PS4 Controllers and FIFA

Mdionne415
1146 posts Professional
PS4 Controllers and FIFA

We played two years, two different FIFa’s, on the PS3 changing controllers once, and one of them was still usable. Controllers for the PS4 are only lasting 3-6 months. As of yesterday we’ve spent more on controllers than the console itself. Is anyone else having this problem.

Comments

• AntoineFR
    1299 posts Professional
    im using the same controller for 2 years.
  • NindozG
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    AntoineFR wrote: »

• DadTbx
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special

• TurdFerguson
    2593 posts Fans' Favourite
    I go through a lot of controllers, but mainly because I shatter one a month against a wall in rage :(
  • zl Gshock
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 2016
    Had one for about 7 months, absolutely fine. Xbox controllers break every couple of months.
  • Tripledoubleyoo
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    My R2 trigger dies on me about every two months.

I got extended warranty with playstation and I have returned at least 10 controllers so far.
  • wayneyb1980
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've had 2 controllers where the left analogue stick rubber has split.

Tried the little covers you can get for them but dont like them.

On the plus side I now have one of the blue/grey ones they released alongside Uncharted 4 which looks cool
  • zl Gshock
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 2016
    My R2 trigger dies on me about every two months.

I got extended warranty with playstation and I have returned at least 10 controllers so far.

See I've had no problems with this; whereas it happened regularly using an xbox controller.
  • eRbz26
    1035 posts Professional
    Does anyone else accidently press circle and end up wasting crucial counters and easy goals...
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

• HouseLannister
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pro tip: buy a PS4 controller from Target. Return it with your old used one in the box. They never question any returns. Repeat this cycle every time your controller wears out.
  • Sykesy
    4458 posts National Call-Up
    Controllers only last one bounce where as Xbox take 3 atleast...
  • axan
    695 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 2016
    Same here... I mean I don't need to change it but the skin of analogs and r2-l2 buttons are worse than ever. They break down far too easily comparing to the older ones. The skin has torned apart and my r2 doesn't work properly until nearly the half way.
  • iyad69100
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero
    My 11 yo PS2 controllers are still 100% working :smiley:
    My PS4 controllers as well
  • I go through a lot of controllers, but mainly because I shatter one a month against a wall in rage :(

I know how this feels
  • pob125
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    I bout ps42years ago.still on same controller...no probs

• ukler8
    4763 posts National Call-Up

• Fozberry
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 2016
    Ive only ever had one broken control, ps3 one after about 6 year (r2 button went extra sensitive). Ps4 ones have been fine for 2 yrs so far. My 3 n half yr olds used one for 6 months, that ones still fine except the top of the left joystick has a very small section that peeled (1mm).
  • Clint Eastwood
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    Pro tip: buy a PS4 controller from Target. Return it with your old used one in the box. They never question any returns. Repeat this cycle every time your controller wears out.
    That's not a pro tip. That's a criminal act.
  • Bob_Dylan
    20890 posts Club Captain

• Advait
    14717 posts World Class

That's just a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ move
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    edited July 2016
    I have had my 2 controllers since ps4 got released, with that said I have 2 issues. 1: Sometimes the buttons get stuck and it takes a few seconds for them to unclick. 2: Sometimes if I am using it while it is charging it will turn off (the controller) and will not turn back on until I unplug it. These issues also happen w/ my friend and so I was wondering if any of you guys have had an issue like this. Also HouseLannister that is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ move, like @Advait said
  • pob125
    I paid £68 for a new car battery a few years back with a 2year warranty.a year and half into its life I purposely left the lights on all night and following morning returned the car to garage to get my free battery under warranty. ...❤️❤️❤️❤️ move?..no common sense to save another £68.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    edited July 2016
    pob125 wrote: »
    I paid £68 for a new car battery a few years back with a 2year warranty.a year and half into its life I purposely left the lights on all night and following morning returned the car to garage to get my free battery under warranty. ...❤️❤️❤️❤️ move?..no common sense to save another £68.

What he is saying is that he buys a new one and returns the old one, thus getting a newer one for free. That doesn't seem right to me. Target will now sell that returned controller to someone else and they will get a used controller
  • pob125
    Fair point.on topic ive had my controller 2 years and the square button started sticking, I sprayed electrical cleaner over it and was fine.my analogue rubbers havnt even started wearing yet.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9646 posts League Winner
    Fair point.on topic ive had my controller 2 years and the square button started sticking, I sprayed electrical cleaner over it and was fine.my analogue rubbers havnt even started wearing yet.

on both my controllers the rubber has weared off :/
  • pob125
    I dont understand how people are getting through controllers so quick, either misuse or maybe a faulty batch idk.
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2016
    Rubber came of 2 controllers its probably caused by sweat lol.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    I dont understand how people are getting through controllers so quick, either misuse or maybe a faulty batch idk.

I get through one every 6 months or so. I think it's because I usually play in a state of mild panic and assume my player will move where I want him too quicker if I push the stick as hard as I can. When I consciously try to be gentle with the controller I just can't play. My son laughs at my controller abuse :D
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero