OT - The Comic Book Shop: ENDGAME

Comments

• Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    hoban95 wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »
    On a side note, I've had to download all of the episodes of Supergirl. I'd avoided it after watching the pilot and decided it was a little too much like a superhero version of Ugly Betty.

Now there's going to be a Flash/Supergirl crossover, that the producers basically said would never happen because they were on different networks, so I didn't bother with it, now I have 15 hours of Supergirl to catch up on before I can dare to watch the Flash again :D

I'm really going to be buggered if I also have to catch up on Gotham too, probably about 30+ episodes I'd need to catch up on, and it seems likely as Earth Two had a very similar feel and style to Gotham.

Hahaha I have to do the same thing with supergirl :D I actually had spoiled something about the show and got super interested in it too but hearing about the crossover actually happening sealed it for me.

Lads has the Supergirl and Flash crossover aired yet?

Very soon I think, it was teased as an alternate universe on a recent episode of The Flash. Not gonna say any more as not sure how far along with the series you are, if you saw the Earth Two episodes, you'd have seen the teaser for Supergirl.
  • Honour and a pen15
    2563 posts Fans' Favourite
    They released pics of Spideys suit from Civil War, wish I hadnt of seen it tbh as i would have love to have been surprised. But it looks fantastic nonetheless.
  • hoban95
    47872 posts FIFA Cover Star
    On a side note, I've had to download all of the episodes of Supergirl. I'd avoided it after watching the pilot and decided it was a little too much like a superhero version of Ugly Betty.

Now there's going to be a Flash/Supergirl crossover, that the producers basically said would never happen because they were on different networks, so I didn't bother with it, now I have 15 hours of Supergirl to catch up on before I can dare to watch the Flash again :D

I'm really going to be buggered if I also have to catch up on Gotham too, probably about 30+ episodes I'd need to catch up on, and it seems likely as Earth Two had a very similar feel and style to Gotham.

Hahaha I have to do the same thing with supergirl :D I actually had spoiled something about the show and got super interested in it too but hearing about the crossover actually happening sealed it for me.

Lads has the Supergirl and Flash crossover aired yet?

Very soon I think, it was teased as an alternate universe on a recent episode of The Flash. Not gonna say any more as not sure how far along with the series you are, if you saw the Earth Two episodes, you'd have seen the teaser for Supergirl.

Oh i'm completely up to date with Flash, never watched Supergirl. Yeah saw the teaser.
  • hoban95
    They released pics of Spideys suit from Civil War, wish I hadnt of seen it tbh as i would have love to have been surprised. But it looks fantastic nonetheless.

He's in the trailer, mate
  • Honour and a pen15
    2563 posts Fans' Favourite

I try to avoid trailers ad much as possible cuz they tend to give away too much imo, hence I didnt realize that. Unfortunately i was scrolling through io9 and they had a huge pic posted so it couldnt be avoided :-/.
  • hoban95

I try to avoid trailers ad much as possible cuz they tend to give away too much imo, hence I didnt realize that. Unfortunately i was scrolling through io9 and they had a huge pic posted so it couldnt be avoided :-/.

Ah fairs, i love watching the trailers as it only gets me more hyped but i do agree they do give away too much at times.
  • krakos000
    17261 posts World Class

Ah fairs, i love watching the trailers as it only gets me more hyped but i do agree they do give away too much at times.

Same here :/ I don't think the civil war trailer gives much away at all though tbh. Winter soldier had awesome trailers and that movie had huge twists/surprises that I didn't see coming. I'm expecting the same from civil war.
  • hoban95

Same here :/ I don't think the civil war trailer gives much away at all though tbh. Winter soldier had awesome trailers and that movie had huge twists/surprises that I didn't see coming. I'm expecting the same from civil war.

Yeah, i reckon Black Widow is going to play the Spiderman role of the comics where she switches sides.
  • krakos000
    17261 posts World Class

Yeah, i reckon Black Widow is going to play the Spiderman role of the comics where she switches sides.

Yep that's what I'm thinking. I have no idea if there's gonna be a death for the catalyst of the film like Goliath in the comics. I think Bucky will be the catalyst but in a different way than dying. He may cause a whole bunch of destruction etc. The Russo's did say that the movie is gonna be their own creation rather than straight from the comics.
  • hoban95

Yep that's what I'm thinking. I have no idea if there's gonna be a death for the catalyst of the film like Goliath in the comics. I think Bucky will be the catalyst but in a different way than dying. He may cause a whole bunch of destruction etc. The Russo's did say that the movie is gonna be their own creation rather than straight from the comics.

I think it could be Rhodes that gets killed. I hope they don't go down the route of killing Captain America.
  • krakos000
    17261 posts World Class

I think it could be Rhodes that gets killed. I hope they don't go down the route of killing Captain America.

Ahh idk they keep hinting that in the trailers and I don't think they'd legit show him dead/dying in a trailer if it actually happened. One thing I do notice is they're hinting at bucky shooting him down but if you look closely at the last trailer when they show bucky, he's holding a sniper and is indoors, and Rhodes is already in the air and he gets hit with like an energy blast of sorts. So it's definitely not bucky who shoots him down. Unless he has some energy gun.

