Fifa 17 Gameplay..

FifaBoy2007
592 posts Sunday League Hero
edited May 2016
Please EA do not even dare unveil new features next week if the following issues haven't been addressed for Fifa 17 first!! The game needs polishing before new features are added on top of the mess!! Stop looking for gimmicks and names to promote you next game and concentrate on the core issues!!

1. Impact Engine: The collision system is still comical with players falling the wrong way to what they are tackled or doing moonsaults as if they were on the moon.

2. Auto shots, auto clearances and auto tackles have settings to turn them off.

3. Goalkeeper's rushing out are left to the user, that's why there is a button for it! (Or you add a setting like the previous post to turn them on or off).

4. Knock Ons: They used to slow the attacker down so the defender caught up to you in Fifa 12 on PS3, the exact opposite of what this feature is for. Now, you actually fixed this bug for Fifa 13 (as you made a big deal out of it in one of your preview videos for Fifa 13, and used it as a selling point for a new gameplay feature), but then for Fifa 14 on NG it was back, and still hasn't been fixed since!

5. Make the ball independent from the player!

6. Referees: I thought you fixed these? Give me a break, why am I being penalised for a perfectly timed tackle?

7. Player Switching: I suggest going back to the old system from Fifa 10 which absolutely no one ever had any problems with and didn't ask it to be changed in the first place.

8. Offsides: Jesus, is it really so hard for a top player to make an intelligent run to stay onside before getting the pass!? Didn't you once advertise curved runs!?

9. Contain: You may as well completely remove it and just let players manually defend (jockey) the attacker before making a move to tackle him, as currently if you hold contain your player "randomly" runs around in a 10 yard imaginary circle (Which lets the attacker through) and doesn't actually closely mark the attacker as the whole purpose of what this config is for.

10. Passing: Why cant you make a simple 10 yard pass to your team mate without it going to the opposition (and even if it does he takes the touch of a donkey), but you can fire a 100mph pass (passing with purpose) to a player and he makes a perfect first touch?

Also, what's the point of the power bar? I tap to pass and its too short and doesn't reach the player (even worse as they don't even come towards the ball!) and if I power up a lot, the ball balloons 20 yards away from its intended target! Also, passes going to the totally wrong player!? I find Passing Power Assistance when i play offline turned On.

11. Blind Passing: Similar to passing in general but how can players make perfect passes / clearances when they're facing 180 degrees in the complete opposite direction! The A.I can even do this! This should result in 100% error! (Again, maybe this is to do with the ball not being independent from the player?)

12. Players feet don't even walk / run on the ground properly, they're floating above the grass!?

13. Imaginary Yellow Cards: When a wall creeps forward sometimes the referee notices and shows the player a yellow card, but look closely and the card is missing!? He just holds his hand in the air! He should then also move the wall back to its original position, but he lets them stay encroached!?

14. More animations for types of passes (why cant you bend / curve a pass?) shots, goalkeeper saves (falling on to the post instead of diving through it), goalkeeper kicks goalkeeper throws etc.

15. Goal Kicks: Why can't you take driven or lofted goal kicks like you can for normal free kicks? And also, if during a goal kick i use full power it should go further than the halfway line!

16. Tackling: You advertised possession tackles? So why isn't there a button for them!? Stop making everything automatic!!

Standing Tackle: O
Possession Standing Tackle: Hold O
Slide Tackle: X
Possession Slide Tackle: Hold X

So simple!!

Also, why do the A.I. come through the back of me and take the ball away? Tackles from behind should result in free-kicks / penalties!! What makes this worse is I cant even hold up the ball.. This is supposed to be a football game right!?

I also hate how when you tackle somebody, if a free-kick isn't wrongly given, then the ball goes straight back to the player you tackled and he runs away with the ball!?

17. Shooting: I see driven shots, knuckleball shots and normal shots, but only 1 button for shoot!? Again, why is everything automatic!? Please give back the control to the user and add button configs for these different type of shots!

18. Player Runs: Why is it every time I see a player make a run I go to play a through ball to him he stops and I end up giving the ball away!? Also, tapping L1 sends my player on a run away from the ball, why not make double tapping L1 brings the player towards the ball?

