Chemistry Bug/EALaziness Thread

Comments

  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    jpflathead wrote: »
    I have the day off Thursday and I'll start on getting a refund from EA for the games I purchased in the last 4 years. I'll have to check how many FIFA points I bought over the past four years but it can't have been more than 50 euros.

    Damn JP going in....but still mate I dont think they could refund you yet no?
  • i-zez7
    17 posts Ball Boy
    jpflathead wrote: »
    really good question, there was no Wolfsburg card on the game, so maybe its first day.

    The id of the Manchester KdB card is 50524633.
    All the day-one cards have ids below 1 million.

    there is a wolfsburg kdb, bateson has him
  • On3PoundFish
    7892 posts League Winner
    Just saw this


    Thanks to the FUT community for raising awareness of a potential fitness and chemistry inconsistency in some FUT items. After hearing this, our teams were in over the weekend and continue to thoroughly investigate the information. We will keep you informed with updates from the investigation.

    Our commitment to a fun, fair and secure experience in FIFA is ongoing, and as a community your feedback helps us achieve that goal. A special thanks for your continuous efforts across all channels.
  • bberger
    5174 posts Big Money Move
    Just saw this


    Thanks to the FUT community for raising awareness of a potential fitness and chemistry inconsistency in some FUT items. After hearing this, our teams were in over the weekend and continue to thoroughly investigate the information. We will keep you informed with updates from the investigation.

    Our commitment to a fun, fair and secure experience in FIFA is ongoing, and as a community your feedback helps us achieve that goal. A special thanks for your continuous efforts across all channels.

    ..where? Source?

    Still can see them posting 'nah, it's all good'..
  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    bberger wrote: »
    Just saw this


    Thanks to the FUT community for raising awareness of a potential fitness and chemistry inconsistency in some FUT items. After hearing this, our teams were in over the weekend and continue to thoroughly investigate the information. We will keep you informed with updates from the investigation.

    Our commitment to a fun, fair and secure experience in FIFA is ongoing, and as a community your feedback helps us achieve that goal. A special thanks for your continuous efforts across all channels.

    ..where? Source?

    Still can see them posting 'nah, it's all good'..

    1st thread on the forums bud
  • On3PoundFish
    7892 posts League Winner
    bberger wrote: »
    Just saw this


    Thanks to the FUT community for raising awareness of a potential fitness and chemistry inconsistency in some FUT items. After hearing this, our teams were in over the weekend and continue to thoroughly investigate the information. We will keep you informed with updates from the investigation.

    Our commitment to a fun, fair and secure experience in FIFA is ongoing, and as a community your feedback helps us achieve that goal. A special thanks for your continuous efforts across all channels.

    ..where? Source?

    Still can see them posting 'nah, it's all good'..

    First post in GD
  • Masakari
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2016
    Lol nice try by EA.

    Multi-year "bugs" like this aren't multi year by ignorance. They either already knew about it but did nothing to fix it, or it's not really a bug and it's intentional.

    Hey, there's a third option, they are ridiculously incompetent. But that is so shockingly awful I don't even want to consider it.
  • jpflathead
    86 posts Park Captain
    Kurt wrote: »
    jpflathead wrote: »
    I have the day off Thursday and I'll start on getting a refund from EA for the games I purchased in the last 4 years. I'll have to check how many FIFA points I bought over the past four years but it can't have been more than 50 euros.

    Damn JP going in....but still mate I dont think they could refund you yet no?

    Why not? I only buy FIFA for Ultimate Team. The software EA sold me is fundamentally flawed and has been for years. They paid no heed to the warnings that something was amiss. I'll return the faulty product for a refund.
  • Zambo9
    5207 posts Big Money Move
    Lol what if now they fix it and magically all those good looking card start to perform how they are supposed to
  • jpflathead
    86 posts Park Captain
    Masakari wrote: »
    Lol nice try by EA.

    Multi-year "bugs" like this aren't multi year by ignorance. They either already knew about it but did nothing to fix it, or it's not really a bug and it's intentional.

    Hey, there's a third option, they are ridiculously incompetent. But that is so shockingly awful I don't even want to consider it.

