FULL MANUAL CONTROLS

Comments

• Jimmy
    2114 posts Fans' Favourite
    Love playing full manual. Just wish we could have the left trigger(L2) to shoot with the left foot, left bumper (L1) to pass with the left, and the same on the right. That way to change the type of pass/shot you could use a button like Y to lob pass/chip etc. would make it a lot more fun for me.
  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain
    Jimmy wrote: »
    Love playing full manual. Just wish we could have the left trigger(L2) to shoot with the left foot, left bumper (L1) to pass with the left, and the same on the right. That way to change the type of pass/shot you could use a button like Y to lob pass/chip etc. would make it a lot more fun for me.

i agree
  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain
    [
  • GenericName1
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special

TL;DR: You can direct your player right to the side you want to shoot.

Example: You are mid left in the pitch, want to kick diagonally to the far post on right of the pitch and your player is left footed. You have to point the player slightly left and press kick button. While pressing, change the direction of your stick slightly to the right (far post). Your player will shoot with his left foot.
  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain
    rigth
  • smnox
    99 posts Park Captain
    Farat wrote: »
    Picking up on a point which was glossed over in my first blog post but is in itself worthy of review; Manual vs Assisted Controls. Beyond my own opinions on this debate I would love to read some feedback from the WordPress community. This is a subject that I feel quite unnecessarily strongly about.

I will lay it out nice and early here that I am a manual controls user. I am strongly in favour of anyone that is good at FIFA using manual controls. Being able to tell if someone is an accomplished FIFA player while watching them use assisted controls is another matter entirely, but it is possible. People that use assisted controls still have to have a decent game awareness to be able to play a pass. They must be able to see runs happening and select the type of pass which they want to play and to which player they wish the ball to arrive. Regarding shooting, the assisted controls user must still power the shot and select their corner of the goal. Often there is a decision between power and finesse. The player must make this decision. However beyond this decision-making there is no skill in the execution of the action.

The closest comparison I can think of to assisted controls is safety wheels on a bike. They are a valuable tool to increase your confidence but when you become competent they are really just limiting you from doing anything drastic. I started using manual controls during FIFA 12. I had become tired of not being able to hang onto the ball for long periods and always being pushed forwards against my will. With video games I am always the same, I need complete control. Any auto-aiming or target assistance I immediately disable. I don’t want to be controlled by a computer I want my actions in the game to be mine, and so this carried to FIFA. Initially when people change to manual controls they get a shock. They will under-power passes and apart from the basic North, South, East and West passes it seems difficult to control the minute changes in direction. Once you get the power of passes correct then direction is the only issue. You eventually learn North-West, South-East, North-East etc. After basic directions you soon find that you have a full 360 degree range of passing control. With this new ability you can control the tempo of the game. Passes do not always have to be in front of players anymore. The players run does not dictate where you pass the ball. Now where you play the ball dictates the movement of the player. You can now play the ball in front of a static defense and wait for an opening instead of being forced to constantly play forwards. Playing an absolutely wonderful through ball over the top of the defense to set your striker loose is now a moment of brilliant execution more than just a decision that you have made. The delicate little flicks and chips also become a point of pride and a moment to savour.

The most difficult feature to master in manual controls is crossing. It is the one aspect of manual play where initially you are so far off where you imagine you should be that you know there is a long road to improvement. Since the primary control for both the movement of the player and the direction of the ball is the right analog, crossing can be quite complex. Essentially after pressing the button to cross you must adjust the analog to face into the box even if your player is facing parallel to the box. Gamer’s initially find that they just press the cross button and don’t adjust the analog, leaving the ball to loop straight out for a goal kick. However, once you can get control of your crosses it is all the more satisfying to know that you have placed a cross onto your strikers head for a simple header. Being able to whip in a curving cross from a deep position is even more fulfilling still.

Shooting would be the last area to get used to. On assisted controls people aim their analog far beyond the corner which they mean to aim for, this is classified by the game as a shot into the corner of the goal. Once you put these same people on manual controls they find that their shots are closer to the corner flag than the goal and promptly complain; “the game is bust man! Look at my shots!”. To which the only response I can offer is; “how is the game bust? You are aiming there so that is where the ball is ending up”. Hitting the goal is the first thing that you must try and do, so inevitability there is a lot of shots which go straight at the keeper. Eventually though, you do develop a sense of control and can pick out the corners of the goal, both from close range and from distance. When you do score a goal from 35 yards out though it is a rarity and something to treasure. Shooting from distance even becomes less common when you realise that the error involved is so high.

