The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

The does Chemistry matter experiment....

Comments

• Sokker14
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    SYMMO19 wrote: »
    Sokker14 wrote: »
    Lightshow wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Ker_Mit wrote: »
    Anyway i'm done defending myself over something I did out of boredom at the request of a few forumers, if you believe what I found then great and if not then fine.

Honestly you shouldnt be bothered by them. You've done enough good.

Cheers pal, not bothered by them but I hate backing down when I know i'm right :smile:

Exactly I am not sure why this thread got hate or why some are bothered by the topic! But all you were trying to show at this stage of the game with 3 months left is have some fun with your TOTS/IF/UP teams and use who you want and don't worry about chem. Personally I am enjoying my team way more as I get to use all kinds of different players without having to worry about perfect links.

Yeah, still thread of the year for me. Took a lot for me to forget chem as I used to be in the OCD full chem brigade, but this finally convinced me and now I'm having more fun with my current team than any previous one.

That's good enough for me mate.

If it's helped anyone have more fun then it was worth my time doing it, and anyone else can think what they like...

Exactly and leave it at that! Message of this thread is simple! I've played UT since 10 and been OCD about chem until this thread.

Haha I was not that OCD about chem but still preferred it be 100 before my tests.

I'm totally happy to answer people's queries, but it's annoying that certain people find fault in what I say without anything to back it up...
    I wonder how playing a number of games proofs anything.

Games are affected by so many different factors, it's rather silly to think you can learn anything from comparing matches with a high and low chemistry team with and without special cards.

It's proves not proofs, not sure how you are the "community writer" with spelling like that!
    At least I don't give anyone false hope with dreadful experiments.
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2016
    Anyway i'm done defending myself over something I did out of boredom at the request of a few forumers, if you believe what I found then great and if not then fine.

Cheers pal, not bothered by them but I hate backing down when I know i'm right :smile:

Exactly I am not sure why this thread got hate or why some are bothered by the topic! But all you were trying to show at this stage of the game with 3 months left is have some fun with your TOTS/IF/UP teams and use who you want and don't worry about chem. Personally I am enjoying my team way more as I get to use all kinds of different players without having to worry about perfect links.

Yeah, still thread of the year for me. Took a lot for me to forget chem as I used to be in the OCD full chem brigade, but this finally convinced me and now I'm having more fun with my current team than any previous one.

If it's helped anyone have more fun then it was worth my time doing it, and anyone else can think what they like...

Exactly and leave it at that! Message of this thread is simple! I've played UT since 10 and been OCD about chem until this thread.

Haha I was not that OCD about chem but still preferred it be 100 before my tests.

I'm totally happy to answer people's queries, but it's annoying that certain people find fault in what I say without anything to back it up...

Games are affected by so many different factors, it's rather silly to think you can learn anything from comparing matches with a high and low chemistry team with and without special cards.

It's proves not proofs, not sure how you are the "community writer" with spelling like that!

Test it for yourself first before you judge ffs.
  • SYMMO19
    1094 posts Professional

A dreadful experiment that I was going to do in private but was asked to share with community so I did.

A dreadful experiment that many people have got benefit from, and have already vouched for. Something which you conveniently ignore every time you post...

I could continue but can't be bothered to waste my time with you anymore, have absolutely no need to "proof" anything to you or anyone else for that matter.
  • Sokker14
    4247 posts National Call-Up

If you don't mind I'm not going to waste my time on this. There's no reason to suggest special cards are affected by chemistry.

Look, chemistry barely plays a part in FIFA. It's almost impossible to notice the stat upgrades of players on high and low chemistry, EA isn't denying it.

But the experiment is pathetic and of no use at all. And, the comments about the difference between special items and non in-forms are extremely misleading. That's all I wanted to share.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

It don't think anyone is just believing @SYMMO19 's theory based on his experiment. Most people here are trying it out for themselves and reporting similar findings. I don't think special cards are unaffected by chem like fitness. But this thread suggests that low chem penalties aren't significant enough to justify using a weaker team to achieve higher chemistry.

Of course people have been insisting that better cards at 4/7 chem are better choice all year, nothing new there. All this thread is was a way for people to get together and reinforce that result. And even for NIF players, I think that's still a fair assessment.

As for special cards being affected by chemistry, the fitness glitch has, I think, shifted the logical burden of proof. Setting aside my previous post...where I suggested that the stamina operation and chem boost operation are likely proximate in code and thus quite possibly both bypassed...I guess I'd just ask what evidence there is that chemistry /does/ impact special cards? The in game stats don't change.

You have EA's description of how the game mode works. But it's already shown to be faulty. I honestly wouldn't believe chem has an effect anymore without evidence. The fitness glitch throws the assumption that the meta-stats of the card shown in the squad screen actually operate as described out the window.

