@xciljw or anyone.

Would a midfield of:

TOTY Iniesta Busquets TOTY Modric

Work? Thanks!

@Ecr8on It will.
  • xciljw
    5062 posts Big Money Move
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    I'm currently on fire with this formation. Been testing it in Div 1 on H2H and have gone on a 8-0-0 streak.

I used Barcelona like this:

Neymar - Suarez - Messi
    Iniesta - Busquets - Rakitic
    Alba - Mascherano - Pique - Alves

LF + RF: Get in behind (Neymar + Messi)
    CCM: Stay back (Busquets)
    LB + RB: Stay back (Alba + Alves)

CT's:

70/25/FF
    70/20/55/FF
    85/75/25/C

Thinking of trying it out in FUT now as well.
    The latest patch really made high pressure more OP. This formation was crap for me a month ago, but since the patch it's just sick.

@Remzy69 Sounds good, looks good. Nice to see you got something working. :)
  • xciljw
    Shadow19 wrote: »
    So i decided to take a better look at the guide and made changes based on work rates and came up with this :
    untitled_zpsdkpuda0m.jpg

Now i cant really choose between Remy or Martial in the LF spot, i was gonna use Martial's LM IF which seem's perfect for that position but its too expensive

My budget is 86,000 atm and this team seems to just about make it from what i could see on the in game market, would also appreciate some help on what subs to use

@Shadow19

Just keep with one you like. You can even try both if you want. You might want to get RW Griezmann right now. Would go with Modric over Isco, Lloris over Oblak and possibly De Marcos as RB.

You don't need subs. Just get yourself a very cheap fitness team and use it when players do not have enough fitness anymore. :)
  • xciljw
    Claicon wrote: »
    Guys, anyone used Gattuso at CCM? Looks decent but a bit worried about his height (and very low jumping in the 50'). I want to save some coins on him instead of going with Effenberg, this card looks insane but i can't afford IF Costa & Lewy anymore.

@Claicon I used him in another formation (False 9). As a lone CDM he was always in the right place, intercepted anything, even strong in the air, but the downside was he got overrun easily by all those pacey players. Besides he was not too good of a dribbler or passer, but as long as you don't try difficult stuff with him you will not notice it often. Not the type of player you want as CCM in this formation. Effenberg is much much better.
  • xciljw
    I take it this midfield would work...

2bzsyvHi.png

@wijnaldum16 I take it too. :#
  • xciljw
    ciumak wrote: »
    Hey @xciljw :)

I use your team: http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/349842

And question for my fitness team: hybrid BBVA, Ligue 1 and BPL: http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/350282

It's ok ?

Thanks and Cheers :)

@ciumak excellent! ;)
  • xciljw
    XMaynee wrote: »
    Just won Division one in H2H going 7-2-0 with the formation after struggling with 41212(2)
    using
    Bale - Benz- CR7
    James-Danilo- Modric
    Marcelo-Ramos-Varane-Carvajal
    I used Gorilla's Instructions and CT's from Soetie's channel

I'm in Div 2 for FUT using this team 7WznII2.png?1
    any improvements? I feel like I need a ccm that is decent at defense and shooting

I was thinking of using this team for something different
    Ncncyw9.png

@XMaynee I like the second team more. U can go Chiellini as well with Sirigu or SIF Trapp in goal if you want to get Marchisio full chem. Another solution is simply getting Pogba to replace Marchisio.
  • xciljw
    Elnegro wrote: »
    So this formation is better than 41212(2)?

@Elnegro There ain't a formation better than another. It is all about the one formation that suits YOU better or the one formation that is better vs another formation. But there is not one formation that is better than any other formation.
  • xciljw
    Rippa wrote: »
    Any suggestions to this team? Obviously up front I should be ok....I'm more wondering if the Manchester City left side is a good fit here? Also would modric be better at ccm? I could go all bbva but would like to use fernandinho as he's one of my favorite fifa players.

@Rippa Just swap Iniesta and Busquets around and you are good. :)
  • xciljw
    Hody wrote: »
    @xciljw I have like 3 questions, if you don't mind:

It is difficult using slower strikers like Ibrahimovic, Jonas, Jovetic or even Higuain or Benzema quite difficult. I have still the most success with players like Doumbia, Dybala, Aguero or Lacazette. Struggled with Ibra in all formations until now, now I play him as a CAM.
    My goal scoring relies mainly on through balls, either short pass in the box or lots of counter attacks.

2. I usually set my FB to stay back, set all my defender line to aggressiv. interceptions. Maybe I should try to leave the FB some freedom.
    What about the LCM, CM and RCM. Sometimes I instruct the middle one to stay forward, while the outer ones or on stay back - sometimes I do I the other way around. Depending on the team. For example if Ibra is CM than the LCM and RCM need to track back? I struggle sometimes with defense what do you suggest.

