11463 posts Has That Special Something
    Amir wrote: »
    Richard wrote: »
    Baners wrote: »
    EA should get sued! This could be really big, like a multi million dollar case.

What a Murica thing to say.. They wont get sued and they will easily win if they get sued.

How would they win. Do they allow false advertising where you come from? How could anyone defend this....

They never made statements saying 'every card plays like his stats' and 'chemistry does this and this' or 'and IF always plays better than his day one card'. You get what you payed for, an inform-card. Its the same with the ever changing clueless card weights, no statements about that either.

In a very simplistic situation they can even play the 'is just a glitch bro' card.

You arent even allow to mislead at all with your product so yes, they promote chemistry and tell us that getting chemistry gives your players a stat boost. Thats litterally what the chem cards show. Turns out they dont....thats false advertising

Yeah whatever, just like they got sued already for the obviously changing card weights.. Hit me up when this multi million dollar sueing is gonna happen since there already is an incredible amount of evidence about how exactly chemistry and in-form card play and are calculated.

That's completely different. They don't guarantee card weights or anything in those lines. Opening packs is basically gambling and I think it is protected by TOS so they haven't actually done anything wrong in that case. It's unethical but not illegal. This chemistry issue which is basically handi cap is what might cause them legal trouble if someone does something.

I agree, I only used it as an example since people keep shouting the same about that stuff (sue them, its illegal blabla) without knowing the full story.
  • seven
    297 posts Sunday League Hero
    seven wrote: »
    Don't you just love EA sympathisers.

I know this was sarcasm, but I'm gonna say "no" anyway

Right answer bro.
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Shadox2014 wrote: »
    It's NOT false advertising because they never told us what chem does. Sad but true

Yes do they do, press RB(xbox) button when viewing your team and select Chemistry Styles Explained.

They clearly state there that it will affect a players Pace,Shooting,Passing,Dribbling,Defending,Physical depending on which Chemistry style you apply to your player.

But they dont say what exactly happens when your player is on 0,1,2,3,....,10 chem.

Who cares man. It's in the game. They have done false advertising. "Better" cards aren't actually better. For chemistry or any other reason.
  • Richard
    11463 posts Has That Special Something
    Kurt wrote: »
    Irrespective of lawsuits or not, the problem here is that they have purposely or not fked up a whole game.

This I do agree with it.
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2016
    In one of their videos about IF items in the news feed, they did indeed say that those items play better in game (even if they hadn't said so, better card stats clearly suggest and are supposed to represent better IG performance, which any court will understand and take into account).
  • Amargaladaster26
    7436 posts Big Money Move
    It's NOT false advertising because they never told us what chem does. Sad but true

Yes do they do, press RB(xbox) button when viewing your team and select Chemistry Styles Explained.

They clearly state there that it will affect a players Pace,Shooting,Passing,Dribbling,Defending,Physical depending on which Chemistry style you apply to your player.

But they dont say what exactly happens when your player is on 0,1,2,3,....,10 chem.

Who cares man. It's in the game. They have done false advertising. "Better" cards aren't actually better. For chemistry or any other reason.

Well, I am quite sure TOTS cards are better than NIFs thanks to their huge boost in stats. Probably also some of those classical players and SIFs etc.

• Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    In one of their videos about IF items in the news feed, they did indeed say that those items play better in game (even if they hadn't said so, better card stats clearly suggest and are supposed to represent better IG performance, which any court will understand and take into account).

Exactly...deceptive advertising is illegal lol. I dont get how anyone would think they would win and they have been sued before. Oh well...still messes up the game but hey, saves me money next year
  • Amir

Well, I am quite sure TOTS cards are better than NIFs thanks to their huge boost in stats. Probably also some of those classical players and SIFs etc.

That is probably true but you can't say the same thing about TOTW cards which are released every week.
  • fluffymnuffy
    12558 posts Has That Special Something

If YOU want to pay for the lawyer...
  • Amargaladaster26
    7436 posts Big Money Move

That is probably true but you can't say the same thing about TOTW cards which are released every week.

