4-3-1-2 Formation Guide (Feb 2016 Update!!!)

Comments

• COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Dunk wrote: »
    COACH wrote: »
    Right will explain my absence I basically lost passion to play the game for a bit and played it more casually (Basically clubs with mates lol )

But after taking a step back and not caring as much i've found myself wanting to play it again so i'm back!!! have new things tested and new ways of setting up instructions and I'll try my best to get in the thread daily :)

Anyway after pulling TOTY Pogba and TOTY Iniesta I had some good amount of coin and ended up with 2 Serie A teams as I'm still that boring yet love the setup :D

c44b89866a2dc7f8a19ccdd17b41144b.png

&

5086960cb52b8f9bdb213ceb5e92fd8d.png

So basically have some pointers to add on top of the OPs info.

Regardless of lack of width, always tell your full backs to stay back. This lack of width in the formation hurts you way more defensively than offensively. I use the likes of Dani Alves and he plays fine like this so work rates shouldn't effect them much.

The Midfield unit I still feel relies heavily on a harder working setup, having at least one H/H in there somewhere is a must!!! there has to be one player in that trio who dedicates himself to defending as much as attacking.

As for CCMs i'm a lot more confident in playing a M/M who can act like a deep lying playmaker. They are found in more space and more time on the ball and it pays off for me as my attacks can be more passing based and less direct!

again I tell all 3 to stay back if these guys over commit you'll find yourself in trouble.

Now you may think telling 7 players to stay back is odd and wouldn't result in much offence but it does trust me. The CAM/CF (I really need to put forward the fact it should be CF) is still as pivotal in this setup as he will act as a target for the midfield to pass it up to. Tell the CAM to stay forward and to get in the box for crosses and he'll get chances all game long.

As for STs, if you have a pacier striker who is a blessed finisher (Laca, Aguero, Tevez etc) Have them stay central and get in behind, a pacier striker who may be a better dribbler and more like a winger, have them drift wide and get in behind. Both setups benefits each type of player as their pace is used well in both positions. I say have them drift wide because if their finishing is poor, they will waste opportunities for you (Having that feeling at the moment with IF Salah even though his finishing is decent).

Slower STs, stay central and target man. playing them as TMs allows you to manually choose when they run (By doing the LB pass to set them off) and benefits you as you dictate when they go forward and hope to get a chance. Also helps with a pacier ST who may have drifted wide and a CF/CAM who may make a run past the TM striker.

Since the latest patch it feels like you can get more time on the ball and it makes passing build ups more useful, even makes holding up play more of a skill as you can literally take time to wait for runs and to pick a right pass!

again sorry for my absence but I'm back!! will maybe try get a few clips showing off some of this stuff from above :)

Great work as always...

I am running this now. I start in a 4321 and then switch to 4312. I love it but it has felt a little off. Never thought to have all my CMS stay back.

What CTs?

CTs ?

Custom Tactics

Oh I don't do any really, the only thing tactically I do which I should reiterate more often cause it makes a difference is I use Offside traps often to squash the oppositions area to pass in.

But if you don't use custom tactics the default setting us already on offside trap.

Maybe that's why you need to have all cms stay back.

Offside trap isn't a tactic it's a move your back line does, they push up when you press it and step up to catch players offside.

No I get that but in the default settings it has your back line always set that way so I wonder what affect that has...
  • Dunk
    2012 posts Fans' Favourite
    Right will explain my absence I basically lost passion to play the game for a bit and played it more casually (Basically clubs with mates lol )

But after taking a step back and not caring as much i've found myself wanting to play it again so i'm back!!! have new things tested and new ways of setting up instructions and I'll try my best to get in the thread daily :)

Anyway after pulling TOTY Pogba and TOTY Iniesta I had some good amount of coin and ended up with 2 Serie A teams as I'm still that boring yet love the setup :D

c44b89866a2dc7f8a19ccdd17b41144b.png

&

5086960cb52b8f9bdb213ceb5e92fd8d.png

So basically have some pointers to add on top of the OPs info.

Regardless of lack of width, always tell your full backs to stay back. This lack of width in the formation hurts you way more defensively than offensively. I use the likes of Dani Alves and he plays fine like this so work rates shouldn't effect them much.

The Midfield unit I still feel relies heavily on a harder working setup, having at least one H/H in there somewhere is a must!!! there has to be one player in that trio who dedicates himself to defending as much as attacking.

As for CCMs i'm a lot more confident in playing a M/M who can act like a deep lying playmaker. They are found in more space and more time on the ball and it pays off for me as my attacks can be more passing based and less direct!

again I tell all 3 to stay back if these guys over commit you'll find yourself in trouble.

Now you may think telling 7 players to stay back is odd and wouldn't result in much offence but it does trust me. The CAM/CF (I really need to put forward the fact it should be CF) is still as pivotal in this setup as he will act as a target for the midfield to pass it up to. Tell the CAM to stay forward and to get in the box for crosses and he'll get chances all game long.