3. I have another question on the custom tactic. I use 100,50,org / 67,1,35/20,80,20. What would you improve/change - is mixed, short or long passing better?

@Hody

The more pace the better obviously, but there is a balance between pace and quality. Players like Ibra, Benzema or Lewandowski are players with ok pace and some great all round quality strikers. They are the ones I like most. Does not necessarily mean I don't like strikers like Aguero, Lacazette or Dybala, They work great as well. I simply love to think of the all round striker who sets up the attack for the running players around him and scores whenever he gets in the right position to do so. I

2. Try not setting the interceptions aggressive as it makes your defenders rushing at the attacker more, while it is important in this formation to keep the defensive line together. For FBs I would give them the default instructions, because they often get space on the wings to connect defense with midfield and in a more direct way with the forwards.

3. I would lower speed to 70 or 75, more defensive width so like 30-35. And aggression should be going down because it makes your players all over the place, leaving gaps at other places. Would go 60/40/30/Cover for defense. Don't know if it will improve, because I have not used customt actics with this formation, but it is probably the first thing I would try.
  • xciljw
    Baxtie wrote: »
    Hey guys, this is my current team:

No 1)
    image.jpg

But I will substitute it with a "better team"... What do you think is better one and which one would work better and why?

No 2)

image.jpg

@xciljw

@Baxtie The site won't open so can't really see the teams. Pics are a little too small. So if u can enlarge them, then please do so.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    @xciljw thanks for repyling, actally you use a custom tactic. If I watched the video good, you picked PSV as your club, so even in FUT you will play with the default tactic set to PSV.

I have another question the the 3 CMs - which I tried to ask already.
    I miss my CAM from the 4-3-3(4). I always to to set the central CM to go forward while the outer ones should stay back. For example if Ibra is CM than the LCM and RCM need to track back? I struggle sometimes with defense, because the left and right CM seem to be more to the left or right than in the 4-3-3(4) and if set the central CM to only defend, I am missing a passer or shooter in the front of the box!
  • xciljw
    @xciljw thanks for repyling, actally you use a custom tactic. If I watched the video good, you picked PSV as your club, so even in FUT you will play with the default tactic set to PSV.

I have another question the the 3 CMs - which I tried to ask already.
    I miss my CAM from the 4-3-3(4). I always to to set the central CM to go forward while the outer ones should stay back. For example if Ibra is CM than the LCM and RCM need to track back? I struggle sometimes with defense, because the left and right CM seem to be more to the left or right than in the 4-3-3(4) and if set the central CM to only defend, I am missing a passer or shooter in the front of the box!

@Hody I always thought that first thing as well, but it seemed that it was a myth, as far as I understood from several people?

Other thing is tough. I always try to make the CCM stay back and use the LCM and RCM to go forward. But whatever you try all of them will make runs forward, whatever happens. It is just how FIFA is this year, but also last year. The other 2 CMs play a little wider compared to 433 (4), because they have the entire width of pitch to be covered with the 3 of them, while in 433 (4) the wdith of the pitch had to be covered with 2 players. Therefore the two players have a more central role. Whenever you say the CCM (you say Ibra) needs to go forward the game still thinks they are 3 in a line, while you are trying to make him play a little further up the pitch and create 2 layers in midfield. So the game does not automatically give the other 2 players a more central role in your team.

Nothing you can do about that really. Just sounds like you need to get used to playing different with this formation compared to 433 (4). If you want this thing in midfield I guess 4312 suits you more, because it has a decent passer and shooter behind the strikers: the type of player you were missing. On the other hand using 433 (4) does not have the LF/RF but uses wingers but seems to suit you better in terms of the passer/shooter and efending. So for me it seems like it is just a matter of making decisions and accepting that there is not a formation that has everything you want of a formation and how you like to play.

And if you want to do something about the defensive problem yourself when using a forward staying CCM: try to move them into the right positions when you are not on the ball. Simply try to keep as many players as possible between the opponent on the ball and your goalkeeper. For missing out on the shooter/passer just remember that the CCM even rushes forward when he is asked to stay back. He will still get in the right position, just not as often as you would like him to.

Sorry I can't really help you any better with this to be honest. Always try to come up with some good solutions, but it seems like this does not really have a single solution which solves all the problems immediately.
  • The Shadow Knight
    2722 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great guide imo
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    is anybody playing on Xbox One? my gamertag is HodyShoran
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Using this formation. Love the ability to create, but struggling on D. Mostly because I suck at tackling.

