Guide to the Christmas Tree Formation: 4-3-2-1

Comments

• red2mik
    447 posts Sunday League Hero
    xciljw wrote: »
    red2mik wrote: »
    Great guide thank you very much for your effort and sharing!!! Never used the Christmas tree but will give it a shot now!
    I've two teams to go with:

first:
    http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/8033683/

second:
    http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/8034292/

Thing is I'm not really sure about the set-up of the central midfield in both the teams. don't know if these players gonna work or if the work rates are not good.

Any thoughts?

@red2mik Workrates are good. Just don't think Cazorla and Kroos really suit. Kroos is too slow for a dynamic midfield and Cazorla too offensive minded (lacks defensive qualities).

Thx for your answer. I changed the midfield to Lahm-Vidal-Modric and Matic-KdB-Rooney
    Works good so far even if some say lahm is no good there and you need a bigger stronger guy as ccm. Would love to go with Pogba as ccm but that's chemwise not possible ...
  • wijnaldum16
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    I take it this midfield would work...

2bzsyvHi.png
  • ciumak
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hey @xciljw :)

I use your team: http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/349842

And question for my fitness team: hybrid BBVA, Ligue 1 and BPL: http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/350282

It's ok ?

Thanks and Cheers :)
  • Cantonas Collar
    1744 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can anyone recommend some good custom tactics for this formation, I couldn't see any in the OP.
  • JamesoLFC
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Have a 2mil budget what would you guys build?
  • Fifa is Life
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2016
    @Cantonas CollarThis is what I use, though you might want organised for build up if you don't like your CCM to slam forward lol
    UsFvuU1.jpg
  • XMaynee
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Does anyone else play like me with a strong physical striker?

My front 3 is Hero wijnaldum IF Mitovic Shaqiri.

I have tried lots of other combos and this is just deadly 30+ games with this and they are all there or there about 30goals each.

I don't consider myself a great player by any means.

YOu should get Ronaldo at striker and put neymar at LF
  • XMaynee
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Just won Division one in H2H going 7-2-0 with the formation after struggling with 41212(2)
    using
    Bale - Benz- CR7
    James-Danilo- Modric
    Marcelo-Ramos-Varane-Carvajal
    I used Gorilla's Instructions and CT's from Soetie's channel

I'm in Div 2 for FUT using this team 7WznII2.png?1
    any improvements? I feel like I need a ccm that is decent at defense and shooting

I was thinking of using this team for something different
    Ncncyw9.png
  • Elnegro
    21 posts Ball Boy
    So this formation is better than 41212(2)?
  • Rippa
    1760 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2016
    Any suggestions to this team? Obviously up front I should be ok....I'm more wondering if the Manchester City left side is a good fit here? Also would modric be better at ccm? I could go all bbva but would like to use fernandinho as he's one of my favorite fifa players.

• Rippa
    1760 posts Play-Off Hero
    wiaa8x.png
  • Rippa
    1760 posts Play-Off Hero
    Elnegro wrote: »
    So this formation is better than 41212(2)?

That's what I'm going to figure out. There are some great players out there that really suggest this formation. I'm also a 41212 narrow user. I built a team and will practice it in friendlies
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    A question, isn't the 4-3-2-1 in career mode or offline games?
  • eRbz26
    1035 posts Professional
    I take it this midfield would work...

2bzsyvHi.png
    I would use pogba instead of marchisio to give your midfield some strength and height, who are your forwards?
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    @xciljw I have like 3 questions, if you don't mind:

It is difficult using slower strikers like Ibrahimovic, Jonas, Jovetic or even Higuain or Benzema quite difficult. I have still the most success with players like Doumbia, Dybala, Aguero or Lacazette. Struggled with Ibra in all formations until now, now I play him as a CAM.
    My goal scoring relies mainly on through balls, either short pass in the box or lots of counter attacks.