    The third option is actually the most likely one. Unfortunately EA combined this with putting their fingers in their ears and chanting LALALALA every time somebody pointed out to them that there was a bug.
  • wijnaldum16
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    jpflathead wrote: »
    Kurt wrote: »
    jpflathead wrote: »
    I have the day off Thursday and I'll start on getting a refund from EA for the games I purchased in the last 4 years. I'll have to check how many FIFA points I bought over the past four years but it can't have been more than 50 euros.

    Damn JP going in....but still mate I dont think they could refund you yet no?

    Why not? I only buy FIFA for Ultimate Team. The software EA sold me is fundamentally flawed and has been for years. They paid no heed to the warnings that something was amiss. I'll return the faulty product for a refund.

    I'm going for a £375 refund today. Wouldn't go through EA though, do it via Sony/Microsoft
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Well we know how to test the theory now so if they do come out with a patch for it it won't take the community long to test if they actually fixed it or not.
  • Xaviesta
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    Knowing them from past experience they'll just break the day one cards rather than fix the broken ones.
  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    jpflathead wrote: »
    Masakari wrote: »
    Lol nice try by EA.

    Multi-year "bugs" like this aren't multi year by ignorance. They either already knew about it but did nothing to fix it, or it's not really a bug and it's intentional.

    Hey, there's a third option, they are ridiculously incompetent. But that is so shockingly awful I don't even want to consider it.

    The third option is actually the most likely one. Unfortunately EA combined this with putting their fingers in their ears and chanting LALALALA every time somebody pointed out to them that there was a bug.

    It really just comes down to this, those that have been on the forum since 10/11 know how many times this was brought up and then one fine day they decided to open a thread and tell us to ask any questions we had regarding handicap/momentum/chemistry. I managed to get my question is which ironically was: Why does 83 Miccoli play better then 84 Miccoli ( cant remember the exact ratings) .

    So then a month went by and no answer, 2 went by and still no answer and on the 3rd they shut the thread down and said anyone who talks about handicap will be banned ( the same rule that still stands to this day) . Never felt so disgusted until now of course.
  • KEESH123
    51 posts Park Captain
    jpflathead wrote: »
    Kurt wrote: »
    jpflathead wrote: »
    I have the day off Thursday and I'll start on getting a refund from EA for the games I purchased in the last 4 years. I'll have to check how many FIFA points I bought over the past four years but it can't have been more than 50 euros.

    Damn JP going in....but still mate I dont think they could refund you yet no?

    Why not? I only buy FIFA for Ultimate Team. The software EA sold me is fundamentally flawed and has been for years. They paid no heed to the warnings that something was amiss. I'll return the faulty product for a refund.

    I'm going for a £375 refund today. Wouldn't go through EA though, do it via Sony/Microsoft

    Report back how it goes pal!
  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    Xaviesta wrote: »
    Knowing them from past experience they'll just break the day one cards rather than fix the broken ones.

    :D
  • Masakari
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2016
    jpflathead wrote: »
    Masakari wrote: »
    Lol nice try by EA.

    Multi-year "bugs" like this aren't multi year by ignorance. They either already knew about it but did nothing to fix it, or it's not really a bug and it's intentional.

    Hey, there's a third option, they are ridiculously incompetent. But that is so shockingly awful I don't even want to consider it.

    The third option is actually the most likely one. Unfortunately EA combined this with putting their fingers in their ears and chanting LALALALA every time somebody pointed out to them that there was a bug.

    @jpflathead Here's why I don't believe that:

    First, because they know how all the hidden stuff works. Surely they would have noticed this crap in testing as they have the logs being dumped from the engine with exact numerical values whenever they are generated.

    Secondly, because it's a multi year bug. With people complaining for years about something "wrong" with the game, it's incomprehensible that they wouldn't catch something like this before.

    Third, because it feeds into the FUT addiction loop. Think about it. EA wants people to spend money opening packs to get those special cards, but if you get that crazy "near unbeatable" team you're not gonna spend any more money.

    We've all complained that stat increases on IF cards should be higher than the usual +2 they give a few stats, as it's not really noticeable. But that's with the 4 chem we now know. If special cards (be they IFs, MOTMs, TOTS, etc) are soooooo much better than normal cards that the "average" player has, the average player is screwed.

