Coming demos PES 2017 VS Fifa 17

Marrone
97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited August 2016
Topic to discuss the differences between demos for people Who have played it at gamescom or already have pes demo and fifa beta. Please no fanboyism just good arguments why you like one or the other better so that other people can benefit of it.

(update)
Pes demo is out now! And like i said people are going crazy with demo saying best soccer game ever. Was my initial reaction too when i first played it. Pes Twitter is exploding.

I advise every fifa player like me to try the demo and find out what you have been missing.

Love the gameplay reaction, action, ball physics and shooting. Where allround strong game.
Post edited by Marrone on

Comments

• Shaanxz
    20481 posts Club Captain
    Pes is good, not as good as people are making out
  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol it's not even a contest, Pes is till so far behind FIFA it's not even funny. After the last 3 awful years FIFA have had Pes more then had their chance to overtake it but they blew it. And with how Fifa 17 is now the gap is only going to increase
  • Marrone
    This year is going to be a close call i can tell you. Especially because developers tend to adjust parameters continually (which is terrible and should not be allower). I remeber last year with fifa 16 how they completely changed game in reference to the demo for the worst.
  • Marrone
    Kurt wrote: »
    Lol it's not even a contest, Pes is till so far behind FIFA it's not even funny. After the last 3 awful years FIFA have had Pes more then had their chance to overtake it but they blew it. And with how Fifa 17 is now the gap is only going to increase

If you are saying this you clearly havent played this years pes demo.
  • Retro_G
    29155 posts Player of the Year
    It's not out until tomorrow in Europe, looking forward to trying both demo's this year.
  • Shaanxz
    20481 posts Club Captain
    Marrone wrote: »
    This year is going to be a close call i can tell you. Especially because developers tend to adjust parameters continually (which is terrible and should not be allower). I remeber last year with fifa 16 how they completely changed game in reference to the demo for the worst.

It won't be a close case, pes will get better reviews because they offer more offline, which is reviewers review. Whereas fifa only catered to offline, it's a shame they don't work on offline modes anymore
  • sty
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    pes demo is only for xbox one and ps4...even so pes looks better then fifa this year, good animations, nice gameplay, the speed of game isnt that bad as fifa
  • I SiR MartY I
    5503 posts Big Money Move
    I put a few hours into the demo earlier this morning and was not sold on it.

The gameplay is still very robotic, the AI on the other team still gives you a good challenge and each team plays differently, something Konami always do right, its not every team playing like Barca like Fifa 16 but the game won't be a must buy for me. It still feels quite clunky, same as every year. Messi doesn't feel like Messi, he feels like just another player. Visually its improved but it still feels like the same old PES and is only good for nostalgia.

Its offline will be solid. It always is but EA have pushed hard this year on its offline modes and have finally improved its online modes and will blow PES away. Konami had their chance to overtake EA and steal a lot of players who were frustrated with the lack of changes EA were making but failed to give fans what they want and instead ramble on about how they've brought football back or brag about the awards they've won at some meaningless expos.
  • Marrone
    edited August 2016

The gameplay is still very robotic, the AI on the other team still gives you a good challenge and each team plays differently, something Konami always do right, its not every team playing like Barca like Fifa 16 but the game won't be a must buy for me. It still feels quite clunky, same as every year. Messi doesn't feel like Messi, he feels like just another player. Visually its improved but it still feels like the same old PES and is only good for nostalgia.

Its offline will be solid. It always is but EA have pushed hard this year on its offline modes and have finally improved its online modes and will blow PES away. Konami had their chance to overtake EA and steal a lot of players who were frustrated with the lack of changes EA were making but failed to give fans what they want and instead ramble on about how they've brought football back or brag about the awards they've won at some meaningless expos.

