Lag Issues Affecting Gameplay and Physics in Game on FUT 16.

Comments

  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    you see i thought of that way back....i thought it was the connection to the server.

    it cant be.
    also those who dont get problems???
    why wouldnt they get the same issues if they were connected?

    btw ps4 users are connected to the psn which also sends and receives data...checked this in the asus traffic app way back.

  • leon1309
    4204 posts National Call-Up
    Well that thing alone might sell fifa more then new engine and all those shiny things...
  • mindm4ster
    4963 posts Big Money Move
    you see i thought of that way back....i thought it was the connection to the server.

    it cant be.
    also those who dont get problems???
    why wouldnt they get the same issues if they were connected?

    btw ps4 users are connected to the psn which also sends and receives data...checked this in the asus traffic app way back.

    Oh it CAN"t be because you say so ?
    And what PSN has to do with EA servers ?
    And if servers are crowded -sending packets through servers can be dodgy .
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally !!!!! they realized the people's problems
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    you see i thought of that way back....i thought it was the connection to the server.

    it cant be.
    also those who dont get problems???
    why wouldnt they get the same issues if they were connected?

    btw ps4 users are connected to the psn which also sends and receives data...checked this in the asus traffic app way back.

    Oh it CAN"t be because you say so ?
    And what PSN has to do with EA servers ?
    And if servers are crowded -sending packets through servers can be dodgy .

    so explain those who dont get problems?

    if your blaming ea because there is a conenction to the server when we are playing then why arent you blaming the psn because your connected to that too while your playing?

    your p2p packets are sent separatley to both conenctions...p2p is sent directly to your opponent not via the ea server.
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @ZebidyAndIrony can i send you a private message for explain my situation well ?
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    yes i ve replied.

    Hope the change sorts your problem out.

    Im changing next month...have to wait till my contract runs out.

    Im wont sign up to a 12 month deal again until i find the best operator....from what i have read orange are the best for gamers.
    They have their own secret qos on their routers.
    Only small problem may be around here they have to use movistars network because they havent reached here yet with their own.
    At least i know their network out fo spain into france will be good.

    I will report back.

    currently testing dd wrt properly.
    will take a few weeks as dont tend to judge on one game lol
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    yes i ve replied.

    Hope the change sorts your problem out.

    Im changing next month...have to wait till my contract runs out.

    Im wont sign up to a 12 month deal again until i find the best operator....from what i have read orange are the best for gamers.
    They have their own secret qos on their routers.
    Only small problem may be around here they have to use movistars network because they havent reached here yet with their own.
    At least i know their network out fo spain into france will be good.

    I will report back.

    currently testing dd wrt properly.
    will take a few weeks as dont tend to judge on one game lol

    also telecom have the qos settings, my operator nope !
  • mindm4ster
    4963 posts Big Money Move
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    you see i thought of that way back....i thought it was the connection to the server.

    it cant be.
    also those who dont get problems???
    why wouldnt they get the same issues if they were connected?

    btw ps4 users are connected to the psn which also sends and receives data...checked this in the asus traffic app way back.

    Oh it CAN"t be because you say so ?
    And what PSN has to do with EA servers ?
    And if servers are crowded -sending packets through servers can be dodgy .

    so explain those who dont get problems?

    if your blaming ea because there is a conenction to the server when we are playing then why arent you blaming the psn because your connected to that too while your playing?

    your p2p packets are sent separatley to both conenctions...p2p is sent directly to your opponent not via the ea server.

    Oh so because there are people who doesn't have problems does that mean it can't be EA servers ?
    But I'm connected to servers while playing and and that can also affect bandwith especially if servers are crowded and **** . I;m not connected to PSN because i'm on PC so don't know what you're on about + I don't recall anyone on this thread having problem with PSN. Maybe they wouldn't blame PSN because FIFA is only game affected ? How would that be PSN issue ? And if EA servers have no affection on gameplay why am being disconnected from opponent when I'm losing connection to EA servers ?
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    Jitter should be 1ms or less anything more = lag
  • Kabakuchi
    72 posts Park Captain
    Hi guys 1 Q....
    Explain this...
    When i play PES 16....i have THE SAME problems like on fifa 16....
    Late response.....like invisible shield around players.....defenders running away from the ball...
    In pes is the response longer....it takes like 2 sec for the player to turn.....
    So how can that be???????
    HOWWWW........
    Then it is not EA.....?????
    EXPLAIN THAT TO ME
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Vitto7 wrote: »
    yes i ve replied.