    We also all know that contrary to what usually happens in most video games (ie most of the time the best player wins), in FUT the game is manipulated so that many times the best player doesn't win, either because of those "unnamed" shifts in-game, or a forcefield GK, 1 shot 1 goal syndrome, or our super high rated team being crap (4 chem everyone...). This even goes back to the theories in 13 and 14 that more than 3 IFs on a team would make a team play much worse.

    So EA looks at this, even if unintentional, and sees it feeds perfectly into their psychological addiction loop - "I have TOTY Neymar, but he's still crap, I need to keep buying more players / packs, there has to be a perfect solution" etc rinse and repeat.

    Fourth, this latest update from @Rob acts as if the fitness glitch is also recent, when it's been going on for months. EA are only now acting on it because a much worse "glitch" was discovered. Making me think they knew about the fitness glitch all along and decided to ignore it.

    Bottom line, we can't be sure it's intentional or not, but I definitely do not believe EA didn't know about this.
  • UTG
    2412 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well, this is quite something. :D

    It seems people have finally found a way to prove the chemistry system on which team building is based in this mode is fundamentally flawed (and has been for years).

    Not only that, but – coincidentally or not – the flaws look to very much favour the incremental decrease in performance of teams as users put more money or time into the game to ‘improve’ their squads (and so encouraging renewed/larger purchasing cycles).

    Intriguing! :joy:

    Any attempt you may make to recoup losses/money pumped into the game this time around will almost certainly be lost in the vagaries of the product description(s) I would imagine.

    However, to whatever degree you love this mode, either on paper or in practice, what you can do is make a considered choice when 17 arrives.

    By all means buy 17 if you feel it’s the best/only football game on the market for you; but think twice – make a conscious decision – before supporting this greedy, bloated mode and the deceptive packs, points, and promotions pumped out by the team responsible on a weekly basis.

    From the quality of the servers to customer support, the contempt shown for the user base and their opinions is clear. And it’s been this way for years.

    Fair play to the people who have put a shift in to gather all this evidence together and finally bring this to light; but the only way to truly hurt them and make a statement is to affect what they care about the most: by putting a dent in their annual profits so somebody has to answer to the shareholders (be that through a flurry of refund attempts, or a knock-on effect in 17).

  • i-zez7
    17 posts Ball Boy
    Xaviesta wrote: »
    Knowing them from past experience they'll just break the day one cards rather than fix the broken ones.

    dont give them ideas like that ...
  • Xaviesta
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    i-zez7 wrote: »
    Xaviesta wrote: »
    Knowing them from past experience they'll just break the day one cards rather than fix the broken ones.

    dont give them ideas like that ...

    remember when the goal keepers used to stand about 10 yards of their line? rather than fix that the just broke shooting lol quite funny really.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    jpflathead wrote: »
    I have the day off Thursday and I'll start on getting a refund from EA for the games I purchased in the last 4 years. I'll have to check how many FIFA points I bought over the past four years but it can't have been more than 50 euros.

    I have Thursday off too. :D
  • Alemas_2012
    15702 posts World Class
    Well, futhead have posted a video on the matter.

    They aren't actually on the "dark side", they did make a massive video on a certain unmentionable...
  • Masakari
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    I've been playing FIFA since 13 and since then I've spent at least 2000 euros on points. I'll only be satisfied if I get all that refunded, but of course that will never happen.
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 2016
    Give me my refund.I don't want you investigating and saying that you're sorry and what not, giving everyone a free pack. It's just not acceptable. I was going to quit Fifa soon anyways. Made my decision two months ago, now I won't ever look back at Fifa. And I'm so mad I spent so much time playing this **** game. At least I got to be #1 on Futhead nexus last year but who the hell cares.
    Post edited by Amir on
  • jpflathead
    86 posts Park Captain
    Masakari wrote: »
    jpflathead wrote: »
    Masakari wrote: »
    Lol nice try by EA.

    Multi-year "bugs" like this aren't multi year by ignorance. They either already knew about it but did nothing to fix it, or it's not really a bug and it's intentional.

    Hey, there's a third option, they are ridiculously incompetent. But that is so shockingly awful I don't even want to consider it.

    The third option is actually the most likely one. Unfortunately EA combined this with putting their fingers in their ears and chanting LALALALA every time somebody pointed out to them that there was a bug.

