The Anime Thread

Comments

• f4a
    1927 posts Play-Off Hero
    Low Ki wrote: »
    f4a wrote: »
    Started Durarara... seems a bit slow paced so far? Guessing it gets better though

Yep. Season 2 is a lot more fast paced though....has a lot more in common with Baccano and it's more obvious the same guy wrote both.

Is it a good watch? (s1+2)
    It seems interesting so far but that's a judgement based on 2 episodes
  • Kaede
    4907 posts National Call-Up
    It's okay for me and @Jatz , but a lot of people love it. We're in the minority.
  • Kaede
    The second season is better anyways, least I think so. I'm not a huge fan of the characters, but they cut to the chase faster.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    Animefreak is 480p max, I don't even bother with it anymore. KissAnime has most shows available in 1080p
  • Low Ki
    11744 posts Has That Special Something
    Started Durarara... seems a bit slow paced so far? Guessing it gets better though

Yep. Season 2 is a lot more fast paced though....has a lot more in common with Baccano and it's more obvious the same guy wrote both.

Yeah, I liked it a lot. Hard to compare the seasons since both had their own merits but season 2 hit the ground running and never stopped till the end. Also really liked the cliffhanger ending.

Funny thing that I noticed on the old forums....there was an 11 part Japanese live action series in 2000 called Ikebukuro West Gate Park (set in the same place as Durarara). Noticed the connection after realising the same landmarks in Durarara appear in the live series so I later Googled it and saw IWGP was the authors inspiration for Durarara.

Pretty obvious when I see it now as it crammed yakuza, hookers, crazy color gangs, random weird locals, teen slacker who moonlights as a fixer while also being serious on stuff likemurder, gang life, extortion, drugs, poverty, police brutality, corruption, pyramid schemes etc. And Durarara very heavily taps into that
  • Kaede
    bear wrote: »
    Animefreak is 480p max, I don't even bother with it anymore. KissAnime has most shows available in 1080p
    That is like fake 1080p tbh.
  • Low Ki
    Kaede wrote: »
    That is like fake 1080p tbh.

It's like somewhere between 480p and 720p. You really notice the difference in high motion or scenes with a lot of grain/detail.
  • bear
    I guess I wasn't just imagining that DBZ Kai looked better on my living room tv than it does when I stream it. I'll have to look into that this summer.
  • Kaede
    It's like not terrible, but it isn't that good. It's fine though personally, but I know that, if I put the effort into downloading shows, I'll appreciate it more.
  • Low Ki
    Nexon Korea will launch the Ghost in the Shell: First Connection Online first-person shooter game in North America before its global release. The game will undergo initial testing in South Korea. Neople general producer In Lee made the announcement in a video.

The game's crew visited Nevada recently to get an idea for the game's desert environment and get detailed recordings of gunfire.

Players will be able to choose from multiple attributes: Speed, which increases a character's overall agility; Power, which gives the players weapons such as arm rockets; Stealth, which allows players to become invisible; Detect, which lets players see incoming enemies or use recon robots, and Support, which allows players to build turrets. Skill Share also combines team strength and helps with assists.

I think the funny thing is if the did this with Gun Gale Online it's be 100 times more exciting than the actual series. Games like this with a Borderlands approach would be cool.
  • bear
    Borderlands Shoot&Loot is pretty much the style of game that SAO and GGO are supposed to be. Big bosses, random loot drops, unique weapon specs, and class specific skills, the only thing that holds it back is that there isn't much in the way of retooling the class you pick. Replace the guns with swords, maces and shields and you've got Sword Art Online w/o the mmo part.
  • DicaniosGod
    4939 posts Big Money Move
    Sorry, but what does this have to do with Fifa ffs?
  • Low Ki

It's because Hazard loves Naruto EA so let us create this thread:
    BfpvxeCCQAA-vts.jpg:large
  • Kaede
    I'd Gyazo the "Off Topic" banner, but I'm on a phone and I can't be bothered.
  • Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional

333027ff25e55ff53e662d7e396676fd.png

I got it

• bear
    If you click on the 'fifa forums' tab it indiscriminately shows the most recent posts, so I guess it's possible someone could miss the fact that there is an off topic section.
  • Kaede
    Yup. It's honestly really confusing at first. I don't mind it that much, but it's not exactly my favourite.
  • Low Ki
    If you click on the 'fifa forums' tab it indiscriminately shows the most recent posts, so I guess it's possible someone could miss the fact that there is an off topic section.

It's also why so many people stumbled on this thread for the first time :lol:
  • Kaede
    Accidentally stumbled across his other posts and they're less than inspiring. Calling other people trolls, quoting himself, I'd hazard either new or trolling. I can't see from a phone properly though, as it won't let me use the full site.
  • Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional
    My first thought was troll tbh
  • Kaede
    It can easily be checked from the desktop site. I'm 95% sure my instincts are right, mostly since I've been doing this for like 3 years almost now. I mean quoting yourself is a giveaway...
  • Low Ki
    I find it hard to figure out who other than a troll would call Di Canio a god.
  • Kaede
    Ah well. I can't be **** chasing people around. It's frustrating enough knowing the hundreds of people I've banned are back. Some of whom I don't mind having a second chance. The others? Please.
  • Low Ki
    edited April 2015
    I seriously doubt you staff wanted all these people here with a clean slate for a fresh start. I'm betting the database of the old forum was too broken to port over so they had to roll over from scratch :lol:
  • Kaede
    edited April 2015
    The idea was a clean slate. I'm 95% sure we could've moved it over and at the very least I've been around so long that it would take me like a week to root out the usual suspects again. I can tell them apart by writing/habits pretty easily. It's not to be though.
  • Low Ki
    Damn you Jatz
    W72k76Y.jpg
  • f4a
    1927 posts Play-Off Hero
    Finished episode 3 of Durarara now and I'll watch more episodes when I have some more time -- has a nice OP and I like it how they incorporate the recap in the OP as opposed to them showing it before/after the OP

91f2b9974a614ff5a3114cb9b289be6d.gif

Always wondered where this was from :joy:

Yeah, I liked it a lot. Hard to compare the seasons since both had their own merits but season 2 hit the ground running and never stopped till the end. Also really liked the cliffhanger ending.

Funny thing that I noticed on the old forums....there was an 11 part Japanese live action series in 2000 called Ikebukuro West Gate Park (set in the same place as Durarara). Noticed the connection after realising the same landmarks in Durarara appear in the live series so I later Googled it and saw IWGP was the authors inspiration for Durarara.

Pretty obvious when I see it now as it crammed yakuza, hookers, crazy color gangs, random weird locals, teen slacker who moonlights as a fixer while also being serious on stuff like murder, gang life, extortion, drugs, poverty, police brutality, corruption, pyramid schemes etc. And Durarara very heavily taps into that

Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun then :)
  • The Neilesh
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    New anime season is upon us can't wait so many returning shows. No the to mention the return of of the Goddess herself Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Orange Prince
    5881 posts Big Money Move
    Started watching Comical Psychosomatic Medicine. Only 5 minute episodes but so funny :D
  • Ryno
    6086 posts Big Money Move
    New anime season is upon us can't wait so many returning shows. No the to mention the return of of the Goddess herself Haruhi Suzumiya

Highschool DxD Season 3 <3