Discussion on refunds regarding chemistry issue

Comments

• Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Aussiefifa wrote: »
    I have just gone through my bank and highlighted it.
    It can be deemed as fraudulent activity, and they jumped all over it. They will take it up with EA and
    request a response to verify or deny.
    Phone call update from my bank today was positive.

I'll update if I have any luck..

It really depends on how you presented the case. I imagine you told them you paid for something and got something completely different, which isn't exactly the case. Can't imagine you bank representative has any knowledge on FUT.
  • wayneyb1980
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    I can't see them doing full refunds voluntarily either, I assumed individual cases would be looked at as individual cases, however it is looking more and more likely they plan to sweep it under the carpet.

I have had contact with EA where they authorise a full refund, for all FIFA points bought. Later in the day this was quickly labelled 'false information' and I was offered compensation in the form of packs and games instead.

What value compo were you offered in the end in packs/games?

Have you refused this, what is the current status of your complaint?
  • wayneyb1980
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    i was also promised a full refund,
    i spent hours yelling and bitching but it was all worth it at the end,

Have you received the refund yet?
  • ImADuckQuack
    57 posts Park Captain
    I was offered packs alongside a choice of games, which I politely rejected. I have recently had contact with someone in customer relations, who informed me a refund through EA, or authority to provide a refund from Microsoft will not be happening, despite being promised one from an EA advisor (conversation saved).

Can you update us on what your bank says when you hear back?
  • ImADuckQuack
    57 posts Park Captain
    i was also promised a full refund,
    i spent hours yelling and bitching but it was all worth it at the end,

Can you update us on what happened?
  • Impressive Tackle
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 2016
    We fant expect miracles, but we can't have people simply stating 'do this or else', we need to work on a solution that benefits the past, present and future.

Cool. Then don't forget the past, demand explanations and guarantees in the present, and ensure a better future.
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    He only has a proof that there's a bug/glitch in the game, all the other thing are your interpretation.

Forumer with > 9k posts comes rushing to the defence of EA. Surprise surprise.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ will always defend their pimps because they need their next fix. Congrats.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    We fant expect miracles, but we can't have people simply stating 'do this or else', we need to work on a solution that benefits the past, present and future.

Cool. Then don't forget the past, demand explanations and guarantees in the present, and ensure a better future.
    Rumplefish wrote: »
    He only has a proof that there's a bug/glitch in the game, all the other thing are your interpretation.

Forumer with > 9k posts comes rushing to the defence of EA. Surprise surprise.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ will always defend their pimps because they need their next fix. Congrats.

How am I defending EA and what does my post count have anything to do with it?
  • EA are a joke.

They made a comment regarding the update with you details at all.

They referred "their work" showing chemistry issues...

I am shocked but not really surprised.

I am finished with EA. They really are a group of awful people.

“Our work has shown that there appear to be some differences in how fitness and chemistry apply to some FUT items,” a post at the time read. “The differences appear to be the same for all FUT fans, but only applying to some FUT items, so we’re making some changes to ensure the attributes are being applied consistently across all items in the game.”

Man up EA.. you cowards.
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    Nothing short of a full refund for all the money i've spent via my psn account will be acceptable and stop me going down the legal route.
  • ImADuckQuack
    57 posts Park Captain
    Let's assume that's not happening, it clearly isn't go to, so what are our next steps re legal route? Any ideas?
  • Z
    544 posts Sunday League Hero
    racecar101 wrote: »
    Nothing short of a full refund for all the money i've spent via my psn account will be acceptable and stop me going down the legal route.

They know you won't follow through with that, that's the problem.

• ImADuckQuack
    57 posts Park Captain
    Z wrote: »
    They know you won't follow through with that, that's the problem.

Not as individuals most won't, but if we came together and all United, we could do something.
  • StewParty
    4069 posts National Call-Up
    They should just give everyone 50 squad fitness and 11 99-match contracts and we would all be happy.
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    StewParty wrote: »
    They should just give everyone 50 squad fitness and 11 99-match contracts and we would all be happy.

Not a bad shout. I mean, it's hardly ideal and comes no where near to compensating 90 percent of people, myself included, who've spent large amounts of money on the game... but it's something everyone would benefit from.