    @jpflathead Here's why I don't believe that:

    First, because they know how all the hidden stuff works. Surely they would have noticed this crap in testing as they have the logs being dumped from the engine with exact numerical values whenever they are generated.

    Secondly, because it's a multi year bug. With people complaining for years about something "wrong" with the game, it's incomprehensible that they wouldn't catch something like this before.

    Third, because it feeds into the FUT addiction loop. Think about it. EA wants people to spend money opening packs to get those special cards, but if you get that crazy "near unbeatable" team you're not gonna spend any more money.

    We've all complained that stat increases on IF cards should be higher than the usual +2 they give a few stats, as it's not really noticeable. But that's with the 4 chem we now know. If special cards (be they IFs, MOTMs, TOTS, etc) are soooooo much better than normal cards that the "average" player has, the average player is screwed.

    We also all know that contrary to what usually happens in most video games (ie most of the time the best player wins), in FUT the game is manipulated so that many times the best player doesn't win, either because of those "unnamed" shifts in-game, or a forcefield GK, 1 shot 1 goal syndrome, or our super high rated team being crap (4 chem everyone...). This even goes back to the theories in 13 and 14 that more than 3 IFs on a team would make a team play much worse.

    So EA looks at this, even if unintentional, and sees it feeds perfectly into their psychological addiction loop - "I have TOTY Neymar, but he's still crap, I need to keep buying more players / packs, there has to be a perfect solution" etc rinse and repeat.

    Fourth, this latest update from @Rob acts as if the fitness glitch is also recent, when it's been going on for months. EA are only now acting on it because a much worse "glitch" was discovered. Making me think they knew about the fitness glitch all along and decided to ignore it.

    Bottom line, we can't be sure it's intentional or not, but I definitely do not believe EA didn't know about this.

    I agree with you that they probably did know that something wasn't quite right but they never managed to put their finger on the issue (and clearly didn't try hard enough.)
    Lots of testing is done on the product but always before the IFs are released. They only test on the day-one database. And of course that works just fine.
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    i-zez7 wrote: »
    Xaviesta wrote: »
    Knowing them from past experience they'll just break the day one cards rather than fix the broken ones.

    dont give them ideas like that ...

    Exactly my thoughts lol!
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    jpflathead wrote: »
    Masakari wrote: »
    jpflathead wrote: »
    Masakari wrote: »
    Lol nice try by EA.

    Multi-year "bugs" like this aren't multi year by ignorance. They either already knew about it but did nothing to fix it, or it's not really a bug and it's intentional.

    Hey, there's a third option, they are ridiculously incompetent. But that is so shockingly awful I don't even want to consider it.

    The third option is actually the most likely one. Unfortunately EA combined this with putting their fingers in their ears and chanting LALALALA every time somebody pointed out to them that there was a bug.

    @jpflathead Here's why I don't believe that:

    First, because they know how all the hidden stuff works. Surely they would have noticed this crap in testing as they have the logs being dumped from the engine with exact numerical values whenever they are generated.

    Secondly, because it's a multi year bug. With people complaining for years about something "wrong" with the game, it's incomprehensible that they wouldn't catch something like this before.

    Third, because it feeds into the FUT addiction loop. Think about it. EA wants people to spend money opening packs to get those special cards, but if you get that crazy "near unbeatable" team you're not gonna spend any more money.

    We've all complained that stat increases on IF cards should be higher than the usual +2 they give a few stats, as it's not really noticeable. But that's with the 4 chem we now know. If special cards (be they IFs, MOTMs, TOTS, etc) are soooooo much better than normal cards that the "average" player has, the average player is screwed.

    We also all know that contrary to what usually happens in most video games (ie most of the time the best player wins), in FUT the game is manipulated so that many times the best player doesn't win, either because of those "unnamed" shifts in-game, or a forcefield GK, 1 shot 1 goal syndrome, or our super high rated team being crap (4 chem everyone...). This even goes back to the theories in 13 and 14 that more than 3 IFs on a team would make a team play much worse.

    So EA looks at this, even if unintentional, and sees it feeds perfectly into their psychological addiction loop - "I have TOTY Neymar, but he's still crap, I need to keep buying more players / packs, there has to be a perfect solution" etc rinse and repeat.

