OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• hoban95
    49707 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Is it next thursday?!?!
  • Vert
    15439 posts World Class
    I'm team Cap in the comics but from the trailers of the film I think Iron Man actually has good motives and isnt gonna be as dickish as he was in the comics
  • hoban95
    Vert wrote: »
    I'm team Cap in the comics but from the trailers of the film I think Iron Man actually has good motives and isnt gonna be as dickish as he was in the comics

I'm more team cap from the movies, but you're right in the comics iron Man does come across as a d*ck. :joy:
  • Jeeeeez
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well midnight next Thursday :D that's when I booked my tickets. Going in the gallery to see it in imax.
  • Grifter
    1734 posts Play-Off Hero
    just watched winter soldier ready for civil war. Good film that.
  • hoban95
    Jeeeeez wrote: »
    Well midnight next Thursday :D that's when I booked my tickets. Going in the gallery to see it in imax.

Lucky guy!
  • hoban95
    Grifter wrote: »
    just watched winter soldier ready for civil war. Good film that.

One of the best comic book films i've seen. Cap is easily the best character in the marvel CU imo.
  • Richard
    11476 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2016

Wolverine <3
  • hoban95
    4da.gif
  • Jeeeeez

I don't know what it is but I just can't get hyped at all for xmen. That wolverine tease was pretty cool though.
  • hoban95

I don't know what it is but I just can't get hyped at all for xmen. That wolverine tease was pretty cool though.

I posted the killing Joke in here, the rating they got was amazing considering it's an animated film. This is going to be one very good film, can't wait for it!
  • Jeeeeez
    hoban95 wrote: »

I posted the killing Joke in here, the rating they got was amazing considering it's an animated film. This is going to be one very good film, can't wait for it!

Yeah I seen, thought that was the first official trailer though. My bad. Now it is something I'm definitely excited for.

Can't wait to see civil war tomorrow night, I'm actually really excited!!!! If you hadn't guessed already :D
  • dannyboy
    12855 posts Has That Special Something

What do you mean? Animated films usually get good ratings.
  • Richard

Yeah I seen, thought that was the first official trailer though. My bad. Now it is something I'm definitely excited for.

Can't wait to see civil war tomorrow night, I'm actually really excited!!!! If you hadn't guessed already :D

No spoilers until sunday, k thanks. :*
  • Jeeeeez
    Richard wrote: »

No spoilers until sunday, k thanks. :*

Don't worry I'm not that much of a doughnut. I was just going to post if I enjoyed it or not. I'm guessing I will haha only read one bad review but sounds like absolute bollocks tbf. It says something like "it's so concerned about setting up future films it refuses to take any risks" from the reactions I've seen I highly doubt that's true. I mean obviously there will be nods to future films but even by the trailers it looks like a different type of film we're used to seeing but so was the winter soldier and that's probably one of my favourite films.
  • hoban95
    dannyboy wrote: »

It got an R rating didn't it?
  • hoban95
    Wait is it out this weekend?!?! :open_mouth:

Completely forgot with this week being my dissertation week
  • dannyboy
    12855 posts Has That Special Something

Nvm I thought you were talking about user ratings like IMDb or Rotten Tomatoes. :D
  • hoban95

Nvm I thought you were talking about user ratings like IMDb or Rotten Tomatoes. :D

Nah ahaha

The Killing Joke is a very graphic story so it's just surprising they actually made this into an animated film.
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class
    Just picked up my ticket for the Civil War Thursday night premiere. So stoked it's not even funny. Ive been waiting for the next Russo Bros. Captain America movie since the credits to Winter Soldier started to roll. I can't wait to see Spidey and Black Panther. Thursday can't come soon enough.
  • Richard
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Just picked up my ticket for the Civil War Thursday night premiere. So stoked it's not even funny. Ive been waiting for the next Russo Bros. Captain America movie since the credits to Winter Soldier started to roll. I can't wait to see Spidey and Black Panther. Thursday can't come soon enough.