Honestly I think they will do it still. Dont think it'll be the same as in the comics but I do think they will kill him or "kill him" since it was a huge part. And when Tony goes to visit his body. I can't wait to see it though.
  • hoban95

Ahh idk they keep hinting that in the trailers and I don't think they'd legit show him dead/dying in a trailer if it actually happened. One thing I do notice is they're hinting at bucky shooting him down but if you look closely at the last trailer when they show bucky, he's holding a sniper and is indoors, and Rhodes is already in the air and he gets hit with like an energy blast of sorts. So it's definitely not bucky who shoots him down. Unless he has some energy gun.

Honestly I think they will do it still. Dont think it'll be the same as in the comics but I do think they will kill him or "kill him" since it was a huge part. And when Tony goes to visit his body. I can't wait to see it though.

Yeah was about to say that i don't think it was Bucky in that shot that actually took down Rhodes.

Ah man i hope they don't kill off Steve, he's my fav character in Marvel cinematic universe and i found the whole death of captain america story a bit iffy.
  • krakos000
    17261 posts World Class

Yeah was about to say that i don't think it was Bucky in that shot that actually took down Rhodes.

Ah man i hope they don't kill off Steve, he's my fav character in Marvel cinematic universe and i found the whole death of captain america story a bit iffy.

I think it may have been Vision since he's the only person I can think of who would be shooting an energy blast ha but he's on Iron Man's side so that doesn't make sense. Maybe it's Crossbones with some crazy gun.

They can bring him back though I'm sure. With doctor strange coming in, I'm sure they can figure it out. But it'd be a hell of an end for the movie.
  • hoban95

I think it may have been Vision since he's the only person I can think of who would be shooting an energy blast ha but he's on Iron Man's side so that doesn't make sense. Maybe it's Crossbones with some crazy gun.

They can bring him back though I'm sure. With doctor strange coming in, I'm sure they can figure it out. But it'd be a hell of an end for the movie.

Yeah maybe

yeah that's also true!
  • Richard
    11396 posts Has That Special Something
    Richard wrote: »
    Dont like Spidey's eyes nor the fact that he is a 12 year old kid.

You know Spiderman is meant to be a young teenager right?

He was 17 in the first comics I think, but still think they should go with a 21 year old-ish spidey for entertainment purposes. I personally do not like these kid hero's.
  • hoban95

He was 17 in the first comics I think, but still think they should go with a 21 year old-ish spidey for entertainment purposes. I personally do not like these kid hero's.

He's been a teenager from the get go. Later in the comics he then went to college. I mean just look at the Ultimate Spiderman comics series. Arguably the greatest running comic of the past 20 years.
  • Richard

He's been a teenager from the get go. Later in the comics he then went to college. I mean just look at the Ultimate Spiderman comics series. Arguably the greatest running comic of the past 20 years.

I am not really thát into comics, but I guess if he's that young in the comics would make sense to make him that young in the movie. Why were the previous Spidey actors 'older'? Has there not been an uproar about this from comic fans?
  • hoban95
    edited March 2016
    hmmm
  • hoban95

I am not really thát into comics, but I guess if he's that young in the comics would make sense to make him that young in the movie. Why were the previous Spidey actors 'older'? Has there not been an uproar about this from comic fans?

I don't know why they were older, A.G. always suited the role imo. Maguire, not so much. And yeah people have always questioned why he was played by people that don't look like teenagers.
  • hoban95
    Into Episode 4 of Daredevil season 2, this is just pure brilliance.
  • Richard

That good? I watched the first episode and did not like it. Seemed really cheap and bad acting.
  • hoban95

That good? I watched the first episode and did not like it. Seemed really cheap and bad acting.

Loving it so far. The Punisher is becoming one of my fav characters ever on screen.
  • Richard

Loving it so far. The Punisher is becoming one of my fav characters ever on screen.

Might start watching it. Paying for Netflix so might aswell use it.
  • JJ
    2796 posts National Call-Up
    DD is **** compared to JJ
  • hoban95
    JJ wrote: »
    DD is **** compared to JJ

Prefer DD so much more to JJ. So much more.
  • hoban95

Do it man, i've become addicted to it. I loved S1 but already this is better simply because of the Punisher.
  • JJ
    2796 posts National Call-Up

Do it man, i've become addicted to it. I loved S1 but already this is better simply because of the Punisher.

Seen the first 2 episodes, not impressed thus far
  • tauras
    3627 posts National Call-Up
    Ye could be amazing.batman is my favourite so looking forward to batman v Superman more.
  • hoban95
    JJ wrote: »

Seen the first 2 episodes, not impressed thus far

Had a similar reaction to JJ tbf, depends on taste.

Loved the first 4 episodes of the new DD season. Thought they were brilliant.
  • hoban95
    tauras wrote: »
    Ye could be amazing.batman is my favourite so looking forward to batman v Superman more.

So hyped for that film. I'm a huge batman fan as well.