19. Player Instructions: You introduced these to the game, so if I tell my CDM to stay back, then please make him stay back!!!!!

20. Game Speed: Wow, I still can't believe you haven't addressed this. I play offline on the slow game speed setting, and the game is still too fast! This is the reason I don't play online, as the normal game speed is ridiculously fast, you need to set the slow game speed setting as default! Even the cut-scenes are too fast and unrealistic, lol. Try playing PES on the -1 game speed setting, that is football, amazing!!

P.S. Do you actually play the game you make?? Fifa 17 will be the FOURTH game on PS4 and its still not even "Next-Gen" :joy::joy::joy:
Post edited by FifaBoy2007 on

Comments

• eladlad
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agreed
  • GFA#1
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Agree with it all...

Surely one of the biggest ones is stamina and high pressure / aggression too! Once you get to div 4 in seasons and start playing div 3&2 players, every game is just a game of Benny hill! Yes, that's the mentality of the users fault but should have been addressed before now after so long.

Also locking players under your control into moves you can't get out of, especially when players are pulling your Jersey or you're near the touchline and keep running it out or have a better positioned player you can't pass to.

Also, playing against a strong team like Dortmund means your players make forced mistakes everywhere and bounce of them and every move you make bounces back to their team cause of their interception stats etc.

There's so much to improve upon rather than shoelaces and nonsense like that!

Believe it or not, i don't find this game too bad either, just the same old frustrating stuff that's been there for years should have been moved past by now.
  • LaBrox
    52 posts Park Captain
    Simply dont make FIFA 17 gameplay anything like FIFA 16... FIFA 16 is terrible.
  • FifaBoy2007
    Updated the OP to add a 16th and 17th point I missed out.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    Totally agree with the shooting. I always thought why there isn't a low powerful ground shooting where you could triple tap the shoot button (X) for a low ground shot!

Because if triple tapping cross button performs a ground cross it should in the same way have an option for shooting like that. At the moment pressing shoot button always lifts the ball off the ground. Making the goals always the same.

In the FIFA 16 Demo when I played I used advanced ground passing with semi-assisted passing to mimic powerful ground shots. So I used LT+A for a powerful ground pass in order to score goals that way. This was obviously not a proper way of scoring goals using powerful ground pass, but it worked that way. :p
  • guitarhero
    68 posts Park Captain
    Most important: EA, LEARN HOW FOOTBALL IS PLAYED!!!
    Playermovement without the ball makes me sick.
    - Open players run into coverage instead of keeping the passing lane open.
    - Players run towards passers, sometimes standing 1m in front of him instead of offering a valid passing option. This is especially bad on 2-on-1s.
    - Defense in general. Getting into passing patterns, following the most dangerous attackers
    - Manual switching: OMG, it used to be ok for ages, now manual switching is like a lottery.
  • KaverHansen
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    Agree with everything.

Everything auto should be eliminated from at least online gaming. It should be pure skill and of course a bit luck.

No matter how good you are, sometimes something the ai does messes with your game
  • FifaBoy2007
    Updated the OP with an 18th point.
  • FifaBoy2007
    edited May 2016
    Updated Tackling #16 and added a 19th and 20th point.

All I have to do is play the game for 20mins to find these issues, why don't you do this too EA? :joy:

Stop looking for gimmicks and names to promote you next game and concentrate on the core issues!!
    Post edited by FifaBoy2007 on
  • Motion_NYC
    16 posts Ball Boy
    AGREED. Just eliminate the power bar all together... it doesn't accurately reflect whether I tap the ball or hold the button down for two seconds......
  • Korthan
    2407 posts Fans' Favourite
    May as well remove the through ball button from the game, its useless.
  • KaverHansen
    There once was a time when you pressed a button for a certain amount of time it went in the direction you pointed and the longer you pressed the longer the ball went. Its logic and ea felt they needed to mess it up.

Theres basically to much auto and context depending things going on. Sometimes i score because the ai helped me. Its a bland feeling
  • FifaBoy2007
    There once was a time when you pressed a button for a certain amount of time it went in the direction you pointed and the longer you pressed the longer the ball went. Its logic and ea felt they needed to mess it up.

Theres basically to much auto and context depending things going on. Sometimes i score because the ai helped me. Its a bland feeling

Absolutely agree. Waiting for someone to say play Manual... :joy:
  • KaverHansen
    What some people dont get is manual isnt right unless everybody is forced to play that way.

I think that the whole controls thing where you can mix and match whatever settings you want is wrong.

There should be only one way. Remapping of buttons is fine but when it comes to assistance, it should never been invented.
  • CFCHenri
    3457 posts National Call-Up
    Agreed with everything
  • Trux
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Agree with everything.
  • Agree with 16 ( Tackling)
  • m7amad3m
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    16. Tackling: You advertised possession tackles? So why isn't there a button for them!? Stop making everything automatic!!

Standing Tackle: O
    Possession Standing Tackle: Hold O
    Slide Tackle: X
    Possession Slide Tackle: Hold X

So simple!!

Also, why do the A.I. come through the back of me and take the ball away? Tackles from behind should result in free-kicks / penalties!! What makes this worse is I cant even hold up the ball.. This is supposed to be a football game right!?

I also hate how when you tackle somebody, if a free-kick isn't wrongly given, then the ball goes straight back to the player you tackled and he runs away with the ball!?

• Patd95y
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2016
    I'm sure FIFA17 will have some fancy new boots, player faces & stadiums...err & of course the usual huge sticky plaster over the gameplay aspect (which quickly becomes unstuck & requires 5 patches - which actually makes it worse)
  • DieegoxD
    14 posts Ball Boy
    Wow!! perfect my friend!!! EA forums needs more users like you!!! ... More threads like this..

EA need a better gameplay, new gameplay.. fifa 16 is "only good", is too fast, needs "player ID", etc..

Please EA!! Is 2016! PS4/XboxOne/PC is a new generation !

We want a Real football simulator!!!

PS: and sorry for my very bad english, I speak spanish: " Queremos un futbol sudamericano mas cercano a la realidad!, queremos un gran producto, tomen en cuenta nuestras sugerencias por favor! "
  • smnox
    99 posts Park Captain
    Agreed with everything
  • Robocat
    581 posts Sunday League Hero
    agree with everything
  • Italo008
    35 posts Park Captain
    Agree. I think that long shot have Be fixed. In all Eurocup have 7 long shot goals But in Fifa have 2 every match. It's bizarre
  • Italo008
    35 posts Park Captain
    In Fifa 16 all players are long shoters. Defenders, sido defenders, seens like Lampard and Gerrard With bizarro shots and goals. This have To change
  • Gromit
    3630 posts National Call-Up
    Missing one important MUST for me.

The toning down of fake shot and similar cheap skills, and even more so the removal of the ability to apply them before receiving player gets the ball. The fact you can ping a 40yd pass then quickly tap 2 buttons and then the receiver automatically applies the move the second he receives it is total bullsh!t.

It's beyond unfair on the defending player, it's especially bad on those fast low crosses, the defender has almost ZERO chance of defending it because the skill applies instantly and in any direction.

For me the OP dribbling coupled with the cheap skills like step overs, fake shots etc and the ineffectiveness of tackling and defender positioning have made the last 2 games a total piece of ****.
  • Patd95y
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Complete agreement with the above
  • Gunin
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dito for me. If fifa 17 sucks like 15 and 16 i will be gone forever from EA Fifa games. you better get it right EA the future of your game literally depends on it.
  • rsclaret
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    if you want to enjoy fifa 14/15 and 16 on the harder difficulties theres one solution. move line length to 75 for user and cpu.
  • Robocat
    581 posts Sunday League Hero
    rsclaret wrote: »
    if you want to enjoy fifa 14/15 and 16 on the harder difficulties theres one solution. move line length to 75 for user and cpu.

unfortunately sliders do not affect FUT
  • rsclaret
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    I know, we can only enjoy this offline, but if Fifa 17 at default level was more like this......