I just dont understand how EA are missing this...

K.Nasa
17 posts Last Pick at the Park
Ok so FIFA 17 is looking good BUT one thing is missing yet again......

PRO CLUBS

The best mode in FIFA is pro clubs. It holds the most potential in the game and yet EA seem to have missed this memo.

FIFA 17s main changes have been announced.
  • New game engine
  • Story mode
  • usual gameplay changes

Why not take this opportunity to overhaul pro clubs and announce it as the great mode it is.

PRO CLUBS CHANGES
  • Design your own team from the ground up including kit and stadium
  • Buy and sell the players your team needs.
  • As you progress in divisions , your AI players gain experience & get better.
  • Top teams in each division are entered in to weekly tournaments.
  • Customize the look and names of your AI players.
  • Winning matches means something now. Gain money/XP for your team via victories.
  • XBOX Marketplace/PSN transactions. Buy vanity items for your player/s and club including tattoos,hairstyles and boots.

Pro clubs could be massive and an annoucment like this would have had people go crazy but yet again it looks like Pro clubs has been overlooked yet again. I just dont understand why EA are not taking advantage of this mode. Done right it could make them so much money just like FUT packs.

I hope FIFA 17 has some kind of improvement for pro clubs. At the moment when playing ask yourself this. "whats the point in winning on pro clubs mode?" theres just no point. Every team looks the same , we all have the same AI players with the same names. We all have a choice of the same kits and when you reach the top of a division it doesnt matter at all.

When my pro clubs team reached division 1 it was pointless. All we got was a surge of random transfer requests.

MAKE PRO CLUBS WHAT IT SHOULD BE EA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Inb4 pro clubs is removed
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    You know it hasn't been 24 hours since the first official release of gameplay or information for this game? Give it time, I'm sure there's more information to be released
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    Supposedly 1% of Fifa gamers play Pro Clubs. So I wouldnt hold my breathe on a bunch of changes.
  • K.Nasa:

simple answer?

because what you suggest would drive people away from fut, probably a ton of them at that, and there is no clear way for ea to make money off of pro clubs, even if it was to turn into an e-sports that would come close to the amount of $$ they are making on fut on a yearly basis.
  • Boeruh
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've given up hope on EA ever bringing changes to pro clubs. The only way pro clubs will survive the coming years, is if EA would turn it into some sort of Ultimate Team pro club mode where you would need to buy packs to fill up the rest of your team or something like that.
  • 46 Yaya's
    809 posts Semi-Pro
    More ppl would play this mode for sure if EA promoted it in the slightest. The constant cash grabbing is ugly, albeit understood... commerce is king.
  • wtrott11
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I would not say Pro Clubs is even near the best mode in FIFA. @K.Nasa
  • LukeDavo15
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    wtrott11 wrote: »

I could be much better than UT with a bit of investment though IMO. Of course that will never happen because it doesn't bring in any additional money but it could be so good.
  • 46 Yaya's
    809 posts Semi-Pro

Were not saying it's the best, were saying it deserves to be shown some love, there's a difference.
  • K.Nasa
    17 posts Last Pick at the Park

A football mode , thats online , with customized teams , kits , stadiums , playing to win divisions , playing in tournaments, online transfer market, bidding system to by players.......

The possibilities are endless.

How could Pro Clubs not be the best potential mode in FIFA?

What do you do in FUT? Waste money buying digital packs of digital cards in the hope that you get a Messi on Ronaldo?

Id like to think a true football fan would want to play to make their own pro clubs player become the Messi/Ronaldo of FIFA online and have people bidding over him.

Tell me what YOU think is better or has more potential then Pro clubs?

Pro clubs could make EA far more money they FUT ever can. The Micro transactions are massive.
  • Any tym7
    1396 posts Professional
    Pro clubs means nothing to me
  • WR8FLUX
    9 posts Ball Boy
    If Pro Clubs is not in Fifa 17 then I wont be buying it....That's how much it means to me!!!
  • 46 Yaya's
    809 posts Semi-Pro
    Any tym7 wrote: »
    Pro clubs means nothing to me

Great input, Thanks m9.
  • Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    fut and pro clubs means nothing to me either so you go buy a nintendo
  • I SiR MartY I
    7357 posts Big Money Move
    46 Yaya's wrote: »

Were not saying it's the best, were saying it deserves to be shown some love, there's a difference.