I disagree but respect your opinion. But meaningless expo? You mean gamescom? The biggest game expo in whole europe? Biggest after e3. Thats not right. Pes had won that award fair and square. Fifa hasn won it becuase they changed the least and like you say they have changed for the worse last years.
  • Turf_Knights2016
    597 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2016
    I dont think Devs of PES-2017 support PC platform any longer?

Cant find not one link that refers to PC Download?

That makes PES-2017 no go for me :cry:
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite

No PC demo in this year
  • Marrone

Its been confirmed pes demo is not coming for pc. The big thing against pc is the easyness to hack and cheat. Thats why developers ate taking less and less initiatives on pc
  • Turf_Knights2016
    edited August 2016

Its been confirmed pes demo is not coming for pc. The big thing against pc is the easyness to hack and cheat. Thats why developers ate taking less and less initiatives on pc

So what your saying is there wont be a .........."PC FULL RELEASE"......... then?

If thats the case they just killed off half the market audience!

wirforce-2015-1.jpg

dsc_0004.jpg

Thats a major stuff up on their part because, why, they cant secure their load! LoL

Just more nonsense in todays gaming!

Sad though!

• Marrone
    Game itself is coming to PC. Just not the demo.
  • AlexFin
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2016
    Not impressed by Pes demo. Fifa 16 demo feels way better then Pes 17 demo..
  • RadioShaq
    15087 posts Moderator
    I would be afraid to buy the game when it usually goes free after a few months. If ea did that the forum would explode.
  • Turf_Knights2016

Aahh, thats good to hear, thanks for reply!

AlexFin wrote: »

You know I respect people have opinions but surely one has to be better than the other or some form of difference but its so confusing reading everyones point of view you can't make heads or tales.

Thats why I got all excited hoping for a PES2017 PC demo to try for myself just gonna have to wait longer then! Bummer! :neutral:
  • Diggy
    13630 posts Has That Special Something
    Downloaded it played it wasn't worth the bandwidth
  • Shaanxz
    20481 posts Club Captain

Aahh, thats good to hear, thanks for reply!

AlexFin wrote: »

You know I respect people have opinions but surely one has to be better than the other or some form of difference but its so confusing reading everyones point of view you can't make heads or tales.

Thats why I got all excited hoping for a PES2017 PC demo to try for myself just gonna have to wait longer then! Bummer! :neutral:

The pc version is an old gen hybrid port, so basically it isn't as good as Xbox or ps4 version
  • Marrone
    Pes 2017 demo is up on new Zealand account under demos
  • I SiR MartY I
    5503 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2016

I disagree but respect your opinion. But meaningless expo? You mean gamescom? The biggest game expo in whole europe? Biggest after e3. Thats not right. Pes had won that award fair and square. Fifa hasn won it becuase they changed the least and like you say they have changed for the worse last years.

Sorry, I meant meaningless expo awards. PES has won those awards the last 3 years before Steep yet was a poor game. Companies set out to sell as many copies as possible and make the most money, they don't set up to win awards. You could say PES has won those awards fair and square but what does that actually achieve? Nothing! Because they sell nothing compared to Fifa.

It all comes down to preference, in this day and age, people prefer online and playing an actual player, which is why Fifa is the most popular, it has more variety with its modes and a massive player base. PES has broken netcode, like 70 people on a night and horrible lag and limited choices to play.

Offline isn't a contest though, PES wins that hands down. It has more variety, it has more depth than what EA offer and you can lose yourself in the mode for hours, the AI provide a realistic experience and don't become a chore to play like it is on Fifa.

But more people prefer online, more people want to play competitive games, not face the AI. Which always decides game sales and which sets the games apart.

Konami focus on offline, they focus on the AI, they barely make changes to the actual gameplay, its been the same clunky gameplay for the last few years yet EA always improve their gameplay year in year out, its just the modes they neglect, well they did until this year, the last few years, bar UT, they changed nothing and fans were becoming frustrated. Ask any Pro Clubs player or CM player what they think and they could rant for hours, that was Konami's big chance to steal players and really grow their online and offline playerbase but they didn't capitalise on it.

