Lag Issues Affecting Gameplay and Physics in Game on FUT 16.

Comments

  • Sami
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why London? Is there a server in London?

    There is for pro clubs. It's At EA Guildford.
  • Fab
    18108 posts World Class
    ded server would be RAD
  • BerserkCo
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    terrible today just terrible
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    yesterday I lose with people that have 240 win - 250 lose ..... 100 win 90 lose..... f**k ! unplayable
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    btw also read yesterday that movistar check that people arent uploading their iptv streams on the net.

    to do this they have to use packet inspection...so it explains why upload is of lower consistenty than download.

    i suspect other isps who offer tv services will also do this
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    you see i thought of that way back....i thought it was the connection to the server.

    it cant be.
    also those who dont get problems???
    why wouldnt they get the same issues if they were connected?

    btw ps4 users are connected to the psn which also sends and receives data...checked this in the asus traffic app way back.

    Oh it CAN"t be because you say so ?
    And what PSN has to do with EA servers ?
    And if servers are crowded -sending packets through servers can be dodgy .

    so explain those who dont get problems?

    if your blaming ea because there is a conenction to the server when we are playing then why arent you blaming the psn because your connected to that too while your playing?

    your p2p packets are sent separatley to both conenctions...p2p is sent directly to your opponent not via the ea server.

    Oh so because there are people who doesn't have problems does that mean it can't be EA servers ?
    But I'm connected to servers while playing and and that can also affect bandwith especially if servers are crowded and **** . I;m not connected to PSN because i'm on PC so don't know what you're on about + I don't recall anyone on this thread having problem with PSN. Maybe they wouldn't blame PSN because FIFA is only game affected ? How would that be PSN issue ? And if EA servers have no affection on gameplay why am being disconnected from opponent when I'm losing connection to EA servers ?


    i was making a point that its not only ea we are conected to.
    if people were blaming ea's server because we are connected to it then why not blame psn for using bandwidth whilst we are playing?
    if your being disconnected from the ea server you need to look into that.


    look into what ?
    Disconnection from EA servers was massive problem at the beginning of the FIFA 16 UT -and it was fixed - so what are you now saying all those people had problem with their ISP-s but somehow EA made patch and fixed it ?

    i will spell it out for you.

    connection to ea server.
    packets sent to oponnent over p2p

    they are not the same thing....not the same connection.
    you packets to and from the other player pass directly between you and him NOT the ea server.

    how the **** can the ea server affect them?

    those packet pass directly from your console through your router...through your isp network...through any middle networks to your oponents isp...through the oponents isp to his router into his console....or pc.

    you're contradicting yourself every time - you just wrote if I'm being disconnected from EA server (which I;m not ) then I should look into it

    Massive ammount of people had problems with EA servers disconnections at the beginning (not me though ) so with your logic that couldn;t be EA problem because I didn't have it but somehow that problem dissapeard when Ea released patch.
    If my ISP was faulty at P2P connections I would have problems with any p2p and I only have problem with FIFA -just like many others here. You're acting like IT specialist yet can't post graph on forums.............

    if your disconnected from the ea server you wont be allowed to play...the server has to see your connected to your opponent....hope this clears this up
  • Springveldt
    4695 posts National Call-Up
    i will spell it out for you.

    connection to ea server.
    packets sent to oponnent over p2p

    they are not the same thing....not the same connection.
    you packets to and from the other player pass directly between you and him NOT the ea server.

    how the **** can the ea server affect them?

    those packet pass directly from your console through your router...through your isp network...through any middle networks to your oponents isp...through the oponents isp to his router into his console....or pc.
    Totally guessing here since I haven't seen the code.

    Since you have to be connected to the server to play, it could be still checking you are connected during the game.

    If the call to the server isn't asynchronous then the client has to wait until the call returns from the server saying you are still connected before processing your and your opponents inputs.

    Obviously there are loads of EASFC servers, you are connected to one that is rammed, your opponent is not. Your server calls take longer to return due to server load, therefore your client is slower to process the game data and your client is essentially playing catchup.

