Don't buy FIFA 17 on its release date. Wait to hear from other players

Comments

• BLaZiNgSPEED
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    I agree, I know that only a few people not buying might not make a difference in the grand scheme of things but it definitely won't if no one doesnt say enough is enough. Presumably people who have not bought the game won't be buying FIFA points either..
    I have been occasionally reading these forums except that I have not posted here in over 6 months. This is my first post this year. But I haven't bought a FIFA game since my last FIFA 12 game.

It doesn't help for me to say "enough is enough" because I will get the usual sarcastic responses. "We won't miss you" or "We don't care", etc.

The wisest thing to do is to make up your own decisions silently. You don't have to inform anyone. If I don't like a game I simply won't buy it. I don't have to come over here or inform my friends that I won't buy it. That would make me sound like a moaner or a complaining nature. I am sure most of the people won't care whether I'll buy the game or not. Nor will EA because like you say the sales won't affect their economy. Particularly not the developers as they have more or a less a fixed salary.

I quite liked FIFA 16 Demo. But after reading reports about gameplay pace being increased in the full game after patch 2 from multiple references, including friends. I chose not to buy it.

I also suggest that that's what people do (in their own personal interest). If FIFA 17 is like the FIFA 16 demo. Natural gameplay speed, no penalties for minor non-existent fouls. Then I will buy it! I'm not going into Ultimate Team packs that's not my priority. I only care about solid gameplay!
  • ale85bg wrote: »
    ^ what he said.
    A few people not buying the game in the first, say, three months won't make a big difference unfortunately. And no, we cannot even trust reviews 100%. The only way to judge is to play the demo and make up our own mind about it, hoping EA won't change much after release.

If u trust the demo,u're naive.The FIFA demo are always better than the full versions.The demo is a trap,don't trust it.U guys want FIFA get better?don't preorder,don't buy on day 1.they will improve the gameplay if they fail on the market.else,it would be same story.
  • WSneijder10
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited April 2016
    You can try the game on Xbox one and If you aren't satisfied with the game, You can refund in 3 months. But they allow to do it once a year.

But In my opinion I'm never going to buy fifa again. I always be regret how much money I wasted on when I play fifa 16.
  • Hi il make this quick guys, I use virgin medias 200mb cabled to my ps4 the best in the uk ( my internet does not have a problem at all its fine )

BUT in general about every gamer i play online there is major delay with in the game making ea the money greedy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ a waste of space. il give you an example if.

Someones using wifi or cheap internet then i get major delay ( my internets fine) and i end up losing because there is no dedicated servers on fifa so if the game im playing is lagging because of the guy im playing so am i lagging and it frustrates me a lot,

Why fifa ea are a bunch of money greedy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ !!!

They make you pay for a ultimate team online buying players etc and without dedicated servers the game is only major delay even for the host if the other guy joining is lagging or the distance he is from you that will matter BUT because there is no dedicated servers its pathetic lagging in your favour one game then not the next.

Ea you need dedicated servers you bunch of money greedy ❤️❤️❤️❤️, your fifa game online is a **** pathetic joke that just lags every game.

Ea the money scandles, make you buy a team but they cant afford dedicated servers, so guys don't buy a team as i know it doesn't make a difference when its just lag anyway every game.

Pathetic waste of spaces >> EA ITS IN THE LAG >> PATHETIC WASTE OF SPACES

The only way to sort the game or games out so they do have dedicated servers is for people to complain well il make a start as the game is a **** joke pathetic.

Ea the money scandles that make so much money they cant even afford dedicated servers >> but rocket league can !

pathetic

DONT BUY FIFA 17 YEAH IL EXPLAIN AT LEAST UNTILL THEY GET DEDICATED SERVERS AS THE GAME IS ❤️❤️❤️❤️ PATHETIC WITHOUT THEM
  • Stevo_Jalapeno
    475 posts Sunday League Hero
    I agree, I know that only a few people not buying might not make a difference in the grand scheme of things but it definitely won't if no one doesnt say enough is enough. Presumably people who have not bought the game won't be buying FIFA points either..
    I have been occasionally reading these forums except that I have not posted here in over 6 months. This is my first post this year. But I haven't bought a FIFA game since my last FIFA 12 game.

It doesn't help for me to say "enough is enough" because I will get the usual sarcastic responses. "We won't miss you" or "We don't care", etc.

The wisest thing to do is to make up your own decisions silently. You don't have to inform anyone. If I don't like a game I simply won't buy it. I don't have to come over here or inform my friends that I won't buy it. That would make me sound like a moaner or a complaining nature. I am sure most of the people won't care whether I'll buy the game or not. Nor will EA because like you say the sales won't affect their economy. Particularly not the developers as they have more or a less a fixed salary.

I quite liked FIFA 16 Demo. But after reading reports about gameplay pace being increased in the full game after patch 2 from multiple references, including friends. I chose not to buy it.

I also suggest that that's what people do (in their own personal interest). If FIFA 17 is like the FIFA 16 demo. Natural gameplay speed, no penalties for minor non-existent fouls. Then I will buy it! I'm not going into Ultimate Team packs that's not my priority. I only care about solid gameplay!

I don't see that it does any harm to have a discussion about it- after all, that's what a forum is for. Similarly, I don't think it helps to not talk about it either- you dont get dignity points for being silent and not expressing yourself.

I spent a lot of money on FIFA 16 only for them to be disrespectful and ruin the product paid for- should I just silently accept that? We wouldn't have much of a civilisation if everyone just accepted **** or silently disagreed with **** hoping to get some dignity points. And who cares if some immature keyboard warrior troll has something unconstructive to say...

