How to get the best out of Best at RW?

Otis
3437 posts National Call-Up
I've been using him for about 30 games and he is so underwhelming. He has no burst of space and his finishing is below par.

Has anybody got any tips on how to make him shine? (No playing him at CM talk though please)

Comments

• OoSUPERDANoO
    13986 posts Moderator
    Same for me, thought he was awful. I put it down to his workrates!

I changed to Figo and he is a totally different player, so much better.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    7 Chem striker he's got 92 finishing up there with the best strikers in the game.
  • Cphee1987
    6181 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2016
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    7 Chem striker he's got 92 finishing up there with the best strikers in the game.

ST, CF & CAM are his best positions
  • Otis

I don't mind M/M on wingers (I've had Giggs since January) but he's just so underwhelming compared to Messi
  • Otis

He's too small to play at ST for me, plus I love 90% of my team RW is the only change I ever consider.
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    13986 posts Moderator
    Otis wrote: »

I don't mind M/M on wingers (I've had Giggs since January) but he's just so underwhelming compared to Messi

How do you find Giggs? I used him for a very short time at the start and couldn't take his 2* skills!

I like Pires but his dribbling is abit clunky at times.
  • Otis
    edited June 2016

How do you find Giggs? I used him for a very short time at the start and couldn't take his 2* skills!

I'm a biased United fan but he does the job. His dribbling feels smooth for me and his finishing is good enough, he doesnt miss much on his left and his right is solid enough.
    I don't really skill anymore I'm more of an LT + RT dribbler now so I dont mind the lack of skills. The only real criticism I have is that he doesnt feel particularily fast in 90% of the games I play.

I've not used many other LW's to be fair so maybe I've just settled on him when I could do better.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year

He's too small to play at ST for me, plus I love 90% of my team RW is the only change I ever consider.

Ahh yeah he can't play lone st you need to pair him with a big man.
  • OhYeahitsJorn
    81 posts Park Captain
    George Best has nearly 2500 goals for me in 1650 (or something) games. He was wasted at RW for the first 150-200 games. He was never really involved and i had to force the ball to him far back on the pitch. He still had some amazing dribbling and he scored many goals at RW as well, but since i started using him at RF he is simply unstoppable.

He scores every game and even if im struggling a lot he changes the game for me. If i really need a goal at the end i put him at Striker and 99 % of the time he will score.For me he is the greatest attacking player in the game with toty Ronaldo.

Conclusion: He is pretty wasted at RW, but he is simply the best RF and Striker in the game for me. 2500 goals in 1600 games is amazing. If he wasnt wasted at the wing the first 200 games or so,and with no rage quitting he would have had over 3000 goals for sure. Amazing player. He makes fifa 16 fun for me.
  • OhYeahitsJorn
    81 posts Park Captain

I love Giggs. He is not a typical "cutting-in" winger or a goalscorer,but he is (for me) the best creater in the game. He got more assist than games for me (over 1000 games) and he also scores some crackers from time to time. Lightning fast and amazing speed dribbling and good shot from the edge of the box down the left. He's crossing has to be the best in the game. So many assist from amazing crosses and through balls from the left.

I think he is great at LF, LW and even CAM or CM. He's speed, dribbling and passing is awesome in all these positons. Like his card says, he does have a clunky weak foot when it comes his shooting. If he's one on one or close range or even passing i have no problems with his weak foot.

And of course his two star skills. If you are a skiller you will probably find Giggs a boring player. But apart from that he is great and he will stay with my team for the rest of this fifa. He creates so many goals for my strikers and scores a lot himself as well. If you did like his playstyle in real life then you will love his card on fifa.Very similar to his prime at United.

• Heppers
    3369 posts National Call-Up
    I think you're using him at the wrong time as weird as that sounds. The last two days my players have played like crap most likely due to the EA servers.
  • xciljw
    5024 posts Big Money Move
    I think he is one of the best finisher I have used this year. Great CAM behind striker Ron :)
  • Otis
    Heppers wrote: »
    I think you're using him at the wrong time as weird as that sounds. The last two days my players have played like crap most likely due to the EA servers.

My players have been great for the last 2 days, so I can't blame that sadly.
  • Otis
    xciljw wrote: »
    I think he is one of the best finisher I have used this year. Great CAM behind striker Ron :)

Shhhh everyone with all of this he plays great everywhere but RW talk.
  • OhYeahitsJorn
    81 posts Park Captain

Well,if you must play him at RW (and use that formation) then he won't be that good. His workrates are letting him down, because he will be lost around the middle of nowhere doing nothing for parts of the game. You have to force the ball to him and wait for him to get up the field.Thats my experience with him on the RW. He is not terrible, but he will not have that much effect on the game. At RF he will be the absolute gamechanger.

If you want to get the best out of George Best then you will have to move him to another attacking position. If not then get Messi, Douglas Costa or someone else that is great at RW.

• Otis

Well,if you must play him at RW (and use that formation) then he won't be that good. His workrates are letting him down, because he will be lost around the middle of nowhere doing nothing for parts of the game. You have to force the ball to him and wait for him to get up the field.Thats my experience with him on the RW. He is not terrible, but he will not have that much effect on the game. At RF he will be the absolute gamechanger.

If you want to get the best out of George Best then you will have to move him to another attacking position. If not then get Messi, Douglas Costa or someone else that is great at RW.

I never have to force the ball to him it's just he doesnt do much with it once he has it. I've pretty much accepted that I'm going to have to sell him going off how this thread has gone.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11824 posts Has That Special Something
    Heppers wrote: »

Same. Every team I've made has felt terrible idk if it's the servers or what but it's been rage sold already

And to OP I just tried Best and he was good but still prefer both NIF messi and Ronaldo
  • xciljw

Haven't tried him at the wings. His stats are way too good and he is way too expensive to play the wings if you have my budget for a team. ;)
  • Glass0nion
    3937 posts National Call-Up
    Hes not that good at all in this game unfortunately.

Nif messi is much better.
  • Otis

Haven't tried him at the wings. His stats are way too good and he is way too expensive to play the wings if you have my budget for a team. ;)

Surely my budget isnt much bigger than yours?
  • xciljw

1.8m
  • Otis

1.8m

I always thought your transfer profit was higher than mine whenever I glance at the leaderboards
  • xciljw

1.8m

I always thought your transfer profit was higher than mine whenever I glance at the leaderboards

Nah I am a pretty bad trader. Need to compensate for it with skills whenever I come up against those very nice teams haha.
  • HeroBent
    4665 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2016
    Play him at rf or striker. Best small&agile striker on the game