Why am I being punished with the players who are relegating on purpose?

AbuNegus
1229 posts Professional
Seriously, it starting to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me off. At least have the decency to score an own goal before quitting. I am losing so much time and contracts over this nonsense.

Comments

• Zebbe
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have been lucky, had two so far but both scored own goals before quitting.
  • Zebbe wrote: »
    I have been lucky, had two so far but both scored own goals before quitting.

same, and last one I had to win to get to div 1, so would've been pissed if he had just quit
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    4 games in a row now :rage:
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    4 games in a row now :rage:

Lol
  • AbuNegus
    1229 posts Professional
    EA should copy Overwatch. If you quit a numerous times in a row you get banned from match making for a certain time. Do it again and you get banned altogether.
  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    AbuNegus wrote: »
    EA should copy Overwatch. If you quit a numerous times in a row you get banned from match making for a certain time. Do it again and you get banned altogether.

This and also a one minute inactivity kick for people putting down the controller. They have it in pro clubs so surely should be in FUT as well.
  • AbuNegus
    1229 posts Professional
    TWS001 wrote: »

This and also a one minute inactivity kick for people putting down the controller. They have it in pro clubs so surely should be in FUT as well.

Yeah good idea. Get plenty of those too. But at least in that case I'm not being punished for nothing.
  • Wooly1203
    3127 posts National Call-Up

Agreed.
  • RadioShaq
    16211 posts Moderator
    You make coins when they quit. When you have the manager 50 percent bonus and figure what 11 contracts cost it should be less than what you get in coins. Since it benefits you to have people quit as fast as possible what you don't want is to force people to put the controller down and waste time.
  • Wooly1203 wrote: »

Agreed.

• heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    You make coins when they quit. When you have the manager 50 percent bonus and figure what 11 contracts cost it should be less than what you get in coins. Since it benefits you to have people quit as fast as possible what you don't want is to force people to put the controller down and waste time.

But most people still have some limit on playtime. If it takes something like four minutes to find a match, get through prematch screens and such, and get to them quitting out then the fact that you perhaps broken even on contracts/coins isn't really that great. Especially if they don't at least give the own goal so you win.
  • AbuNegus
    1229 posts Professional

Just had another quitter (without scoring an own goal ofcourse). I got 93 coins... So it's not true you get more coins if they quit early
  • heavymcd

Just had another quitter (without scoring an own goal ofcourse). I got 93 coins... So it's not true you get more coins if they quit early

He's saying that 93 coins is more than you spent in contracts, since a gold rare costs like 250 or 300 and delivers 42 with managers. That's almost four games (which would be 44), meaning it should cost you less than 93 coins to start the team.

But as I noted, given that you waste upwards of 6 minutes getting into a match to have somebody quit, knowing that you probably broke even isn't exactly something to get excited over.
  • AbuNegus
    1229 posts Professional
    Ah I get it. Still, I'm being punished because someone wants to drop divisions that's just not fair.
    Just ban quitters from match making, doesn't seem so difficult to implement.
  • heavymcd
    Ah I get it. Still, I'm being punished because someone wants to drop divisions that's just not fair.
    Just ban quitters from match making, doesn't seem so difficult to implement.

Of course it isn't.

But fixing it before the weekend would have cost man hours of overtime. Time they aren't going to spend unless they need to. And since everybody is still buying 17, they don't need to.

Does anybody on this forum actually expect better from them?
  • heavymcd
    edited July 2016
    I'll bet money that quitters aren't penalized significantly next year either.

They won't change anything they don't need to and that can't be turned into a Buzzword Video (active intelligence, play beautiful, etc). The FIFA playerbase gets the game they demand.

It's hilariously incompetent, though; people abusing the 2x rewards through (even more) self relegation was absolutely predicable.
  • jbunnerz
    1310 posts Professional
    Always thought if the opponent quits at a draw the other should get the win
  • AbuNegus
    1229 posts Professional
    heavymcd wrote: »
    I'll bet money that quitters aren't penalized significantly next year either.

They won't change anything they don't need to and that can't be turned into a Buzzword Video (active intelligence, play beautiful, etc). The FIFA playerbase gets the game they demand.

It's hilariously incompetent, though; people abusing the 2x rewards through (even more) self relegation was absolutely predicable.

The fanbase in not really helping either. I think most people here do this so they don't want it fixed. So in turn EA will not see the need in implementing matchmaking bans. Too bad.
  • Antparry92
    19311 posts World Class
    It's frustrating, but then if I put a crap squad out knowing they'll quit but then don't i'll only get punished for it that way
  • Tsunami85
    1517 posts Play-Off Hero
    Xbox one or PS4?
  • AbuNegus
    1229 posts Professional
    I'm on PS4, but I imagine it happens on both consoles.
  • Quinn87
    1898 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's not just 1 contract you loose each game.. Every player looses 1 contract each. So effectively you are loosing almost a gold contract per game, a gold contract is 250 gold each at the moment. So no, you do not earn more coins than you are losing!

It's more the fact my players records are getting screwed over that's ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me off!
  • Nobility-
    857 posts Semi-Pro
    Quinn87 wrote: »
    It's not just 1 contract you loose each game.. Every player looses 1 contract each. So effectively you are loosing almost a gold contract per game, a gold contract is 250 gold each at the moment. So no, you do not earn more coins than you are losing!

It's more the fact my players records are getting screwed over that's ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me off!
    This has always been the one thing that frustrates me more than anything. Disconnects should not count toward my player's stats unless I'm the one quitting.
  • Nobility- wrote: »

This has always been the one thing that frustrates me more than anything. Disconnects should not count toward my player's stats unless I'm the one quitting.

exactly.. I hate it so much
  • heavymcd

You are losing at most a gold nonrare, which is cheaper last I looked (been a while). Less if you have managers, which you should.

Still agree it's awful though. Even if you break even, it's pretty crap.
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    Those selfish ones who quit without scoring an own goal are the worst.

Plus you lose 11 contracts.

If they keep quitting games in a short period of time just time the player out.
  • RadioShaq
    16211 posts Moderator

But most people still have some limit on playtime. If it takes something like four minutes to find a match, get through prematch screens and such, and get to them quitting out then the fact that you perhaps broken even on contracts/coins isn't really that great. Especially if they don't at least give the own goal so you win.

Yeah but the alternative is worse by making them play you will waste half hour or so.
  • heavymcd

Yeah but the alternative is worse by making them play you will waste half hour or so.

AFK detection. Already in pro clubs. This is a solvable problem if they gave half a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

They don't have to, because people make excuses like this one, even though it's been countered on this forum repeatedly just today, and dozens of times before.
  • heavymcd
    Seriously it's just a matchmaking cool down and AFK boots. Done. The only reason it's not fixed is because the people demanding better are outnumbered by those abusing it and those making excuses for them.

That's it.

So RadioShaq is part of the problem.
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    If i have the kickoff and opposition is clearly trying to relegate himself (seen by the team) i just pass it straight away to him and hope he scores an OG before quitting. Currently has worked 3/3 times during futties

Also i always send a "fair play" if they actually score the OG, encouraging them to do so also in future.