    Fourth, this latest update from @Rob acts as if the fitness glitch is also recent, when it's been going on for months. EA are only now acting on it because a much worse "glitch" was discovered. Making me think they knew about the fitness glitch all along and decided to ignore it.

    Bottom line, we can't be sure it's intentional or not, but I definitely do not believe EA didn't know about this.

    I agree with you that they probably did know that something wasn't quite right but they never managed to put their finger on the issue (and clearly didn't try hard enough.)
    Lots of testing is done on the product but always before the IFs are released. They only test on the day-one database. And of course that works just fine.

    There is no way that a programmer does not test everything that's in the game or will be in the game at some point. They surely tested special cards. And it's Fifa we're talking about, a huge team of programmers work on Fifa. Even the sloppiest programmer knows to test and debug everything in their product.
  • jpflathead
    86 posts Park Captain
    Amir wrote: »
    jpflathead wrote: »
    Masakari wrote: »
    jpflathead wrote: »
    Masakari wrote: »
    Lol nice try by EA.

    Multi-year "bugs" like this aren't multi year by ignorance. They either already knew about it but did nothing to fix it, or it's not really a bug and it's intentional.

    Hey, there's a third option, they are ridiculously incompetent. But that is so shockingly awful I don't even want to consider it.

    The third option is actually the most likely one. Unfortunately EA combined this with putting their fingers in their ears and chanting LALALALA every time somebody pointed out to them that there was a bug.

    @jpflathead Here's why I don't believe that:

    First, because they know how all the hidden stuff works. Surely they would have noticed this crap in testing as they have the logs being dumped from the engine with exact numerical values whenever they are generated.

    Secondly, because it's a multi year bug. With people complaining for years about something "wrong" with the game, it's incomprehensible that they wouldn't catch something like this before.

    Third, because it feeds into the FUT addiction loop. Think about it. EA wants people to spend money opening packs to get those special cards, but if you get that crazy "near unbeatable" team you're not gonna spend any more money.

    We've all complained that stat increases on IF cards should be higher than the usual +2 they give a few stats, as it's not really noticeable. But that's with the 4 chem we now know. If special cards (be they IFs, MOTMs, TOTS, etc) are soooooo much better than normal cards that the "average" player has, the average player is screwed.

    We also all know that contrary to what usually happens in most video games (ie most of the time the best player wins), in FUT the game is manipulated so that many times the best player doesn't win, either because of those "unnamed" shifts in-game, or a forcefield GK, 1 shot 1 goal syndrome, or our super high rated team being crap (4 chem everyone...). This even goes back to the theories in 13 and 14 that more than 3 IFs on a team would make a team play much worse.

    So EA looks at this, even if unintentional, and sees it feeds perfectly into their psychological addiction loop - "I have TOTY Neymar, but he's still crap, I need to keep buying more players / packs, there has to be a perfect solution" etc rinse and repeat.

    Fourth, this latest update from @Rob acts as if the fitness glitch is also recent, when it's been going on for months. EA are only now acting on it because a much worse "glitch" was discovered. Making me think they knew about the fitness glitch all along and decided to ignore it.

    Bottom line, we can't be sure it's intentional or not, but I definitely do not believe EA didn't know about this.

    I agree with you that they probably did know that something wasn't quite right but they never managed to put their finger on the issue (and clearly didn't try hard enough.)
    Lots of testing is done on the product but always before the IFs are released. They only test on the day-one database. And of course that works just fine.

    There is no way that a programmer does not test everything that's in the game or will be in the game at some point. They surely tested special cards. And it's Fifa we're talking about, a huge team of programmers work on Fifa. Even the sloppiest programmer knows to test and debug everything in their product.

    Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence.

    I am firmly in the incompetence camp
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2016
    Btw, anyone who actually thinks they will get refunded, well I can say it is not going to happen.

    When you purchased FIFA points, and used them in packs, you agreed that the pack return is random. You most probably got items which are working, contracts, maybe a D1 players aswell. However, the thing is slightly different if you actually pulled an inform, but the refund outcome still is the same:

    EA won't return a single penny.

    Sad but true. I really would like refund, have spent quite a lot during years...
Sign In or Register to comment.