FIFA 17 News Thread

Comments

  • I SiR MartY I
    5506 posts Big Money Move
    Even worse. Make it legend that speaks great English, actually isn't 100000 years old and has more to talk about than themselves.

    Pele was a terrible choice.
  • creative
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    If pele was a true beleiver of beutiful football he wouldnt of even involved himself in that trash of a game last year. I have a feeling this year that pro club's might not even be in the game. In which case i wont be buying that's for sure. I know its early day's but from the trailer so far looking at the crowd's in the background the atmosphere is still going to be terrible, I imagine Pokemon will get additional mode's and improvement's, I think the best we can hope for this year is slight improvement's to actual gameplay.
  • selleys
    1 posts Ball Boy
    things id like in fifa 17,

    i feel that the difference between offline and online prizes is crazy, offline needs better prizes.

    the prize money you get during the game isnt enough, at the most i would get 500 coins and to buy packs or a really good player it just takes way.

    it would be great if packs and fifa points were cheaper

    it would be great if you could sell loan players, some of them are just pointless and ir would be better to be able to sell them and get coins for them
  • Eddie
    711 posts Semi-Pro
    I want cantona...so when EA start all their onstage, meaningless marketing speak he can end it with a flying kick. (Joke)
  • I SiR MartY I
    5506 posts Big Money Move
    creative wrote: »
    If pele was a true beleiver of beutiful football he wouldnt of even involved himself in that trash of a game last year. I have a feeling this year that pro club's might not even be in the game. In which case i wont be buying that's for sure. I know its early day's but from the trailer so far looking at the crowd's in the background the atmosphere is still going to be terrible, I imagine Pokemon will get additional mode's and improvement's, I think the best we can hope for this year is slight improvement's to actual gameplay.

    In the description for Fifa 17 it says 1-22 players so I assume Pro Clubs will still be there but there won't be any changes. Same pro builds, same stats, same appearance, maybe a new haircut or two if we're lucky but expecting anything to actually change in clubs is setting yourself up to be disappointed. EA haven't changed anything in years.

    Shame, a mode with unreal potential gets no love because of UT.
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    creative wrote: »
    If pele was a true beleiver of beutiful football he wouldnt of even involved himself in that trash of a game last year. I have a feeling this year that pro club's might not even be in the game. In which case i wont be buying that's for sure. I know its early day's but from the trailer so far looking at the crowd's in the background the atmosphere is still going to be terrible, I imagine Pokemon will get additional mode's and improvement's, I think the best we can hope for this year is slight improvement's to actual gameplay.

    In the description for Fifa 17 it says 1-22 players so I assume Pro Clubs will still be there but there won't be any changes. Same pro builds, same stats, same appearance, maybe a new haircut or two if we're lucky but expecting anything to actually change in clubs is setting yourself up to be disappointed. EA haven't changed anything in years.

    Shame, a mode with unreal potential gets no love because of UT.

    Pretty sure it's a fairly small amount of people that play Pro Clubs, so that could be why.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5506 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2016
    Alex wrote: »
    creative wrote: »
    If pele was a true beleiver of beutiful football he wouldnt of even involved himself in that trash of a game last year. I have a feeling this year that pro club's might not even be in the game. In which case i wont be buying that's for sure. I know its early day's but from the trailer so far looking at the crowd's in the background the atmosphere is still going to be terrible, I imagine Pokemon will get additional mode's and improvement's, I think the best we can hope for this year is slight improvement's to actual gameplay.

    In the description for Fifa 17 it says 1-22 players so I assume Pro Clubs will still be there but there won't be any changes. Same pro builds, same stats, same appearance, maybe a new haircut or two if we're lucky but expecting anything to actually change in clubs is setting yourself up to be disappointed. EA haven't changed anything in years.

    Shame, a mode with unreal potential gets no love because of UT.

    Pretty sure it's a fairly small amount of people that play Pro Clubs, so that could be why.

    Less than 1% of all Fifa players apparently. But, if you release the same mode with no changes every year, obviously less and less people Clubs and are going to play something else or just not get Fifa if all they play is Pro Clubs because of how boring and repetitive the mode is.

    Previous versions of Fifa had way more players, but the split into next gen, the copy and paste job EA put out each year and the way EA try to force UT down your throat while neglecting other modes has seen the numbers drop. We're lucky Pro Clubs is even in Fifa at this stage.
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    Alex wrote: »
    creative wrote: »
    If pele was a true beleiver of beutiful football he wouldnt of even involved himself in that trash of a game last year. I have a feeling this year that pro club's might not even be in the game. In which case i wont be buying that's for sure. I know its early day's but from the trailer so far looking at the crowd's in the background the atmosphere is still going to be terrible, I imagine Pokemon will get additional mode's and improvement's, I think the best we can hope for this year is slight improvement's to actual gameplay.