    Hope the change sorts your problem out.

    Im changing next month...have to wait till my contract runs out.

    Im wont sign up to a 12 month deal again until i find the best operator....from what i have read orange are the best for gamers.
    They have their own secret qos on their routers.
    Only small problem may be around here they have to use movistars network because they havent reached here yet with their own.
    At least i know their network out fo spain into france will be good.

    I will report back.

    currently testing dd wrt properly.
    will take a few weeks as dont tend to judge on one game lol

    also telecom have the qos settings, my operator nope !

    interesting.
    im gonna move to orange.es because they have their own qos.

    only problem is i will have to move back to adsl and 30MBs download and 5 upload...feel i have to do it though.

    need to check the finer details though before going ahead.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    you see i thought of that way back....i thought it was the connection to the server.

    it cant be.
    also those who dont get problems???
    why wouldnt they get the same issues if they were connected?

    btw ps4 users are connected to the psn which also sends and receives data...checked this in the asus traffic app way back.

    Oh it CAN"t be because you say so ?
    And what PSN has to do with EA servers ?
    And if servers are crowded -sending packets through servers can be dodgy .

    so explain those who dont get problems?

    if your blaming ea because there is a conenction to the server when we are playing then why arent you blaming the psn because your connected to that too while your playing?

    your p2p packets are sent separatley to both conenctions...p2p is sent directly to your opponent not via the ea server.

    Oh so because there are people who doesn't have problems does that mean it can't be EA servers ?
    But I'm connected to servers while playing and and that can also affect bandwith especially if servers are crowded and **** . I;m not connected to PSN because i'm on PC so don't know what you're on about + I don't recall anyone on this thread having problem with PSN. Maybe they wouldn't blame PSN because FIFA is only game affected ? How would that be PSN issue ? And if EA servers have no affection on gameplay why am being disconnected from opponent when I'm losing connection to EA servers ?


    i was making a point that its not only ea we are conected to.
    if people were blaming ea's server because we are connected to it then why not blame psn for using bandwidth whilst we are playing?
    if your being disconnected from the ea server you need to look into that.


  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    still think there are basic problems with the setup by ea even though cant put the input lag down to them.

    before you go into a game at some point it does a connection test.

    lets say your on movistar.
    lets say your opponent is on bt.

    they both do a test to california.
    both get similar ping tests and speed tests.

    we have a match.

    ea send both consoles the others details and one console sends a golden packet (lol) to initiate the game.

    at this point we dont know what ea have decided in terms of lag comp but lets say its equal so none applied....keep it simples.

    but we also dont know what a speed test result would produce from movistar to bt or vice versa.
    presume an icmp ping test would produce a similar route.

    but a udp test would surely produce a different route....remember how udp works.

    what needs to happen is ea need ti initiate a test from both consoles...one after the other....and make it udp.
    i actually think they need to do this in game as well...at the very least at half time.why?
    just to make sure one isp wasnt using a speed boost initially..because if they were it could change things....some are known to speed boost initially.

    we need this data because the way udp works.
    one player may have to take a worse route through poor network...even possibly havig their route changed.

    udp isnt done by connection....they are transmitted and are expected to get there.
    they may arive out of order to how they were sent....if so they become irrelevant...some may not even arrive and unlike tcp they will not be resent....your instructions are reliant on a very high percentage of them getting through.
    on average 1-5% of udp packets get lost or arrive out of order.

    thats something to bear in mind....if one players udp packets have 1% loss and anothers has 5% loss well a 4 % difference will be similar in some ways to one player having 40ms ping added....not exactly but hope you get the picture.
    those sprinting commands reduce by 4% etc...thats if the loss is even.

    if they did a test between 2 consoles im sure a more accurate lag comp could be applied.

    but i suppose routers would have to be set correcty which may cause an issue for many.

    ea need to move this game to a dedicated server so it can do the work of measuring, receiving and sending data.

    if peopel had a problem then they could go tot heir isps and have a proper ip address the isp can "prioritise".
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    just played uncharted.
    only 3 games but normally its flakey as ****.

    today 3 games all very good.

    ran the test on voip just now and upload consistency has risen from 76% the other day to very close to 90%....
    still getting jitter spikes but they are not bad.

    how the **** do i post the graph on here?
    snipping tool wont allow me to capture the whole webpage ffs
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    had to go out but before i went out i had 2 quick games of fifa.
    like uncharted superb


    i told movistar i was thinking of leaving and they did ask why....

    i told em p2p gaming was difficult compared to server based games.
    the assistant ont he phone spoke english...but the technical staff dont...my spanish is not good enough to explain to them.

    anyways...once again the service improves after telling them im having problems....normally i let them know on the forum....
  • mindm4ster
    4963 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2016
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    you see i thought of that way back....i thought it was the connection to the server.

    it cant be.
    also those who dont get problems???
    why wouldnt they get the same issues if they were connected?

    btw ps4 users are connected to the psn which also sends and receives data...checked this in the asus traffic app way back.