Currently using the CCM as more of a CAM (SIF Kruse), with Vidal and March staying back. I THOUGHT that would actually give me more D.

Thoughts on putting Vidal/March on default, picking up either IF Gund or NIF Lahm and instructing to stay back? Would you go Gund or NIF Lahm?
  • Ace_Calhoune
    1116 posts Professional
    @xciljw great guide and this is the formation I've had most fun with. It's a love hate relationship where I might lose a game 4-0 but it's also the formation where I dominate the most so i don't mind

This is my team and needless to say it's the best team I've had this year in terms of fun, ability and being great all round.

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/11177302/

The only thing I'm not happy with is mascherano. He's decent but his lack of height bugs me at time. Also he's very one dimensional.

Who would you recommend for ccm spot?

Busquets maybe?

Don't think anyone else other than mascherano gets full chem.

The ccm and lcm are on stay back by the way.

Thanks
  • Ace_Calhoune
    1116 posts Professional
    Also have you tried a LF or RF at striker and was it ok not being on full chem
  • Gareth1888
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Anyone any teams with tevez? Can't decide the best rf and lf to put alongside him
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Gareth1888 wrote: »
    Anyone any teams with tevez? Can't decide the best rf and lf to put alongside him

You could use any of the di Maria cards. And Salvio has been awesome for me. And the only other LF I've used has been UP Gomez. He's not bad at all. Maybe try Tevez in a False 9; get more links.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Iturbe is awesome as RF, Di Maria is now available as regular card LF and RF, but I think the RF variation should be better, as he can shoot with the strong left foot. I tried Piatti as LF, wasn't pleased, now I am trying Gomez too
  • Elnegro
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Wanna give a shot to this formation
    Currently my team is:

Ribery- griezmann- bale
    Vidal- thiago - modric
    Alaba- boateng- varane - de marcos if
    Leno

Vidal is on stay back
    Will this work fine? Any improvements?
  • Gareth1888
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »
    Gareth1888 wrote: »

You could use any of the di Maria cards. And Salvio has been awesome for me. And the only other LF I've used has been UP Gomez. He's not bad at all. Maybe try Tevez in a False 9; get more links.
    Iturbe is awesome as RF, Di Maria is now available as regular card LF and RF, but I think the RF variation should be better, as he can shoot with the strong left foot. I tried Piatti as LF, wasn't pleased, now I am trying Gomez too

Di Maria rf looks perfect. Still not sure about the lf but might give if gaitan a try

• Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    edited March 2016
    Elnegro wrote: »
    Wanna give a shot to this formation
    Currently my team is:

Ribery- griezmann- bale
    Vidal- thiago - modric
    Alaba- boateng- varane - de marcos if
    Leno

Vidal is on stay back
    Will this work fine? Any improvements?

Only thing is Thiagos stamina is terrible and in this formation all the midfielders do a lot of running. So just be cautious of that.
    Post edited by Kip2MyLou on
  • Susie_Lund
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
  • Susie_Lund
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
  • SJR440
    5042 posts Big Money Move
    @xciljw Great guide man :) I might have posted in here before but thinking about using the below around SIF Bale (will only be left with 20k once I've bought him!)

2csax39.png

What do you think? Any improvements you would suggest perhaps being made to it? :)

• randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    SJR440 wrote: »
    @xciljw Great guide man :) I might have posted in here before but thinking about using the below around SIF Bale (will only be left with 20k once I've bought him!)

2csax39.png

What do you think? Any improvements you would suggest perhaps being made to it? :)

Just giving my 2 cents... You might be better off going NIF Bale (who performs great BTW) and really beefing up the other positions. You can build a hell of a squad for the cost of SIF Bale. Heck, you might be able to pull off NIF Neymar, NIF Bale, Benz and some other Barc/RM players to round out the team.

88 Neymar is trading lower and lower, NIF Bale is already crazy cheap IMHO.

Just a thought :smile:
  • Elnegro
    21 posts Ball Boy
    @Kip2MyLou yeah u r right should i use iniesta on 8 chem then instead of thiago
  • Elnegro
    21 posts Ball Boy
    SJR440 wrote: »

2csax39.png

Just giving my 2 cents... You might be better off going NIF Bale (who performs great BTW) and really beefing up the other positions. You can build a hell of a squad for the cost of SIF Bale. Heck, you might be able to pull off NIF Neymar, NIF Bale, Benz and some other Barc/RM players to round out the team.

88 Neymar is trading lower and lower, NIF Bale is already crazy cheap IMHO.

Just a thought :smile:

I got the same opinion! I have nif bale and damn he is so sick that u dont need an inform bale! Upgrade ur team