►►► Serie A Lounge 2015-16 ◄◄◄

Comments

• Joe
    4586 posts National Call-Up
    mab wrote: »
    Joe wrote: »
    Elmaggico wrote: »
    Very disappointed with Pjanic, never thought I would see this, hopefully theres a last minute change and he's sold to Bayern/PSG/Barca, or stays.

Pjanic to Juve basically means Roma give up on the scudetto hopes (Even if they were already slim before). I don't know if it's forced or not, but it does put the Serie A in a sad state as there's only Napoli left to compete with Juve now, prob not for too long either

Roma couldn't refuse as we have triggered the release clause.

I see, I don't know why his release clause was quite low, for today's market atleast. I mean when players like Kondogbia and Kovacic go for 35M, Pjanic would easily be 50m.

Great stuff from Juve to activate it, but that's really poor from Roma, should have had a bigger release clause a long time ago.
  • Big Matty T
    2645 posts Fans' Favourite
    Deadline to sell to the Chinese extended to June 30

Well next season is going to be another wasted one...even if a sale goes through by the time Milan hires a coach and starts some transfers there is going to be nothing but scraps left at the table

Berlusconi can't even sell a team correctly...has there been a bigger fall from grace than Berlusconi's Milan?
  • Joe
    Gozar wrote: »
    Very disappointed with Pjanic, never thought I would see this, hopefully theres a last minute change and he's sold to Bayern/PSG/Barca, or stays.

Pjanic to Juve basically means Roma give up on the scudetto hopes (Even if they were already slim before). I don't know if it's forced or not, but it does put the Serie A in a sad state as there's only Napoli left to compete with Juve now, prob not for too long either

What about Inter? Didn't some rich Chinese just buy a large part of the club? Mancini is still there though. If he could go back to how he was at Lazio and Fiorentina, inter might challenge soon. At any rate, good luck.

Yep, Sunning holding group bought 70% of the club and is expected to be at 100% ownership until 2017. They paid all of our debt, however we are still limited due to FFP and we must sell before we buy.

They have money, much more than Thohir, but nobody knows how much they are willing to spend, anyway they're limited right now.

We got Erkin (Free), Banega (Probably on free aswell), so far. Mancini wants Yaya Toure so he might join aswell, don't like the rumours but whatever, our midfield cannot get any worse.

Not quite a marceto like yours, but 2 quality players on a bosman is a decent start I guess.

I don't like Mancini at all, never wanted him back at the club.. but the chinese like him and want him to stay. Ah well.
  • L_immortale
    3077 posts National Call-Up
    Pjanic can go ❤️❤️❤️❤️ himself

You changed the pic? :D

❤️❤️❤️❤️ yeah. what a traitor. He's dead to me.

Don't be bitter.

Can you blame him for wanting to move to a better club? ;)

Oh I was. he claimed to be a "real romanista" in january. But he has shown his true colors like his buddy Benatia. Oh well. Another Mercenary gone. Too he won't win anything other than paper Serie A scudetti with Rubentus. Juventus still will fail in Europe.

Pjanic is a mercenary? Give me a break. How long has he been with Roma? What have they won? He's not from Roma and it's unlikely that he dreamed of playing for them. Most players want to win things or at play for clubs that they grew up supporting. It's not unusual or bad for Pjanic to make this decision. As for your assertion that Juventus will fail in Europe, That's nonsense. They reached the final last year and were somewhat unlucky not to get past Bayern. Had they progressed they probably would have made it to the final again. You should be happy that Roma is improving under Spalletti. With the money from the Pjanic sale Roma can afford an adequate replacement. And why would you want a player who doesn't want to be there?

Merenary/Traitor. Same thing. I hope he enjoys his paper title

Yes he could of. He's not a slave. Just like Morata could reject Real Madrid's buyback if he really wanted to stay with Rube.
  • L_immortale

I see, I don't know why his release clause was quite low, for today's market atleast. I mean when players like Kondogbia and Kovacic go for 35M, Pjanic would easily be 50m.

Great stuff from Juve to activate it, but that's really poor from Roma, should have had a bigger release clause a long time ago.

The only way he was going to re sign with us, was if we gave him a release clause. He specifically wanted to release clause to not be too high in order to not scare off other big clubs. If we did not give him this release clause he would have walked for free. Also, when he resigned he was not the player he is now. He was pretty good last season, and great this season. Before that he was inconsistent and invisible at times.
  • Gozar
    422 posts Sunday League Hero

Don't be bitter.

Oh I was. he claimed to be a "real romanista" in january. But he has shown his true colors like his buddy Benatia. Oh well. Another Mercenary gone. Too he won't win anything other than paper Serie A scudetti with Rubentus. Juventus still will fail in Europe.

