The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

NIF Ronaldo or TOTS Griezmann at st?

CR7BRUH
3889 posts National Call-Up
1 LF Ronaldo (Can't afford the ST):

2b13c28d0e8cc6ab95e8373941ed788f.png

2: TOTS Griezmann

a139b77254ece22ec203b576aa96fa36.png

Thanks

Comments

• Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Ronaldo
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    Advait wrote: »
    Ronaldo

• CR7BRUH
    Ronaldo

Is their a reason as to why mate?

• Mini_Miudo
    9974 posts Has That Special Something
    If you've never used Ronaldo and wanna try him out, I'd go with him. Absolute beast at everything he does - 5* skills, incredible pace and strength combo, and finishing's great.

If you've used him in the past and are bored of him (like me, despite him being the best player in the game for me) then I'd go Griezmann just 'cause it's a blue and a relatively new card. :)
  • CR7BRUH
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    If you've never used Ronaldo and wanna try him out, I'd go with him. Absolute beast at everything he does - 5* skills, incredible pace and strength combo, and finishing's great.

If you've used him in the past and are bored of him (like me, despite him being the best player in the game for me) then I'd go Griezmann just 'cause it's a blue and a relatively new card. :)

Thanks for your input mate:)

I managed to get Ronaldo just now for 549 :)
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Good to hear you got Ron. He's everything you'd want your striker to be. Fast, clinical finisher, strong, great heading, skills, H/L
  • holdenwait
    59523 posts National Treasure
    Griezmann
  • Rollin21h
    1389 posts Professional
    Ronaldo-Griez-Bale would be the best option
  • Dez1888
    1152 posts Professional
    For me, the best points about Ronaldo at ST are: clinical finishing, right place at the right time, strength, 5* skills.

I had TOTS Griezmann and can safely say Ronaldo was better for me and my play style.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9974 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2016
    Good to hear you got Ron. He's everything you'd want your striker to be. Fast, clinical finisher, strong, great heading, skills, H/L

Second that, perfect player. I'm actually a bit sad I managed to get Ronaldo so early in the year (lucky packs at the start of draft). First FIFA I have actually managed to get him, but gets boring after playing so many games with him so I can't even stand the sight of him now. :lol: Hadn't played with him in a couple months so bought him last week thinking I'd enjoy him again but already sold him. :neutral:
  • Greizman all the way because for one he is about 50k cheaper(at the time of this comment)
    and his stats are really much better apart from physical and because he is a striker he will be on full chem (chemistry has been fixed, it really does matter) and because he is a striker you can play him where he does just as well
  • Not to forget griezman can header as shown in his stats and proved at the euros
  • NindozG
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    ronaldo 100% , shouldnt be a question
  • Scottish21
    2236 posts Fans' Favourite
    Griezman. One of best cards on the game easily.
  • ha032742
    35751 posts Moderator
    Can't go wrong with either :lol:
  • Stefiliano
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I actually prefer Griezmann, one of my top 3 cards this year.
  • FIS
    4286 posts National Call-Up
    Ronaldo

• randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    I can't get TOTS Griez out of the CAM spot, so i'd probably say Ron simply because you are looking for a ST :smile:
  • Kickmaster
    440 posts Sunday League Hero
    i have them both,ron as st(98 version),Griez as cam,amazing
  • CR7BRUH
    Kickmaster wrote: »
    i have them both,ron as st(98 version),Griez as cam,amazing

4-3-3(4)?
  • CR7BRUH
    I can't get TOTS Griez out of the CAM spot, so i'd probably say Ron simply because you are looking for a ST :smile:

What about cf bro :)
  • randomhero1090
    CR7BRUH wrote: »

@CR7BRUH

Absolutely. False 9 CF, 4411. I don't think people realize how off the charts his stats are. His long passing out to the wings is just so good. He will hit an outside of the left foot long pass to the right wing, which curls back left. So you can actually give it a little more juice and it curls left and stays inbounds. Makes fantastic runs. Great touch. Long shooting. Does it all.

The ONLY issue with CAM/CF is links if you hybrid. But you got Koke, Benz and some great French players. I link him with Pogba right now in a 4334. So all I need is 3 links.

• CR7BRUH

@CR7BRUH

Absolutely. False 9 CF, 4411. I don't think people realize how off the charts his stats are. His long passing out to the wings is just so good. He will hit an outside of the left foot long pass to the right wing, which curls back left. So you can actually give it a little more juice and it curls left and stays inbounds. Makes fantastic runs. Great touch. Long shooting. Does it all.