  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Sami wrote: »
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »
    Sami wrote: »
    Dedicated servers will make things worse. Do people forget the BF 4 launch?

    Do people think pro clubs on dedicated servers works perfectly? No it doesn't. The game and bad net code is the problems. I can't wait when next year people are having issues.

    Also dirty mike knows nothing.

    No, it wouldn't be worse. It would also stop the lag cheaters in this game. I'm not sure how the Mexican gamers would be able to win anymore if that happened.

    So I take it you played pro clubs then? Funny how whenever I lag when I get matched up against Arabs?

    Btw pro clubs is on dedicated servers and the gameplay is just as bad. People seem to think that dedicated servers will allow them to play magical football.

    Dedicated servers will make it worse especially for one vs one. It will give advantage to those that live close to the servers. So people in London and New York will benefit massively.

    with servers they can apply lag comp based on ping to the server.
    while actually playing on the server.

    at the moment they do a test for each individual player and use that figure for god knows what.
    but when 2 players are matched the test is completely irrelevant.

    so if they use ping to california and use lag comp how do they know they have it right?
    they cant.
    they need to do it from both consoles to both consoles.(and they need to do it frequently in game because udp can easily change route if a node decides to kick out udp if it needs to)

    playing on a server woudl be much better because isps can highlight that traffic to a specific ip address and direct it well...unlike p2p.

    if people have issues with server based games they should be talking tot heir isps ..its something most can sort out.

    p2p though is a different kettle.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional

    think it might help if everyone spammed twitter as well as post on here.
    dont think they read this but they certainly couldnt ignore the problem if everyone posted on twitter.....
  • mindm4ster
    4962 posts Big Money Move
    btw also read yesterday that movistar check that people arent uploading their iptv streams on the net.

    to do this they have to use packet inspection...so it explains why upload is of lower consistenty than download.

    i suspect other isps who offer tv services will also do this
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    you see i thought of that way back....i thought it was the connection to the server.

    it cant be.
    also those who dont get problems???
    why wouldnt they get the same issues if they were connected?

    btw ps4 users are connected to the psn which also sends and receives data...checked this in the asus traffic app way back.

    Oh it CAN"t be because you say so ?
    And what PSN has to do with EA servers ?
    And if servers are crowded -sending packets through servers can be dodgy .

    so explain those who dont get problems?

    if your blaming ea because there is a conenction to the server when we are playing then why arent you blaming the psn because your connected to that too while your playing?

    your p2p packets are sent separatley to both conenctions...p2p is sent directly to your opponent not via the ea server.

    Oh so because there are people who doesn't have problems does that mean it can't be EA servers ?
    But I'm connected to servers while playing and and that can also affect bandwith especially if servers are crowded and **** . I;m not connected to PSN because i'm on PC so don't know what you're on about + I don't recall anyone on this thread having problem with PSN. Maybe they wouldn't blame PSN because FIFA is only game affected ? How would that be PSN issue ? And if EA servers have no affection on gameplay why am being disconnected from opponent when I'm losing connection to EA servers ?


    i was making a point that its not only ea we are conected to.
    if people were blaming ea's server because we are connected to it then why not blame psn for using bandwidth whilst we are playing?
    if your being disconnected from the ea server you need to look into that.


    look into what ?
    Disconnection from EA servers was massive problem at the beginning of the FIFA 16 UT -and it was fixed - so what are you now saying all those people had problem with their ISP-s but somehow EA made patch and fixed it ?

    i will spell it out for you.

    connection to ea server.
    packets sent to oponnent over p2p

    they are not the same thing....not the same connection.
    you packets to and from the other player pass directly between you and him NOT the ea server.

    how the **** can the ea server affect them?

    those packet pass directly from your console through your router...through your isp network...through any middle networks to your oponents isp...through the oponents isp to his router into his console....or pc.

    you're contradicting yourself every time - you just wrote if I'm being disconnected from EA server (which I;m not ) then I should look into it