Pjanic is a mercenary? Give me a break. How long has he been with Roma? What have they won? He's not from Roma and it's unlikely that he dreamed of playing for them. Most players want to win things or at play for clubs that they grew up supporting. It's not unusual or bad for Pjanic to make this decision. As for your assertion that Juventus will fail in Europe, That's nonsense. They reached the final last year and were somewhat unlucky not to get past Bayern. Had they progressed they probably would have made it to the final again. You should be happy that Roma is improving under Spalletti. With the money from the Pjanic sale Roma can afford an adequate replacement. And why would you want a player who doesn't want to be there?

Merenary/Traitor. Same thing. I hope he enjoys his paper title

Yes he could of. He's not a slave. Just like Morata could reject Real Madrid's buyback if he really wanted to stay with Rube.

Morata has no say. Pjanic does. I'm sure Roma would be more than happy to have a "paper scudetto"
  • Mikael
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pjanic, Dani Alves, Berardi

What a start
  • mab
    450 posts Sunday League Hero

I clearly said Roma couldn't do anything about it, Pjanic assisted us on his move whether you'd like it or not.

Morata on the other hand depends on Madrid, I'm not sure if Morata can do something as he always mentions that his future is unknown and will be defined by Madrid and Juve. He may have gave his word before to return to Madrid if they will activate the buyback clause.
  • Mikael wrote: »

What a start

Berardi is close but not yet.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up

Don't be bitter.

No player is a true romanista apart from Totti and De Rossi. You should know that by now, especially foreign players. Today money is king.

Also before I told you don't be bitter, now I'm going to tell you don't be pathetic as ours are not paper scudetti but honours won with hard work on the pitch and with proper planning by the management. Also we've won many European cups in our history while remind me how many Roma have won?
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    So Pjanic to Juve is pretty much done, with Marmotta confirming he'll have a medical with us.
    If Pjanic performs well, I guess Marchisio will get benched.
    Actually, am I the only one who doesn't get all the Marchisio hype? I don't see him as a star player.

I am really satisfied with the confirm of Pjanic to Juve.

I think he's a top player and with us he can finally unleash his immense potential. I expect great things from him next season.

Marchisio and Pjanic will play together of course, in different roles, however keep in mind Marchisio will still be injured for roughly the first two months of the season.

Currently Marchisio is in the "Pirlo role", a position Pjanic can do very well.
    But even when he's fit again, where will Marchisio fit in? I'd rather have Khedira alongside Pogba in midfield.
    Well, unless Marchisio is the substitute for Khedira for when he's injured...

We have many games. We have many injuries. There will be space for everyone. I bet we'll buy another midfielder as well.

Pereyra will probably leave and maybe Asamoah as well.

Also Pjanic can play as a trequartista.

Don't know where you get that idea from. He's terrible as a trequartista. His best position is regista.

Well I read he might be used in that position as well. We'll see what Allegri does.
  • Amargaladaster26
    9874 posts Has That Special Something

Don't be bitter.

No player is a true romanista apart from Totti and De Rossi. You should know that by now, especially foreign players. Today money is king.

Also before I told you don't be bitter, now I'm going to tell you don't be pathetic as ours are not paper scudetti but honours won with hard work on the pitch and with proper planning by the management. Also we've won many European cups in our history while remind me how many Roma have won?

And Florenzi
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

It's already a done deal.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

I heard Roma were in the red and needed to balance their books before end of June.

Pjanic to Juve enables them to do this. Now they just need to spend what little money they have wisely. I think Roma can do well next season with Spalletti. I trust him.

Obviously I think no one can compete with Juventus in Italy right now. it's not arrogance mind you. Juve management have planned the future really well and the other clubs just keep lagging behind or changing management.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

Honestly anything can happen next year, we will be fine without pjanic, the sale was bound to happen, I just didn't foresee him being sold to juve. Paredes had an impressive season and Gerson could be an interesting player, not to mention strootman looks healthy. Whats hurts the most is losing rudiger to injury, possibly forcing the panic sale, and now we need more reinforcement at CB.

We might sell you Caceres.

We don't have problems selling players to any club in Italy unlike the competition.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

What about Inter? Didn't some rich Chinese just buy a large part of the club? Mancini is still there though. If he could go back to how he was at Lazio and Fiorentina, inter might challenge soon. At any rate, good luck.

Inter are now 70% Chinese.

I don't believe in this foreign management, but I stand to be proven wrong. I just don't think they understand or love the club like Italian management would.
  • Joe

The only way he was going to re sign with us, was if we gave him a release clause. He specifically wanted to release clause to not be too high in order to not scare off other big clubs. If we did not give him this release clause he would have walked for free. Also, when he resigned he was not the player he is now. He was pretty good last season, and great this season. Before that he was inconsistent and invisible at times.