The ONLY issue with CAM/CF is links if you hybrid. But you got Koke, Benz and some great French players. I link him with Pogba right now in a 4334. So all I need is 3 links.

@randomhero1090 sounds great!

You got any ct's and/or player instructions for 4-3-3(4) that works well for you?

Cheers
  • randomhero1090

@CR7BRUH

You got any ct's and/or player instructions for 4-3-3(4) that works well for you?

Cheers

@CR7BRUH

Really funny that you mentioned it... I follow @Remzy69 's 433(4) "Noob" thread. I was bouncing back and forth between 4312/41212(2) and 433(4). I used Rem's tactics for awhile with success, but I still felt like I wasn't getting the most of of the formation. So after a loss that just pissed me off to no end, I decided to try default tactics with the following instructions (which I believe Rem uses):

Fullbacks: Stay back
    Mids: ALL balance (no changes)
    LW/RW: Get in behind, cut inside, get into the box for crosses (NOT stay forward)
    ST: Stay central, get in behind (NOT stay forward)

My goal was to slow it down a bit, but create more runs, get a bit of support from the front line. Well, it worked. After starting D2 2-1-3 I ran off 4 in a row, scoring 13 goals with 2 rage quits. First rage quit I scored 4 on 5 shots and got the rage quit at the 18th minute. Second rage I scored opening possession and then immediate rage quit.

Now normally I wouldn't press my luck and start D1. Hate ending the night on a loss/tie. But I was playing so well I played my first game of D1... 3-0 win, total control. 16 shots to 4. 65-35 possession. 85% passing.

After trying Gorilla & Jukez 41212(2) as well as Rem's 433(4) tactics, and then trying default last night, I think I found out that I simply cannot play at the pace that some of the best can. I don't skill enough. I don't win 1v1s enough. I pass to score. By slowing it down I was able to get some great runs open, create space, and "skill" from there.

Watch Griez's run. With higher speed I felt like he got too far forward. Now, he's just far enough back for the driven pass inside. He forces the LCB to move, which now puts Suarez in a perfect cross spot. My opponent decides to pull the goalie, so... :smiley:

http://xboxclips.com/randomhero1090/fbb36e33-fe65-44ea-8fc9-43bec02add2b

Sorry for the novel, but I won 5 in a row last night for the first time in forever :smiley:

• CR7BRUH

@CR7BRUH

Cheers

@CR7BRUH

Really funny that you mentioned it... I follow @Remzy69 's 433(4) "Noob" thread. I was bouncing back and forth between 4312/41212(2) and 433(4). I used Rem's tactics for awhile with success, but I still felt like I wasn't getting the most of of the formation. So after a loss that just pissed me off to no end, I decided to try default tactics with the following instructions (which I believe Rem uses):

LW/RW: Get in behind, cut inside, get into the box for crosses (NOT stay forward)

My goal was to slow it down a bit, but create more runs, get a bit of support from the front line. Well, it worked. After starting D2 2-1-3 I ran off 4 in a row, scoring 13 goals with 2 rage quits. First rage quit I scored 4 on 5 shots and got the rage quit at the 18th minute. Second rage I scored opening possession and then immediate rage quit.

Now normally I wouldn't press my luck and start D1. Hate ending the night on a loss/tie. But I was playing so well I played my first game of D1... 3-0 win, total control. 16 shots to 4. 65-35 possession. 85% passing.

After trying Gorilla & Jukez 41212(2) as well as Rem's 433(4) tactics, and then trying default last night, I think I found out that I simply cannot play at the pace that some of the best can. I don't skill enough. I don't win 1v1s enough. I pass to score. By slowing it down I was able to get some great runs open, create space, and "skill" from there.

Watch Griez's run. With higher speed I felt like he got too far forward. Now, he's just far enough back for the driven pass inside. He forces the LCB to move, which now puts Suarez in a perfect cross spot. My opponent decides to pull the goalie, so... :smiley:

Sorry for the novel, but I won 5 in a row last night for the first time in forever :smiley:

@randomhero1090 That's great mate, i'm glad things are working out for you!

If using the default ct's are working you should stick at it and you will win the d1 title in no time :)

Thanks for the player instructions aswell.
  • randomhero1090

@CR7BRUH

Cheers

@CR7BRUH

If using the default ct's are working you should stick at it and you will win the d1 title in no time :)

@CR7BRUH

Thx bruh :smile:

I have got to win this D1 title. It's killing me. If I can get 3+ goals a game, like I did yesterday, then I can do it. I just don't tackle well enough (stopping skillers/runners) to hold teams to 0-1 goals with consistency.
  • CR7BRUH
    edited July 2016

@CR7BRUH

Cheers

@CR7BRUH

@CR7BRUH

Thx bruh :smile:

I have got to win this D1 title. It's killing me. If I can get 3+ goals a game, like I did yesterday, then I can do it. I just don't tackle well enough (stopping skillers/runners) to hold teams to 0-1 goals with consistency.

