The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

Liam9lfc's 4-2-3-1 formation guide ft. Sokker14

Comments

• red2mik
    447 posts Sunday League Hero
    red2mik wrote: »
    Hey Liam just built this, what do you think?

r8uucj.jpg

Hey Liam, thinking of improving my current team with the new st/cam hulk card. Would probably sell IF Rafael for him. Where would you play hulk in this team? wide cam, ccam or striker?
    what do you think, is he worth the 40k coins or better stick with Rafael?

I'm not Liam but I have a similar setup with Coutinho where Raffael is and he's excellent there.
    If you did that you could then swap Chiellini with Miranda so they are on their strong side and replace Gustavo with Marchisio as your CDM's are pretty limited.
    Marchisio is also amazing and ridiculous value for coins.

Cheers mate some very good thoughts! I already use coutinho as a kind of super-sub, I like having a strong player on the bench just in case. The other thing is I use Marchisio (yes he's so damn good) already in another team, so that would not work because of the fitness. I like Gustavo's defensive strength, but I also could swap him with Fernandinho, who is well balanced.
    But I give your suggestion a serious thought, maybe I can replace Marchisio in the other team and use him as cdm here instead.

Still Hulk looks very tempting, Hus speed, dribbling, shooting and physique is so balanced and strong...
    Anybody used him as cam yet here?

Fair enough, i'd recommend Fernandinho as well, as you say more allrounded.

I considered your argument regarding my cdms, as they get so much involved on every part of the pitch in that formation (even if they are set on stay back). I swapped Gustavo with Nainggolan, who is such a well rounded cdm, wanted to try him anyways for a long time. He's on 8 chem which is absolutely fine and along with Fernandinho its a quite good combo in this set up. Thanks for your thoughts again!

Will save coins now as Hulk is one player I really also have to try :)
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Smoothino wrote: »
    Not trying to sound like a daft question, but is there any way to space out the wide cams as against narrow formations i seem to have no width (and used to 4231 2)

Maybe take off free roam for the outer CAMs. I did once use 60plus width and they ended up playing like LW and RW wingers.
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    METH wrote: »
    Smoothino wrote: »
    Not trying to sound like a daft question, but is there any way to space out the wide cams as against narrow formations i seem to have no width (and used to 4231 2)

Maybe take off free roam for the outer CAMs. I did once use 60plus width and they ended up playing like LW and RW wingers.

Will try this. Although i do like all 3 cams on free roam usually
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Or changing the chance creation custom numbers maybe a higher setting will leave them wider and more spaced out from the striker.
  • Paciga45
    3761 posts National Call-Up
    Best legends for CCAM and L/RCAM under 500k?
  • Paciga45
    Paciga45 wrote: »
    Best legends for CCAM and L/RCAM under 500k?

500k each, not together
  • RTS1910
    72 posts Park Captain
    Liam9lfc wrote: »
    Anyone realized that when you set Build Up Play Positioning to Organized, it puts you on defensive?

Yeah! I think it has something to do with being safer in build up. To my understanding defensive makes players move up the field more cautiously and part of a unit, which ties in with having an organised shape. Whereas free roam gives players the freedom to move out of their position as and when they see fit, something that only balance and higher would allow.

Can be annoying as I always forget it's defensive by default.

Do you normally switch back to balanced then?
  • Notformeclive
    2413 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hey Liam just built this, what do you think?

r8uucj.jpg

Hey Liam, thinking of improving my current team with the new st/cam hulk card. Would probably sell IF Rafael for him. Where would you play hulk in this team? wide cam, ccam or striker?
    what do you think, is he worth the 40k coins or better stick with Rafael?

I'm not Liam but I have a similar setup with Coutinho where Raffael is and he's excellent there.
    If you did that you could then swap Chiellini with Miranda so they are on their strong side and replace Gustavo with Marchisio as your CDM's are pretty limited.
    Marchisio is also amazing and ridiculous value for coins.

Cheers mate some very good thoughts! I already use coutinho as a kind of super-sub, I like having a strong player on the bench just in case. The other thing is I use Marchisio (yes he's so damn good) already in another team, so that would not work because of the fitness. I like Gustavo's defensive strength, but I also could swap him with Fernandinho, who is well balanced.
    But I give your suggestion a serious thought, maybe I can replace Marchisio in the other team and use him as cdm here instead.

Still Hulk looks very tempting, Hus speed, dribbling, shooting and physique is so balanced and strong...
    Anybody used him as cam yet here?

Fair enough, i'd recommend Fernandinho as well, as you say more allrounded.

I considered your argument regarding my cdms, as they get so much involved on every part of the pitch in that formation (even if they are set on stay back). I swapped Gustavo with Nainggolan, who is such a well rounded cdm, wanted to try him anyways for a long time. He's on 8 chem which is absolutely fine and along with Fernandinho its a quite good combo in this set up. Thanks for your thoughts again!

Will save coins now as Hulk is one player I really also have to try :)

Exactly, they get so involved up the pitch that you really need at least one who can play.