2. I usually set my FB to stay back, set all my defender line to aggressiv. interceptions. Maybe I should try to leave the FB some freedom.
    What about the LCM, CM and RCM. Sometimes I instruct the middle one to stay forward, while the outer ones or on stay back - sometimes I do I the other way around. Depending on the team. For example if Ibra is CM than the LCM and RCM need to track back? I struggle sometimes with defense what do you suggest.

3. I have another question on the custom tactic. I use 100,50,org / 67,1,35/20,80,20. What would you improve/change - is mixed, short or long passing better?
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    edited March 2016
    I don't use any instructions on my midfield but the middle cm to stay back and I always have my middle cm to be med/high. Then I have a h/h on one side and either a m/m or h/m on the other. Current set ups are gundogan-Gustavo-vidal. If perisic/sif hamsik-kherida/de rossi-marchisio. If perisic-melo-pereyra (that's for my jonas hybrid)

Most of the time my middle cm doesn't stay back as much as I'd like them to but I still feel having a big body in the middle. And I try to make the non h/h midfielder to have a little physical about him. I don't like playing players like mertens or somebody like that in this formation.

And for the strikers I love the ''slow'' ones. I use higuain, jonas, lukaku, and muller. The key for me is to have speedy wings to get them out of trouble. I have schurrle, shaquri, insigne, perisic, mirallas, people like that.

And I'd never use Ibra as a cm. Wasting his finishing and size. If you want to use him try the false 9.

Now I'm no expert, just my opinions. Ha.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Thanks @Kip2MyLou I was hoping on some feedback from @xciljw but your post helps a lot. I dont give much about workrates as I use instructions on each single player which basically overwrites their workrates.

Maybe I should try, using the CM always as defending player, mostly I have the outer two CMs on stay back, while the middle one plays a cam. Have to play around with it.

Allow me a comment on slow strikers, do you use any instructions like target man and do you use a custom tactic when playing?
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    edited March 2016
    Hody wrote: »
    Thanks @Kip2MyLou I was hoping on some feedback from @xciljw but your post helps a lot. I dont give much about workrates as I use instructions on each single player which basically overwrites their workrates.

Maybe I should try, using the CM always as defending player, mostly I have the outer two CMs on stay back, while the middle one plays a cam. Have to play around with it.

Allow me a comment on slow strikers, do you use any instructions like target man and do you use a custom tactic when playing?

I like to have the lf and rf on get in behind and the st to stay central and get in behind. I don't want my strikers floating out wide because most of the ones i mentioned don't have the best dribbling and lack skill moves. So I play it to the forwards and driven pass to the strikers in the middle or look for the strikers to make the run and feed them with the through balls from the CMs. To be honest, my middle CMs have a good amount of my assists. So I need to have good short passing. Like all the ones I previously mentioned. De rossi and kherida are great passers and ball winners at the same time.

I also like to hold the ball up with my striker if they come short and feed the forwards when they do make runs.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Yes I do the same, all 3 forwards on get in behind.

Do you use a custom tactic?
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Hody wrote: »
    Yes I do the same, all 3 forwards on get in behind.

Do you use a custom tactic?

No custom tactics. But I don't like playing that high pressure type of game type. I'd rather lose playing against someone doing that than changing my ways to that ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Haha.
  • Baxtie
    857 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2016
    Hey guys, this is my current team:

No 1)
    image.jpg

But I will substitute it with a "better team"... What do you think is better one and which one would work better and why?

No 2)

image.jpg

@xciljw
    Post edited by xciljw on
  • xciljw
    5062 posts Big Money Move
    these teams are great

e49d255bbd7cf5d744f72e653f125d18.png
    66f26dfe5021c11b3e3c6f327525c12d.png
    69d8c4954afb881f607198082806a93e.png

@AFC AJAX NR 1 Hopefully the Eredivisie team will get a few TOTS. And less Ajax players, especially after last Sunday. :# Hope we still win the title. Need Ajax to drop a couple of points though and win all our games.
  • xciljw
    SSS wrote: »
    xciljw wrote: »
    Tried a front 3 of SIF Martial, Kluivert and Laudrup...the games were against me

@wijnaldum16 Sounds like a good attack. Laudrup is not really a RF though, but guess if you know how to use him he could do the job. Too bad it did not really work out. :(

Out of curiosity - what do you feel like he's missing for RF?

