play 2 days earlier but never did it before and not sure if it would work.

Comments

• I SiR MartY I
    5518 posts Big Money Move
    Aye. Its pretty easy.
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2016
    I buy basically every game from the US Store.
    Most of the times the games there are earlier released and also considerably cheaper

Never had a problem with it
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2016
    Cheers guys.

Btw anyone bought fifa from the russian store ? Is there also an option for english ? Or is it full in russian ? Menu and all. Seems cheaper there.
  • PureFramez
    3628 posts National Call-Up
    If you are really going for cheaper, look out for game sharing
  • I SiR MartY I
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Cheers guys.

Btw anyone bought fifa from the russian store ? Is there also an option for english ? Or is it full in russian ? Menu and all. Seems cheaper there.

It'll be in English so long as you download it on your console while in the UK region.
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2016
    Cheers guys.

It'll be in English so long as you download it on your console while in the UK region.

Cheers.
    Post edited by Dr.Strange on
  • I SiR MartY I
    Ive bought from a few different regions, its easier to do it on Xbox.com than it is your console.

• Gunnerz
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    Do you have any problems buying fifa points when purchasing from a different region?
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gunnerz wrote: »
    Do you have any problems buying fifa points when purchasing from a different region?

Not at all.

Fifa 17 super deluxe is 50 pounds. Nearly as much as it would've cost me buying the standard physical version. That's a steal.
  • Gunnerz
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    So if i pre order from the us store... after its then released in my region, i can switch back to my store and purchase fifa points with no issues?

Sounds like a no brainer to purchase from the us store if this is the case
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sorry I misunderstood.

I remember it as follow. If you buy US version you can only buy US gift card for fifa points. UK gift cards won't work. I'm not sure on that one as I bought from Russian store. I don't think much changes. Instead of buying UK gift cards to open packs you buy US gift cards to open packs. Maybe someone who knows this better than me can shed some light on this.
  • I SiR MartY I
    Did you get it all sorted?
  • NoYaNever_93
    897 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2016
    Sorry I misunderstood.

I remember it as follow. If you buy US version you can only buy US gift card for fifa points. UK gift cards won't work. I'm not sure on that one as I bought from Russian store. I don't think much changes. Instead of buying UK gift cards to open packs you buy US gift cards to open packs. Maybe someone who knows this better than me can shed some light on this.

Thats correct. Ive done it for two years now on the US store, works like a charm.
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Did you get it all sorted?

Well I got it from the Russian store (50 pounds SuperD edition) but I think I might cancel my preorder as I have no clue if there are any languages besides Russian. On my previous games from the Russian store English as well as other European languages were always there but no clue with Fifa.
  • If you download the demo from the russian store, maybe that will give you an idea?
  • BenzP7
    8294 posts League Winner
    buy it from Korean Store because it's basically 70$ USD. If you can get access to South African Credit Card, it will be around 55$ for most expensive one. I bought Korean one because I couldn't access to it.
  • sharmaz
    231 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sorry I misunderstood.

By gift cards do you mean physical cards from the shop?

What if I downloaded the game on the US store on the 27th, would I be able to log into my main UK account on the same day and still play Fifa 17 and also could I buy fifa points from my UK account even though I had downloaded the game earlier on my US account?

Could someone please clarify if they have done this before?
  • You can log in with your UK account, also you will be able to buy FIFA points, but youll have to change the region of your UK account to US to match the game which can be done online.
  • sharmaz
    You can log in with your UK account, also you will be able to buy FIFA points, but youll have to change the region of your UK account to US to match the game which can be done online.

I see, thanks.

How do you do that?
  • Okay so its not done online, its done on your console. Go to settings, then system and then language and location.
  • sharmaz
    Okay so its not done online, its done on your console. Go to settings, then system and then language and location.

I see, and why does this have to be done?

Is it just so we canbuy fifa points on the UK account?
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    So after asking a Microsoft/Xbox employee this is what they said ''Actually all languages that are made available for that game will be selectable. We had a recent change when it comes to language selection due to the high demand. It should no longer restrict you based on the location you purchased the game from.''.

I really hope this is true.
    If you download the demo from the russian store, maybe that will give you an idea?

Great advice mate. Cheers.
  • NoYaNever_93
    897 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2016
    sharmaz wrote: »
    Okay so its not done online, its done on your console. Go to settings, then system and then language and location.

Yes, because youre going to be buying the US version of FIFA, youll have to have your account set to US to buy points from the US market.

There are some extra steps youll have to take to make sure you can buy points, but I suggest you search online, I dont know if I can post the links here, not sure if it will conform with the t and c's of this forum.
  • Ashy
    9750 posts League Winner
    edited August 2016
    I'm going to load up my FIFA points on 16 then do the one time transfer on early access then pre order the US version and play from the 22nd, easy

Not buying any more FIFA points after early access anyway
  • sharmaz
    sharmaz wrote: »

Yes, because youre going to be buying the US version of FIFA, youll have to have your account set to US to buy points from the US market.

There are some extra steps youll have to take to make sure you can buy points, but I suggest you search online, I dont know if I can post the links here, not sure if it will conform with the t and c's of this forum.

Could you PM me a link?

I've been looking at other forum posts for Fifa 16 and consensus is that if I buy the game on US store I wont be able to buy fifa points on my UK account.

If you have the solution I'd love to know!
  • BenzP7
    8294 posts League Winner
    Buy the indian points cuz they are like less than 90 USD for 12000 points rn.
  • If I buy indian points, how do I go about transferring that over to FUT 17? Will I just transfer over on the web app, is there even going to be a web app?
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think the representative is right. Because I just tried the Rus fifa 15 demo and I never remember it having this many options in language. From English to Russian, Japan to Spanish/Portugese (with mexican flag). Even the european version didn't have that many languages. Which is great because I loved my german and spanish/mexican commentary.
  • BenzP7
    8294 posts League Winner
    If I buy indian points, how do I go about transferring that over to FUT 17? Will I just transfer over on the web app, is there even going to be a web app?

It doesn't matter once you load the FIFA points in your account because since it's loaded in your account, it doesn't matter which region you bought your FP from. Do I make sense?
  • Oh yeh that makes sense :) That sounds good.