I might take it as some evidence to the contrary if position change cards applied are reflected in the bench on the substitution screen. That would suggest that at least some of the meta-stats from the squad builder are persisting into the match. Do informs show current assigned positioning in that screen? Or original? Or none, I forget if it's even shown.
  • nextqprmanager
    3365 posts National Call-Up

If others want to challenge you - they have to provide proof as you did.

It's not proof though remember, it's "subjective"

So subjective that i'm the only person in this thread to have tried it so my opinion means nothing....Oh that's right i'm not!

I appreciate your efforts - as I said before - at the end of Fifa 16 I`m excited
    You have brought to my attention something that I did not know & I will try for myself the next 2 months when I can
    Dont worry bout the haters, life`s full of knockers who try to bring you down
    Im gonna try & have fun
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    whilst interesting,these findings only confirm what i feel i have known for a while. The game is bad. Its bad for many many reasons. But specific to this thread,I would say stats mean very little. I have seen players with awful defensive stats play like makelele and ive seen players with awful offensive stats smash in 40 yarders.

The key is where the card and the player intersect. Can a decent player overcome poor chem /card stats because he is good? Do great card stats and high chem make an average player better? The game itself is so inconsistent that i have no idea,but i do believe that relative to the opponent , lag ,how good you are and luck .....Chemistry is way down the list of game enjoyment determining factors.
  • SYMMO19
    1094 posts Professional
    Xtc wrote: »
    whilst interesting,these findings only confirm what i feel i have known for a while. The game is bad. Its bad for many many reasons. But specific to this thread,I would say stats mean very little. I have seen players with awful defensive stats play like makelele and ive seen players with awful offensive stats smash in 40 yarders.

The key is where the card and the player intersect. Can a decent player overcome poor chem /card stats because he is good? Do great card stats and high chem make an average player better? The game itself is so inconsistent that i have no idea,but i do believe that relative to the opponent , lag ,how good you are and luck .....Chemistry is way down the list of game enjoyment determining factors.

The number 1 game killer for me is lag, whatever chemistry I use does not matter if it's laggy I will normally lose because it ruins my playstyle completely.

All the other inconsistencies can be overcome the majority of the time.
  • Wooly1203
    2568 posts Fans' Favourite
    Barslund wrote: »
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Tempted to buy TOTS Messi for CAM in 41212(2) as I 100% believe in this thread :#

I've been using iMOTM Coutinho at CAM (1 chem) in a 41212(2) and he's averaging a goal per game.

Have TOTS Ben Arfa atm. but the 3* WF is starting to annoy me.

Have you tried Ben Yedder cam?

Not his TOTS, but have 225 games with the non-are...

Decided I want Ronaldo at ST, but his IF's aren't worth it, so actually need links to Ronaldo.
    Gonna use Bale at CM, which is fine by me, but need another link for him, which will be Neymar or Messi at CAM or ST.

Ben Arfa has 15 goals in 13, so it's not like he's bad... :D

I only suggested cause he has 4*5*

But weak, which Ben Arfa is not...
    Need to figure out what type of player I want at CAM.

Maybe some version of Ibra :p

Have a team with both tots Ben Yedder and tots Ben arfa at cam and Ben arfa is definitely the better of the two. His strength sand skill moves definitely make a difference. So so good
  • CovLee_Candice
    4295 posts National Call-Up

well agree game is affected by many different factors..

but now I can play TOTS layun in CDM position with 1-2 chem rather than NIF matuidi in 10 chem..

maybe TOTS layun will get whatever penalties from 1-2 chem but in the end of the day TOTS Layun in 1-2 chem still better NIF matuidi in 10 chem so I have no problem about it..

want TOTS Layun play in full potential? play matuidi and sub TOTS Layun when the game start.. but I am just too lazy to do that and that's waste of contract..

so as long as I get better option than 10 chem NIF Matuidi that doesn't bother me at all.
  • Kove
    4118 posts National Call-Up
    Granted this is anecdotal but it worh sharing.

I ran with a half and half team for 8 matches:
    Promes - Mitrologu - Cuadrado
    Marcisio - Cardoza - Layan
    Sandro - Barzgali - Miranda - Peres
    Handanovic

No evidence of ill chem effects, Layan and Promes were the standouts. I could not get on with Mitrologu but that was not due to the chem may the fact that I can't use targetmen this year.
  • nextqprmanager
    3365 posts National Call-Up

well agree game is affected by many different factors..

but now I can play TOTS layun in CDM position with 1-2 chem rather than NIF matuidi in 10 chem..

maybe TOTS layun will get whatever penalties from 1-2 chem but in the end of the day TOTS Layun in 1-2 chem still better NIF matuidi in 10 chem so I have no problem about it..

want TOTS Layun play in full potential? play matuidi and sub TOTS Layun when the game start.. but I am just too lazy to do that and that's waste of contract..

so as long as I get better option than 10 chem NIF Matuidi that doesn't bother me at all.

or could use Matuidi tots?
  • Jden
    56 posts Park Captain
    o7pwmt.png

Play so well... Thanks for advice totally agree Chem is suck
  • StewParty
    4068 posts National Call-Up
    Does overrall chemistry have an effect?
  • Ker_Mit
    StewParty wrote: »
    Does overrall chemistry have an effect?

