Have anyone ever attempted to prove whether special cards are actually 'special'?

Blue_GamerzXL
996 posts Professional
edited May 2016
We all know some theories going around that informs or special cards do not play much better, if at all more than their NIF counterparts. So my question is have any youtuber or people have set out to actually prove in-game that this theory is true or false?

For example someone with a TOTS with like a 15 pace boost should do a timing sprint in-game then compared it with the same card' NIF version and see if the difference is noticable. I know some youtubers at the start of fifa tried this by comparing sprint time of Ronaldo with Mertesacker and it is very noticable, but no one have ever tried different inform versions with this test yet.

This is not a thread to start your conspiracy theories about special cards vs nif versions btw, but just a topic of discussion that I have always wondered about. Saying that you 'feel' informs XYZ are better than their NIF won't really help either.

Comments

• heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    I've seen it done with chemistry styles and attribute cards, in 15. Not seen it with TOTS.
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    heavymcd wrote: »
    I've seen it done with chemistry styles and attribute cards, in 15. Not seen it with TOTS.

Attribute cards definitely work I tried before with a really slow player, made his pace 99 for a few games and he does run like a 99 paced player. But I have always wondered about the actual permanent inform/TOTS stats compared with the NIF since we know usually the difference isn't obvious enough that people have asked questions whether it is any difference at all.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    Yeah I remember the test done with the attribute cards and chemistry styles.

There were some tests where the attribute cards did absolutely nothing
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    Yeah I remember the test done with the attribute cards and chemistry styles.

There were some tests where the attribute cards did absolutely nothing

Well it depends on how much of the boost you used, for example making a 30 paced player 50 won't change much I think but making him 90 for example and the difference should be obvious enough. In fact speed is really the only thing you can use to test in this aspect because even 99 shooting doesn't mean every shot goes in, so we can't really differentiate that from 80 shooting. Same with dribbling or physical, just because it is high 90 does not mean you can dribble past every players or win every 1 vs 1 duel.

Hence why I am wondering this, is the stats boost for TOTS/TOTY/FIF...etc even be enough to justify the huge price difference between those cards?
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    From experience around 9/10 feel no different in game.

It's all about trial and error, finding the 10% that actually feel improved in game
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional

It's all about trial and error, finding the 10% that actually feel improved in game

You talking about special cards or attribute cards?
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class

Special Cards. IFs, Tots etc
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional

Special Cards. IFs, Tots etc

Oh ok, yeah I agree. Don't get what you mean by trial and error though, since if it is pretty much designed in the game-mechanic that the difference is minimal/non-existence, any difference you feel is probably result of your mind isn't it? For example you get TOTS Aubameyang and he scores 10 goals in his first 10 matches compared with 5 from your NIF Aubameyang when you first got him then you will immediately think that the TOTS is definitely an improvement based on the limited experience. Is this what you mean by that 10%?

• raz5229
    1094 posts Professional
    Trial and error because some players on face value look good but play poor, in our opinion, some players suit me that other users think play crap, it's about individuality, if that's even a word lol
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    raz5229 wrote: »
    Trial and error because some players on face value look good but play poor, in our opinion, some players suit me that other users think play crap, it's about individuality, if that's even a word lol

Yeah I know what you mean, but then it gets back to my point I said previously though. Basically if you win with that 'special' card in your team you will 'feel' they are better than their NIF, if you lose a lot with them in your team you will think the opposite. It is only natural. I am trying to find out actual concrete evidence in this sense that whether a 15 pace boost really is a pace boost at all in-game or is it just some random numbers displayed in the menu in the game.

• raz5229
    1094 posts Professional
    tough one to prove. Ea **** won't give us answers.
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional

Well they obvious won't because their official answer is that there is a noticable as the stats show, end of story. I am saying someone who got access to lot of different version of a same players with noticable stats difference should try testing it in-game. Do a sprinting test then time it or something.
  • Deco is special, TOTS Kums and Vormer were as well
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    Deco is special, TOTS Kums and Vormer were as well

Deco...erm yh obviously he is a separate card from anything else, he got no other versions in the game. As for the other two cannot really prove and what you are saying is mainly based on your opinions.
  • raz5229
    1094 posts Professional

Well they obvious won't because their official answer is that there is a noticable as the stats show, end of story. I am saying someone who got access to lot of different version of a same players with noticable stats difference should try testing it in-game. Do a sprinting test then time it or something.

Yeh what about passing, shooting etc, impossible to prove, ea should mention something because it might mean an increase in IF sales so more money for ea!!!
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional

Yeh what about passing, shooting etc, impossible to prove, ea should mention something because it might mean an increase in IF sales so more money for ea!!!

Cannot really prove those as I said previously because even 99 doesn't mean shots never miss or dribbling impossible to stop, never misplacing a pass...etc. I don't want to turn it into a conspiracy theory issue but maybe they don't prove it because the truth isn't what people would want to hear. Same reason why they never release actual pack weights because once you see that the chance of packing a Messi is like 0.000001 or something obviously the enthusiasm would be gone.
  • raz5229
    1094 posts Professional
    I agree mate, I really do, but in a game where things don't always play to good I would believe stick with nifs, if however anybody decides to by if's or tots etc and they feel good then fair play. What I will say is that gorilla only plays with nifs!!! I use a few if's, it must be n our heads lol. Just to add, can the naked eye tell the difference?
  • Blue_GamerzXL
    996 posts Professional
    I agree mate, I really do, but in a game where things don't always play to good I would believe stick with nifs, if however anybody decides to by if's or tots etc and they feel good then fair play. What I will say is that gorilla only plays with nifs!!! I use a few if's, it must be n our heads lol. Just to add, can the naked eye tell the difference?

This question is essentially what I am wondering all along in simple words haha, we can talk all day about 15 increase in strength, agility, balance or whatever but do you ACTUALLY notice it in the game?

I mean Ronaldo vs Mertesacker speed race is obvious enough, is TOTS Aubameyang vs NIF Aubameyang obvious enough?

• raz5229
    1094 posts Professional
    Probably not.
  • Seandimes
    2360 posts Fans' Favourite
    For me it really depends from player to player. But the general rule for me is that first informs are never much different, unless theres a position change. For all higher IFs it is really different between the players.

FIF Griezman, MOTM Ibra, FIF Higuain all seemed like a huge upgrade to their normal versions.
    On the Other hand TIF Ben Arfa, TIF Lacazette played for me no better or worse than the normal ones.
    Just trial and error I guess
  • bberger
    5174 posts Big Money Move
    The only thing I can say for sure is that TOTS Fuchs can even throw it further. Midline into the box without a problem. His NIF didn't have that range.
  • In light of recent debacle with chems and special cards might be time to visit this thread now there are lot of physical evidence that special cards are indeed not that special at all.

What this now confirm is that NIF cards are pretty much the best cards in the game under the right conditions regardless of how much of a face value stat upgrades their informs/sif/tif/tots/toty have.

So there you have it guys, next time busting your balls off to trade your way to a IF Ronaldo or spending 100k of fifa points to get that TOTY Modric, remember you can play just as good if not better with their regular cards or in fact much inferior players with the right chem cards. :) By accepting this it would make your life in fifa a lot easier and explains the handicap or script or whatever you want to call the advantages that sometime you feel people with worse team/chem have over you.