opponent scores an own goal then quits, why?

stupot
43 posts Park Captain
happened to me a few times now, what's the advantage or glitch, because there must be something in it

thanks.

Comments

• heavymcd
    10073 posts Has That Special Something
    stupot wrote: »
    happened to me a few times now, what's the advantage or glitch, because there must be something in it

thanks.

Earn coins quickly through relegation (double coins right now). Faster than playing games.

He scored the own goal as a favor to you, so you get the win.
  • SimmoEFC
    11613 posts Has That Special Something
    Relegating themselves, they're actually helping you by scoring before quitting.
  • QceCapo
    5705 posts Big Money Move
    Getting demoted on purpose...double coins during Futties for online seasons
  • Shadox81
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    stupot wrote: »

thanks.

They do it to regulate them self to a lower division and get the double coins, there is currently a promo where you get double coins for completing a season.
  • Keepthechange
    1667 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's nice of him to score an own goal, most of those I come up against just quit and cost me contracts.
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's nice of him to score an own goal, most of those I come up against just quit and cost me contracts.

Amazingly, every single one of these guys I have played recently has scored an own goal for me. Infact one of them paused it at 0 - 0, then unpaused it, scored the own goal and quit. I always long pass to their GK from kick off because I think it makes them more inclined to help you out then if you try and stop them getting the ball at all costs until you score.
  • stupot
    43 posts Park Captain
    ah right, makes sense now.
    the teams that did it have looked like they've just started
  • KALIK86
    80 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2016
    I was on my 10th game for winning the title (should work for going into upper division) and played this kind of guy... Well I earned the money but stay in the same division. lol