Guide to the Christmas Tree Formation: 4-3-2-1

Comments

• wijnaldum16
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    Tried a front 3 of SIF Martial, Kluivert and Laudrup...the games were against me
  • xciljw
    5083 posts Big Money Move
    SSS wrote: »
    I'm going to try a new forward line. The only one I've really clicked with so far is Reus -Auba-Robben but can't settle on a second team. How do you think either of the below would work? Any you'd suggest instead for similar value (I didn't do well with Neymar).

SIF Kono - SIF Griezmann - Bale
    Or
    SIF Kono - Benzema - SIF Griezmann

@SSS Both will be fine. But think Benzema is harder to push off the ball so I will go with number 2.
  • xciljw
    TNeves95 wrote: »
    Great guide, mate!

Do you think Lahm would work as CCM? He would be better for chemistry in my squad.

@TNeves95 Yes he will work there.
  • xciljw
    Tried a front 3 of SIF Martial, Kluivert and Laudrup...the games were against me

@wijnaldum16 Sounds like a good attack. Laudrup is not really a RF though, but guess if you know how to use him he could do the job. Too bad it did not really work out. :(
  • wijnaldum16
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    xciljw wrote: »

@wijnaldum16 Sounds like a good attack. Laudrup is not really a RF though, but guess if you know how to use him he could do the job. Too bad it did not really work out. :(

This was the team:

9IhHxQp.jpg?1

Could have been better obviously, but just built it with players in my club. Don't think 2 H/L's up top is a very good idea.
  • NooBish AbbZ
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    just posting to say the 4-2-3-1 is the actual christmas tree formation. The 4-3-2-1 is simply a triangle.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13214 posts Has That Special Something
    these teams are great

e49d255bbd7cf5d744f72e653f125d18.png
    66f26dfe5021c11b3e3c6f327525c12d.png
    69d8c4954afb881f607198082806a93e.png
  • SSS
    435 posts An Exciting Prospect

Out of curiosity - what do you feel like he's missing for RF?
  • where would be the best place for Gullit in this formation? CCM or striker? I have SIF Bale and 88 Neymar at striker with NIF Modric, SIF Bruno and Perez at midfield (and about 1 mill in coin left)
  • What custom settings do you use please? (If any)
  • Claicon
    2312 posts Fans' Favourite
    Guys, i need your help! I want to build a new team (some changes to my current one). I built this but i have my doubts on that IF Ramsey in the CCM spot. He has a height of 177cm but i prefer someone with 185cm+ at this position. What do you guys think? Some people use player like Modric in CCM but that's not good...

50eed509b95ec826cd5ed2ffbe93fe24.jpg
  • Dap
    81 posts Park Captain
    What instructions/tactics do you guys use for this formation?
  • cem1998
    58 posts Park Captain
    these teams are great

e49d255bbd7cf5d744f72e653f125d18.png

Hows SIF Martial, wanting to try him out.
  • Loke1
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hi @xciljw.

My team took at turn toward Spain with this set up.

6ddf0e7d4b8e1ce3ce47954940680655.png
    Loke1 wrote: »
    Hi @xciljw.

My team took at turn toward Spain with this set up. But than I need some advice again. How do I make this work? What would you have done with this?

@Loke1

The team looks excellent. Maybe not full chem but it has high quality players. I guess I would just sit it out and wait till it starts working. Just play calm, don't overrush things and just make sure you play to the basics. It should have nothing to do with the team or formation, especially if it was working before. Most important is being aware of what you are exactly doing when things are not going the right way.

@xciljw

Hi again. I was mostly wondering if you would do something with the midfielders to fix the chemistry, or change Reus with Neymar og Ronaldo? What do you think? All the best.
  • cem1998
    58 posts Park Captain
    Hi @xciljw.

My team took at turn toward Spain with this set up.

Hi @xciljw.

My team took at turn toward Spain with this set up. But than I need some advice again. How do I make this work? What would you have done with this?

@Loke1

The team looks excellent. Maybe not full chem but it has high quality players. I guess I would just sit it out and wait till it starts working. Just play calm, don't overrush things and just make sure you play to the basics. It should have nothing to do with the team or formation, especially if it was working before. Most important is being aware of what you are exactly doing when things are not going the right way.

@xciljw

Hi again. I was mostly wondering if you would do something with the midfielders to fix the chemistry, or change Reus with Neymar og Ronaldo? What do you think? All the best.

Hi Loke1, changing the positions of Vidal and Castro would give both Vidal and Castro full chemistry, as Vidal doesn't have full chemistry at the moment :) Another Idea would be to change Reus with Neymar, put Vidal as your LCM, and put UP Rakitic as your CM. I have Rakitic and he has been amazing for me, he has 9 goals and 18 assists for me in 35 games. Great record considering most my goals come from Bale, Benzema, and Neymar.
  • cem1998
    58 posts Park Captain
    Claicon wrote: »
    Guys, i need your help! I want to build a new team (some changes to my current one). I built this but i have my doubts on that IF Ramsey in the CCM spot. He has a height of 177cm but i prefer someone with 185cm+ at this position. What do you guys think? Some people use player like Modric in CCM but that's not good...