Highly recommend Verratti who is perfect, has defending 80 and his IF is fairly cheap.

Apparently Hulk is on for a TOTS so you may want to hang about for that.
  • RTS1910
    72 posts Park Captain
    First of all thanks for a great guide! I learned a lot from it and started enjoying the game more, playing more patient football.

I started using this formation to make the best use of Gullit, and it suits him great. I'm using the squad below:

Suarez
    Iniesta Gullit Sneijder
    Marchisio De Jong
    Alex Sandro Chiellini Bonucci Lichtsteiner
    Handanovic

So not too much pace in front and a decent ball winner at DM. I finally started to enjoy Iniesta thanks to more patient football.

However my gameplay doesn't look like the one we can see in your videos. With the same CTs I'm finding myself swarmed by the high pressure/aggression opponents with much less room and time to find a proper pass. I'm forced to play back too often and get locked in my own half. Constant input lag (or "the thing in my head") doesn't help dealing with it. I'm also not such a good player as the OP without a doubt.

Is there a chance you could post a video with a gameplay footage against high aggression sweaty opposition? I wonder how to fight it better. I've recently been destroyed in midfield with a guy who had Oxlade Chamberlain at DM. He wiped the floor with my Gullit.

PS. Somehow your non-rare squad I'm using as a fitness team feels so much better on the ball in front.
  • Yehudaargazi1
    669 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hi liam...

What your opinion on thats squad..

Lehman
    Sif florenzi h/m - nesta m/h - David luiz h/m - toty marcelo h/m
    Gattuso m/h - Toty Silva h/h
    Rui costa m/l - Zola m/m - If Kaka h/m
    Shev h/h

?
  • Jmoz16
    50 posts Park Captain
    Thinking of building this when I can get a good deal on ibra. How does it look?

pitch-2312399.jpg
  • Paciga45
    Jmoz16 wrote: »
    Thinking of building this when I can get a good deal on ibra. How does it look?

pitch-2312399.jpg

Wait....BY should get another IF this week and same with HBA
  • CovLee_Candice
    4295 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2016
    Hi guys just sold almost everything to buy toty neymar and have 40k left . Do you have cheap squad idea around toty neymar in this 4231? Thank you
  • Is there an updated version of this guide (post-patch) in the middle of these 40 pages somewhere? I just feel like the gameplay has changed so much but this is the formation I'd like to use
  • oliverchristophersen
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Any suggestions on a Ibra team. I have 60k to build the rest of the team.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Any suggestions on a Ibra team. I have 60k to build the rest of the team.

Look a few posts up.
  • SimmoEFC
    11591 posts Has That Special Something
    Thoughts on this?

179f095ce65e80ef976351fb5e5e085d.png

Will use Dembele as the deep-lying playmaker and Pogba with the "Get forward" instruction.
  • Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    Thoughts? @Liam9lfc
    b5d4455449a7de911e3f2790fb66a977.png
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    How do you guys post the pictures like that???
  • CovLee_Candice
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »
    How do you guys post the pictures like that???

Use futwiz u can change rating and color of the card.

Then use" preview in Web app"
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    edited April 2016
    Found another way (sorry for the huge photos, can't find any other ways of uploading a damn photo). Two squads I'm rotating until TOTS.

H2lrqIq.jpg
    FIqr471.jpg

Post edited by Kip2MyLou on
  • pitch-2369121.jpg This is my current team, what do you think about it?
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Peppewen wrote: »
    pitch-2369121.jpg This is my current team, what do you think about it?

Weird goalie choice. Haha.
  • CovLee_Candice

Really2 op toty modric and toty pogba is cdm of dream.
  • Notformeclive
    2413 posts Fans' Favourite

Personally I'd want at least one CDM with a high defensive workrate.

Also a slight waste of your two most expensive players, I'd definitely put one at CAM.

Swap Modric for James and then you could have Enzo Perez (who is excellent), IF Kyrchowiak, Mascherano or SIF Bruno.

Or even Marchisio (probably get a TOTS) or Khedira then Sandro, IF Barzagli and TIF Handanovic.
  • Peppewen
    7 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 2016
    Thx for the tips, i definitely lack of defence sometimes, so i think i will give a chance to some of these cdm u mentioned ( the pogba krychoviak combo reminds me of a wall :# )
  • D-Maniac
    848 posts Semi-Pro
    Need some ideas on a cheap beast squad to get used to formation pre TOTS any ideas?

Pref under 50k if possible - Thanks in advance
  • Jonesing10
    84 posts Park Captain
    D-Maniac wrote: »
    Need some ideas on a cheap beast squad to get used to formation pre TOTS any ideas?

Dybala
    Pereira-Jovetic-Mertens
    Melo-Marchesio
    Juve back line
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    D-Maniac wrote: »

Pretty much any Serie A squad. They are so stack this year with quality CAMs and strikers. Could even put Dybala as a outside CAM and get Icardi, Higuain, or many of the others.
  • CovLee_Candice
    Dude tbh you have missed the boat for sell your player.