Now EA have the Frostbite engine, changes to all the modes, gameplay changes and a ton of other new features which will blow PES away.

I'm not trying to be a Fifa fanboy, older members know how much I hate Fifa and how I feel about EA but PES is just good for a trip down memory lane, to remember how good PES 4 and 6 were. Its not good for a year long game, compared to Fifa.
  • DUKESTER-x
    2839 posts National Call-Up
    Kurt wrote: »

You're the type that probably plays one game of pes a year and that's probably on a demo, You have no right to talk down on PES :)
  • bigpokey24
    4834 posts Big Money Move
    I played the demo on the Xbox, the grass looks poor compared to FIFA.. they need to make visuals enticing . However the same way people went gaga last year is happening again. Online is the most important aspect of any sporting game in this day and age.

EA knows that and that is why they focus on UT a lot. It is fun to play against the AI in PES, but how long would that last? With online you get to play different kinds of people.

I hope both games do come good. However EA must fix the a lot issues with FUT as well
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I would be afraid to buy the game when it usually goes free after a few months. If ea did that the forum would explode.

Only MyClub was free.

And, actually, i don't think we're too far away from seeing EA release FUT as a free-to-play standalone mode. They make way more money from pack sales than they do from the box sales. The more people they can get hooked on playing, the more money they will make.
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional

Now EA have the Frostbite engine, changes to all the modes, gameplay changes and a ton of other new features which will blow PES away.

None of that matters when the game play is for 8 year old kids that need the AI to play the game for them so they can actually win games. This game has become more and more AI assisted every year since the release of FUT. It might be a good game again when they decide to remove the crutches for the kiddies, but that won't be happening any time soon because of how much money FUT rakes in.
  • Denisianes
    8123 posts League Winner
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »

None of that matters when the game play is for 8 year old kids that need the AI to play the game for them so they can actually win games. This game has become more and more AI assisted every year since the release of FUT. It might be a good game again when they decide to remove the crutches for the kiddies, but that won't be happening any time soon because of how much money FUT rakes in.

Yes, and PES game play is made for doctors with 2 or 3 PhD's minimum, right? You aren't even objective, it's clean and pure hatred.
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    Denisianes wrote: »
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »

Yes, and PES game play is made for doctors with 2 or 3 PhD's minimum, right? You aren't even objective, it's clean and pure hatred.

Both games suck. Is that what you want to hear? FIFA has the potential to be an incredible game. But they care about $$$ more than making a great game. I don't blame them. It is a business after all.

PES does have better game play, though. It's just not as polished, and it doesn't have as much fluff stuff as FIFA (licenses, stadiums, etc.).
  • Marrone
    A lot of true and valid arguments. For me, if pes would introducé a pro clubs modus (only mode i play nowadays) i would be gone from fifa with the responsiveness as one of many reasons. Im really dissappointed that fifa has the modus and pes the gameplay. I can only imagine them working together and have the best of both worlds. That would be crazy.

At the moment it is still difficult to judge which game is going to be better because i can imagine pes is changing the online possibilities that cannot be tested in the demo. Fifa same thing. Even more difficult is the fact that everyone knows that both games (especially fifa) are going to be completely different as the demo when they come out. I already got confirmed that the demo of fifa 17 i played at the gamescom was different than the full game version being played by journalists backstage at the ea backstage stand.

The days you bought a game that was fully tested and 100% finished like cartridge games are totally over.
  • Eddie
    708 posts Semi-Pro
    I think PES looks awful, visually. Ice skating galore, nou camp looks poor during gameplay. Dissapointing, I want to see them give EA a real challenge. Otherwise FIFA will carry on going backwards.
  • Joonlar
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The saddest thing about Pes that even if gameplay is good its still sucks online, which is what I solely play. You cant even change the freaking camera from the default one, and the default one is rubbishn(not zoomed out enough). Pathetic for a game releasing in 2016