@SSS
    Purely based on stats:
    Weak foot only 3*, especially as the RF is meant to cut inside. Combination of height, strength and balance makes him a player that is decent at anything but simply does not stand out on a few things. He is not the strong guy that can keep anyone off the ball or the player that has great balance and therefore not loses the ball. Combined with not having full chem makes him less compared to the full chem players. He can do the job, has the stats to be decent, but simply just don't see him as the excellent player that stands out as RF.
  • xciljw
    where would be the best place for Gullit in this formation? CCM or striker? I have SIF Bale and 88 Neymar at striker with NIF Modric, SIF Bruno and Perez at midfield (and about 1 mill in coin left)

@teacherswag CCM to get him involved most, but statwise probably LCM or RCM. Would play him CCM though to just get him involved.
  • xciljw
    GooBandit wrote: »
    What custom settings do you use please? (If any)

@GooBandit Using no custom tactics with this formation!
  • xciljw
    Claicon wrote: »
    Guys, i need your help! I want to build a new team (some changes to my current one). I built this but i have my doubts on that IF Ramsey in the CCM spot. He has a height of 177cm but i prefer someone with 185cm+ at this position. What do you guys think? Some people use player like Modric in CCM but that's not good...

50eed509b95ec826cd5ed2ffbe93fe24.jpg

@Claicon 177 should do, but can imagine u want another player there. Would not play Cazorla in this formation. Only thing I can imagine is the Fernando - Fernandinho hyperlink or possibly Oscar-Ramires. Workrates make Oscar a good CCM if you are cool with his low defensive stats. Not 185 though. In case you want to replace Alexis with someone like Hazard then you can go Matic and Ramires.
  • xciljw
    Dap wrote: »
    What instructions/tactics do you guys use for this formation?

@Dap All in the guide. :)
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2016
    I use central striker as balanced and stay central. Wide strikers as get behind and balanced.

I have my central CM get forward/free roam, the other two on stay back. Both my fullbacks are stay back.

My central striker is stron - costa or Kane, my wides are fast/skill SIF Shaqiri, IF Pedro, Hazard, Sanchez. My central CM is reallya CAM, KDB or SIF Eriksen, I then have Toure/IF Ramsey and Fabregas/IF Cazorla as the other 2 CMs. Thats one creator and one more solid but who can break forwards.

My custom tactics are 40/20 org: 45/35/45 FR: 45/60/45. I prefer a short passing build up game, but with the wide strikers as get behind, longer balls into the channels are always an option.
  • xciljw
    Loke1 wrote: »
    @xciljw

Hi again. I was mostly wondering if you would do something with the midfielders to fix the chemistry, or change Reus with Neymar og Ronaldo? What do you think? All the best.

@Loke1 Depends a little on the amount of coins you can spend. To get full chem you should play Vidal LCM and Castro CCM. Only Messi does not have full chemistry in that case. What you can do as well is go Neymar LF, Busquets/Rakitic CCM and Vidal LCM. Another option is even playing Modric CCM, Vidal LCM and go with Ronaldo - Suarez - Bale up top. Decision is yours.
  • xciljw
    klickx wrote: »
    I am playing with this Team atm. I know Iniesta isnt the best choice. Dont know who can replace him. Or any other changes?

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160304/gakwmod5.jpg

The Budget is the Team +15k. Would like to keep Bale and Neymar.

Dont know how to put the picture in.

@klickx Simply use Rakitic/Busquets/Casemiro. Decision is yours. All three have their advantages and disadvantages.