@randomhero1090

Do you jockey a lot?

I personally am a conservative tackler, I will not rush you and slide tackle as missing the tackle will leave my whole defense exploited.

Do you hold l2 to jockey and manually select another player with the right analog stick and get behind the cpu to tackle the opponent if he gets past the cpu or do you man mark the person you think your opponent is going to past to?

What's key to winning division one (I know this may be obvious) is to try your very best to anticipate what the opponents next move/pass is so you can intercept the ball and go on the counter.

• randomhero1090
    @CR7BRUH

xbox player... so forgive me if I don't know the buttons.

I do jockey alot. What I realized is when I come out of jockey my player tends to spin/turn. So now I am going from jockey to the "run jockey" by holding LT/RT (jockey + run). Seems to keep the player more stable but able to move a bit quicker.

I barely every slide tackle. I probably should. Just don't.

I would say my overall defensive style isn't aggressive. It's more contain and force play. I normally man mark the passing option that poses the biggest threat. When getting close to goal, it's usually the ST who has the clear path for a thruball. I will use the AI teammate contain if I see an option to force a move that gives me the option to get the ball (force a bad pass, force a cutback).

Here's my BIGGEST issue... Since I play a jockey/contain without super-high pressure (I press some, but im not obnoxious about) my opponent usually makes it at least half way onto my side of the pitch. When it's finally time to take them on 1v1, I struggle. I just can't seem to stick a tackle. Even when I do, the ball bounces away. This happens way to much. You add in some lag, and it's like im a full half second late on the tackle (the player makes a skill move, is past me, THEN the tackle happens). Or my players just move so snappy, even with jockey on. I had SOME success last night trying to limit my front/back movement, so when it was time to tackle, I was only moving side-to-side.

Next biggest issues is taking the ball away on breaks. Say a wing gets it, my fullback catches up (they are TOTS Sandro and TOTS Carv). I'm side by side. I struggle to win the ball. I do, but most of my opponents just take it from me right away. I gotta fight and fight.

HELP ME! lol :smiley:

• Orison
    51176 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    @CR7BRUH

I do jockey alot. What I realized is when I come out of jockey my player tends to spin/turn. So now I am going from jockey to the "run jockey" by holding LT/RT (jockey + run). Seems to keep the player more stable but able to move a bit quicker.

I would say my overall defensive style isn't aggressive. It's more contain and force play. I normally man mark the passing option that poses the biggest threat. When getting close to goal, it's usually the ST who has the clear path for a thruball. I will use the AI teammate contain if I see an option to force a move that gives me the option to get the ball (force a bad pass, force a cutback).

Here's my BIGGEST issue... Since I play a jockey/contain without super-high pressure (I press some, but im not obnoxious about) my opponent usually makes it at least half way onto my side of the pitch. When it's finally time to take them on 1v1, I struggle. I just can't seem to stick a tackle. Even when I do, the ball bounces away. This happens way to much. You add in some lag, and it's like im a full half second late on the tackle (the player makes a skill move, is past me, THEN the tackle happens). Or my players just move so snappy, even with jockey on. I had SOME success last night trying to limit my front/back movement, so when it was time to tackle, I was only moving side-to-side.

Next biggest issues is taking the ball away on breaks. Say a wing gets it, my fullback catches up (they are TOTS Sandro and TOTS Carv). I'm side by side. I struggle to win the ball. I do, but most of my opponents just take it from me right away. I gotta fight and fight.

Play faster, more pressure, more slide tackles, more skills, quicker thinking if you get the ball with your fullbacks and doesn't feel safe, just smash it away for a throw in, still better than your opponent instantly getting it back and keep on running.
  • randomhero1090
    edited July 2016
    Orison wrote: »
    @CR7BRUH

Play faster, more pressure, more slide tackles, more skills, quicker thinking if you get the ball with your fullbacks and doesn't feel safe, just smash it away for a throw in, still better than your opponent instantly getting it back and keep on running.

@Orison

The only aspect of that I disagree with is the "play faster." Then again, my "slow play" is probably still pretty fast.

And absolutely on the "smash it away." I try to make plays from deep im end too often. It's just bad. Get the damn ball up the field or out of danger.