    Oh it CAN"t be because you say so ?
    And what PSN has to do with EA servers ?
    And if servers are crowded -sending packets through servers can be dodgy .

    so explain those who dont get problems?

    if your blaming ea because there is a conenction to the server when we are playing then why arent you blaming the psn because your connected to that too while your playing?

    your p2p packets are sent separatley to both conenctions...p2p is sent directly to your opponent not via the ea server.

    Oh so because there are people who doesn't have problems does that mean it can't be EA servers ?
    But I'm connected to servers while playing and and that can also affect bandwith especially if servers are crowded and **** . I;m not connected to PSN because i'm on PC so don't know what you're on about + I don't recall anyone on this thread having problem with PSN. Maybe they wouldn't blame PSN because FIFA is only game affected ? How would that be PSN issue ? And if EA servers have no affection on gameplay why am being disconnected from opponent when I'm losing connection to EA servers ?


    i was making a point that its not only ea we are conected to.
    if people were blaming ea's server because we are connected to it then why not blame psn for using bandwidth whilst we are playing?
    if your being disconnected from the ea server you need to look into that.


    look into what ?
    Disconnection from EA servers was massive problem at the beginning of the FIFA 16 UT -and it was fixed - so what are you now saying all those people had problem with their ISP-s but somehow EA made patch and fixed it ?
  • Sami
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dedicated servers will make things worse. Do people forget the BF 4 launch?

    Do people think pro clubs on dedicated servers works perfectly? No it doesn't. The game and bad net code is the problems. I can't wait when next year people are having issues.

    Also dirty mike knows nothing.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Sami wrote: »
    Dedicated servers will make things worse. Do people forget the BF 4 launch?

    Do people think pro clubs on dedicated servers works perfectly? No it doesn't. The game and bad net code is the problems. I can't wait when next year people are having issues.

    Also dirty mike knows nothing.
    wont make it perfect but it will improve it for a lot of people imo.

    the server addresses would be stored in the isp network and they can figure out better routing.
    also if problems arise you can run tracerts and other tests to the server address and the isp can deal with any issues....like call up the next network to complain about a dodgy node...

    under p2p thats impossible.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    you see i thought of that way back....i thought it was the connection to the server.

    it cant be.
    also those who dont get problems???
    why wouldnt they get the same issues if they were connected?

    btw ps4 users are connected to the psn which also sends and receives data...checked this in the asus traffic app way back.

    Oh it CAN"t be because you say so ?
    And what PSN has to do with EA servers ?
    And if servers are crowded -sending packets through servers can be dodgy .

    so explain those who dont get problems?

    if your blaming ea because there is a conenction to the server when we are playing then why arent you blaming the psn because your connected to that too while your playing?

    your p2p packets are sent separatley to both conenctions...p2p is sent directly to your opponent not via the ea server.

    Oh so because there are people who doesn't have problems does that mean it can't be EA servers ?
    But I'm connected to servers while playing and and that can also affect bandwith especially if servers are crowded and **** . I;m not connected to PSN because i'm on PC so don't know what you're on about + I don't recall anyone on this thread having problem with PSN. Maybe they wouldn't blame PSN because FIFA is only game affected ? How would that be PSN issue ? And if EA servers have no affection on gameplay why am being disconnected from opponent when I'm losing connection to EA servers ?


    i was making a point that its not only ea we are conected to.
    if people were blaming ea's server because we are connected to it then why not blame psn for using bandwidth whilst we are playing?
    if your being disconnected from the ea server you need to look into that.


    look into what ?
    Disconnection from EA servers was massive problem at the beginning of the FIFA 16 UT -and it was fixed - so what are you now saying all those people had problem with their ISP-s but somehow EA made patch and fixed it ?

    i will spell it out for you.

    connection to ea server.
    packets sent to oponnent over p2p

    they are not the same thing....not the same connection.
    you packets to and from the other player pass directly between you and him NOT the ea server.

    how the **** can the ea server affect them?

    those packet pass directly from your console through your router...through your isp network...through any middle networks to your oponents isp...through the oponents isp to his router into his console....or pc.
  • mindm4ster
    4963 posts Big Money Move
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    you see i thought of that way back....i thought it was the connection to the server.

    it cant be.
    also those who dont get problems???
    why wouldnt they get the same issues if they were connected?

    btw ps4 users are connected to the psn which also sends and receives data...checked this in the asus traffic app way back.

