What do you guys do to still get enjoyment on FIFA?

Riggs006
920 posts Professional
You guys gotta give me some ideas because I'm literally bored out of my mind. I'm constantly swapping teams, I made 2 pretty decent teams I liked recently, won Div 1 a couple times and just bored as hell. I mean the last Div 1 run i was so bored in one game i was 3-0 up and starting dribbles with my keeper, ended up drawing 4-4 and the guy was shushing me up the pitch (deservedly so) but I found that more fun than when i was winning!

I guess i could try different teams but then again I know i'll get bored of it within a season or two! I play with a 20k Serie A team in Div 1 as well as a squad I change up every few seasons with a budget of around 600/700k and its pretty much an endless cycle. And i know some of you may say draft, i do them occasionally but I either win or just go out in the first round which annoys the hell out of me, plus as you all know its more like BBVA draft than FUT draft!

Anyway really would appreciate some suggestions of how to spice things up a bit for more enjoyment, I'm guessing building obscure teams would be a thing so if you guys have any unique teams then I wouldn't mind seeing them for some ideas!

Comments

• OoSUPERDANoO
    14022 posts Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Followed the same path as you for abit, then i started using silver teams and really enjoy playing with them. I don't play that often anymore as i don't have the time so i get much more fun out of the little time i do get to play.

Best thing about using silvers is that i can go into games with no expectation so i don't feel frustrated if i lose, but beating Gold teams and winning feels so much better :D

EDIT: Also i stick mostly to Gold Cup. Alot less try hards in there imo.
  • Gromit
    3621 posts National Call-Up
    Choose one of the top 4 leagues and make a team using players you've never used and wouldn't normally use.

Even better use players you've never used in any FUT.

Its fun and you always find players that surprise you.
  • Riggs006
    920 posts Professional
    Followed the same path as you for abit, then i started using silver teams and really enjoy playing with them. I don't play that often anymore as i don't have the time so i get much more fun out of the little time i do get to play.

Best thing about using silvers is that i can go into games with no expectation so i don't feel frustrated if i lose, but beating Gold teams and winning feels so much better :D

EDIT: Also i stick mostly to Gold Cup. Alot less try hards in there imo.

Yeah i was definitely thinking about a silver team, there is some pretty tasty looking ones, especially in the BPL so might give it a look! I was also thinking about a non rare Serie A team because they are some beasts in there no doubt, murillo and rudiger at CB are tanks!

I do the gold cup when i'm bored as well, I agree its alot less sweaty and you don't have to focus as much, only problem is the 2k prize but I guess having cheaps teams anyway I don't really need the coins :)
  • Riggs006
    920 posts Professional
    Gromit wrote: »
    Choose one of the top 4 leagues and make a team using players you've never used and wouldn't normally use.

Even better use players you've never used in any FUT.

Its fun and you always find players that surprise you.

Definitely worth a go! Anyone you would recommend? :)
  • rsca_rsca
    290 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's difficult to get enjoyment on Fifa when the game plays nervous, when it is too fast etc.
    The other times (when the gameplay is normal en good) I enjoy the FUT Draft and Online Seasons.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Use silvers and bronzes
  • Fletch
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    Play Clubs and H2H. Haven't touched FUT in about 3 months
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    Score nice goals
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    the fact that you even ask this tells you that the game is rubbish.
  • ChrisLFC
    7145 posts Big Money Move
    You could create a new account and go pack only.
  • Khangaskhan17
    3951 posts National Call-Up
    Score nice goals
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    the fact that you even ask this tells you that the game is rubbish. should not eve be a consideration.

Its football

the game should be varied, interesting, full of surprises.Every opponent should bring something different and yet .....

EA fail to create it by completely messing up the balance between

the player- the cards used - the AI

stats and chem mean very little, the AI is as inconsistent asit could be and the player is left to try and pick up the pieces.

cards controlled by the AI can win/lose you matches on their own . You can pass well , creat for yourself and be beaten by the AI deciding to create unmissable chances for your opponent via rebounds or goalie error.

The above is not drama,its just bad coding and a complete misunderstanding of what a gamer wants. He wants to play his fellow gamer and feel a sense of satisfaction when HE wins.Not a sense of cheating when he gets batted and wins via fluke. Im done with the game and have been for a while now. I miss what I ant it to be and despair for what ithas become...

A steaming pile of .....that takes most folks love of the game and cheats it with this terribly shallow attempt at our great game.

so ...to answer your question. I watch Neflix.I dont play anymore....and FIFA is/was the only game i ever played as I love football...

• Clancy
    7757 posts League Winner
    used to be smoking pot.... but now that im off the green stuff playing this game is just frustrating and seems a chore. havent picked up the controller in 5 days
  • PelzyWelzy
    9793 posts League Winner
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    You could create a new account and go pack only.

• Torres4Lif3
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    Trading, so that i can afford as much TOTS as i want.
  • Dare to Benteke
    287 posts Sunday League Hero
    Out of curiosity, what's ur 20k serie a team that u use in div1?
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    Game is stale so Trying new players

• Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    Started a new account to try to get a better personal record flew through for about 30 games then could barely win for the next 20
    changed formation and team now back
    winning with ease again the games ridiculous
    sometimes.
  • barnseyblade
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just play H2H mostly now seeing as every other game of UT has some sort of lag/button delay. H2H isn't nearly as affected.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Mainly playing Pro Clubs at the moment, kinda lost my passion for FUT
  • jordansky1111
    6945 posts Big Money Move
    Competitive play
  • BlitzersNL
    24551 posts Club Captain
    Use your favourite players
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Use a player you enjoy playing and make a team around him so he's the only star player and challenge yourself to create everything through him or just buy a old legend like Torres, put him in a liverpool shirt at anfield and score with him
  • cheesyzoot
    65 posts Park Captain
    Getting enjoyment out of Fifa this year is like getting blood out of a stone. Even after a 20 game winning streak it's hard to determine whether or not you actually had 'fun'...
  • Riggs006
    920 posts Professional
    Out of curiosity, what's ur 20k serie a team that u use in div1?

http://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa16/squad/1941792
  • Alz
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Clancy wrote: »
    used to be smoking pot.... but now that im off the green stuff playing this game is just frustrating and seems a chore. havent picked up the controller in 5 days

Why did you stop?
  • llukslive
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    nothing really to do to enjoy the game. The game controls us, we don't control it. I win 8 out of 10 games, but i am not satisfied as my winnings come from flukes mostly.