Why do people play like this?

Remzy69
2102 posts Fans' Favourite
So I just faced a guy who played 5-2-3. I score the opening goal, guy switches to all out attack and manages to score 2 lucky crosses that bounced off my GK, watching the replays, pausing the game 3 times. Then he just keeps passing the ball around with his 5 defenders and GK and when I try to pressure him, he just shields the ball and passes it back to the GK. This was minute 50...... OMG, why would you be such a ❤️❤️❤️❤️? I quitted the game at minute 80, this is no fun man. I face these types of players more and more often. As soon as they get a lead, they start being a ❤️❤️❤️❤️, passing the ball around with their defenders and shielding at the corner for the rest of the game.
So annoying, you guys have this too at times?

Comments

• Denisianes
    8152 posts League Winner
    For many people winning means more than anything else. I have met those players and sometimes they do get the win after wasting time and all, but when you turn them around and after that proceed to do the same and they RQ in the 90th min, it's a wonderfull feeling.
  • Remzy69
    Denisianes wrote: »
    For many people winning means more than anything else. I have met those players and sometimes they do get the win after wasting time and all, but when you turn them around and after that proceed to do the same and they RQ in the 90th min, it's a wonderfull feeling.
    How do you ever get the ball back? It was impossible to pressure his 5 defenders with 2 players :(
  • Boomhauer
    1053 posts Professional
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    So I just faced a guy who played 5-2-3. I score the opening goal, guy switches to all out attack and manages to score 2 lucky crosses that bounced off my GK, watching the replays, pausing the game 3 times. Then he just keeps passing the ball around with his 5 defenders and GK and when I try to pressure him, he just shields the ball and passes it back to the GK. This was minute 50...... OMG, why would you be such a ❤️❤️❤️❤️? I quitted the game at minute 80, this is no fun man. I face these types of players more and more often. As soon as they get a lead, they start being a ❤️❤️❤️❤️, passing the ball around with their defenders and shielding at the corner for the rest of the game.

What division? The replays this year with walking back to half way line is a joke.
  • Denisianes
    8152 posts League Winner
    I'm not sure if EA have implemented something (doubtful) or they get too excited, but their passes become very inaccurate after a while. Also you can always go all out attack and you will have more than 2 players.
  • Boomhauer
    1053 posts Professional

Too many people use cheap nonsense now, a player scores a lucky goal and does a sssshhhhh celebration, nothing better than turning around and banging in 5 and ssshhhhhing him back tho.
  • Remzy69
    Boomhauer wrote: »

What division? The replays this year with walking back to half way line is a joke.

Div 1. He even had a Div1 winner kit, so he has won Div 1 playing this style I guess. I don't mind watching the replay, but just continue after that man, they wait until everyone is back at the midline and even then it takes ages before you can kick off.
    It's obvious that he was willing to do everything for a win. It was a lucky win as well imo, 2 rebound goals. Just 3xtap cross in the box and hope it bounces of the GK and lands in the feet of Sturbridge. He did it 2 times :D
  • Remzy69

Too many people use cheap nonsense now, a player scores a lucky goal and does a sssshhhhh celebration, nothing better than turning around and banging in 5 and ssshhhhhing him back tho.

I agree, have to admit I shush people back at times. But this guy was just impossible. I don't mind rage quitting such games tho, no fun in it for me. I'm not the guy who likes to chase the ball for 45 mins.
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2016
    This happens all too often for me in div 1-3. Seasons really has become not interesting to me anymore because of it and I haven't even won div 1 yet.

Just don't understand, what's the point of playing a game if you don't care to learn it properly.
  • llukslive
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I agree, have to admit I shush people back at times. But this guy was just impossible. I don't mind rage quitting such games tho, no fun in it for me. I'm not the guy who likes to chase the ball for 45 mins.

they play like this because the game is total crap and many of the goals ar enothing but luck. People spam shots and crosses from anywhere they can, and when they get lucky, they think they are good. Once you get a head, the best option to avoid this game's nonsense and to acquire a cheap win is to park the bus, pass the ball around. I have seen many do it and I understand why. They are desperate for a win because of the total ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that happens during the game. Many don't even enjoy this game anymore , so at least they are trying to get a win out of it, because if the gameplay was truly fun, they would at least play the game.
  • Boomhauer
    1053 posts Professional

I have never done a sssshhhh first, not my thing but I will ssssshhhhh back. You would expect a better class of player in D1 when you say he had the winners kit already, strange why people are such clowns.
  • DonMega
    1256 posts Professional
    edited March 2016
    This is why I don't play seasons and stick to tourneys. I want to play football not rugby.

My classmates play this way, they only care about winning and don't shy away from that fact.