You said that you would buy FIFA 17 if the demo is good but you also said that you did not buy FIFA 16 despite the demo being good as you had heard multiple time that the game was ruined from patches (which it was)... If you're confused, I think that you got if right with FIFA 16- it doesn't matter if the FIFA 17 demo is good or not as they will inevitable make changes in patches again.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't see that it does any harm to have a discussion about it- after all, that's what a forum is for. Similarly, I don't think it helps to not talk about it either- you dont get dignity points for being silent and not expressing yourself.

I spent a lot of money on FIFA 16 only for them to be disrespectful and ruin the product paid for- should I just silently accept that? We wouldn't have much of a civilisation if everyone just accepted **** or silently disagreed with **** hoping to get some dignity points. And who cares if some immature keyboard warrior troll has something unconstructive to say...

You said that you would buy FIFA 17 if the demo is good but you also said that you did not buy FIFA 16 despite the demo being good as you had heard multiple time that the game was ruined from patches (which it was)... If you're confused, I think that you got if right with FIFA 16- it doesn't matter if the FIFA 17 demo is good or not as they will inevitable make changes in patches again.
    Well yes, staying silent won't make a difference. But raising my voice won't make much difference either. There are some things that won't work no matter how much you try to convince. It would take a mass protest for a difference to be made. There are unfortunately not many protesters from the FIFA fans that will say that they are unhappy with the gameplay speed, etc.

Because there is usually always a fanbase that will say that they are perfectly satisfied with the product. Unless it is one of those video games that has mostly negative reviews. But FIFA 16 does not have mostly negative reviews!

Now if you actually look at the reviews. http://www.gamespot.com/fifa-16/reviews/
    49 people rate the game 10 out of 10. While 35 people voted the game 1 out of 10. With another 31 and 38 people voting 9 and 8 out of 10.

Unfortunately with this kind of statistical review. It is not enough to guarantee us for EA to make a change. Most review scores were rated positive despite an average score of 6.4 out of 10 from the 233 ratings in gamespot.

As I said I am very happy with the demo. Believe it or not, I still play the FIFA 16 Demo from time to time. And I would buy FIFA 17 if the FIFA 16/17 demos reflects the same version as the full game. If EA of-course learnt from their mistakes and make sure that they don't patch the game to make it different from the demo then of-course that would be a positive step.

I will simply play the FIFA 17 Demo and if I am satisfied. I will wait for the release date (not buy it immediately). Wait a few weeks to see if the patches change the gameplay. If they don't, I'll buy it. If I hear from the forums, reviews, etc saying that it's changed again. I won't buy it!
  • Stevo_Jalapeno
    Yep, I'm under no illusions that a forum protest would make much of a difference but you have to start somewhere I suppose- I'm not trying to organise a campain by the way! I didn't start the thread... Just throwing some thoughts out their..

I've got the same plan as you for FIFA 17 but going to wait at least until November- from what I can gather they tend to release the final patch around that time.. Let's hope that EA do learn from their mistakes!
  • SuPeRz
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    Simply buy FIFA 17 in 2017! By then you should know what ur getting...that's my plan and I'm sticking to it...no amount of hype will change that this year! This year's burn was the worst ever...I learn from my mistakes now lol
  • Stevo_Jalapeno
    SuPeRz wrote: »
    Simply buy FIFA 17 in 2017! By then you should know what ur getting...that's my plan and I'm sticking to it...no amount of hype will change that this year! This year's burn was the worst ever...I learn from my mistakes now lol

You might be right- 2017 should be safer!
  • Kasuyo
    619 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2016
    Well I won't be buying :) tired of it now. They won't change it and if you buy it then it's your problem and money wasted then isn't it.

So yeah fifa now is a good coffee mat now, expensive one I bought mind you haha.

EA it's not in the game.
  • Why is everyone always hating on EA and FIFA?....sure the game has some problems...but it is still an awesome game...if it wasn't, then none of us would still be talking about it on a forum 6 months since its release date...and i will probably end up pre-ordering the next one as well LOL

i agree the game is far from perfect, and despite my complaints i will probably preorder it as well. i guess players like me dont help improve this, or any other game
  • I'm not gonna buy Fifa 17. Will get feedback from other guys whether it's like Fifa 16 or its worth buying.
  • leon1309
    4443 posts National Call-Up
    Problem is, even if it is fine at the start (and in most seasons it was, minus a few issues like DCing this year :) ), EA is most likely going to tailor it to the masses...and not in a good way...
  • henryclay1844
    1079 posts Professional
    There is very very little difference between the 16 demo and current game, you must play online with default settings which I would never ever do. If you really enjoy 3 minute halfs with 6 teams, stick to that. It is very curious to me what kind of gameplay you would want if you think the demos have been good but the regular game is crap.
  • leon1309
    Well the demo i played had a bit slower gameplay and felt more "thinking" mans game...early game was DC infested so i did not play it as much, but after the second patch (I think it was that one), the gameplay felt a lot closer to fifa 15 again...
  • lordCriper
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    At least we should all keep our hands off the preorder, and just go get it at the store at or after the release. Because let's face it, we are all (at least most of us) football fans, even on consoles. And at the moment there are only two mediocre footy games out there, and we choose the lesser evil each year.
    So asking people to not buy a footy game might be far fetched. But not to preorder should be doable. If Fifas preorder sales are down by a big margin, EA will so something.
  • LaBrox
    52 posts Park Captain
    Don't trust reviewers ever, we all know they're paid to say good things about the game.

If its anything like the last 2 years, from release the game will be completely different, more than likely more broken from what it is on release day.
  • leon1309
    Sadly it has almost come down to consumer been forced to pirate the game at first (even if a few games do offer trial 2 day periods by now, most dont), just to see if it is any good and if you like what you saw, then go out any buy genuine copy of it...but this does not work with fifa, because the state of the game gets worse durring every current season...