Game changer......

Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
During your time using these Fifa forums I'm sure you've read too many things to remember about formations, player instructions, custom tactics, play styles and even players you never thought of trying before...

But from all the things you've read and tested out for yourselves, what do you think was the best piece of advice you've taken on and helped improve your game the most?

Comments

• BlitzersNL
    24473 posts Club Captain
    Play for fun is the best advice anyone has ever given on here. "Winning is not everything"

Might sound cliche but it really helps enjoy the game more.
  • Stefiliano
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    Play for fun is the best advice anyone has ever given on here. "Winning is not everything"

Might sound cliche but it really helps enjoy the game more.

Totally agree, play the football that you'd wish to see in real life.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 2016
    L2R2 has been the latest thing I have learned. Yet to master it, but the one who said that it is important was really right. I think he was @Tekkerz in one of his threads about winning D1...
  • Aku
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    When @Advait , @stevvix and @FRAZtheRAM asked me to hang in there and go for Messi , when I missed to buy him during Black Friday...

I eventually got him and played with many other great cards...

But now this EA bullcrap has got me to leave this **** and go for other games..
    :neutral:
  • California
    3893 posts National Call-Up
    Avoid users with "beast" and users from a couple of countries.
  • ChrisMagicman13
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    Someone must have given the advice that 'Just use pacey players' and 'Get to the byline and cut back' at some point as it's extremely popular!! Not my style of play though!!!
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    mHazard wrote: »
    L2R2 has been the latest thing I have learned. Yet to master it, but the one who said that it is important was really right. I think he was @Tekkerz in one of his threads about winning D1...

Yep i still use it weave left and right waiting for runners then through ball.
    The best advice for me was defend with midst and try not to manual defend with defenders.
  • nextqprmanager
    3331 posts National Call-Up
    I think the best advice was to relax [ Ive only played online this year & at start with hp etc. I was stressed ] & play your own game - goals / win will come & it doent really matter what Div you`re in !
  • Baznotsobad76
    Tekkerz wrote: »

The best advice for me was defend with midst and try not to manual defend with defenders.

Yeah I'm not very good really but running strikers and midfielders back to defend with was a great piece of advice... I was God awful before that!!
  • LordSanchez
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same as some have mentioned,defend with mids and striker.
    Another one,stick to the gameplan even if you're trailing.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Tekkerz wrote: »

Exactly this.
  • Springveldt
    4698 posts National Call-Up
    This year the 2 things for me were defend with your mids and let go of the sprint button.

L2R2 is great when I have no input lag but most of the time it doesn't work, I get tackled before my player responds to it.
  • bucs0576
    2357 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stop holding R2.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    This year the 2 things for me were defend with your mids and let go of the sprint button.

L2R2 is great when I have no input lag but most of the time it doesn't work, I get tackled before my player responds to it.

Stay off the sprint button for sure. Especially when defending while heading AT an attacker, you will slide right by.

Play the lag. Have to go just a little bit earlier with the input

Less is more. Especially when defending. I read something in a 4411 guide about not using the full radius of the left stick when defending. It does work. So does feathering the LT/left stick. The AI seems to do more for you when you aren't inputting as much.
  • Tsunami85
    1517 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gamechanger for me was R1
  • Orison
    49502 posts FIFA Cover Star
    @PVFCB97xD once called me "the sweatiest and most annoying player to ever play against" after I used TOTS Auba and TOTY Ronaldo upfront in a forum tourney last year and beat him 7:1 and 5:1 or something like that :trollface: Helped me realize that I´m just not made for nice play, even my skills are just for pure effectiveness (for example constantly abused the scoop turn with Ronaldo last year).

I play for fun, but losing is not fun, so yeah "winning is everything" is what forum tourneys showed me, losing feels bad when you know the opponent and get a solid "git gud :trollface: " in case you lose o:)
  • Baznotsobad76
    Orison wrote: »
    @PVFCB97xD once called me "the sweatiest and most annoying player to ever play against" after I used TOTS Auba and TOTY Ronaldo upfront in a forum tourney last year and beat him 7:1 and 5:1 or something like that :trollface: Helped me realize that I´m just not made for nice play, even my skills are just for pure effectiveness (for example constantly abused the scoop turn with Ronaldo last year).

I play for fun, but losing is not fun, so yeah "winning is everything" is what forum tourneys showed me, losing feels bad when you know the opponent and get a solid "git gud :trollface: " in case you lose o:)

To be fair, I think 90% of what are considered to be good Fifa players could also be considered to be sweaty... ... Sweaty seems to mean the same as effective and hard to play against... :smiley:
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

To be fair, I think 90% of what are considered to be good Fifa players could also be considered to be sweaty... ... Sweaty seems to mean the same as effective and hard to play against... :smiley:

I'm not too sure. I'm as sweaty as can be but good players are fast, quick and efficient. For me, 2 out of 3 ain't good :s

Really, some players are just good with any damn team but for the rest of us, pace helps.
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    game changer for me was when I learned to press L2 & R2, or also to do a couple of skill moves that I don't know the name of...4* is all I know. Up once, they right/left once.
  • PVFCB97xD
    13142 posts Has That Special Something

I can still see the LBYs to Auba and 40M long shot goal by Ronaldo :s
  • PVFCB97xD
    13142 posts Has That Special Something
    Play for fun and use as many skill moves as possible :)