No other modes offers an 11v11 experience as close to the real thing as Pro Clubs does. I just wish it got the love we all want it to get. I personally think its the best. Its just the sheer size of UT that kills it. But I don't know how anyone in their right mind could say UT is better than Pro Clubs.
    K.Nasa wrote: »

A football mode , thats online , with customized teams , kits , stadiums , playing to win divisions , playing in tournaments, online transfer market, bidding system to by players.......

The only thing remotely similar to this is a Pro Clubs site called VFL, its basically Career Mode and Pro Clubs combined, about 25,000 members. It makes clubs bearable but as it is now, its just dull. Those ideas you suggested actually in the mode would be fantastic.
  • DSD27
    5771 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2016
    Pro clubs is the most pointless mode in fifa imo. Arcady and complete mess. You will never have 11 players to play with you, its always 3 or 4.. so stupid.

fut is the best mode by far
  • I SiR MartY I
    DSD27 wrote: »
    Pro clubs is the most pointless mode in fifa imo. Arcady and complete mess. You will never have 11 players to play with you, its always 3 or 4.. so stupid.

fut is the best mode by far

Not sure if that's terrible bait or you're being serious.

I honestly don't see the appeal of UT anymore. The chemistry system limits any sort of creativity with teams, the pace is just unholy at times, prices are just stupid and people are pretty much forced into dropping stupid money on cards that in 12 months are irrelevant unless they have God tier pack luck or are willing to sit and trade hours on end each day. I don't see how that could be appealing.

I can find plenty of people willing to play clubs, could fill enough up for two 11v11 teams in minutes, guess it depends where you play and how many people you know that play Clubs :smile:
  • DSD27
    edited June 2016
    so EA needs to fix and improve fut, thats it. Pro clubs will always have the problem of not having 11 friends to play. If you can consistently find the same 11 friends to play all the time than congrats to you. Pro clubs its even more arcady than fut at its worst.

If you know how to play fut you will not have big problems with the market and prices. I never open pakcs and I can always afford 2 teams full of IFs and TOTs. And for me its so enjoyable to make squads and upgrade them.. playing the way you like. In pro clubs you can't do that, oyu can't control how the team plays and controlling one player is so boring xD
  • I SiR MartY I
    so EA needs to fix and improve fut, thats it. Pro clubs will always have the problem of not having 11 friends to play. If you can find the same 11 friends to play all the time than congrats to you. Pro clubs its even more arcady than fut at its worst.

If you know how to play fut you will not have big problems with the market and prices. I never open pakcs and I can always afford have 2 teams full of IFS and TOTs. And for me its so enjoyable to make and upgrade squads.. play the way you like. In pro clubs you can't do that, and controlling one player is so boring xD

Pro Clubs is only arcadey if playing with small number of players, the difference in ability between the Pros and AI defaults is insane and leds to a mess of a game. Its far better playing 11v11, lots of competitive sites are dedicated to 11v11 so its quite easy to find teams or players wanting to play a few nights a week, other sites have set times and league systems so you're always able to find people needing players. 11v11 is a more realistic experience and 9/10 times is decided on who is the better team and which team has the better players, in UT, its more about exploiting game mechanics and getting lucky, not to say Clubs isn't like that times but with every player on the pitch being controlled by someone, you have players capable of dropping back to deal with a bundle or long ball and not get beaten by a poor animation.

I have a team full of IFs and some TOTS players too, all my stuff comes from draft mode, when I try UT its really all I play, being able to try new cards is fun but UT in general is just boring, its not really about upgrading players when a fast striker outranks every other forward no matter how good they are. I personally enjoy controlling one player as you can't just give it to the pacey winger and have them hold RT and run at everyone, teams will destroy you if you do that, you have to be clever and actually be good enough to make an impact with the one player you have and you don't have to exploit off the ball AI mistakes to score like everyone does in 1v1 games. Goals are made in those games by the AI not tracking a run or stepping up or doing something when not controlled, at least in a big game, people control every position and a mistake like that is on them.

Can agree to disagree tho, I just don't see the appeal of UT anymore, used to play it loads, now all I do is walk draft mode until its time to play Clubs.
  • CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    That's the most oxy(moronic) comment a 12 year old can come with criticizing Clubs for being arcadey when FUT is the father mode of all such statements. Red, blue, yellow, orange, magenta card colors? F knows how more just to make a player super, and those packs!? I should stop there this isn't an argument or a debate and don't want to make my opponent look like new born...
  • I SiR MartY I
    CocoKof wrote: »
    That's the most oxy(moronic) comment a 12 year old can come with criticizing Clubs for being arcadey when FUT is the father mode of all such statements. Red, blue, yellow, orange, magenta card colors? F knows how more just to make a player super, and those packs!? I should stop there this isn't an argument or a debate and don't want to make my opponent look like new born...

You're my spirit animal.
  • Pro Clubs has the potential to be the best mode not only in fifa, but in all of gaming. A complete simulation of not only the game of soccer in 11 v 11 but the world of professional clubs as well.
  • DSD27
    xl_OO6_lx wrote: »
    Pro Clubs has the potential to be the best mode not only in fifa, but in all of gaming. A complete simulation of not only the game of soccer in 11 v 11 but the world of professional clubs as well.

for that you can just play football in real life, its better for you and everything ._.
    we play video game so we can control a team...
  • DSD27 wrote: »
    for that you can just play football in real life, its better for you and everything ._.

If you want to control a team, play any of the other modes. Clubs is for multiple players to become a team. I can't think of anything more satisfying than that in FIFA.
  • DSD27
    edited June 2016

If you want to control a team, play any of the other modes. Clubs is for multiple players to become a team. I can't think of anything more satisfying than that in FIFA.

maybe thats your problem, you can't think.

aw and btw, If you want multiple players to becoem a team play pro clubs.
  • DSD27 wrote: »

I started posting on this thread to talk about my favorite game mode, not be childishly insulted. Reply to me when you have a real argument against my statements, instead of "I want to play as teams".
  • Yoshi
    3963 posts National Call-Up
    just look at nba 2k's online team up play. It brings in so much money and its so fun to play. They are definitely missing out big on this, but yet again FUT is king so idk if they care.
  • 11vs11 pro clubs is the most promising thing about FIFA. They could make so much money from this, big cash prizes and could become a huge esport as big as LoL/CoD/CS and all the others.

I have been playing competitive 11 man since fifa11, and it is the most intense, fun game mode ever.

11 man clubs is very small but still world wide. There are probably around 3/4k people playing it which is nothing compared to the sales of FIFA and UT users. To help you get a feel of what I am playing every night. Check out some vids.

My CB compilation:

My 11 man team compilation:

when you are playing 11vs11 it is a simulation of real football, tight close games, everyone gets to know each other in terms of teams, people find out certain players weaknesses and work out strategies on how to defend that certain player when you face them next. It is a community but a small one with so much potential if EA could open their eyes and invest money.

sites like www.the-vfl.com offer a platform for new players to start off. Simulated league with 100% realism. Yes you have to commit a lot of time to the site, but it is worth it and its not like any other gaming experience out there.

My hope for FIFA17 for clubs....is like every other year that is hoping it hasn't been taking out. With Co-op skill games and this Alex Hunter STORY MODE RUBBISH they would of had to make space somewhere.

Posted this on the other pro clubs thread but this seems to be more active.
  • DSD27
    edited June 2016

I started posting on this thread to talk about my favorite game mode, not be childishly insulted. Reply to me when you have a real argument against my statements, instead of "I want to play as teams".

what insults?
    well you definitely beated me with "if you want to control a team play the other modes"...