Oh if that was the case then I take my words back. Smart work by his agent,
  • L_immortale

Don't be bitter.

• L_immortale

Don't be bitter.

Don't tell me what I can and can't be... So I'm not supposed to be bitter when one of our best players, who claimed to be a real romainsta, jumps ship to juve and then trys to lie and say it was Roma who sold him without his consent when it was he who wanted to go to Fiat FC. Please. oh and how many CL finals have Fiat FC lost?lmfao
  • L_immortale
    So Pjanic to Juve is pretty much done, with Marmotta confirming he'll have a medical with us.
    If Pjanic performs well, I guess Marchisio will get benched.
    Actually, am I the only one who doesn't get all the Marchisio hype? I don't see him as a star player.

I am really satisfied with the confirm of Pjanic to Juve.

I think he's a top player and with us he can finally unleash his immense potential. I expect great things from him next season.

Marchisio and Pjanic will play together of course, in different roles, however keep in mind Marchisio will still be injured for roughly the first two months of the season.

Currently Marchisio is in the "Pirlo role", a position Pjanic can do very well.
    But even when he's fit again, where will Marchisio fit in? I'd rather have Khedira alongside Pogba in midfield.
    Well, unless Marchisio is the substitute for Khedira for when he's injured...

We have many games. We have many injuries. There will be space for everyone. I bet we'll buy another midfielder as well.

Pereyra will probably leave and maybe Asamoah as well.

Also Pjanic can play as a trequartista.

Don't know where you get that idea from. He's terrible as a trequartista. His best position is regista.

Well I read he might be used in that position as well. We'll see what Allegri does.

That does not make any sense. He's probaly played trequartista 5 times in 5 years with us. Saponara would infinitely be a better trequartista than him.
  • L_immortale

Honestly anything can happen next year, we will be fine without pjanic, the sale was bound to happen, I just didn't foresee him being sold to juve. Paredes had an impressive season and Gerson could be an interesting player, not to mention strootman looks healthy. Whats hurts the most is losing rudiger to injury, possibly forcing the panic sale, and now we need more reinforcement at CB.

We might sell you Caceres.

We don't have problems selling players to any club in Italy unlike the competition.

Careces is a free agent. He can sign wherever. Fiat have no say in the matter,
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    Deadline to sell to the Chinese extended to June 30

Well next season is going to be another wasted one...even if a sale goes through by the time Milan hires a coach and starts some transfers there is going to be nothing but scraps left at the table

Berlusconi can't even sell a team correctly...has there been a bigger fall from grace than Berlusconi's Milan?

Berlusconi nearly died last week.

He will undergo heart surgery this week, hence why the deadline was extended.

On the other stuff I might have to agree with you though.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    Mikael wrote: »

What a start

Berardi is close but not yet.

I'm not sure we'll get him in fact. We'll see.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

Don't be bitter.

And Florenzi

Maybe. Florenzi is still young so not necessarily. I know he loves Roma.

Even Nesta was a true Laziale but he still left to join Milan and win something.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

Don't be bitter.

Don't tell me what I can and can't be... So I'm not supposed to be bitter when one of our best players, who claimed to be a real romainsta, jumps ship to juve and then trys to lie and say it was Roma who sold him without his consent when it was he who wanted to go to Fiat FC. Please. oh and how many CL finals have Fiat FC lost?lmfao

You can be whatever you want to be.

You can name call Juventus whatever you want (just like a little kid) as well but we'll still win. :)

Btw Pjanic never lied. The media invented some stories as usual. Marotta said Pjanic wanted to join Juve.
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    Could I ask you gents what you think of IF Mandzukic and SIF Perisic?
    Are they better than their NIFs?
    I use their NIFs in my current team and just wondering if it's worth upgrading :)
  • Could I ask you gents what you think of IF Mandzukic and SIF Perisic?
    I use their NIFs in my current team and just wondering if it's worth upgrading :)

I have only tried manzu and he is a lot better than his normal card. There is also a lot of praise for sif perisic.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    So what do you guys think about Euro 2016 so far?

Not many goals scored for sure!
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    Could I ask you gents what you think of IF Mandzukic and SIF Perisic?

I have only tried manzu and he is a lot better than his normal card. There is also a lot of praise for sif perisic.

Thanks dude, I'll give them a go :)
  • AIeks
    5080 posts Big Money Move
    So what do you guys think about Euro 2016 so far?

Not many goals scored for sure!
    No, but some good one's though. Payet and Modric's goal especially was very nice. Felt good seeing Berezutsky score that equalizer against England too ;)

This discussion has been closed.