    In the description for Fifa 17 it says 1-22 players so I assume Pro Clubs will still be there but there won't be any changes. Same pro builds, same stats, same appearance, maybe a new haircut or two if we're lucky but expecting anything to actually change in clubs is setting yourself up to be disappointed. EA haven't changed anything in years.

    Shame, a mode with unreal potential gets no love because of UT.

    Pretty sure it's a fairly small amount of people that play Pro Clubs, so that could be why.

    Less than 1% of all Fifa players apparently. But, if you release the same mode with no changes every year, obviously less and less people Clubs and are going to play something else or just not get Fifa if all they play is Pro Clubs because of how boring and repetitive the mode is.

    Previous versions of Fifa had way more players, but the split into next gen, the copy and paste job EA put out each year and the way EA try to force UT down your throat while neglecting other modes has seen the numbers drop. We're lucky Pro Clubs is even in Fifa at this stage.

    Bit of a catch 22 I guess.
  • Cyentruk
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I don't know how many FIFA Players play Pro Clubs but in our community, Pro Clubs is the most important thing helping to keep our forum still alive although it's not about proclubs only. Pro Clubs became our passion, connecting members closer and more friendly.
  • flcinusa
    521 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 2016
    Based on the 1% mark and 15 to 18m copies (15.17 copies sold, not counting bundled packs (AFAIK) [1], Pro Clubs is only about 150,000 users, whereas millions upon millions play UT. From a business Return On Investment point of view, would you spend money on the 150k or the possible 10 to 15m UT players? FIFA 15 had 14 million Ultimate Team users, they expected 16 to be higher[2].

    We often get annoyed by the patches prioritizing UT[3] but the truth is, it makes stupid amounts of bank for EA, and thats all they care about in the end, Pro Clubs is nice, they may one day give it the love it deserves (like it seems they might to career mode in 17), until then, sorry.

    [1] http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=fifa+16
    [2] http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/30/eas-ultimate-team-has-remade-the-sports-game-landscape/
    [3] https://help.ea.com/en/article/fifa-16-game-updates/
    Post edited by flcinusa on
  • I SiR MartY I
    5506 posts Big Money Move
    Alex wrote: »
    Alex wrote: »
    creative wrote: »
    If pele was a true beleiver of beutiful football he wouldnt of even involved himself in that trash of a game last year. I have a feeling this year that pro club's might not even be in the game. In which case i wont be buying that's for sure. I know its early day's but from the trailer so far looking at the crowd's in the background the atmosphere is still going to be terrible, I imagine Pokemon will get additional mode's and improvement's, I think the best we can hope for this year is slight improvement's to actual gameplay.

    In the description for Fifa 17 it says 1-22 players so I assume Pro Clubs will still be there but there won't be any changes. Same pro builds, same stats, same appearance, maybe a new haircut or two if we're lucky but expecting anything to actually change in clubs is setting yourself up to be disappointed. EA haven't changed anything in years.

    Shame, a mode with unreal potential gets no love because of UT.

    Pretty sure it's a fairly small amount of people that play Pro Clubs, so that could be why.

    Less than 1% of all Fifa players apparently. But, if you release the same mode with no changes every year, obviously less and less people Clubs and are going to play something else or just not get Fifa if all they play is Pro Clubs because of how boring and repetitive the mode is.

    Previous versions of Fifa had way more players, but the split into next gen, the copy and paste job EA put out each year and the way EA try to force UT down your throat while neglecting other modes has seen the numbers drop. We're lucky Pro Clubs is even in Fifa at this stage.

    Bit of a catch 22 I guess.


    Yeah, it is. I honestly expect Clubs to be taken out by Fifa 18 if nothing changes on the next version.

    Its heading down the OTP route of it being a dead game mode.
  • henryclay1844
    927 posts Professional
    Well my favorite mode was Creation Centre, even if it wasn't good enough. It never even made the transition to current gen. Holding out small hope that the customization comment by the CEO comes to something this year, not holding my breathe though.
  • AliasMaurice
    1977 posts Fans' Favourite
    Must not waver
  • You guys also think that ea just have to release legends on ps4 , not only for the players of the ps4 but they will also sell more examples , or should they make different legends for ps4? Like maradona , cruijff etc.
  • Ajaxamsterdam
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    Canal+ will be a partner with EA for FIFA 17. What could this mean?
  • airpreezy
    963 posts Semi-Pro
    Canal+ will be a partner with EA for FIFA 17. What could this mean?

    they´re broadcasting the fifa 16 wc final matches, that´s all.
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    Canal+ will be a partner with EA for FIFA 17. What could this mean?