Put Vidal as LCM, and then Neymar as LF, and Rakitic as CM. Similar advice to what I told Loke1 (mentioned above)
  • klickx
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 2016
    I am playing with this Team atm. I know Iniesta isnt the best choice. Dont know who can replace him. Or any other changes?

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160304/gakwmod5.jpg

The Budget is the Team +15k. Would like to keep Bale and Neymar.

Dont know how to put the picture in.
    Post edited by klickx on
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13214 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 2016

how much do you have to spend?
  • DoctorRob
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Out of curiosity, can this formation be effective for someone who is terrible at skilling? I am an avid bundesliga follower and have my main team in 4411 right now, but I am having trouble getting the team to click. I really want to find a team that can get Lewandowski, muller, and reus/robben involved and clicking, but without being a good skiller I am afraid if I try to switch to 4321 I am going to end up limited up top without playing a really counterattacking or sweaty playstyle (which I really don't want to do, I like 4411 because I can play close to a real footballing style).

Tldr: is this formation ok if you don't skill much with wingers, especially for a bundesliga team?
  • JamesoLFC
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    need help on a squad got 2mil to spend? any suggestions
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    DoctorRob wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, can this formation be effective for someone who is terrible at skilling? I am an avid bundesliga follower and have my main team in 4411 right now, but I am having trouble getting the team to click. I really want to find a team that can get Lewandowski, muller, and reus/robben involved and clicking, but without being a good skiller I am afraid if I try to switch to 4321 I am going to end up limited up top without playing a really counterattacking or sweaty playstyle (which I really don't want to do, I like 4411 because I can play close to a real footballing style).

Tldr: is this formation ok if you don't skill much with wingers, especially for a bundesliga team?

I'm by no means a skiller. Ball rolls and fake shots are about all I do, more of a passer.

I find that this formation is the best for that because of how narrow the front is compared to that of 433 variations where you will need to create\skill more
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    @xciljw or anyone.

Would a midfield of:

TOTY Iniesta Busquets TOTY Modric

Work? Thanks!
  • DSD27
    5770 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2016
    the true christmas tree (4321) which Ancelotti became knonw for at AC Milan had 2 CAMs behing the striker, and not RF and LF, and defence wasn't certainly a weakness.
    OnCwHYK.png

http://www.italianfootballdaily.com/calcio-tactics-through-time-carlo-ancelottis-milan-unfinished/

This formation in FIFA isn't the christmas three formation like this guide names it, sadly Fifa doesn't have it...
  • Remzy69
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ecr8on wrote: »
    @xciljw or anyone.

Would a midfield of:

TOTY Iniesta Busquets TOTY Modric

Work? Thanks!

That is the best midfield you can build IMO. I had regular Iniesta - Busquets - Modric, played awesome. So imagine having the TOTY's there.
  • Remzy69
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm currently on fire with this formation. Been testing it in Div 1 on H2H and have gone on a 8-0-0 streak.

I used Barcelona like this:

Neymar - Suarez - Messi
    Iniesta - Busquets - Rakitic
    Alba - Mascherano - Pique - Alves

LF + RF: Get in behind (Neymar + Messi)
    CCM: Stay back (Busquets)
    LB + RB: Stay back (Alba + Alves)

CT's:

70/25/FF
    70/20/55/FF
    85/75/25/C

Thinking of trying it out in FUT now as well.
    The latest patch really made high pressure more OP. This formation was crap for me a month ago, but since the patch it's just sick.
  • Shadow19
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 2016
    So i decided to take a better look at the guide and made changes based on work rates and came up with this :
    untitled_zpsdkpuda0m.jpg

Now i cant really choose between Remy or Martial in the LF spot, i was gonna use Martial's LM IF which seem's perfect for that position but its too expensive

My budget is 86,000 atm and this team seems to just about make it from what i could see on the in game market, would also appreciate some help on what subs to use

Post edited by Shadow19 on
  • xciljw
    Will get back to all your questions later. Little busy with exams this week. I am that bad at planning that I am studying day and night unfortunately. Feel free to help each other out.
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    That is the best midfield you can build IMO. I had regular Iniesta - Busquets - Modric, played awesome. So imagine having the TOTY's there.

Thanks, yeah this really starting clicking for me too. Played it a bunch in 14, but it really didn't work for me this year til I used It in the mls cup this weekend.
  • Claicon
    2312 posts Fans' Favourite
    Guys, anyone used Gattuso at CCM? Looks decent but a bit worried about his height (and very low jumping in the 50'). I want to save some coins on him instead of going with Effenberg, this card looks insane but i can't afford IF Costa & Lewy anymore.
  • peeze8
    6 posts Ball Boy
    Guys, anyone used Gattuso at CCM? Looks decent but a bit worried about his height (and very low jumping in the 50'). I want to save some coins on him instead of going with Effenberg, this card looks insane but i can't afford IF Costa & Lewy anymore.

I tried Rino Gattuso at CDM position using 4-2-3-1 formation and wouldn't recommended him.

He feels much slower on the pitch than his stats are.

His shooting and dribbling are terrible.

His a good tackler and makes impressive appearance on the pitch, but I wouldn't pay 280k for only that.

I think from Serie A players, De Rossi and Khedira are much better at CCM position.