Does anybody know what this maintenance...

COACH
20494 posts Club Captain
actually did?

The last maintenance seemed to bring on some heavy opinions about gameplay via some youtubers.

I wonder if this one was similar?

Comments

• Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    Wasn't it only 2 hours
  • Jfo88
    22708 posts Club Captain
    Wasn't it only 2 hours

EA ruined the game secret patch again
    tumblr_lkn3geyaep1qh3tf2o1_400.gif
  • Some hidden patch that everyone will bring allegations with not actual proof.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Just curious and alwasy fun to hear the opinions and crazy theories...

entertaining.gif
  • Marleigh
    2213 posts Fans' Favourite
    maintenance
    the ​work ​needed to ​keep a ​road, ​building, ​machine, etc. in good ​condition

though apparently EA are wizards and can patch a game without anyone needing to download and install anything
  • Orison
    50026 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Ask @HekTic_JukeZ what this maintenance did, he has friends who know everything about all the hidden patches :trollface:
  • Jfo88
    22708 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    Ask @HekTic_JukeZ what this maintenance did, he has friends who know everything about all the hidden patches :trollface:

Yes we need an update from the guy that knows a guy that once talked to a guy at EA
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Marleigh wrote: »
    maintenance
    the ​work ​needed to ​keep a ​road, ​building, ​machine, etc. in good ​condition

though apparently EA are wizards and can patch a game without anyone needing to download and install anything

Thanks @Marleigh
  • Orison
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »

Yes we need an update from the guy that knows a guy that once talked to a guy at EA

I´m already hyped, last year it was "MOTM playboys", now it´s "hidden patch playboyzzzzzzz"
  • Zuka_Zama
    1488 posts Professional
    maintenance

A mod that doesn't even know about server side patches? Might want to educate yourself a bit before you spout off things you have no clue about.
  • Orison
    edited March 2016
    Zuka_Zama wrote: »
    maintenance

A mod that doesn't even know about server side patches? Might want to educate yourself a bit before you spout off things you have no clue about.

You gotta love this :joy: has no proof at all, but already tries to insult everyone who doesn´t believe in hidden patches
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    You guys are treading on thin ice
  • barnseyblade
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    Someone is going to use the word 'nerfed' in regards to something in game after the maintenance.

Nerfed.

What a **** word.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    I believe that the string became disconnected from the tin can in the server room, so that would explain it.
  • Springveldt
    4757 posts National Call-Up
    Probably to make sure that the micro-transaction handling servers are in good running order for the weekend. Kids are going to want to buy a load of packs.
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up

How so?
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain

How so?

I think he means the posts are headed more towards negative implications than friendly conversation.
  • Kamilflage
    5190 posts Big Money Move
    Well the maintenance allowed you to do everything except play an online game...so kinda automatically makes you assume that they did something to gameplay...
    Just saying...
  • Marleigh
    2213 posts Fans' Favourite
    maintenance

How exactly would a server side patch effect gameplay that is played on a peer to peer connection

In order to be able to patch a game server side the client needs to have relevant data stored server side, which it clearly isn't as various modes can be played with no internet connection
  • Whitebeard
    3434 posts National Call-Up
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Well the maintenance allowed you to do everything except play an online game...so kinda automatically makes you assume that they did something to gameplay...
    Just saying...

Because they were maintaining the servers and to play online you need to be connected to them!?
  • Keynote
    1153 posts Professional
    Whitebeard wrote: »
    Just saying...

Because they were maintaining the servers and to play online you need to be connected to them!?

but then why was the market open...im sure you need to be connected to servers to trade...
    You see thats why EA should at least tell us what they did to avoid all of this confusion
  • Whitebeard
    3434 posts National Call-Up
    Keynote wrote: »
    Whitebeard wrote: »
    Just saying...

but then why was the market open...im sure you need to be connected to servers to trade...
    You see thats why EA should at least tell us what they did to avoid all of this confusion

Fair point if that's true. Could be different parts of the server or a different server altogether, dunno.
  • Joe
    4585 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe make every long shot go in? Can't recall the last time my.goalie saved one lol
  • CPW25
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    Someone is going to use the word 'nerfed' in regards to something in game after the maintenance.

Nerfed.

What a **** word.

I hate that word more than almost any other.
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    Seems like they nerfed passing. Also nerfed goalkeepers and pace, maybe also shooting.
  • Andyomazing
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    You want proof they do hidden patches ??

Just look at when taking a corner & you want to pass it to the edge or play short, just look at the starting positions of the opposition defence
  • Lumitesi
    763 posts An Exciting Prospect
    maintenance

How exactly would a server side patch effect gameplay that is played on a peer to peer connection

In order to be able to patch a game server side the client needs to have relevant data stored server side, which it clearly isn't as various modes can be played with no internet connection

I don't exactly know how it works and it may be mostly P2P but at some point the info goes through one of EA's servers. That's why sometimes your connection is stable but you still get kicked and lose, you basically lost connection with EA's servers. So who's to say that it doesn't all go through?
    Or even if there's no info sent to and back from EA's servers during the game, they have sliders and the game could sync the moment you enter FUT. There's alot of ways they can stealthily change the game, don't be naive. (I'm not saying they do, I'm just saying ruling it out makes no sense)
  • Hoosierdaddy76
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    maintenance

Tunables.
  • llukslive
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2016
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    maintenance

I don't exactly know how it works and it may be mostly P2P but at some point the info goes through one of EA's servers. That's why sometimes your connection is stable but you still get kicked and lose, you basically lost connection with EA's servers. So who's to say that it doesn't all go through?
    Or even if there's no info sent to and back from EA's servers during the game, they have sliders and the game could sync the moment you enter FUT. There's alot of ways they can stealthily change the game, don't be naive. (I'm not saying they do, I'm just saying ruling it out makes no sense)

EA can change the game dramatically if they wished to do so without any patches through config files to modify sliders. When you connect to their servers, your console graps the metadata and config data and part of this data can be these settings
    maxresdefault.jpg
    based on these slider settings from the server, your players can miss a lot, or play very well. so the game would feel different. it is possible.

I am a software architect btw.
  • Orison
    llukslive wrote: »
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    maintenance

EA can change the game dramatically if they wished to do so without any patches through config files to modify sliders. When you connect to their servers, your console graps the metadata and config data and part of this data can be these settings
    maxresdefault.jpg
    based on these slider settings from the server, your players can miss a lot, or play very well. so the game would feel different. it is possible.

I am a software architect btw.

And what would be the point to change it for some people and don't change it for many many others?