Will there be nationality changes to cards?

1
khaldrogo
2200 posts Fans' Favourite
edited April 2016
Really want to see a Nigerian Iwobi :#

Comments

  • Kove
    4013 posts National Call-Up
    So did Woy apparently...
  • khaldrogo
    2200 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kove wrote: »
    So did Woy apparently...

    :D

    As much as I love a youthful England side, a player should play for their nation. However I might be a bit biased being Albanian

    #Shaqiri #Xhaka #Mustafi :(
  • Raymondo123
    1119 posts Professional
    khaldrogo wrote: »
    Kove wrote: »
    So did Woy apparently...

    :D

    As much as I love a youthful England side, a player should play for their nation. However I might be a bit biased being Albanian

    #Shaqiri #Xhaka #Mustafi :(

    Benzema Ribery?
  • WWEFAN24_TRIPLEH
    14322 posts Has That Special Something
    khaldrogo wrote: »
    Kove wrote: »
    So did Woy apparently...

    :D

    As much as I love a youthful England side, a player should play for their nation. However I might be a bit biased being Albanian

    #Shaqiri #Xhaka #Mustafi :(

    Benzema Ribery?

    Ribery ?
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    khaldrogo wrote: »
    Kove wrote: »
    So did Woy apparently...

    :D

    As much as I love a youthful England side, a player should play for their nation. However I might be a bit biased being Albanian

    #Shaqiri #Xhaka #Mustafi :(

    None of those three were born in Albania.

    Basically a player is going to choose the best country he thinks he can get in the team for isn't he? Unless they have a strong feeling towards their country of birth or their parents country of course.
  • FlyingPorkChop14
    4185 posts National Call-Up
    #Murica #Nagbe
  • khaldrogo
    2200 posts Fans' Favourite
    So.. Any word on the changes :p?

    Remember Costa got one on 14, and I'd expect with the Euros coming soon it's possible
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    khaldrogo wrote: »
    So.. Any word on the changes :p?

    Remember Costa got one on 14, and I'd expect with the Euros coming soon it's possible

    That backfired a lot though since many people were unhappy with their card suddenly not fitting the team anymore. Would only work with new cards but even then it seems unlikely. No real high profile players involved and they were even too lazy for skill upgrades this year.
  • Ortez
    2502 posts Fans' Favourite
    #Malli, #Ziyech
  • Verstappen
    4173 posts National Call-Up
    Ortez wrote: »
    #Malli, #Ziyech

    #Fajr
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    edited April 2016
    I absolutely dream of the day!

    #Mitov-Nilsson, #Simić, #Rodić, #Koulibaly, #Benzia, #Guilherme, #Iturbe
  • Sercs
    18618 posts World Class
    France would be missing half their squad
  • Kloppern
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sercs wrote: »
    France would be missing half their squad

    Same with Holland
  • Verstappen
    4173 posts National Call-Up
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    I absolutely dream of the day!

    #Mitov-Nilsson, #Simić, #Rodić, #Koulibaly, #Benzia, #Guilherme, #Iturbe

    Iturbe for what?
    Benzia for what? Tunisian? Algerien?
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Sercs wrote: »
    France would be missing half their squad

    What bothers me is the fact that the majority of the players who changed from France (or other nation) were not surprises. Most claimed they would play for their country of choice long before their first call-up. If EA took all available information available, they would get more of these player's nationality correct.
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Verstappen wrote: »
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    I absolutely dream of the day!

    #Mitov-Nilsson, #Simić, #Rodić, #Koulibaly, #Benzia, #Guilherme, #Iturbe

    Iturbe for what?
    Benzia for what? Tunisian? Algerien?

    Iturbe plays for Paraguay. Benzia plays for Algeria.
  • Choepiechakie
    31415 posts National Team Captain
    Koulibaly no France nationality :neutral:
  • Tim86
    2166 posts Fans' Favourite
    Konko switched to Morocco as well right?
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Koulibaly no France nationality :neutral:

    Should have been Senegalese at the start of the year already. That was one big mistake from EA.
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Tim86 wrote: »
    Konko switched to Morocco as well right?

