►►► Serie A Lounge 2015-16 ◄◄◄

Comments

• AFC AJAX NR 1
    13214 posts Has That Special Something
    mab wrote: »
    MaTaDoRz wrote: »
    The problem now is that not winning the CL would brand our season as a failure with all the expenditure...
    Don't think that buying Higuain, Pjanic and Alves is enough. Barca, Real and Bayern are still quite a bit ahead.

Bayern are ahead, Barca and Madrid are side to side with us imo.

Ajax are still one of the best clubs in Europe as well.

Or are we not talking from a 90's perspective?
  • Mikael
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 2016
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Juve are not on Barca level...

CU UCL
  • AIeks
    5080 posts Big Money Move
    I don't rate Higuain as highly as many others do, but that's okay. I wouldn't mind be proven wrong on this one, it would be nice to see an Italian team win the CL again, even if it's Juve. Being solid all round, but not exceptional anywhere except the defense, in my eyes means Juve still have a lot to do, to overtake the other 3 top teams. Atletico have been in the CL final twice in 3 years, but haven't won it. Similiar to Juve in the sense, that both would need to take that one final step to actually go and win it, just don't think Higuain is the one who can do it.

Anyway, should be interesting to see what this means for the rest of the transfer market, Napoli are going to need a striker and they're interested in Bacca, Milan should ask for more than 30m to let him go to a rival team, unfortunately we're not really in a position to play hardball. Where is Mandzukic going? If Juve buy 2 strikers (Higuain and Barbosa) surely he has to go?
  • 1Claudio9
    16414 posts World Class
    I don't rate Higuain as highly as many others do, but that's okay. I wouldn't mind be proven wrong on this one, it would be nice to see an Italian team win the CL again, even if it's Juve. Being solid all round, but not exceptional anywhere except the defense, in my eyes means Juve still have a lot to do, to overtake the other 3 top teams. Atletico have been in the CL final twice in 3 years, but haven't won it. Similiar to Juve in the sense, that both would need to take that one final step to actually go and win it, just don't think Higuain is the one who can do it.

Anyway, should be interesting to see what this means for the rest of the transfer market, Napoli are going to need a striker and they're interested in Bacca, Milan should ask for more than 30m to let him go to a rival team, unfortunately we're not really in a position to play hardball. Where is Mandzukic going? If Juve buy 2 strikers (Higuain and Barbosa) surely he has to go?
    Napoli are signing Milik for 35m
  • AIeks
    1Claudio9 wrote: »

Napoli are signing Milik for 35m
    Really? That one has gone by me...

• Joe
    4586 posts National Call-Up
    Joe wrote: »
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    The problem now is that not winning the CL would brand our season as a failure with all the expenditure...
    Don't think that buying Higuain, Pjanic and Alves is enough. Barca, Real and Bayern are still quite a bit ahead.

Just no.

Yeah. Bayern can't be ahead because they were not even the better side against a weaker Juve team. IMO you are now level with Barcelona, the rest are behind.

lmao

Top notch argument right here.
  • 1Claudio9
    16414 posts World Class

Just no.

Yeah. Bayern can't be ahead because they were not even the better side against a weaker Juve team. IMO you are now level with Barcelona, the rest are behind.

lmao

Smashing 6 goals past the "worlds best defense" wasnt enough m8?
  • WWEFAN24_TRIPLEH
    14322 posts Has That Special Something

Just no.

lmao

It's pointless to argue with you if you think that Juventus is as good as Barca and better than Bayern & Real...
  • AIeks
    According to my (brief) calculations the preliminary agreement for the Milan sale has been delayed/postponed at least 16 times since April. No biggie tho, staying positive.
  • Joe

Just no.

lmao

Well you were also supposed to be 3 goals down at home. Clearly it's close, but I think Juve are the better side right now.
  • Pughy30
    28191 posts Player of the Year

Just no.

lmao

It's pointless to argue with you if you think that Juventus is as good as Barca and better than Bayern & Real...