Can I see the obvious advantages of assisted controls? Yes. If you were a novice FIFA player who showed little sign of improving, or a casual player, then yes assisted controls is the only way forward. However if you have become a very good player using assisted controls then why not challenge yourself? I understand the appeal of less forced error and quicker reactions. Personally quicker reactions is the only true advantage that I see to assisted controls. Having to charge your manual passes in a high intensity game can become difficult, but at least this puts you in a situation where you have to make decisions as to whether to shorten the length of your passes to overcome the opposition. The game becomes more scrappy, more of a battle. The game seems pure because of a lack of error on automatic controls. In reality playing on manual I probably make over double the amount of passes because I’m not always seeking to cut open a defense.

To give an example, I very recently played against a friend using assisted controls. For a while he had converted to manual controls on my behest. At first needless to say, but I whooped his ❤️❤️❤️❤️! He did gradually begin to adapt and improve and really only my superior use of formation and tactics was keeping me ahead of him. Last week he decided to revert to automatic controls. He narrowly won the first two games and left me infuriated. Most of this anger was directed at one statistic after the match. Our possession was nearly even, but I had made 12 tackles and he had made 2. This showed the complete lack of any allowance for error on assisted controls. It was not a case of my team not exerting enough pressure on the ball to force mistakes, it was more a frustrating reality that him tapping the button to pass meant that the ball was auto-guided past defenders from almost any angle. I was forced to tackle more than him just to regain possession. The way which he most commonly regained possession was through misplaced passes. I had managed to hold possession as much as him and had played more passes so the chances of this happening were increased. This must be how the game should be played, not every exchange of possession is down to a tackle, mistakes are made.

This is essentially what the whole debate comes down to; taking control and human error. I chose to play on manual controls because I wanted control. Whenever a mistake was made I wanted it to be my own responsibility. How you can feel any responsibility for a video game is another debate entirely and a question of ones own mental health. I must not be the only one who is frustrated that the majority won’t take the step-up to manual controls and continue to feel that a 50% control over the game is enough. Beating a defender with a pass should be a skill not a computer calculation. It is often said in football that the team that makes the least mistakes win. If the computer removes the ability to make basic mistakes then that point is almost irrelevant. Anyway this is just what I think, I am open to explanation or argument. I look forward to having this debate once again.

[https://sceivious.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/manual-vs-assisted-controls-fifa/#comments]
    Picking up on a point which was glossed over in my first blog post but is in itself worthy of review; Manual vs Assisted Controls. Beyond my own opinions on this debate I would love to read some feedback from the WordPress community. This is a subject that I feel quite unnecessarily strongly about.

I will lay it out nice and early here that I am a manual controls user. I am strongly in favour of anyone that is good at FIFA using manual controls. Being able to tell if someone is an accomplished FIFA player while watching them use assisted controls is another matter entirely, but it is possible. People that use assisted controls still have to have a decent game awareness to be able to play a pass. They must be able to see runs happening and select the type of pass which they want to play and to which player they wish the ball to arrive. Regarding shooting, the assisted controls user must still power the shot and select their corner of the goal. Often there is a decision between power and finesse. The player must make this decision. However beyond this decision-making there is no skill in the execution of the action.

The closest comparison I can think of to assisted controls is safety wheels on a bike. They are a valuable tool to increase your confidence but when you become competent they are really just limiting you from doing anything drastic. I started using manual controls during FIFA 12. I had become tired of not being able to hang onto the ball for long periods and always being pushed forwards against my will. With video games I am always the same, I need complete control. Any auto-aiming or target assistance I immediately disable. I don’t want to be controlled by a computer I want my actions in the game to be mine, and so this carried to FIFA. Initially when people change to manual controls they get a shock. They will under-power passes and apart from the basic North, South, East and West passes it seems difficult to control the minute changes in direction. Once you get the power of passes correct then direction is the only issue. You eventually learn North-West, South-East, North-East etc. After basic directions you soon find that you have a full 360 degree range of passing control. With this new ability you can control the tempo of the game. Passes do not always have to be in front of players anymore. The players run does not dictate where you pass the ball. Now where you play the ball dictates the movement of the player. You can now play the ball in front of a static defense and wait for an opening instead of being forced to constantly play forwards. Playing an absolutely wonderful through ball over the top of the defense to set your striker loose is now a moment of brilliant execution more than just a decision that you have made. The delicate little flicks and chips also become a point of pride and a moment to savour.

The most difficult feature to master in manual controls is crossing. It is the one aspect of manual play where initially you are so far off where you imagine you should be that you know there is a long road to improvement. Since the primary control for both the movement of the player and the direction of the ball is the right analog, crossing can be quite complex. Essentially after pressing the button to cross you must adjust the analog to face into the box even if your player is facing parallel to the box. Gamer’s initially find that they just press the cross button and don’t adjust the analog, leaving the ball to loop straight out for a goal kick. However, once you can get control of your crosses it is all the more satisfying to know that you have placed a cross onto your strikers head for a simple header. Being able to whip in a curving cross from a deep position is even more fulfilling still.