Overall chemistry = individual chem from all starting 11 players put together
    So no it doesnt have an effect
  • SYMMO19
    1094 posts Professional
    Jden wrote: »
    o7pwmt.png

Play so well... Thanks for advice totally agree Chem is suck

Hahaha Al Shahrani striker! Interesting choice mate :smile:
  • wijnaldum16
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    1TrsjroL.png
  • ChrisLFC
    7231 posts Big Money Move
    @Jden Is Persic any good?
  • Jden
    56 posts Park Captain
    @SYMMO19.. Yeah mate shahrani is like Messi on left side try him dude u'LL love him
  • NikiSmith
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Brilliant thread!

I'm currently playing with this team.

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/14939281/

Umtiti, Defour, Martial and Hulk is definitely worth a try!
  • Barslund
    4644 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2016
    Just won Div. 1 for the first time - partly thanks to this thread.
    Last match was a lovely 6-2 smash.

Team which is on 50 chem and haven't even bothered changing Ben Arfa to CAM from CF.
    Worse player is bar far Aub, thanks to his 3* skills. Usually take him off at halftime for non-rare Yedder.

RtWlH0e.png
  • SYMMO19
    1094 posts Professional
    Just won Div. 1 for the first time - partly thanks to this thread.
    Last match was a lovely 6-2 smash.

Team which is on 50 chem and haven't even bothered changing Ben Arfa to CAM from CF.
    Worse player is bar far Aub, thanks to his 3* skills. Usually take him off at halftime for non-rare Yedder.

RtWlH0e.png

Well done mate, nice to see some people gaining benefit from my useless experiment :wink:
  • BlitzersNL
    24943 posts Player of the Year
    Has anyone tried this with a team that's not 85+ pace everywhere though :trollface:
  • Ker_Mit
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this with a team that's not 85+ pace everywhere though :trollface:

yes i did
  • Barslund
    4644 posts National Call-Up

Hehe.... thinking of making it even faster :trollface:
    CR7, Neymar, Bale... :wink:
  • Kove
    4118 posts National Call-Up

I tried Mitroglou with no links. He was decent but I'm not good enough with target men this year to make best use of him
  • NikiSmith
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is Icardi THAT good?

Thinking about changing Hulk for Icardi.
    Either that or N'doye for Maxwell.
  • Jmoz16
    50 posts Park Captain
    edited June 2016
    Had to try this out so spent all I had on a team and so glad I did. The team plays immense and is very fun to play with.

Boufa and costa up top run defenders ragged and that dual 5* weak foot at CM spots feels like cheating at times.

Top it off, hamsik is a god on this game for me. Top scorer and assisted in the team and is always in the perfect position when boufa and costa skin there man.

pitch-3565675.jpg
  • dregana08
    3940 posts National Call-Up

It don't think anyone is just believing @SYMMO19 's theory based on his experiment. Most people here are trying it out for themselves and reporting similar findings. I don't think special cards are unaffected by chem like fitness. But this thread suggests that low chem penalties aren't significant enough to justify using a weaker team to achieve higher chemistry.[/quote]

This. I fully believe Symmo believes in what he has written. He has brought it to our attention so we can test it and then follow or not.

Chem affect can never be proved... but from what I've seen from this thread... it's more of a case of 'trust me or not, but try it out for yourself and you'll see'.

Judging from what others have reported... many agree with OP.

Thank you for your time information, Symmo!

• dregana08
    3940 posts National Call-Up

If you don't mind I'm not going to waste my time on this. There's no reason to suggest special cards are affected by chemistry.

Look, chemistry barely plays a part in FIFA. It's almost impossible to notice the stat upgrades of players on high and low chemistry, EA isn't denying it.

But the experiment is pathetic and of no use at all. And, the comments about the difference between special items and non in-forms are extremely misleading. That's all I wanted to share.

@Sokker14 Shame your stubbornness will restrict you in the sheer joy of having random ToTS players... all in one team.

Again, I thank @SYMMO19 for his input and I encourage everyone to test this out. I was sceptical at first, even dismissed it... but I know believe chem, for ToTS players at least, doesn't make a difference. I believe this to be tied in with the 'fitness glitch'.

I shall carry on enjoying my 48 chem random ToTS team :dizzy: