Using CR7 for first time and he's awful

13

Comments

  • XIMrNiceGuyIX
    655 posts Sunday League Hero
    Again this is an EA thing,you have to wait ten games before he becomes chemically used to his new team.Even though he's LW playing for Real he still plays rubbish until he's played ten games.And people call me paranoid when I say to them this game from top to bottom is scripted/handicapped or if you like fixed,but in my opinion to call a broken game "fixed" is just not right.

    tbh I think its just in your head as most people ive heard from have had the exact opposite experience, player plays great for the first 20 games then all of a sudden cant do anything... ive never had that happen to me but Ive heard it many times, people think its some conspiracy by ea to make you want to sell your team and open packs :D
  • I've had cr7 for 500 games and he is the best player in the game. He can get clunky from time to time but he can do it all. Don't use him on the wing because you won't find him there. Use him as a lf in a 4321 or as a st in any position. Play as you normally would don't force him the ball and he will make shot that'll make you say "holy $hhit , that went in?"
  • AdamLallana
    905 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ronaldo is not awful. He's the best striker in the game.
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    Ronaldo is not awful. He's the best striker in the game.

    I think its the user in this case for sure, and his unbalanced squad.
  • Radford
    53 posts Park Captain
    Kayser00 wrote: »
    I've had cr7 for 500 games and he is the best player in the game. He can get clunky from time to time but he can do it all. Don't use him on the wing because you won't find him there. Use him as a lf in a 4321 or as a st in any position. Play as you normally would don't force him the ball and he will make shot that'll make you say "holy $hhit , that went in?"
    So you think he is ok with lower chemistry as a Lf in a ST role?
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    Radford wrote: »
    Kayser00 wrote: »
    I've had cr7 for 500 games and he is the best player in the game. He can get clunky from time to time but he can do it all. Don't use him on the wing because you won't find him there. Use him as a lf in a 4321 or as a st in any position. Play as you normally would don't force him the ball and he will make shot that'll make you say "holy $hhit , that went in?"
    So you think he is ok with lower chemistry as a Lf in a ST role?

    Yes. 5 chem gives you the base stats you see on the card. 7 chem still gives you a stats boost, just not as much as 10 chem. With stats that high, 5 chem and above he will be great regardless.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    He is fine on 5 chem. I played him personally like that and he is just as good.
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    COACH wrote: »
    He is fine on 5 chem. I played him personally like that and he is just as good.

    Coach if I remember correctly from reading the old forum, you're in finance right?
  • WhiskerBiscuit
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You need to use skill moves. That's where he really shines. He pulls them off so smoothly. Messi doesn't have 5 star skills so it's really what sets them apart.
  • Radford
    53 posts Park Captain
    Thanks guys.

    Record this morning was 3-1-0, much improved squad and hat-trick for Ronaldo in the last game.
  • Stocker16
    77 posts Park Captain
    I had a similar problem last year
    After finally getting 2 million coins to afford him, he felt really bad at LW, ST and RW
    Scored 2 times in about 8-10 games - and that was against my friend who isn't the best

    To be fair I think Messi is more my sort of player and I should have gone for him instead
  • When you buy the best players it's always like this.
  • Radford
    53 posts Park Captain
    edited April 2015
    Updated squad.

    2exlxrl.jpg
    Comments and improvements you recommend?
  • ScorcherPrime
    3709 posts National Call-Up
    I think you should play him ST
  • Radford
    53 posts Park Captain
    I think you should play him ST
    So 4-3-3(2)?
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    Radford wrote: »
    Updated squad.

    2exlxrl.jpg
    Comments and improvements you recommend?

    433(3) instead
  • Baelexis
    1765 posts Play-Off Hero
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    Put him Striker

  • LW is amazing for me, but that's because i take advantage of his 5* Skills.
    If you were to make him a LF and play him somewhere central all you'd literally need to do is sprint at goal and shoot, he's one of the hardest players to defend against.
  • Radford
    53 posts Park Captain
    Thanks fellas.
  • Radford
    53 posts Park Captain
    FC Intl wrote: »
    Radford wrote: »
    Updated squad.

    2exlxrl.jpg
    Comments and improvements you recommend?

    433(3) instead

    Play Modric CDM or replace him?

    If so, who would you suggest?
  • Kiid
    2531 posts Fans' Favourite
    Used MOTM CR7 as a LW in 433 (4) and I thought he was okay. He scored a goal a game with a few assists, but not really special. Best player in the game is Messi in my opinion. He's unreal as a CAM
Sign In or Register to comment.