I've been there already! :)

Movie was amazing, I really liked it. Much better than Batman vs Superman IMO. Spiderman, but specificially Black Panther was really well done!

The big fight on the airport was one of the best comic book related action scenes I have probably seen. Only thing I disliked about that was:
    It was an amazing fight, but like they don't want to actually kill eachother.. So bit unnecessary if you know what I mean. I mean shooting arrows at someone could potentially kill them if they didnt dodged them.

Also really
    hoped Iron Man or Captain America would die, but the director did not have the balls to do it sadly.
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class
    Richard wrote: »

I've been there already! :)

Movie was amazing, I really liked it. Much better than Batman vs Superman IMO. Spiderman, but specificially Black Panther was really well done!

The big fight on the airport was one of the best comic book related action scenes I have probably seen. Only thing I disliked about that was:
    It was an amazing fight, but like they don't want to actually kill eachother.. So bit unnecessary if you know what I mean. I mean shooting arrows at someone could potentially kill them if they didnt dodged them.

Also really
    hoped Iron Man or Captain America would die, but the director did not have the balls to do it sadly.

Ahhhhhhhh wahhhhh I'm so stoked and jealous of everyone who has seen it :'(

In response to spoiler 1, that is true. But I feel like it was to size the other side up. But I guess I'll have to see it to fully know what you mean ha.

Spoiler 2: I read what the after credits scenes are so I know that doesn't happen. I don't think that would've fit in line with the movie universe tbh so I'm okay with it.
    It's more unrealistic to kill cap off like the comic civil war since I'm sure it would be harder to bring him back for infinity wars. I think in the context of the movie universe, infinity wars is where we're gonna see the casualties start to happen. I was hoping they'd kill him off at the end or maybe fake it, but I'm okay with them not doing it

Okay no actual spoilers I dont already know please!(which is everything else) They're gonna tempt me too much :D
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class
    On another note I just downloaded Winter Solider in 3D to test it out on my Samsung VR and I'm never gonna watch another movie on my TV again. It's like having your own personal imax theater. And through the Oculus Video app you can choose the environment to be either a home theater, actual cinematic theater or the freaking MOON. It's pretty cool.
  • barnseyblade
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2016
    Thought it was very good, can't wait for Dr Strange next.

Also, I hope the Spiderman film they bring out is after the events of Civil War, and not another introduction to Spiderman...
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class
    Alright well that movie was amazing. Im in the minority that actually really enjoyed Batman v Superman but Civil War is next level. So similar to Winter Soldier in how well done it was. I have no quips about it except I want more Panther and Underoos!!!!!! Easily the highlight of the movie for me was seeing these 2 for the first time in the MCU(not counting the other spideys). Also the trailer didn't ruin 85 percent of the movie like BvS did, also just like Winter Soldier. I will definitely be seeing it again with some friends who weren't able to tonight. Major props to the movie for having the best overall superhero fight scene that probably will only be topped by Avengers/Guardians vs Thanos. Can't wait to see the next movies! Dr strange trailer looked awesome in imax 3d and Black Panther and Spidey can't come soon enough.
  • hoban95
    Just seen the film.

Was phenomenal. I don't wanna say too much incase you lads are still going to see it
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class
    Just seen the film.

Was phenomenal. I don't wanna say too much incase you lads are still going to see it

I'm seeing it again tonight :D for that airport scene alone lol
  • hoban95
    Just seen the film.

Hahaha that was just 10 + mins of pure comic book heaven
  • krakos000
    17514 posts World Class
    Just seen the film.

Dude I was on the edge of seat the entire scene. Pretty sure some people in my theater gave Spidey a standing ovation. I was geeking out the entire time lol.
  • hoban95
    Just seen the film.

Dude I was on the edge of seat the entire scene. Pretty sure some people in my theater gave Spidey a standing ovation. I was geeking out the entire time lol.

Hahaha it was amazing

That Spiderman is the best, exactly like Spiderman should be!!