EA needs to tell us everything about how the game works.

JayyThunder
5354 posts Big Money Move
Since there's SOO many different aspects in Fifa we as a consumer deserve to know everything that goes on in-game. And it's not even glitch related, but chemistry is a VERY vital piece of the game, we should know how it works, we shouldn't have to do tests and experiments to see what base chem is, how team chem affects a player and how much does a player gain or lose depending on the chemistry. We deserve to know if the "unmentionables" are in the game and if the "m" word is in the game how can we counter it? Or how does bronze benching affect your team

There's too much mystery in this game and it's really unnerving to know considering the recent events that's just popped up.

Comments

• IvBican182
    585 posts Semi-Pro
    I don't know .. comparing fifa to other multiplayer games , I find it pretty s****y now .. players can't even be sure what works and what not .. what a mess
  • JayyThunder
    IvBican182 wrote: »
    I don't know .. comparing fifa to other multiplayer games , I find it pretty s****y now .. players can't even be sure what works and what not .. what a mess

I mean...if you look at ANY multiplayer fighting game, they show you everything about every character, frame rate, damage, everything. There is no guess work you know?

• heavymcd
    10073 posts Has That Special Something
    You mean actually document be mechanics of a game so players can understand how to optimize strategy and make rational decisions on spending?

Ludicrous!
  • Xaviesta
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    IvBican182 wrote: »

I mean...if you look at ANY multiplayer fighting game, they show you everything about every character, frame rate, damage, everything. There is no guess work you know?

very true.I believe it was Fut 11 or 12 where you could actually see the in game boosts to players on the pause menu. now all of it is hidden, intentionally ofc. Mt question is why? what are they trying to hide? it's not like it interfered with anything
  • Wooly1203
    3440 posts National Call-Up
    heavymcd wrote: »
    You mean actually document be mechanics of a game so players can understand how to optimize strategy and make rational decisions on spending?

Ludicrous!

• Xaviesta
    I have said this for years, FUT 09 was the best. sure you could train everyone to 99 but you were under no illusions. what you saw was what you got.
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    edited June 2016
    I've been calling for this for years now. The FIFA community has been way too lenient and easy on the FUT devs.

If this were an MMORPG with a cash shop (basically what FUT has become), the devs would have been lynched by now if the player base didn't specifically know the formulas for how the entire game works.

It's crazy to think people were so willing to blindly throw money at EA when some basics of chemistry were never even explained. 3 chevrons? Really? How about you tell me exactly what the hell a chevron does?
  • Dutchcaliber
    2788 posts Fans' Favourite
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »
    I've been calling for this for years now. The FIFA community has been way too lenient and easy on the FUT devs.

If this were an MMORPG with a cash shop (basically what FUT has become), the devs would have been lynched by now if the player base didn't specifically know the formulas for how the entire game works.

It's crazy to think people were so willing to blindly throw money at EA when some basics of chemistry were never even explained. 3 chevrons? Really? How about you tell me exactly what the hell a chevron does?

This. And i think it is time that the in game stats on the pause screen are the real time stats of the actual player. Completely with chemistry. This way there will never be any possible discussion.
  • eltoro
    1759 posts Play-Off Hero
    Agreed
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    I agree that they should, but be prepared for a lot of it to boil down to things like ai algorithms and stuff. Fighting games have the benefit of being extremely simple (relative to something like fifa), there are only two things in play at any given time (the two users) and absolutely nothing happens unless there is input from the users. Even with input from the users there is nothing extra that needs to take place but the outcome of those simple inputs. With fifa if you decide to take a single step forward with the ball you've caused a what I would think to be a minimum of 23 different actions. The movement of your player, the ball, 10 ai controlled teammates, 10 ai controlled opponents, and the ref.
  • heavymcd

I already know more about the specific mechanics of Hearts of Iron 4 or Overwatch than I do 9 months into FIFA 16. Which, really, was largely unchanged from 15. That's ridiculous.

But bet you any amount of money that FIFA 17 still has the Chevrons of Mystery. And most here still buy it, and FP, regardless.
  • Xaviesta
    heavymcd wrote: »

I already know more about the specific mechanics of Hearts of Iron 4 or Overwatch than I do 9 months into FIFA 16. Which, really, was largely unchanged from 15. That's ridiculous.

But bet you any amount of money that FIFA 17 still has the Chevrons of Mystery. And most here still buy it, and FP, regardless.

sadly yes I probably will buy 17 but definately not right away. it depends on what happens between now and then. The issue we have ( and EA know this ) is there is no real competition for a football game. PeS is ok but some games can be upwards of 10-0 because the gks are just straight up dreadful lol.
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
  • JayyThunder

Absolutely, I agree

• Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    Agreed
  • nickmack
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Completely agree with what's already posted to make it much clearer how any modifiers affect the players/game.

I guess the danger for EA is we 1) Find more glitches 2) Work out spending real money on the game yields no/little benefit and damage their cash cow
  • BrazilianGuy
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special

This. And i think it is time that the in game stats on the pause screen are the real time stats of the actual player. Completely with chemistry. This way there will never be any possible discussion.