    Massive ammount of people had problems with EA servers disconnections at the beginning (not me though ) so with your logic that couldn;t be EA problem because I didn't have it but somehow that problem dissapeard when Ea released patch.
    If my ISP was faulty at P2P connections I would have problems with any p2p and I only have problem with FIFA -just like many others here. You're acting like IT specialist yet can't post graph on forums.............

    if your disconnected from the ea server you wont be allowed to play...the server has to see your connected to your opponent....hope this clears this up

    great thanks I never knew that.......................
  • JIO22
    1175 posts Professional
    Good posts going on here guys. Been out the country for the last couple of weeks so haven't been on.

    FIFA 16 isn't changing now.... Let's hope something different for 17 - if anyone is going for it!!!

    I will put my opinion in here, I'm not going to gargle on about all the crap as to why etc, but overall summing up from when my issues started in about 2008 - I will say this is down to EA. If your with a **** ISP, then yes it will only contribute to your problems.
  • Kabakuchi
    72 posts Park Captain
    I played online for the first time against my brother who lives like 3 min away from me(by car)....and the game played almost ok......passing going good....dribble was ok and i even could do tricks......thats been a while.....so now i am playing again online with other players and its shiiiit again....HOW THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE????
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    dilemma.
    ornage dont have a system in the local exchange and basically resell an option from movistar....movistar only give them 30MBs down and 5 Up...they wot allow them to resell 300MBs symmetrical.

    if they dont have systems in the exchanges basically im using movistar for the local loop till the traffic goes to the nearest orange server...which could be quite a distance away....possibly granada which is not ideal as i need to be able to go the barcelona route imo
    this is different to the uk where isps tend to have equipment in exchanges and use bts wired network to and from the home.

    its basically a leap in the dark and negotiating a non contract basis with someone who i cant explain properly isnt going to be easy.
    i dont want to sign up for a year only to find the problems dont go plus be stuck with lower than 30MBs because ive moved back to adsl+.

    have to choose whether to give up fifa.

    i did play pro clubs and do like the sound fo the new system in the 17...it should get rid of many players in drop in matches who just try to hog the ball all game
    pro clubs is on a server and generally plays well for me.

    but over the years ive always preferred h2h .
    also dont want to play the game is a semi testing mode....its about time i enjoyed what i payed for.

    may wait a month or two to see how you lot on this thread report back.
    someone seemed to think the game may be moved to a dedicated server but ea have said **** all so i doubt it...probably some idiot trying to get twitter followers.

    the problems will only gte worse in time imo so maybe one day it will change to dedicated servers.


    the tests i do now are basically pingplotter and voipreview.
    the game runs bad if i have icmp packet loss over a certain level on movistars or the following network.
    also noticed on voipreview if upload consistency isnt near 90% its hard to play.

    im guessing the difefrence between download consistency and upload consistency is the disadvantage you will get...just my take on things.

    good luck for 17....will be watching when it gets released.
  • JIO22
    1175 posts Professional
    also dont want to play the game is a semi testing mode....its about time i enjoyed what i payed for.

    Exactly. This has been my view for some time now - probably the last couple of years.
  • NornIron
    11800 posts Has That Special Something
    Slow mode today.Walking pace against someone at full pace I've no chance. Can't even get a pass off without being closed down.
  • Mossup
    1028 posts Professional
    A lot of other forum users are recommending complaints against EA are pursued using the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org Search for Electronic Arts, Redlands CA).
    If you have consistent and definitive proof (video of poor gameplay, connection data, etc), then you may be able gain some traction using this avenue.
    Apparently EA are not keen on dealing with them.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    not sure if they hold much clout by the looks of it.
    ea arent accreditited with them...if they were they might listen..


    imo sony and microsoft should be the ones regulating games on their platforms......they should be the ones to go to.

    might have a go at contacting them.
  • NornIron
    11800 posts Has That Special Something
    This cant be done on the xbox can it?

    0032f87a567aafbb4644f56ee904a693.png
  • Mossup
    1028 posts Professional
    edited August 2016
    not sure if they hold much clout by the looks of it.
    ea arent accreditited with them...if they were they might listen..


    imo sony and microsoft should be the ones regulating games on their platforms......they should be the ones to go to.

    might have a go at contacting them.

    I agree, Microsoft and Sony should do much more to ensure game companies aren't taking the ****.
    Regarding the BBB, feedback from other forumers has been positive, so it's always worth a shot.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    NornIron wrote: »
    This cant be done on the xbox can it?

    0032f87a567aafbb4644f56ee904a693.png


    2 options.
    some modems can sync easily so you can put the pppoe in the ps4 etc.
    some routers have pppoe relay ........still have to put pppoe details int he ps4 but the router will only allow a connection tot he ps4....everything on the network gets kicked off.
    you will gte open nat....if you dont then your isp has a nat system in place which could mean you are under double nat when your router is connected.
    tbh i didnt notice a difference in gameplay....if i did i would have suspected my network was the problem.
  • The first time I got my input delay was when I used homeplugs. Anyone else uses these homeplugs? What can you remember from the first time you got "input delay"?
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    home plugs as in connected via the electricity circuits?
    cant be a good idea as electricity is bound to cause interference.

  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    one for the ea team to read.

    you really need to move this game off p2p now.

    https://www.eff.org/wp/detecting-packet-injection
  • mindm4ster
    4962 posts Big Money Move
    after like a week of ok gameplay it's back to dreadfull - I guess all kids came back from vacation or that beta of FIFA 17 is creating hype - one more proof of lag being worse when game is crowded
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    same input lag there is in pro evolution soccer, 1vs1.....
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    think my only saving grace might be that july and august here the population doubles..so more using the net.

    september it will reduce and october further.
    november should settle to normal levels.

    hoping the current network runs a lot lot better then.

    atm moment it varies way too much compared to a few months ago.

    also this week microsft have been pushing a major update for windows 10.............
  • how do i fix my fifa gameplay every game i play has a delay i pass or do any action my guy do it 1 second later is there any way to fix it i try all of dmz, nat 1, portforwarding, change router please help if you can
  • Tritone FG
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    how do i fix my fifa gameplay every game i play has a delay i pass or do any action my guy do it 1 second later is there any way to fix it i try all of dmz, nat 1, portforwarding, change router please help if you can

    I've tried everything except changing router, but I still have lag
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    its the golden ticket everyone is searching for....

    dont think its one problem...think its several issues.

    key question is why does battlefield mostly play really well but fifa or incharted not?

    i accept atm my area has a doubled population due to it being a holiday area in spain....so can understand why gaming is hit n miss...but doesnt explain why battlefield is ok.....we do knwo though isps can route that traffic more efficiently if the server ip is known.
    p2p traffic wont have the same advantage so you then have to rely on an isp that has good general routing practises on all traffic.

    some isps buy cheap access and bandwidth out fo their network to the www.
    these etwroks are cheaper and attract more isp business.

    congestion is a problem more for these networks than less used ones.

    what those networks and isps do is key

    all i know speaking to an snb techie he says that some isps are better than other with dealing with your upload.

    not many tools to measure quality of your internet line around and even fewer with p2p traffic so really hard to get definitive answer.

    isps are lucky this is the case or mnay gamers would be on their case with firm evidence.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    one thing is if it is a constant thing 2 things to check.

    1.the response time of your tv....
    2.check the signal strengths of wifi networks invading your area around the ps4 etc.....if someone is using their wifi it can interfere with bluetooth (it wont be constant unless someone is using it constantly)
    the controller bluetooth frequency is on the same wifi channels 2-10.

    ive asked sony if i can turn bluetooth off and just use the wire....i know it uses bluetooth if your still wired because if you turn it off on the ps4 your controller disconnects....

    they havent got back to me surprise surprise.....
Sign In or Register to comment.