Shooting would be the last area to get used to. On assisted controls people aim their analog far beyond the corner which they mean to aim for, this is classified by the game as a shot into the corner of the goal. Once you put these same people on manual controls they find that their shots are closer to the corner flag than the goal and promptly complain; “the game is bust man! Look at my shots!”. To which the only response I can offer is; “how is the game bust? You are aiming there so that is where the ball is ending up”. Hitting the goal is the first thing that you must try and do, so inevitability there is a lot of shots which go straight at the keeper. Eventually though, you do develop a sense of control and can pick out the corners of the goal, both from close range and from distance. When you do score a goal from 35 yards out though it is a rarity and something to treasure. Shooting from distance even becomes less common when you realise that the error involved is so high.

Can I see the obvious advantages of assisted controls? Yes. If you were a novice FIFA player who showed little sign of improving, or a casual player, then yes assisted controls is the only way forward. However if you have become a very good player using assisted controls then why not challenge yourself? I understand the appeal of less forced error and quicker reactions. Personally quicker reactions is the only true advantage that I see to assisted controls. Having to charge your manual passes in a high intensity game can become difficult, but at least this puts you in a situation where you have to make decisions as to whether to shorten the length of your passes to overcome the opposition. The game becomes more scrappy, more of a battle. The game seems pure because of a lack of error on automatic controls. In reality playing on manual I probably make over double the amount of passes because I’m not always seeking to cut open a defense.

To give an example, I very recently played against a friend using assisted controls. For a while he had converted to manual controls on my behest. At first needless to say, but I whooped his ❤️❤️❤️❤️! He did gradually begin to adapt and improve and really only my superior use of formation and tactics was keeping me ahead of him. Last week he decided to revert to automatic controls. He narrowly won the first two games and left me infuriated. Most of this anger was directed at one statistic after the match. Our possession was nearly even, but I had made 12 tackles and he had made 2. This showed the complete lack of any allowance for error on assisted controls. It was not a case of my team not exerting enough pressure on the ball to force mistakes, it was more a frustrating reality that him tapping the button to pass meant that the ball was auto-guided past defenders from almost any angle. I was forced to tackle more than him just to regain possession. The way which he most commonly regained possession was through misplaced passes. I had managed to hold possession as much as him and had played more passes so the chances of this happening were increased. This must be how the game should be played, not every exchange of possession is down to a tackle, mistakes are made.

This is essentially what the whole debate comes down to; taking control and human error. I chose to play on manual controls because I wanted control. Whenever a mistake was made I wanted it to be my own responsibility. How you can feel any responsibility for a video game is another debate entirely and a question of ones own mental health. I must not be the only one who is frustrated that the majority won’t take the step-up to manual controls and continue to feel that a 50% control over the game is enough. Beating a defender with a pass should be a skill not a computer calculation. It is often said in football that the team that makes the least mistakes win. If the computer removes the ability to make basic mistakes then that point is almost irrelevant. Anyway this is just what I think, I am open to explanation or argument. I look forward to having this debate once again.

[https://sceivious.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/manual-vs-assisted-controls-fifa/#comments]

Best post ever.
  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain
    Nice! Fifa 17 will be great in Full manual
  • StarWars
    68 posts Park Captain

i agree

Try controller settings custom option

• TheBigLebowski
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    this is the best post I've ever seen here, I tried to post some things about it, but nobody seems to like the idea. I even asked players like gorilla and kurt, they said I was wasting my time because it's a huge disadvantage. I play on full manual since fifa 13 and it's way better, it's the most real and fair way we can play, where can I find more manual players?
  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain
    this is the best post I've ever seen here, I tried to post some things about it, but nobody seems to like the idea. I even asked players like gorilla and kurt, they said I was wasting my time because it's a huge disadvantage. I play on full manual since fifa 13 and it's way better, it's the most real and fair way we can play, where can I find more manual players?

add me in psn

id: GabrielFarat
    look inside PSN in groups for fifa full manual or fifa fuma
  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain
    My Last in Fifa 16

[
  • TheBigLebowski
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'll do that. That's my id for other manual players: hugojuliano
  • DieegoxD
    14 posts Ball Boy
    HI! my friends! my psn id: dieegoxD_01 (I speak spanish) full manual..! :D is a better gameplay (only dont like too much the fifa16 defense; bad AI)

sorry for bad english.
  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain
    I wil add all players to play against me and put in my channel:

[
  • henryclay1844
    1039 posts Professional
    The terrible manual switching hurts the fun of manual. It's is still terrible in 17. I miss so many scoring chances because of an awful switch. And you still get auto-switched on d a couple times a game. EA haven't working on manual controls in years.