►►► Serie A Lounge 2016-17 ◄◄◄

Comments

• Hart is expected to go to torino. That's as about as random as it gets.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    MaTaDoRz wrote: »
    Juve needs to win CL. Paying 90 million for Higuain wasn't done with Serie A in mind. Throw Pjanic, Alves, Pjaca AND possibly Cuadrado on top of that... Going to have to start doing something in Europe soon.

We need to...but if we do not win it...it's not a failure.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    mab wrote: »
    1Claudio9 wrote: »
    Roma drawing against Cagliari.
    ...does that mean we are already at least two points ahead of all our main rivals already...?
    Good grief, we actually ARE becoming Bayern...
    That's actually ridiculous statement because you have won Serie A 5 times in a row. If something, we are becoming you

But we don't usually destroy our opponents with 4, 5 or 6 goals.

That's exactly what I was about to say.
    As ridiculous as it sounds, Serie A is more competitive than the Bundesliga. That's because the "weaker" Italian sides actually try to put up a fight against Juve. You don't often see that when Hoffenheim or Hertha Berlin or Freiburg come up against Bayern.
    While most of the time we do come away with the 3 points, it's often not by a large margin.
    Additionally, Bayern and their exploits get a ton more publicity than Juve, so people compare things to them, not Juve.

Italian club's defences are the best in the world. That's why.

I am not sure on that statement. And even if they are the best in the world, they are way worse than in previous years. Too many defensive mistakes by all teams.

Eh? Who is worse defensively?
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    Juve needs to win CL. Paying 90 million for Higuain wasn't done with Serie A in mind. Throw Pjanic, Alves, Pjaca AND possibly Cuadrado on top of that... Going to have to start doing something in Europe soon.

Bayern, Barca, Atletico and Real will always be at least "just as good"

Even with a full squad, Higuain, Pjanic, Marchisio in a good form... it'll still be an even competition against at least 4 other big teams, which is like only >20% to win it all?! ^^

I'd be happy if they would start finishing first in their group constantly and at least reach the quarter/semi finals each year.
    Oh yes, Juve have been investing a lot more money in recent years, and that's a quite a clear indication of what the goal is now: To win the CL.

If you set yourself a goal and then don't reach it, it's a failure, or that's how I see it at least.

I don't think that Juve will win. A lot of money has been spent, yet I don't think that the team is that much better. More or less just made "competition" in Italy weaker by buying their players. Juve have been very good for years, but still quite a bit behind the very best and I don't see Higuain, Pjanic and Alves closing that gap.

So if Juve wins CL this season, does it mean that Barca's, Bayern's and Real's season would be "failures"? I don't see it that way. Not winning CL in 5 years could be considered a "failure". There are short-term goals (win the league this season) and long-term goals as well (win the CL in next 3 years/reach the CL final twice in 5 years).
    Real and Barca also have a big interest in the league, it's very competetive. Bayern not so much, so in recent years when Bayern haven't won CL it could be considered a failure as harsh as it sounds.

Juve have won Serie A 5 times in a row, now they goal is to win CL, the management wants it, the players and the fans want it. Another Serie A title this year is not going to satisfy the hunger.

Pretty sure the management isn't counting on winning it in 3 years time, but right now, this year. You don't pay 90 million for a player who is 28 to win the CL in 3,4 or 5 years time.

With this logic every team who does not win CL is a failure.

I don't agree.
  • AIeks
    5080 posts Big Money Move

Even with a full squad, Higuain, Pjanic, Marchisio in a good form... it'll still be an even competition against at least 4 other big teams, which is like only >20% to win it all?! ^^

I'd be happy if they would start finishing first in their group constantly and at least reach the quarter/semi finals each year.
    Oh yes, Juve have been investing a lot more money in recent years, and that's a quite a clear indication of what the goal is now: To win the CL.

If you set yourself a goal and then don't reach it, it's a failure, or that's how I see it at least.

I don't think that Juve will win. A lot of money has been spent, yet I don't think that the team is that much better. More or less just made "competition" in Italy weaker by buying their players. Juve have been very good for years, but still quite a bit behind the very best and I don't see Higuain, Pjanic and Alves closing that gap.

So if Juve wins CL this season, does it mean that Barca's, Bayern's and Real's season would be "failures"? I don't see it that way. Not winning CL in 5 years could be considered a "failure". There are short-term goals (win the league this season) and long-term goals as well (win the CL in next 3 years/reach the CL final twice in 5 years).
    Real and Barca also have a big interest in the league, it's very competetive. Bayern not so much, so in recent years when Bayern haven't won CL it could be considered a failure as harsh as it sounds.

Juve have won Serie A 5 times in a row, now they goal is to win CL, the management wants it, the players and the fans want it. Another Serie A title this year is not going to satisfy the hunger.

Pretty sure the management isn't counting on winning it in 3 years time, but right now, this year. You don't pay 90 million for a player who is 28 to win the CL in 3,4 or 5 years time.

I don't agree.
    That's not what I said. At the moment, there are 4 teams (Bayern, Barca, Real and Juve) who are expected to win it, yet only one team can. If it's a Bayern-Juve final, and Juve win, I doubt Bayern fans would be thrilled of just reaching the final, they expect to win it, and they want to win it.

I'm not sure why you all are saying that Juve not winning the CL is not a failure, when in the last 2 years all you've been talking about is winning it, and how that's the only thing that matters now.

You should embrace the idea, not down play it.