As for STs, if you have a pacier striker who is a blessed finisher (Laca, Aguero, Tevez etc) Have them stay central and get in behind, a pacier striker who may be a better dribbler and more like a winger, have them drift wide and get in behind. Both setups benefits each type of player as their pace is used well in both positions. I say have them drift wide because if their finishing is poor, they will waste opportunities for you (Having that feeling at the moment with IF Salah even though his finishing is decent).

Slower STs, stay central and target man. playing them as TMs allows you to manually choose when they run (By doing the LB pass to set them off) and benefits you as you dictate when they go forward and hope to get a chance. Also helps with a pacier ST who may have drifted wide and a CF/CAM who may make a run past the TM striker.

Since the latest patch it feels like you can get more time on the ball and it makes passing build ups more useful, even makes holding up play more of a skill as you can literally take time to wait for runs and to pick a right pass!

again sorry for my absence but I'm back!! will maybe try get a few clips showing off some of this stuff from above :)

Great work as always...

I am running this now. I start in a 4321 and then switch to 4312. I love it but it has felt a little off. Never thought to have all my CMS stay back.

What CTs?

CTs ?

Custom Tactics

Oh I don't do any really, the only thing tactically I do which I should reiterate more often cause it makes a difference is I use Offside traps often to squash the oppositions area to pass in.

But if you don't use custom tactics the default setting us already on offside trap.

Maybe that's why you need to have all cms stay back.

Offside trap isn't a tactic it's a move your back line does, they push up when you press it and step up to catch players offside.

No I get that but in the default settings it has your back line always set that way so I wonder what affect that has...

Oh right, well it's mostly the 2 CBs who take part in it as full backs naturally push up a bit.

But for example at an opponents kick off, i'd do it just to cause havoc for an opponent if they try to sprint from kick off.

There's a method to the madness :D
  • xCOLLISx
    520 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wanted to give this a go as I was getting a bit bored of the 41212(2).

Built the following:

Main

62d645f70410c8233c3967b57dd4410d.png

Fitness

569b360e3bf7d72a3ee098140a7064b3.png

Hopefully longer term I can get Suarez and Iniesta for my main team.

Would like IF Biglia for the fitness team but that's not particularly important.
  • Dunk
    I like Biglia a lot, great player.
  • Dunk, could you please build a team either with Messi or with Neymar, cant afford both.
  • NicklasFreier
    67 posts Park Captain
    edited February 2016
    Hey @Dunk !
    Im wondering whereever I should change my two current teams..
    Currently I got following squads:
    Aguero - Hazard
    De Bruyne
    Marchisio - Fernandinho - Ramsey
    Alex Sandro - Chiellini - Otamendi - Walker

&
    Lacazette - IF Ben Yedder
    Di Maria
    Vidal - Matuidi - IF Tolisso
    Alaba - Boateng - Silva - Aurier.

First team is doing really good in the attack, and Marchisio, Sandro, Chiellini and walker are doing excellent.. Only problem is the BPL side imo.. 2nd team is just not working at all, except from Vidal, Alaba and Boateng..
    I think that the midfielders of Serie A is the best for this formation (except from Vidal)
    So I'm thinking about making these 2 teams:
    2l8gnsl.png
    &
    30sa5pz.png
    Would it be a good idea? And is there anything you would change in these two teams?

Edit: Will use Alex Sandro over Zuniga ofc, and probably handanovic instead of buffon as well..

Not sure about that Bale-Griez-isco trio, could maybe mix the team and go for SIF kruse-reus-aubameyang/Robben?
    Which would you prefer? Open for other trios as well
    Post edited by NicklasFreier on
  • Ewanos
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What PI's and CT's do you use?
  • Dunk
    Ewanos wrote: »
    What PI's and CT's do you use?

PIs are on the last page and I don't use CTs :P
  • Baxtie
    857 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Main:
    SIF Handanovic
    Sandro-Chiellini-IF Manolas-Up Florenzi
    Pogba-Effenberg-Pereyra
    IF Tevez
    SIF Dybala-UP Aguero

Fitness:
    De Santis
    Zuniga-Barzagli-Cannavaro-Up Peres
    Izco-IF Biglia-Morales
    Pastore
    Villalva-Di Maria
  • Cahir85
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great guide. Started using this over the last week and had really helped with my game play. Helping me keep the ball and create more of a passing style game :)
  • Cantona84
    7578 posts League Winner
    Players instructions for this formation?
  • Baxtie
    Baxtie wrote: »
    Main:
    SIF Handanovic
    Pogba-Effenberg-Pereyra
    IF Tevez
    SIF Dybala-UP Aguero

Fitness:
    De Santis
    Izco-IF Biglia-Morales
    Pastore
    Villalva-Di Maria

@Dunk...