    Oh it CAN"t be because you say so ?
    And what PSN has to do with EA servers ?
    And if servers are crowded -sending packets through servers can be dodgy .

    so explain those who dont get problems?

    if your blaming ea because there is a conenction to the server when we are playing then why arent you blaming the psn because your connected to that too while your playing?

    your p2p packets are sent separatley to both conenctions...p2p is sent directly to your opponent not via the ea server.

    Oh so because there are people who doesn't have problems does that mean it can't be EA servers ?
    But I'm connected to servers while playing and and that can also affect bandwith especially if servers are crowded and **** . I;m not connected to PSN because i'm on PC so don't know what you're on about + I don't recall anyone on this thread having problem with PSN. Maybe they wouldn't blame PSN because FIFA is only game affected ? How would that be PSN issue ? And if EA servers have no affection on gameplay why am being disconnected from opponent when I'm losing connection to EA servers ?


    i was making a point that its not only ea we are conected to.
    if people were blaming ea's server because we are connected to it then why not blame psn for using bandwidth whilst we are playing?
    if your being disconnected from the ea server you need to look into that.


    look into what ?
    Disconnection from EA servers was massive problem at the beginning of the FIFA 16 UT -and it was fixed - so what are you now saying all those people had problem with their ISP-s but somehow EA made patch and fixed it ?

    i will spell it out for you.

    connection to ea server.
    packets sent to oponnent over p2p

    they are not the same thing....not the same connection.
    you packets to and from the other player pass directly between you and him NOT the ea server.

    how the **** can the ea server affect them?

    those packet pass directly from your console through your router...through your isp network...through any middle networks to your oponents isp...through the oponents isp to his router into his console....or pc.

    you're contradicting yourself every time - you just wrote if I'm being disconnected from EA server (which I;m not ) then I should look into it

    Massive ammount of people had problems with EA servers disconnections at the beginning (not me though ) so with your logic that couldn;t be EA problem because I didn't have it but somehow that problem dissapeard when Ea released patch.
    If my ISP was faulty at P2P connections I would have problems with any p2p and I only have problem with FIFA -just like many others here. You're acting like IT specialist yet can't post graph on forums.............
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    Sami wrote: »
    Dedicated servers will make things worse. Do people forget the BF 4 launch?

    Do people think pro clubs on dedicated servers works perfectly? No it doesn't. The game and bad net code is the problems. I can't wait when next year people are having issues.

    Also dirty mike knows nothing.

    No, it wouldn't be worse. It would also stop the lag cheaters in this game. I'm not sure how the Mexican gamers would be able to win anymore if that happened.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 2016
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »
    No, it wouldn't be worse. It would also stop the lag cheaters in this game. I'm not sure how the Mexican gamers would be able to win anymore if that happened.
    It would lag anyway because the server would have to sync with them, but it would be the same for both, unlike now.

  • GenericName1
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
  • Sami
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »
    Sami wrote: »
    Dedicated servers will make things worse. Do people forget the BF 4 launch?

    Do people think pro clubs on dedicated servers works perfectly? No it doesn't. The game and bad net code is the problems. I can't wait when next year people are having issues.

    Also dirty mike knows nothing.

    No, it wouldn't be worse. It would also stop the lag cheaters in this game. I'm not sure how the Mexican gamers would be able to win anymore if that happened.

    So I take it you played pro clubs then? Funny how whenever I lag when I get matched up against Arabs?

    Btw pro clubs is on dedicated servers and the gameplay is just as bad. People seem to think that dedicated servers will allow them to play magical football.

    Dedicated servers will make it worse especially for one vs one. It will give advantage to those that live close to the servers. So people in London and New York will benefit massively.
  • Why London? Is there a server in London?
  • NornIron
    11830 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2016
    Dont think there is a server in london every time i play fifa my router picks up ip's in California.
  • CFCHenri
    3442 posts National Call-Up
    After today, I can confirm to MYSELF that I'm not buying FIFA 16.
Sign In or Register to comment.