If Juve make it to the semi's this year and lose, would you be happy with it, and the progress you've made? You have already been in the final and lost, next step is to win it, that's just the way it is. On top of that, the big investments made are screaming for the next step, a CL win.

• LoboNobo
    6488 posts Big Money Move

I don't agree.
    That's not what I said. At the moment, there are 4 teams (Bayern, Barca, Real and Juve) who are expected to win it, yet only one team can. If it's a Bayern-Juve final, and Juve win, I doubt Bayern fans would be thrilled of just reaching the final, they expect to win it, and they want to win it.

I'm not sure why you all are saying that Juve not winning the CL is not a failure, when in the last 2 years all you've been talking about is winning it, and how that's the only thing that matters now.

If Juve make it to the semi's this year and lose, would you be happy with it, and the progress you've made? You have already been in the final and lost, next step is to win it, that's just the way it is. On top of that, the big investments made are screaming for the next step, a CL win.

I wouldn't be happy, but I definitely wouldn't consider this season a failure. The word is just way too negative
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    Personal analysis.

If Juve do not get a quality midfielder in my opinion they have dropped the ball. After all those great signings they should not have left this operation for so long. It could ruin our CL hopes.

If we do not get Matuidi it will be the usual last minute fourth choice. I am hoping they surprise me but I have a feeling they will not.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

I don't agree.

I wouldn't be happy, but I definitely wouldn't consider this season a failure. The word is just way too negative

I agree.

What I want to see is Juve reaching consistently the semi-finals year after year and fighting to win it. I am sure we will get it eventually, but as I said at that level and with the teams so evenly matched the luck factor is strong.
  • Amargaladaster26
    9871 posts Has That Special Something
    ...does that mean we are already at least two points ahead of all our main rivals already...?
    That's actually ridiculous statement because you have won Serie A 5 times in a row. If something, we are becoming you

As ridiculous as it sounds, Serie A is more competitive than the Bundesliga. That's because the "weaker" Italian sides actually try to put up a fight against Juve. You don't often see that when Hoffenheim or Hertha Berlin or Freiburg come up against Bayern.
    While most of the time we do come away with the 3 points, it's often not by a large margin.
    Additionally, Bayern and their exploits get a ton more publicity than Juve, so people compare things to them, not Juve.

I am not sure on that statement. And even if they are the best in the world, they are way worse than in previous years. Too many defensive mistakes by all teams.

Whole defensive level of the league went down. Too many stupid goals, too many games with lots of goals etc. 10 years ago you could find an amazing defender in every single team. Hardly now.
  • Mikael
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    36a3189d8578039f6ad2c722408eec0f.png

WOW !!!
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

Whole defensive level of the league went down. Too many stupid goals, too many games with lots of goals etc. 10 years ago you could find an amazing defender in every single team. Hardly now.

Possibly.

But it is the first 2 games. The teams are not working properly. Players are off form. Give it some time.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    Mikael wrote: »

WOW !!!

Are these official?
  • Mikael
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special

WOW !!!

Are these official?

yes <3
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

WOW !!!

Are these official?

yes <3

I wonder what rating Higuain will have.
  • Alemas_2012
    19195 posts World Class

WOW !!!

Bonucci 87-rated as well!
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Wonder what kherida and Sandro will be then.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »

86 and 83 is my bet.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    edited August 2016
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »

86 and 83 is my bet.

Kherida is my go to every year. Mostly for the germany links as I mostly use serie a and bundesliga teams. These are some healthy upgrades so hopefully they spread the love to other cards. Ha.

Dybala had 3 star weak foot in the beta also.
    Post edited by Kip2MyLou on
  • HBK1925
    1923 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why did they take their pictures with these yellow shirts? It looks hideous.
    Also, is it me or is Khedira not scanned?
  • Alemas_2012
    19195 posts World Class
    HBK1925 wrote: »
    Why did they take their pictures with these yellow shirts? It looks hideous.
    Also, is it me or is Khedira not scanned?

That's their training kit. Probably they took the photos during the headscan shoot.
    Why are you asking, did you see non-Beta gameplay with Juventus?
  • Alemas_2012
    19195 posts World Class
    Hart to Torino is actually happening.
    What a joke.
  • Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    Hart to Torino is actually happening.
    What a joke.

Can do so much better, shame.
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    3300 posts National Call-Up
    Is Mauricio as bad as people say? Either way will be a good addition to RPL FUT wise if he stays 78 or above.
  • Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    Is Mauricio as bad as people say? Either way will be a good addition to RPL FUT wise if he stays 78 or above.

What club?
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    Jaxite wrote: »

What club?
    Spartak.

• Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain

What club?
    Spartak.

Was expecting Cska or Zenit
  • RUS_PreDaToR

What club?
    Spartak.

CSKA cant afford a championship player let alone Mauricio, saying that he is only going for 1 year lone. Zenit are stuffed atm but rumours of Garay going to Valencia.

• Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain

What club?
    Spartak.

CSKA cant afford a championship player let alone Mauricio, saying that he is only going for 1 year lone. Zenit are stuffed atm but rumours of Garay going to Valencia.

Thought Cska were loaded
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    edited August 2016

What club?
    Spartak.

Thought Cska were loaded
    Wouldn't they loaded as they are a seller club, but the past few years they haven't brought anyone in. More or less the same squad for the past couple of years. You know things are bad when you loan Traore.

• Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain

What club?
    Spartak.

Thought Cska were loaded
    Wouldn't they loaded as they are a seller club, but the past few years they haven't brought anyone in. More or less the same squad for the past couple of years. You know things are bad when you loan Traore.

:D
This discussion has been closed.