RT
  • 1Claudio9
    16414 posts World Class

Just no.

lmao

Well you were also supposed to be 3 goals down at home. Clearly it's close, but I think Juve are the better side right now.
    Imo Gladbach is better than Juventus though, Juve couldnt do anything vs them
  • Joe

Just no.

lmao

Ok bud.
  • Joe

Just no.

lmao

Imo Gladbach is better than Juventus though, Juve couldnt do anything vs them

Didn't they also beat Bayern last season? Gladbach is the best team in the world confirmed.
  • mab
    450 posts Sunday League Hero

Just no.

Yeah I kind of agree but I meant that they are ahead of us based on the quality of players, I should have wrote that :sweat_smile: . If I were to mention the best clubs currently I would also mention Atletico on top of Barca and Madrid too. Bayern have Ancellotti now so they might be the best club currently as Guardiola was the reason they weren't imo.
  • 1Claudio9 wrote: »

Just no.

lmao

Lets not forget you guys got through because of a ref's mistake. Its time put it behind us playa.
  • Alemas_2012
    19178 posts World Class

Urgh, another post without any Italian.

• Urgh, another post without any Italian.

RIP
  • Alemas_2012
    19178 posts World Class
    I'll have you know that last night I dreamt that Pogba posted a few photos on Instagram with him next to Manchester United merchandise. :D
  • 1Claudio9
    16414 posts World Class
    You are overreacting
  • DarkInvader
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 2016
    Lets not forget you guys got through because of a ref's mistake. Its time put it behind us playa.

more like 4-5 mistakes... Vidal's handball, Robben's goal after Lewa's foul on Bonucci...
    Those two games were atrocius from the perspective of someone who wants fairness in football.

I still think we have quite a way ahead of us to reach the quality of Bayern and Barcelona.
    We have more like the strength of Real and Atletico, even with Higuain.

Having outplayed Bayern and still getting taken the wins away for no reason still hurts :(
    It doesn't feel like we'll get another chance in the next 5-10 years :/

Can't wait to see referees being replaced by cameras <3
  • samiinasri08
    1638 posts Play-Off Hero
    IMO

Real Madrid

Juve
    Bayern
    Atlético Madrid

Barcelona
  • Pughy30
    IMO

Real Madrid

Juve
    Bayern
    Atlético Madrid

Barcelona

Madrid tier 1 and barca 3?, All those teams can compete against each other on there day but if I had to rank them Juve would be nearer the bottom especially because Spanish teams are great in Europe
  • samiinasri08
    1638 posts Play-Off Hero
    For me, Madrid has no weak links....

Juve & Bayern have both improved their weakest areas
    Atletico is already solid, although player for player wise weaker than the rest...

Baca has the best attack in the world by a long way, but an over reliance on an aging Iniesta and a poor defense....
  • Pughy30
    Everyone has there own opinion/ranking I suppose
  • DarkInvader
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect

no weak links and still no league title since 2012?

They've had a pretty 'easy' run this year getting only Roma, Wolfsburg and City as their opponents in the playoff stages of the CL... and getting Atletico in the final instead of Barca or Bayern as a final opponent is also kind of a small relief.

They've had an amazing CL season 2014, but after that there wasn't really any superiority to the other teams.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    IMO

Real Madrid

Juve
    Bayern
    Atlético Madrid

Barcelona
    I think you got that upside down
  • samiinasri08
    1638 posts Play-Off Hero

no weak links and still no league title since 2012?

They've had a pretty 'easy' run this year getting only Roma, Wolfsburg and City as their opponents in the playoff stages of the CL... and getting Atletico in the final instead of Barca or Bayern as a final opponent is also kind of a small relief.

They've had an amazing CL season 2014, but after that there wasn't really any superiority to the other teams.

Their stronger than Juve :p

And what I mean is there team is solid in every position...
    None of there older players Pepe (33), cr7 (31), Modric (30) & Ramos (30) look like falling off the face of the earth... while there younger players still have development in them...

Only player they have lost is their 3rd choice RB in Arbeloa... and they have regained Morata

Like what is the weakest part of there team? There CM? Modric, Kroos, James, Isco, Casemiro, Kovacic.... then you still have players like Lucas Silva & Asensio that can come in and do a job...

Who knows though, they'll probably just sign Pogba to shore up that area before the market is done :D
  • Alemas_2012
    19178 posts World Class
    We have had some help from an unlikely source.
    Pogba's sponsor Adidas.
This discussion has been closed.