Will be lucky if we're even offered a draft token though.
  • ImADuckQuack
    57 posts Park Captain
    That would be an insult to me personally. We deserve to be reimbursed, in my eyes it's as simple as that.
  • donkeyfly
    243 posts Sunday League Hero
    That would be an insult to me personally. We deserve to be reimbursed, in my eyes it's as simple as that.

Quit crying about it, it's not going to happen

• ImADuckQuack
    57 posts Park Captain
    donkeyfly wrote: »

Quit crying about it, it's not going to happen

Valid input.
  • Boomhauer
    1057 posts Professional
    They would really want to pull the finger out, I would have had 17 pre ordered by now if they had compensation done by now, but no way in hell am I spending money on 17 without compensation, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.
  • ImADuckQuack
    57 posts Park Captain
    The sad truth is the only way we will recieve compensation is with a structured plan, probably involving legal assistance. Everyone seems to want this, but s not willing to commit, this has to change.
  • FUT_CPFC
    1181 posts Professional
    Boomhauer wrote: »
    They would really want to pull the finger out, I would have had 17 pre ordered by now if they had compensation done by now, but no way in hell am I spending money on 17 without compensation, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Agree, at this rate I won't be purchasing '17. All hinges on EA's ability to deal with this properly. And be more transparent with chemistry going forward.
    The sad truth is the only way we will recieve compensation is with a structured plan, probably involving legal assistance. Everyone seems to want this, but s not willing to commit, this has to change.

This has been attempted, petition sites set up, change.org page created. Threads tend to then resort to name calling between those that want something done and those that don't believe anything can/will be done.
  • ImADuckQuack
    57 posts Park Captain
    If all of these people were to group together and start a legal campaign, we could achieve something.
  • Boomhauer
    1057 posts Professional
    If all of these people were to group together and start a legal campaign, we could achieve something.

It's good in theory but you forget that 99% of the forum are living with mammy and daddy who bought them all the FPs and couldn't give a toss about being robbed from EA because it's not there own hard earned money.
  • ImADuckQuack
    57 posts Park Captain
    Then it's down to the rest of us, if we get enough people involved, the expense would be minimal, and we can at least try and achieve something. Failing that, I'll simply do it alone.
  • NeymarJr85
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    Id support you
  • E_clipZe
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    Boomhauer wrote: »

• SupaNoodle1990
    33666 posts National Team Captain
    Ea are a major corporation worldwide. Rightly or wrongly they will crush anyone who takes the legal route. Bankrupting you all along the way.
    Guaranteed they have a handful of the best lawyers in the world, just waiting in the wings.
  • MichaelEJD
    1271 posts Professional
    You are all making this such a bigger deal than it is. The IF's had boosted stats as promised. Chemistry was a glitch but the IF is still improved and it's probably still an improvement in the non chem style stats. They aren't going to give out £300m in compensation over a coding glitch, it just makes no sense. Limited free items like packs or a token would be appreciated as all free things are appreciated but as far as they are concerned that's a goodwill gesture.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    33666 posts National Team Captain
    Ea are a major corporation worldwide. Rightly or wrongly they will crush anyone who takes the legal route. Bankrupting you all along the way.
    Guaranteed they have a handful of the best lawyers in the world, just waiting in the wings.

Completely agree we deserve compensation. And a free gold pack ain't gonna cut it, but the legal route is not sensible from a personal perspective.
  • E_clipZe
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    MichaelEJD wrote: »
    You are all making this such a bigger deal than it is. The IF's had boosted stats as promised. Chemistry was a glitch but the IF is still improved and it's probably still an improvement in the non chem style stats. They aren't going to give out £300m in compensation over a coding glitch, it just makes no sense. Limited free items like packs or a token would be appreciated as all free things are appreciated but as far as they are concerned that's a goodwill gesture.

No, no and no. You know this chem glitch made LF ronaldo better on ST position than his ST card which is twice as expensive for example.
  • Boomhauer
    1057 posts Professional
    MichaelEJD wrote: »

The boosts didn't mean ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on the IFs, people spent hundreds or thousands trying to get an advantage that was promised but turned out most had none, I spent very little so it doesn't bother me too much, but it's the principle of the thing. EA are money hungry ❤️❤️❤️❤️ who couldn't care less about it's customers.