If there is an easy way to win people will exploit it.
  • Boomhauer
    1053 posts Professional
    DonMega wrote: »
    This is why I don't play seasons and stick to tourneys. I want to play football not rugby.

My classmates play this way, they only care about winning and don't shy away from that fact.

I don't play much seasons anymore but you still get it in the cup unfortunately.
  • DonMega
    1256 posts Professional
    You do, but not as frequently. H2H seasons is the best though.
  • Boomhauer
    1053 posts Professional

I get bored of playing with same teams, I enjoy trying new players but H2H is by far better gameplay.
  • DonMega
    1256 posts Professional

I get bored of playing with same teams, I enjoy trying new players but H2H is by far better gameplay.

Same here unfortunately :'(
  • Ginch goes u90
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How do you ever get the ball back? It was impossible to pressure his 5 defenders with 2 players :(

You need to force them to go forward. Switch to ultra attacking and press the keeper. place a forward between the defenders and the gk and use teammate contain to press from the front while you manually cut the passing lanes from behind. This will either cause them to move up field or if they're on ultra d or ptb they'll need to make perfect one touch passes with stagnant defenders resulting in some big turnover/counter chances

It takes a lot of practice and is super frustrating to deal with, but it's a strategy you need to know how to nullify if you want to be competetive in any situation. You don't learn anything from quitting
  • Boomhauer
    1053 posts Professional

You need to force them to go forward. Switch to ultra attacking and press the keeper. place a forward between the defenders and the gk and use teammate contain to press from the front while you manually cut the passing lanes from behind. This will either cause them to move up field or if they're on ultra d or ptb they'll need to make perfect one touch passes with stagnant defenders resulting in some big turnover/counter chances

It takes a lot of practice and is super frustrating to deal with, but it's a strategy you need to know how to nullify if you want to be competetive in any situation. You don't learn anything from quitting

Horrible that it's a must tho.
  • DonMega
    1256 posts Professional

You are right. But, the op did not say he was quitting fifa or he never wins against them. It's just thats its NOT FUN to play against, regardless of how you counter it.
  • Lightsapo
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes, those people are... I don't find the words.
    It's a game, just play. Really don't understand them.
  • losers in real life, losers behind screens %100
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    Had someone doing the exact thing you're talking about.

Shielding the ball and passing at the back. I equalized after tackling him. Pauses and sends me a msg "Get cancer"...

Those types of people only care about winning. They will try to exploit anything possible to win.
  • JJJ7
    471 posts Sunday League Hero
    This year Im only in division 5 as I rarely play seasons just friendlies and even though I have a lot less coins than last year the game is a lot more fun in online friendlies
  • Ginch goes u90
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special

You are right. But, the op did not say he was quitting fifa or he never wins against them. It's just thats its NOT FUN to play against, regardless of how you counter it.

He said in his original post he QUIT IN THE 80TH MINUTE, then in a reply asked HOW DO YOU EVER GET THE BALL BACK.

• bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2016

If there is an easy way to win people will exploit it.

i do not like seasons at all, i am in div 2 , played 3 games won one and drew 2. I cannot remember the last time i played seasons... Maybe i will try it out again later.

There is no fun there. I play tourneys and friendly's all the time. I have 80 wins in seasons and i have 720 plus wins in tourneys/friendly's ....I build teams and use them for tourneys
  • Boomhauer
    1053 posts Professional
    Aspral wrote: »
    Had someone doing the exact thing you're talking about.

Shielding the ball and passing at the back. I equalized after tackling him. Pauses and sends me a msg "Get cancer"...

Those types of people only care about winning. They will try to exploit anything possible to win.

Hope you reported the little ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • big_man
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    The messagess i dont mind, they make me laugh but tbose type of antics in game infuriate so much
  • Remzy69

Thanks for this, will try that next time before I give up :)
  • CovLee_Candice
    4529 posts National Call-Up
    that ❤️❤️❤️❤️ must be read this one mate :D

http://www.futhead.com/guides/528/how-to-win-every-single-game-in-fut/

btw I am not using it because

I am not so desperate with to use this kind of tactic
  • Fleshgod
    872 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I played a guy today who used his kinect for a mic. It's bad enough to have to listen to him narrate the game for the first thirty minutes, but then he got a phone call - which he answered and then took 3 full consecutive pauses to talk to his friend. That bothered me. Won the game though - mostly fueled by how pissed I was
  • roovzy
    802 posts An Exciting Prospect
    With a formation like 4321 you can instruct the top 3 to Press the Back Line and they'll do it themselves. You can control each of the other players starting with the midfielders where you select and manually move up a little then switch to another while pumping teammate contain to keep them all pressing and so on until you have many players all pressing.

I'm sure you know the other tools available to you for example high pressure tactics, team pressing on the d-pad, CBs join the attack on the dpad, etc.