    Pierre Ménès of Canal+ become new french commentator.
  • Boeruh
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Canal+ will be a partner with EA for FIFA 17. What could this mean?

    Every League also has a set of sponsors that appear on the advertising boards, Canal+ might be one of those as well.
  • flcinusa
    521 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Maybe Canal+ Ligue 1 presentation graphics?
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Maybe Canal+ Ligue 1 presentation graphics?

    sCT4Fmn.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Svbk7h6.png


  • henryclay1844
    927 posts Professional
    Those Ligue 1 graphics aren't exclusive to Canal, in the USA they have them for BEIN sports broadcasts. They'd have to get a similar deal to what they had with Bundesliga last year.
  • Can ea sort out that u can grant thing for free from the guys on ea
  • Ramboen90
    10 posts Ball Boy
    I guess this game will be even worse. Totally EAids..
  • creative
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    You say around 150,000 people play pro club's well i am pretty godamn sure that is a hella alot of people even if ultimate team is millions, im pretty sure 150,000 x £42.00 - £80.00 is a valid enough reason to improve a game mode. So i am infact actually buying a game for a game mode i dont even play.

    Tripwire created Red orchestra 2 a realism world war 2 game that probably only get's 200 people playing it at one time and they show the love the community deserve's and your godamn telling me that a company that sell millions upon millions of copies of a half arsed game cannot afford to put in time to improve a game mode.

    No wonder the world is trash right now, People at the top making ridiculous decisions. From leader's to game designers.




  • I SiR MartY I
    5506 posts Big Money Move
    creative wrote: »
    You say around 150,000 people play pro club's well i am pretty godamn sure that is a hella alot of people even if ultimate team is millions, im pretty sure 150,000 x £42.00 - £80.00 is a valid enough reason to improve a game mode. So i am infact actually buying a game for a game mode i dont even play.

    Tripwire created Red orchestra 2 a realism world war 2 game that probably only get's 200 people playing it at one time and they show the love the community deserve's and your godamn telling me that a company that sell millions upon millions of copies of a half arsed game cannot afford to put in time to improve a game mode.

    No wonder the world is trash right now, People at the top making ridiculous decisions. From leader's to game designers.




    EA don't get 100% from sales. They make like £10 per game bought from stores and a little more from digital purchases.

    I buy Fifa for Pro Clubs as do a lot of people but once the game has been purchased, no more money comes from those players. Compare that to the guys in the UT section and on Reddit and other forums who are complaining about spending THOUSANDS on packs and getting nothing, its easy to see where EA's priority's lie when Clubs has <1% of players and UT has players dropping serious amounts on virtual cards.

    Clubs is a great mode but without changes, its dead. The only thing that keeps me playing is VFL, which although has pretty dodgy playing times, actually makes clubs interesting with its Career Mode meets Clubs format. But that isn't really enough when its the same thing every single year.

    5v5 no ANY drop in- awful, just a team of attackers v AI players, players calling the ball all game to run the field and shoot. People that try to get into the game and experience this are qutting and going back to whatever mode they normally play
    Seasons- dull once you get to div 1 and win it. Becomes a sweat fest with small pros, exploits and more pace.
    Cups- broken, opponents can end up on your team as the ANY, accomps don't count either so why bother
    Friendlies- busted at times, missing penalties option and extra time
    VPs- same stats, same accomplishments, same glitches (5* skills 4* weak foot even with the accomplishments done)
    And much much more.

    Its just awful and unless some serious changes are made, the mode is gone come Fifa 18.
  • OldMateCampbell
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    The day is here. Finally we'll see more concrete news about FIFA 17 following lots of speculation over the past week. Hoping to see plenty of new face scans, a few new leagues, stadiums and maybe even another league broadcast deal. Hopefully EA Play will bring some news on a few of these.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5506 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone got any predictions for the show tonight?

    Aside from EA Access getting 30000000000000000000000 mentions.
  • OldMateCampbell
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    Probably gonna be a lot of talk about the transfer to the Frostbite Engine, might see a bit about new features added to the game, for instance see a couple of the new player faces added or a stadium or two maybe. But yeah, the main talking points will be Frostbite Engine, and promoting EA Access.
  • PDJEY
    1037 posts Professional
    At what time they will showcase FIFA?
  • Alastair
    10065 posts Moderator
    edited June 2016
    PDJEY wrote: »
    At what time they will showcase FIFA?

    The countdown on the EA FIFA website ends at 9:45PM UK time so I assume then.
    Post edited by Alastair on
Sign In or Register to comment.