I made a mistake [EA has no shame, awful company].

Ewanos
617 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited March 2016
I'm afraid I already know the answer to this story....

I accidentally put up an IF Long for 9.6K BIN while I was playing around with the prices on the Companion App. I set the start price to 28K and the BIN to 32K. I pressed: 'place on transfer list' and it get's put up with 9.500/9.600 prices.

Has anyone had experience with this? I feel mugged and I want to investigate any opportunities to get compensated (if there are any).
Post edited by Ewanos on

Comments

• Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    You probably missed a 0 on the long
  • iflynno
    931 posts Semi-Pro
    You mean you listed him for 9.6k BIN by mistake and have made up some story.
  • downey01
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Happended to me with IF Laporte. Sold for 12k instead of 90k few months back lol. Shupid app on iphone
  • Ewanos
    Uberman656 wrote: »

This could be it. Maybe exceeded his maximum price range and I think it sets it to the lowest automatically then. In that split second it was set back I didn't look and pressed 'place on transfer list'.

Lost 35K now.

Would it be worthwhile to try and get on live chat with EA?
  • M98H
    13153 posts Has That Special Something
    iflynno wrote: »

Always 1 doubter......
  • Ewanos

No.
  • Ewanos
    downey01 wrote: »
    Happended to me with IF Laporte. Sold for 12k instead of 90k few months back lol. Shupid app on iphone

Ouch that hurts. Did you do anything about it?
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something

Nah, the iPhone app has a few quirks when it comes to default pricing and handling invalid inputs. I've accidentally listed things for min/min+1, thankfully nothing this pricey.

Contact support. But don't be surprised if all you get is a couple free packs. Gotta be careful when listing!
  • Ewanos
    heavymcd wrote: »

Nah, the iPhone app has a few quirks when it comes to default pricing and handling invalid inputs. I've accidentally listed things for min/min+1, thankfully nothing this pricey.

Contact support. But don't be surprised if all you get is a couple free packs. Gotta be careful when listing!

Aye it sucks, especially since I'm trading my way to a Messi and I've been sitting on this Long for quite some time. Odd sentence.

Anyway I'll contact EA tomorrow and update this thread when I get any info.
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    Best of luck with this. Keep going. Messi is immense!
  • jbunnerz
    1290 posts Professional
    What are you getting compensation for? You made a mistake no one else. Sorry seems harsh or blunt but that is fair
  • downey01
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No, just accepted sh*t like this happens. My phone / thumb / app had a spasm then laporte was on market before i knew it. Obv snapped up instantly
  • Ewanos
    jbunnerz wrote: »
    What are you getting compensation for? You made a mistake no one else. Sorry seems harsh or blunt but that is fair

I get your point of view and in someway I agree.

On the other hand I think I have a point too. It's not very user friendly when you select a higher price than the range allows, causing the price to reset to the lowest possible. The distance to the 'place on transfer list' button is minimal causing mistakes like this one.

It would be much more user friendly if you selected your price and when pressing 'place on transfer list' that it would deny this and tell you the price exceeds the possible range for that player. And then you'd just change it manually and retry.

Don't you agree?
  • holdenwait
    57873 posts National Treasure
    EA is notoriously user unfriendly tho, they have no intention of making it a more pleasant experience for the users, cause money keeps rolling regardless what.
  • Manutelli
    18857 posts World Class
    EA don't force you to use the app
  • Fletch
    3440 posts National Call-Up
    No chance and rightly so
  • jbunnerz
    1290 posts Professional
    Ewanos wrote: »

I get your point of view and in someway I agree.

On the other hand I think I have a point too. It's not very user friendly when you select a higher price than the range allows, causing the price to reset to the lowest possible. The distance to the 'place on transfer list' button is minimal causing mistakes like this one.

It would be much more user friendly if you selected your price and when pressing 'place on transfer list' that it would deny this and tell you the price exceeds the possible range for that player. And then you'd just change it manually and retry.

Don't you agree?

I agree it is not user friendly but to compensate for an app which you do not have to use not being user friendly is excessive. Just think on a practical level if they compensated all people who sold below the market price
  • llukslive
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2016
    Manutelli wrote: »

Honda didn't force you to drive their faulty car, so when you get in an accident due to the car's malfunction, then it is your fault because they didn't force you to drive it, right???

it's god's/evolution's fault for producing stupid people on this planet!!!! whichever you believe in
  • truegunn3r
    9084 posts Has That Special Something
    You should always put the start price up first and then see if the BIN price gets adjusted before you set the BIN.
  • truegunn3r
    llukslive wrote: »

Honda didn't force you to drive their faulty car, so when you get in an accident due to the car's malfunction, then it is your fault because they didn't force you to drive it, right???

it's god's/evolution's fault for producing stupid people on this planet!!!! whichever you believe in
    Calm down kiddo!
  • Manutelli
    18857 posts World Class

You pay for something so you expect it to work and someone is expected to deliver a product without faults..
    Do you pay for the app?

Nice comparison there pal....
  • truegunn3r
    edited March 2016
    Uberman656 wrote: »

That's why I always count the zeros as I tap them in. So for example if I am listing for 100k BIN, I will count from 1-5 when tapping the zero button
  • jbunnerz
    1290 posts Professional

The app isn't faulty it just isn't the most user friendly. Do you pay for the app? When i crossed a road earlier i had to press the button twice as the button was a bit stuck so the green man appeared. Am i entitled to compensation?
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    I bought a non rare Fonte for 12 G if it makes you feel any better.
  • Ewanos

Spuit 11.
  • Ewanos

The app isn't faulty it just isn't the most user friendly. Do you pay for the app? When i crossed a road earlier i had to press the button twice as the button was a bit stuck so the green man appeared. Am i entitled to compensation?

I doubt I'll get any compensation at all. But I'm thinking with my point concerning the user-friendliness of the app I might get something. Even if it's just the 20K i bought him for (minus 9.6K).
  • Ewanos
    Minty89 wrote: »
    I bought a non rare Fonte for 12 G if it makes you feel any better.

Very painful. How did it happen?
  • llukslive
    truegunn3r wrote: »

Calm down kiddo!

does it make you feel special to call people who are old enough to be your parent a kiddo?
  • llukslive

You pay for something so you expect it to work and someone is expected to deliver a product without faults..
    Do you pay for the app?

Nice comparison there pal....

yes of course you pay for the app. it is a software package and it is advertised as such.

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/features/companion-app

it's god's/evolution's (whichever you believe in) fault for producing stupid people on this planet!!!!
  • NooBish AbbZ
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ive done it a few times. Man up, move on, unfortunately.