Head or heart?

1
stevvix
8968 posts League Winner
edited July 2016
I've seen a lot of love for CiMOTM Torres recently and he doesn't really seem better than UP Kun but is loads more expensive. How do you pick your FUT players?

Head or heart? 70 votes

Head: I get the best player for the position
24%
ukler8Orikorugrogans_heroesIshibumBenteke786hayhor1Baznotsobad76 Sandell85smeggybowlerstevvixBuckeyes2353AdvaitAndybelfastraz5229Izzy2K17helloitsmeAntoineFR 17 votes
Heart: I love XYZ IRL so will play with him anyway
21%
The longest yardRumplefishBlitzersNLi2-TempZ-2iWhiskerBiscuitCFCsjmishraBob_DylanWarrenLouXCNindozGC.A.FIFAIbte10Vinz_kingzJoeTootellGazza74 15 votes
Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
54%
Ravz9zl GshockOrange PrinceDec_BurBrieMineJoebgp1845mHazardmaTTeOs_mAZzA IxToMxIJohnDoeMiIanFgermana98serrer7Hagman10SuperSonicSeanXx_iou_cheesecake_xXMaikZStefilianoiyad69100 38 votes

Comments

  • AntoineFR
    1299 posts Professional
    Head: I get the best player for the position
    imo the cimotm doesnt worth the coins. the only upgrade they did is like +20 pace and other stats are +1

    get the best player you can
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Heart: I love XYZ IRL so will play with him anyway
    Heart to keep the game interesting
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Head: I get the best player for the position
    Well... I'm an LFC fan and I think I may have dabbled with Studge early on but can't bring myself to do it. Heartbreak IRL and in FUT may be too much to bear ;)
  • raz5229
    1094 posts Professional
    Head: I get the best player for the position
    Not that it seems to make a difference lol
  • Ishibum
    12669 posts Has That Special Something
    Head: I get the best player for the position
    I would never have bothered with the likes of Slimani or Gignac if I just went with players I liked. I think going for the nostalgia isn't bad or that, but it can close yourself off to possibly more enjoyable gameplay experiences
  • JPRM71
    2387 posts Fans' Favourite
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    I try as many players as I can, some are best fit and some I make it happen for the love of the player IRL
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    Head: I get the best player for the position
    I've tried players I'm kinda Fond of irl but I'm not sentimental.. If they don't work they're out... But if I try a player and seem to do really well with that player I will try to hang on to him...

    That's why I've mainly used Serie A this year, because I've built up a great relationship with Dybala... :love:
  • BlitzersNL
    24466 posts Club Captain
    Heart: I love XYZ IRL so will play with him anyway
    Heart to keep the game interesting

  • CFCsjmishra
    8935 posts League Winner
    Heart: I love XYZ IRL so will play with him anyway
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    Heart to keep the game interesting

  • Joe
    4585 posts National Call-Up
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    Both. I like to use my fav players irl, but I also like to use players purely because they are good at the game
  • NindozG
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    Heart: I love XYZ IRL so will play with him anyway
    nothing more fun then using my fav players in the game.


    And also i think most of your favourite players are pretty good as well so its not a bad thing
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Head: I get the best player for the position
    NindozG wrote: »
    nothing more fun then using my fav players in the game.


    And also i think most of your favourite players are pretty good as well so its not a bad thing

    Alas...

    HBkZneQ.png

    He signed my son's and my copy of 16 in Southend Tesco... legend... but [email protected] on FUT :s
  • IxToMxI
    5922 posts Big Money Move
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    If you don't play with some of your favourite players then it's pretty sad (unless you can't afford them) as it means your playing with a team with no love for it just to win FIFA.

    All IMO
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Head: I get the best player for the position
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    If you don't play with some of your favourite players then it's pretty sad (unless you can't afford them) as it means your playing with a team with no love for it just to win FIFA.

    All IMO

    Whoa!!! No, no, no! I hate CR7 irl (but also appreciate he's bloody brilliant) but that won't stop me having him a FUT team and loving him there.

    My FUT team is something different from my irl preferences and I love them purely for FUT... real life footy has nothing to do with fut, but that's just me, but these matters are what this thread is about :)
  • zl Gshock
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    A bit of both but I'll try use my favourite players where I can, they'll usually be the idea for a team in the first place ;)
    Just depends what I'm going for really.
  • SuperSonicSean
    6042 posts Big Money Move
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    I'm a MLS fan IRL so I always make MLS teams in the game despite the fact that stats-wise they're not the best cards to use.
    That said I use all the highest rated cards from that league.
  • Deslash
    1318 posts Play-Off Hero
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    I played all this fifa with most belgian players.. Just because of the heart.. Now I sold em up for auba and mkhi because my heart is at Dortmund too.. And was my best decision, had to put som other best players for the spot that I maybe don't love But it brought me a d1 win :) maybe I go back to my belgian players now.. But always a head and heart otherwise there is almost no fun and balance in the team
  • IxToMxI
    5922 posts Big Money Move
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    stevvix wrote: »
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    If you don't play with some of your favourite players then it's pretty sad (unless you can't afford them) as it means your playing with a team with no love for it just to win FIFA.