Yeah, they are probably worse in some stats, depending on chem styles.
  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    Million dollar question is: did they purposely add this so as to even the playing field between players and teams? If yes, I hope they burn in hell
  • Amir
    To anyone who says EA will win the case, just look at what happened to Sony just last week with PS3. They should pay 50$ to anyone in the US who bought a PS3 in a specific period. why? because of a feature that they advertised and wasn't actually as advertised. So yeah.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited June 2016
    Red bull were sued for saying "red bull gives you wings", for a time anyone in the USA could claim a certain amount of money from them.

They now say "red bull gives you wiiiiings" as wiiiiings are not a thing.
  • Amir
    Million dollar question is: did they purposely add this so as to even the playing field between players and teams? If yes, I hope they burn in hell

Doesn't matter if they did this on purpose or not.
  • RaphiFifa
    370 posts Sunday League Hero
    what do u think about the players prices now ?
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up

If YOU want to pay for the lawyer...

I am looking into a class action lawsuit
  • Kurt

True, a lot of us have been complaining for years that something is not right and they haven't done anything.
  • kijsberg
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2016
    Here's an updated presentation of how this works:
    ERGandb.jpg

For the sake of argument, I've used 3 chevrons = +5 for all technical stats, but this is only proven to be true for dribbling. Furthermore, for the sake of argument, I've used 4 chem as base chem. This is just meant to be a simple example of how it more or less works. We only know that the IG-dribbling is boosted by 5, we don't know anything about the other stats that makes up the dribbling card stat, such as ball control.
  • Amir
    To anyone who says EA will win the case, just look at what happened to Sony just last week with PS3. They should pay 50$ to anyone in the US who bought a PS3 in a specific period. why? because of a feature that they advertised and wasn't actually as advertised. So yeah.

I am basically telling you if a case against EA is made and it is won, it is possible that they have to refund some if not all the fifa points purchased. Sounds ridiculous but it is a possibility.
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something

True, a lot of us have been complaining for years that something is not right and they haven't done anything.

They did do something...banned us from talking about it lol
  • Kurt

They did do something...banned us from talking about it lol

Lol, such a joke.
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Wow. What a train wreck. I just sold off all my in forms except my MLS ones and the IFs that have been solid for me (IF Ben Yedder for one)....so many clunky IFs though....this is awful. I feel ripped off....
  • Kakarot1996
    1435 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2016

I am basically telling you if a case against EA is made and it is won, it is possible that they have to refund some if not all the fifa points purchased. Sounds ridiculous but it is a possibility.

A refund happening is as likely as a referendum re-run :joy:
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    As Ronaldo's Day 1 card was an IF does it mean his NIF is Glitched?
  • Mooootje
    45 posts Park Captain

Ronaldo 93 LW is his base, day 1 card, who was programmed in there before the IF. IF Ronaldo is programmed after that and thus affected by the glitch
  • Koll
    1447 posts Professional

Probably not because it would have been in the database already.
  • raz5229
    1094 posts Professional

A refund happening is as likely as a referendum re-run :joy:

Agree. I'm not on ea side at all but they are a big company and what they produce to us in fut (chem) is so very vague, there will be an excuse somewhere.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Mooootje wrote: »

Ronaldo 93 LW is his base, day 1 card, who was programmed in there before the IF. IF Ronaldo is programmed after that and thus affected by the glitch
    Koll wrote: »

Probably not because it would have been in the database already.

Cheers
  • Barslund
    4644 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2016

No, but KDB apparently is not a day 1, since he has a very rare Wolfsburg card.

I wonder if this is why in-forms in the older fifa editions had significantly higher boosts, as they needed to compensate for this programming?
  • Mooootje
    45 posts Park Captain
    Barslund wrote: »

No, but KDB apparently is not a day 1, since he has a very rare Wolfsburg card.

I wonder if this is why in-forms in the older fifa editions had significantly higher boosts, as they needed to compensate for this programming?

Yes this is true, so there would be no unaffected KDB :(