That's it.
  • heavymcd
    I'll just note, again, that the only reason this glitch could ever exist was because of the secrecy. Tell the player base how the game actually works, and they'll tell you quite quickly if something is not working as intended. But when it's all a secret, how can you know?

As we saw, the second the theory was shot out to a large audience, it took all of a day for it to be confirmed. That's the power of telling your customer how the game they paid for actually 🎃🎃🎃🎃 works.

Take a note, EA. And pass that nugget of wisdom along to the decision-makers, @Rob.
  • speedyfeint
    67 posts Park Captain
    EA should be way more transparent instead of always trying to be shady and hide something,
    things like this is one of the many reasons why they were voted the worst company in the world... and they complain about that? gtfo
  • InGameStatsFreak
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dont forget about the TRAITS and SPECILITIES players have .... they better explain some of that waht it does ingame.

There are only a few players clinical finisher speciality for excample when the game came out.

This whole glitch in the video was proven with a 86 driblle stat , i researched the ea database and pressed the DRIBBLER speciality and no player has underneath 86 dribble , but there are so many more specialties and traits.
  • ContraCode64
    3687 posts National Call-Up
    Posted this in the other thread, but I feel the least EA owe us after this is a full explanation as to how chemistry works (or is at least supposed to work) and what the exact in-game effects are. Until they do that, I can only conclude they're withholding this information because it's concealing other mechanics or adjustments that are taking place in-game which could otherwise be picked up on and tested.

Why hide something that is one of the fundamental parts of this game mode? What other games feature a stat-based mode that has a levelling/boosting/upgrading mechanic that conceals how much it actually alters the stats in question?
  • JayyThunder
    Posted this in the other thread, but I feel the least EA owe us after this is a full explanation as to how chemistry works (or is at least supposed to work) and what the exact in-game effects are. Until they do that, I can only conclude they're withholding this information because it's concealing other mechanics or adjustments that are taking place in-game which could otherwise be picked up on and tested.

Why hide something that is one of the fundamental parts of this game mode? What other games feature a stat-based mode that has a levelling/boosting/upgrading mechanic that conceals how much it actually alters the stats in question?

Exactly, it makes no sense to me

• bberger
    7836 posts League Winner
    edited June 2016

Agreed.

Also agree on pretty mich anything thats being said in this thread.

We actually don't need to know it down to the algorithms, but the amount of secrecy is just a joke with this company.

At least they need to document the CORE features of the game such as how chemistry works.

I'm in the same boat as many with 17. As long as they at least address those missing informations I'm not going to buy. Already is the first FIFA in almost a decade that I didn't preorder, may as well be the end of it for me if nothing changes again.

Wouldn't care if the bugs carry over to 17 if they address those issues, but I sadly don't see that happen..

Hopefully at least anything positive will come out of #chemgate ... would go as low as to be happy with them explaining the game and chem mechanics in detail...
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nobody would disagree with this sentiment. Take the example of another game, Tom Clancy's The Division. On this game there is a separate menu which shows you exactly your characters stats so you can see how they have been influenced by your loadout and perks. Many people will find it complicated or may not care but that's why it is hidden away on a side menu. The point is that it is there.

Every week the dev's look at the game and see what tactics that are overused by the community and those that nobody is using (in other words, overpowered and underpowered) and feed this into their patches. They also release detailed patch notes that explain every change, even small ones. Imagine EA doing that?

Ultimately, the [lack of] transparency around FIFA generates conspiracy. That isn't good for anybody.
  • eltoro
    1759 posts Play-Off Hero
    Liam W wrote: »
    Nobody would disagree with this sentiment. Take the example of another game, Tom Clancy's The Division. On this game there is a separate menu which shows you exactly your characters stats so you can see how they have been influenced by your loadout and perks. Many people will find it complicated or may not care but that's why it is hidden away on a side menu. The point is that it is there.

Every week the dev's look at the game and see what tactics that are overused by the community and those that nobody is using (in other words, overpowered and underpowered) and feed this into their patches. They also release detailed patch notes that explain every change, even small ones. Imagine EA doing that?

Ultimately, the [lack of] transparency around FIFA generates conspiracy. That isn't good for anybody.

well said mate
  • JayBomb
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    They should remove chemistry completely. A terrible addition.
  • JayyThunder

This x100
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    Asked some producers at Gamescom last year why they wouldn't tell us those things.
    Their stance is, that FUT & teambuilding should not be science, they rather want the players to try things out and explore themselves by playing...

That's what they told us anyways
  • Wooly1203
    3440 posts National Call-Up

They do the same thing with Elder Scrolls online. All stats are shown and you can see exactly how abilities and equipment change those stats. All patches are explained in detail and if people start abusing a certain skill, it gets adjusted to provide a fair playing field. Transparency is a good thing IMO.
  • bberger
    7836 posts League Winner
    Yeah.. They are just too incompetent to know themselves.. what a lazy statement from them..