    All IMO

    Whoa!!! No, no, no! I hate CR7 irl (but also appreciate he's bloody brilliant) but that won't stop me having him a FUT team and loving him there.

    My FUT team is something different from my irl preferences and I love them purely for FUT... real life footy has nothing to do with fut, but that's just me, but these matters are what this thread is about :)

    Haha I did say some!

    It's good to have some players to make the team tick as to speak but some of my players in my team are my fav irl
  • Stefiliano
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    A little bit of both, I have Tots Griez & Toty Marcelo, but play with nif Kono because he's insane for me.
  • IxToMxI
    5922 posts Big Money Move
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    @stevvix fancy a game?
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Head: I get the best player for the position
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    stevvix wrote: »
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    If you don't play with some of your favourite players then it's pretty sad (unless you can't afford them) as it means your playing with a team with no love for it just to win FIFA.

    All IMO

    Whoa!!! No, no, no! I hate CR7 irl (but also appreciate he's bloody brilliant) but that won't stop me having him a FUT team and loving him there.

    My FUT team is something different from my irl preferences and I love them purely for FUT... real life footy has nothing to do with fut, but that's just me, but these matters are what this thread is about :)

    Haha I did say some!

    It's good to have some players to make the team tick as to speak but some of my players in my team are my fav irl

    Heh... yes, I totally understand that. How do I work Southend players into my team? :s
  • IxToMxI
    5922 posts Big Money Move
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    stevvix wrote: »
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    stevvix wrote: »
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    If you don't play with some of your favourite players then it's pretty sad (unless you can't afford them) as it means your playing with a team with no love for it just to win FIFA.

    All IMO

    Whoa!!! No, no, no! I hate CR7 irl (but also appreciate he's bloody brilliant) but that won't stop me having him a FUT team and loving him there.

    My FUT team is something different from my irl preferences and I love them purely for FUT... real life footy has nothing to do with fut, but that's just me, but these matters are what this thread is about :)

    Haha I did say some!

    It's good to have some players to make the team tick as to speak but some of my players in my team are my fav irl

    Heh... yes, I totally understand that. How do I work Southend players into my team? :s

    Let's be honest they can't be your favourite players!

    My team is Coventry city none of them are my favourite players lol
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    Always got to have a team good enough to compete but at the same time I'll want a couple players that I enjoy using in game and enjoy watching in real life.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Head: I get the best player for the position
    I'm going to have to say 'head' since my team contains several players that I don't think I have ever even seen play in real life. (I grow to love their UT cards over time though and then find them hard to replace or move on from...)
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Head: I get the best player for the position
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    If you don't play with some of your favourite players then it's pretty sad (unless you can't afford them) as it means your playing with a team with no love for it just to win FIFA.

    All IMO

    I disagree with this. What makes a player good in real life is not always the same as what makes a player fun to use in Fifa. For example, if say your favourite defender in real life is Robert Huth because of no-nonsense approach, that doesn't really translate well to Fifa because his pace would make him an absolute chore to use.

    And on the reverse of that, a lot of players have special cards that realistically speaking are far better than they've ever been in real life. :lol:
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Heart: I love XYZ IRL so will play with him anyway
    Heart to keep the game interesting

  • Xx_iou_cheesecake_xX
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    Build good teams around my favourite players, good or bad.
  • grogans_heroes
    1582 posts Play-Off Hero
    Head: I get the best player for the position
    I'm just glad @stevvix now has the power to create polls. Should make for some interesting ones when you're on a bender.....
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Head and heart: I want the best team but I have to have XYZ just because... I love him deeply.
    Would love to play with Hazard though but can't afford him.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Heart: I love XYZ IRL so will play with him anyway
    Orikoru wrote: »
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    If you don't play with some of your favourite players then it's pretty sad (unless you can't afford them) as it means your playing with a team with no love for it just to win FIFA.

    All IMO

    I disagree with this. What makes a player good in real life is not always the same as what makes a player fun to use in Fifa. For example, if say your favourite defender in real life is Robert Huth because of no-nonsense approach, that doesn't really translate well to Fifa because his pace would make him an absolute chore to use.

    And on the reverse of that, a lot of players have special cards that realistically speaking are far better than they've ever been in real life. :lol:

    But you don't have to play with every player you like IRL, even just one in the team is alright, so while Huth doesn't make the cut, there are surely others that will. It doesn't have to be your favorite player, just someone you have some sort of feelings towards.

    It obviously doesn't apply to everyone, a lot of people just treat this game as another video game, and just try to form a great team, but for others this game is a way of somewhat connecting with the football they like IRL, usually by using players they love, or not using players they hate.
Sign In or Register to comment.