    No, never played for them.
  • khaldrogo
    2200 posts Fans' Favourite
    @juniorcbr what's your stance on what country a player should choose :)?
  • NornIron
    11116 posts Has That Special Something
    Conor Washington likely going to the euros with N.Ireland.
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    khaldrogo wrote: »
    @juniorcbr what's your stance on what country a player should choose :)?

    In what context? I love this topic :)
  • Adrian095
    33912 posts National Team Captain
    The real question is when will EA pull their finger out their arses.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Players should be allowed to play for their country of birth, their parents country and grandparents country at a push.

    If a player moved to a country at a young age then they should also be able to change nationality.


    What shouldn't be allowed is players like Costa, who is only eligible to play for Spain because he moved there as an adult to play football.
  • khaldrogo
    2200 posts Fans' Favourite
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    khaldrogo wrote: »
    @juniorcbr what's your stance on what country a player should choose :)?

    In what context? I love this topic :)

    @juniorcbr

    Me too :D

    And I mean, do you think it's justified for a player to opt to play for a country that is not their blood country.

    E.g they choose to play for England when they're from Nigeria because they feel like it's a better team and they have a higher chance of getting put on the big scale, or maybe another scenario in which they just identify as British rather than Nigerian. Obviously there are better examples I just want to hear your two cents :).
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Peter wrote: »
    Players should be allowed to play for their country of birth, their parents country and grandparents country at a push.

    If a player moved to a country at a young age then they should also be able to change nationality.

    What shouldn't be allowed is players like Costa, who is only eligible to play for Spain because he moved there as an adult to play football.

    I like the 5 year rule there actually, where a player has lived and played for 5+ years in a given country after 18 before he can switch. It could be 7+ years also.

    I believe the player moving to a country at a young age is much more controversial in my opinion.

    Agreed on your other opinions also except that Grandparents are a push. If he grew up in a family in a foreign land but has strong connections to his grandparents country it should be 100%.
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    khaldrogo wrote: »
    Kove wrote: »
    So did Woy apparently...

    :D

    As much as I love a youthful England side, a player should play for their nation. However I might be a bit biased being Albanian

    #Shaqiri #Xhaka #Mustafi :(
    they are playing for their nation.
    Nation is not blood & soil

  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    khaldrogo wrote: »
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    khaldrogo wrote: »
    @juniorcbr what's your stance on what country a player should choose :)?

    In what context? I love this topic :)

    @juniorcbr

    Me too :D

    And I mean, do you think it's justified for a player to opt to play for a country that is not their blood country.

    E.g they choose to play for England when they're from Nigeria because they feel like it's a better team and they have a higher chance of getting put on the big scale, or maybe another scenario in which they just identify as British rather than Nigerian. Obviously there are better examples I just want to hear your two cents :).

    I do really love this topic. I'm on the phone right now but when I get home I will write you my opinion on precisely this :)
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    juniorcbr wrote: »
    Peter wrote: »
    Players should be allowed to play for their country of birth, their parents country and grandparents country at a push.

    If a player moved to a country at a young age then they should also be able to change nationality.

    What shouldn't be allowed is players like Costa, who is only eligible to play for Spain because he moved there as an adult to play football.

    I like the 5 year rule there actually, where a player has lived and played for 5+ years in a given country after 18 before he can switch. It could be 7+ years also.

    I believe the player moving to a country at a young age is much more controversial in my opinion.

    Agreed on your other opinions also except that Grandparents are a push. If he grew up in a family in a foreign land but has strong connections to his grandparents country it should be 100%.

    If a kid has grown up in England but was born in Nigeria and chooses England then I don't see the controversy.

    I agree to an extent in regards to grandparents, but imagine Ross Barkley turning out for Nigeria...
Sign In or Register to comment.