FIND A MANUAL OPPONENT : MY SOLUTION FOR FIFA 17

DRUG0_1897
9 posts Ball Boy
edited December 2015
hi, i play full manual since fifa 12 (xbox 360 and xbox one) . Year after year, has become impossible to FIND AN OPPONENT in season... it's so frustrating... i spent 20% of time on fifa 16 compared with fifa 12-13

for me the reason is simple: Manual players are distribuited on 10 divisions, so the matchmaking can't found other active opponent in a near division...

but the solution is as much SIMPLE !!!!! i think the answer is CREATE A NEW MODALITY parallel to classical seasons, and call it "MANUAL SEASONS". Only 5 divisions, only manual players.
And finally, the chance to have a really serviceable matchmaking and enjoy the game.

if you like the idea, share it and contact me if you know how i could purpose it to EA!!! Hope they can do something for fifa 17

And remember: Assisted is for kids, Manual is for men

Comments

• that is brilliant, I would NEVER stop playing FIFA, you are a legend.
  • DRUG0_1897
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited February 2016
    ;)
    Post edited by DRUG0_1897 on
  • He mean having Seasons mode split into two, one for assisted/semi controls, and then another Seasons mode dedicated to ONLY all-manual players.

His idea is that in the manual only seasons mode there would be 5 divisions and the matchmaking would be with only manual players. Allowing for better matchmaking for those seeking only manual vs manual games.
  • urubuinflamante
    897 posts An Exciting Prospect
    +1
  • rsclaret
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    +1
  • GoonerSoldier
    422 posts Sunday League Hero
    OR BRING BACK FNG LOBBIES!!!!!!!!
  • +100
  • Staale
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Reviving this topic!
    Yes please! And maybe do more to introduce new players to manual controls. It's a problem when the 5th division is more fun than the 2nd and 1st division, which is my experience. People just running straight with the ball might be better than people linking together 10 first-time passes ending with a lob right between 2 defenders for a firsttimer right in the corner at an impossible angle. Considering forfeiting games to play in lower divisions...
    Really think manual controls should be used more, it fits the game much better. Do you guys ever see people using the "clear ball" option on defense? Everyone just spams the ball up the field, back and forth with assisted passes. Manual vs manual is so good though!
    Also, I don't know what you guys think of FUT (i like fiddling with teams), but maybe add a manual only mode in FUT as well.
    The game doesn't seem to be marketed at manual-control users though, so it's probably never gonna happen. More money in tweens with access to daddys credit card, and lord knows they won't be using manual settings.
  • Farat
    48 posts Park Captain
    Yes
  • sonofocelot
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This would be an improvement yes, but honestly just bring back lobbies. What is the point in the layout of seasons? Just beaming out the "search" button without knowing if anyone is there. Lobbies you actually knew if anyone was at the other end.

Another one plucked out of EAs crazy ideas machine.
  • Joonlar
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is this really what makes manual searching so difficult, because you're searching through 10 mutually exclusive filters?

If so then that is very, very silly.

A simple solution would be to simply provide a filter option of "search by division: yes/no". That's all that needs to be done, really.

Also they should remove the semi-assisted search option because no-one one plays that.
  • Tenzu
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Bellissima idea!
  • smnox
    99 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2016
    It would be brilliant to have a separate manual season. But I feel we will still having trouble finding an opponent in it if everyone just playing regular season. Given an example co-op season is a separate mode but so hard to find a match there. I would propose D3-D1 is mandatory on full manual when D4-D6 is mandatory on semi controls.
  • MichalisGR
    86 posts Park Captain
    This is a brilliant idea!
  • TheBigLebowski
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    that would be cool
  • Pottertons
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2016
    Farat wrote: »
    Yes

I custom made this avatar.....glad you like it. ;)

As for the original post...
    Personally I agree with the deliberate lack of focus over the years.
    After each and every release, there's a big uproar in regards to the neglect we receive and yet nothing changes.

I think the best way to 'meet in the middle' with EA would be to at least implement a manual mode for FUT.

I'm not a fan of that aspect of the game; in fact I've probably only played about 2 matches over the years just out of curiosity but if there's one thing that's nailed on confirmed, it's that EA will only make changes when it benefits and becomes lucrative to them.

While I would ABSOLUTELY love to see a return of the lobbies (seems so long ago already) or an exclusive seasons mode, it's sadly not going to happen.
    If they've chosen to turn a blind eye to us so far, then they'll continue to do so.

To summarize things, our idea has to create more money than work.
    Manual FUT stands a better chance of doing this than seasons or lobbies will.

• Pottertons
    edited September 2016
    @DRUG0_1897 add me to live if you want. I'm always up for some matches.
    Been manual exclusive since '09.
    Still not that great, but always luv to play.
    I don't abuse tactics or use custom formations. Just try to play proper possession footy.

GT: eheskey11
  • I've played Fifa on full manual since Fifa 11, I played in an all manual pro club.
    I've stopped playing as the last few years I've played on pc and it's even harder to find manual opponents,was last years version any better ?
  • This is awesome seeing so many other manual players. Be cool to see them implement some sort of system where less assists means more benefits. How Forza does it for example. Maybe the less assists you have in FUT, the more likely you are to get a rare drop. I dunno. I like all of your ideas.

I'm a PC all manual player. 'RacoonMousePad' on Origin
  • TheBigLebowski
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    assisted players can't miss a pass in this game, it's too boring to play against
  • im on pc all manual too. origin id: TonyHoliday1
  • We have a 3-tiered manual league structure if interested. One caveat: no pressing in the defensive 3rd. One opening in the bottom tier currently. Mostly US-based players. PS4 Players only. 2-3 match/week commitment (depending on your progress in a concurrent group/knockout cup competition).

http://forums.spotlightgaming.net/index.php?threads/f17-league-announcements.699/#post-4708
  • Pottertons
    Exocyst wrote: »
    We have a 3-tiered manual league structure if interested. One caveat: no pressing in the defensive 3rd. One opening in the bottom tier currently. Mostly US-based players. PS4 Players only. 2-3 match/week commitment (depending on your progress in a concurrent group/knockout cup competition).

http://forums.spotlightgaming.net/index.php?threads/f17-league-announcements.699/#post-4708

Great stuff. The more I play over the years, the more I wish I went with Playstation. Seems to be much more avenues for manual competition.

• please lets have manual only...
    also in a programming point. why when manual plays against assists does the ai reduce the ability of the manual player.

its clear that fifa17 doesnt only assist but also dessists the manual player.
  • Pottertons
    edited February 2017
    Never going to happen. We're much more likely to see manual controls completely erased from the game rather than enhanced. Us manual players are 'beating a dead horse' these days.