Finally made it to division 3

bollard80
1037 posts Professional
I'm not the best player I'm normally around division 4-5 .now to get my **** kicked lol

Comments

• dbslbu
    1822 posts Fans' Favourite
    I got there once a couple of months back. Did alright but got relegated anyways! Getting close again now! Good luck!
  • bollard80
    1037 posts Professional
    dbslbu wrote: »
    I got there once a couple of months back. Did alright but got relegated anyways! Getting close again now! Good luck!

Cheers
  • SuperSonicSean
    6044 posts Big Money Move
    Congrats. I'm normally in the same boat, but I bought a super team and somehow wound up in division 2. I'm scared to play seasons now because I'll probably get relegated (especially now that the fitness glitch is patched. I'm going to have to split my one great team into two OK ones) lol.
    I've accepted the fact that I'm not making it to D1 this year.
  • Stefiliano
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Good luck! and prepare for the sweat.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    dbslbu wrote: »

Exactly the same... been in Div 4 ever since.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    I've been to Div 3 a few times... Even held it once... :sunglasses:

Back in the familiar old Div 4 again now...
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    I was pretty surprised how many of us actually play in the "lower" divisions, but now that I have played against the really good D1 players in friendlies, I understand why it is like that.

I don't think I'm bad, but I have so much to learn to ever get in D1. I have reached D2 couple times but bounced immediately back to D3 next season.
  • NindozG
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    not arrogant but i used to be in div 4 for the first few months until i found my formation + tactics........ won div 1 over 5 times since and winning every tourny/whatever.

• stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    mHazard wrote: »
    I was pretty surprised how many of us actually play in the "lower" divisions, but now that I have played against the really good D1 players in friendlies, I understand why it is like that.

I don't think I'm bad, but I have so much to learn to ever get in D1. I have reached D2 couple times but bounced immediately back to D3 next season.

I'm with you on this one and I know I'll never learn that stuff... but I don't give a toss. I play to enjoy myself and I find too much analysis in game is not much fun. I know the "purists" (whoever they are) will complain but I just want a good game of footy. I really don't need to have to think about calling in a 5th free kick taker or my penalty taker's run up as I sip my wine and play. I like it simple.

17 is going to be a challenge for me! :D :s
  • mHazard
    stevvix wrote: »

I'm with you on this one and I know I'll never learn that stuff... but I don't give a toss. I play to enjoy myself and I find too much analysis in game is not much fun. I know the "purists" (whoever they are) will complain but I just want a good game of footy. I really don't need to have to think about calling in a 5th free kick taker or my penalty taker's run up as I sip my wine and play. I like it simple.

Haha this! I don't understand, it is so easy to defend anyway. :smiley:

I have pretty much stopped raging at replaywatchers, if they don't skip I just walk to kitchen to pour anothe glass and make them wait for me to kick off. :D
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

I have pretty much stopped raging at replaywatchers, if they don't skip I just walk to kitchen to pour anothe glass and make them wait for me to kick off. :D

Next time we play together I think we should watch all replays and pause to the max... in the name of drinking and nicotine intake :)
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    I took the Div 4 title twice in 3 seasons but only took 3 points from the season between them in Div 3.... I didn't think there was much difference in the sweat and exploits being used in divs 5, 4 or 3... They were just executed better in Div 3... That combined with bad lag led to a very frustrating and not very enjoyable season...

My aim for Fifa 17 is to have a new router and monitor and hopefully eliminate the lag.. Then maybe, I might make it to Div 1 for the first time ever!
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Barack-Obama-Clapping-in-Front-of-American-Flags.gif
    jk, I'm **** at this game
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    I took the Div 4 title twice in 3 seasons but only took 3 points from the season between them in Div 3.... I didn't think there was much difference in the sweat and exploits being used in divs 5, 4 or 3... They were just executed better in Div 3... That combined with bad lag led to a very frustrating and not very enjoyable season...

My aim for Fifa 17 is to have a new router and monitor and hopefully eliminate the lag.. Then maybe, I might make it to Div 1 for the first time ever!

I think you'd be better saving your cash and buying a different game :#
  • mHazard

Next time we play together I think we should watch all replays and pause to the max... in the name of drinking and nicotine intake :)

Yeah I am always searching my glass during throw ins instead of the replays! :)
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

Yeah I am always searching my glass during throw ins instead of the replays! :)

... not to forget the necessary wee!
  • bucs0576
    2357 posts Fans' Favourite
    Us older folks have to think fast. When I'm not there I've learned to stop. If I'm feeling good watch out. For some reason D3 is when I stop feeling good...lol.

Either way I love competing.
  • mHazard
    bucs0576 wrote: »
    Us older folks have to think fast. When I'm not there I've learned to stop. If I'm feeling good watch out. For some reason D3 is when I stop feeling good...lol.

Totally get you, I am the same. Lower divisions feel nice and comfortable but up D3, it starts to feel pretty competive and well, not so relaxed.
  • bucs0576
    I'm pretty good when the game acts right. I do have those moments when I shouldn't be playing though. Chasing like a mofo. I hate that. That's when try harder to no avail.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    edited July 2016

Totally get you, I am the same. Lower divisions feel nice and comfortable but up D3, it starts to feel pretty competive and well, not so relaxed.

Same here. Every time I've got to div 3 it's been hell. I don't mind competition but it becomes a sweat cluster F.

I think I've held Div 4 again... job well done ;)
  • bucs0576
    I just love competing. Cards, horseshoes, cornhole, bowling, pool...etc. it's fun and you never lose your edge. Maybe a step but never your edge.
  • bucs0576
    Guess we have to be smarter. I've gone down a man many times and reverted to the 41212 narrow. Totally dominated a man down but for some reason I can't make myself play that formation. Weird.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Guess we have to be smarter. I've gone down a man many times and reverted to the 41212 narrow. Totally dominated a man down but for some reason I can't make myself play that formation. Weird.

So you play better with 41212(2) with ten men rather than eleven? Heh... kinda makes sense ;)
  • bucs0576
    I think I concentrate more down a man. That's what I go to if I make a mistake on D.
  • bucs0576
    I've gone more direct with my starting formation. Every player I play is down your throat from the beginning.

Guess I should sell some players and go 41212 (2). It's really easy to short pass high pressure mofos.
  • bucs0576
    I like running down the wing with neymar and robben though. It's fun.
  • Stefiliano
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park

Eventually you'll get there, its just doing the same things faster and learning to predict your opponent.
  • bollard80
    1037 posts Professional
    edited July 2016
    Barack-Obama-Clapping-in-Front-of-American-Flags.gif
    jk, I'm **** at this game
    Lol
  • Gazza74
    1120 posts Professional
    edited July 2016
    Same as most in here....im currently W3 D2 L1 in div 4, if i don`t get promoted im not too fazed as i`d rather be happy here in div 4 than getting all the BS lag and BS pauses, like when the opponent is attacking your goal in div 3 then he pauses :( which happens regular.....seems a few people will do anything for a win.
  • mHazard
    Stefiliano wrote: »

Eventually you'll get there, its just doing the same things faster and learning to predict your opponent.

I'm not bragging but I think predicting what the opponent is going to do is one of my strengths! I have most of my troubles probably defending the dribbling runs or whatever they are called. Zig zagging etc. I probably should leave autodefense to do it's job but that is just lame imo.