Do you use custom tactics?

Mitchmeister
347 posts Sunday League Hero
Type 1 if no, 2 if you use one of the default ones and 3 if you use custom. I'm curious. Think im gonna try some custom ones when i get home.

Comments

• Scottish21
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    Default now. I used to use custom for the 1st 5 months. I don't see the point now and I'm doing great without them. It's just another thing that plays on your mind when it comes to UT. You end up questioning too much of UT, like are the tactics causing me issues, players, formation, connection etc etc. They obviously work for some people but most people lose and go through poor form so it's another thing to blame.
  • Stones
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
  • CR7BRUH
    3886 posts National Call-Up
  • Hagman10
    12296 posts Has That Special Something
  • GermanFussballgott
    507 posts Sunday League Hero
  • nextqprmanager
    3355 posts National Call-Up
    but not convinced
  • Mitchmeister
    guys who use them, do you think you will ever go back to not using them and guys who don't use them, have u tried? What divison are you in?
    ¨
    I don't mean to overthink or anything, i just like to see what others are doing.
  • Hagman10
    guys who use them, do you think you will ever go back to not using them and guys who don't use them, have u tried? What divison are you in?
    ¨
    I don't mean to overthink or anything, i just like to see what others are doing.

Used the quick tactic High Pressure at the start of the game when it was effective, haven't used any tactics since. Been in Div 1 since the second week of the game, never been relegated. There's more important things to think about than custom tactics if you're struggling imo. Don't think they make much of a difference tbh.
  • JPRM71
    2447 posts Fans' Favourite
  • JPRM71
    2447 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hagman10 wrote: »
    ¨

Used the quick tactic High Pressure at the start of the game when it was effective, haven't used any tactics since. Been in Div 1 since the second week of the game, never been relegated. There's more important things to think about than custom tactics if you're struggling imo. Don't think they make much of a difference tbh.

Don't you get bored if the game is that easy for you?
  • Stefiliano
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    ¨

I've also been in div 1 the whole game, and it doesn't get boring. As soon as you feel unbeatable there comes a guy with a full bronze team and beats you 5-0 to set your feet on the ground :smiley:
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Mostly 3, sometimes 1, very rarely 2
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    3 They completely transform the way my team plays.
  • Andybelfast
    10957 posts Has That Special Something
  • XxMTOxX
    1960 posts Fans' Favourite
  • NindozG
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    never have and never need to
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    1 & 2
  • Hagman10
    edited August 2016
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    ¨

Haven't played as much this year as previous years. But this Fifa got stale really quick, not gonna lie. Although i would still imagine the game is more fun if you're good.
  • SMPL
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    3 & div 1.
  • Alergi
    1170 posts Professional
    I use to use it. But now I go ultra attack/possession and can't seem to lose. :)
  • bgp1845
    1818 posts Play-Off Hero
    started using them this year, especially since offside trap is the default defensive setting.

i can tell a difference, but only in the extremes. for something like passing distance, which i change up depending on formation, i can't tell a difference between like 50 and 70, but i can tell a huge difference between 70 and 30.
  • Gazza74
    1130 posts Professional
    3, always have since the beginning.
  • Alan94
    674 posts An Exciting Prospect
    1, div 1 I think it's more effective to focus on improving your game with the default tactics than to modify them to help you play better. And against the best players, they're even less effective if at all.
  • RadioShaq
    15291 posts Moderator
    3 If you use default the pressure is to high. Pretty much anyone on default is ruining the game for everyone else wanting to play a regular game.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9971 posts Has That Special Something
    1. I feel they're pretty unnecessary.
  • General-Richa
    1094 posts Professional

I've tried all-sorts during the lifespan of Fifa 16, but I feel (more recently) the best consistency has come from leaving tactics alone.

I do think they have been toned down a bit over the course of the game though.

(I'm in D1, but I mostly play tournaments)
  • Mitchmeister
    Everyone i play against seems to use them, they all are 'making changes' for a second or two...