What do you think about this formations? Can I improve it or is it good as well? The two striker are completing themselves? I get less goals from my striker 50 games 20goals... What's wrong? Striker institutions wrong? Dybala go wide and behind, aguero center.
    Pogba or marchisio or IF Naingolan?
  • Bridge-DK
    76 posts Park Captain
    Do you guys play this formation with a possession or counter attacking approach?

I have tested the formation with my strikers as run in behind and afterwards stay wide, and actually I prefer not having them running in behind, as I feel they get lost from the game..

This tactic has taken me to the division 1, and I am really not above average at this game. But the formation has made a huge difference for my game play, and I really enjoy it. Thanks for a nice guide @Dunk !
  • Baxtie
    edited March 2016
    I play full counter. Works good. But you need a very good keeper, a solid defense and a huge stamina in midfield. St has to be changed during 65min...
    Then you can counter if you organize your custom tactics right
    @Bridge-DK
    I score more goals with my cam, and cm as my st.
  • Dunk
    Main:
    SIF Handanovic
    Pogba-Effenberg-Pereyra
    IF Tevez
    SIF Dybala-UP Aguero

Fitness:
    De Santis
    Izco-IF Biglia-Morales
    Pastore
    Villalva-Di Maria

@Dunk...

What do you think about this formations? Can I improve it or is it good as well? The two striker are completing themselves? I get less goals from my striker 50 games 20goals... What's wrong? Striker institutions wrong? Dybala go wide and behind, aguero center.
    Pogba or marchisio or IF Naingolan?

Tevez LST, Dybala CAM, treat the CAM as a 3rd striker and as the striker who will score the most/get the most chances, Tevezs H/H doesn't help here
  • Dunk
    Bridge-DK wrote: »
    Do you guys play this formation with a possession or counter attacking approach?

I have tested the formation with my strikers as run in behind and afterwards stay wide, and actually I prefer not having them running in behind, as I feel they get lost from the game..

This tactic has taken me to the division 1, and I am really not above average at this game. But the formation has made a huge difference for my game play, and I really enjoy it. Thanks for a nice guide @Dunk !

Glad you enjoy the formation, my playstyle is a more counter based approach with a high tempo'd passing. Like to cause panic lol
  • Justin7
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Dunk Thanks for the guide, very good read!
    Is there any chance you could make me a team that you think is best suited to your guide and the best players you've personally used with 950k on Xbox please?
  • Raymondo123
    1680 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Dunk currently used your guide too but this team,

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/10403845/

Any improvements you think?
  • Cahir85
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite

Di Maria Cam?
  • Hardbody
    12 posts Ball Boy
    does anyone use custom tactics for this formation? also is there anything I should change to this team?? http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/10744012/
  • Hey Dunk, do you think this team would work well.
    I could swap James for Isco (for better work rates).
    Im also not sure on the front three.

Benzema-Bale
    James
    Vidal-Lahm-if Guarin
    Alaba-Boateng-Miranda-Montoya
    Alves

Thanks
  • Dunk

Looks great I tend to use Ibra as a CAM to get more out of him but if he works at ST for you then great!
  • Dunk
    Ozzy Wozzy wrote: »
    Hey Dunk, do you think this team would work well.
    I could swap James for Isco (for better work rates).
    Im also not sure on the front three.

Benzema-Bale
    James
    Vidal-Lahm-if Guarin
    Alaba-Boateng-Miranda-Montoya
    Alves

Thanks

Should work well,
  • Hardbody
    12 posts Ball Boy
    @Dunk do you use custom tactics at all if so what do you use?? and can you check out my squad i posted previously... im trying to find a way to fix my midfield its http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/10744012/
  • Dunk
    Hardbody wrote: »
    @Dunk do you use custom tactics at all if so what do you use?? and can you check out my squad i posted previously... im trying to find a way to fix my midfield its http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/10744012/

Whats wrong with the midfield? and I don't use Custom tactics.
  • Hardbody
    12 posts Ball Boy
    @Dunk they are short
  • Baxtie
    What about this squad?
    Di Maria - Inzaghi
    Pastore
    Marchisio-IF Biglia-SIF Pjanic
    Zuniga-Barzagli-IF Manolas-Florenzi
    SIF Handanovic

Does it work? I play counter...
    @Dunk
  • Dunk
    Hardbody wrote: »
    @Dunk they are short

heights not really an issue for midfield, more to do with work rates and stamina.
  • Hey @Dunk ,
    Thanks for the guide. Just wondering if you could recommend a Brazilian squad? Preferably without Neymar.
  • Dunk
    vampyrion wrote: »
    Hey @Dunk ,
    Thanks for the guide. Just wondering if you could recommend a Brazilian squad? Preferably without Neymar.

Jonas and Pato ST

Coutinho CAM

midfield I'd probably use Fernandinho in the middle, rest can be anyone you like really (No H/L or M/Ls )