4-3-1-2 Formation Guide (Feb 2016 Update!!!)

Comments

• Arno42
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hey @Dunk - thanks again for the thread.

You can make me two low coast team please ? :(
    Thx for your help
  • Is this thread still active?
    I'm building a Bundesliga/Ligue 1 squad, but not sure about my front 3..
    I'm using De Bruyne in my other team, where he is top scorer in my first 3 matches.
    Have tried Mertens, but he was never in the cam position (might be 'cus of the H/L WR.
    Well.. I got a few options for my attacking trio.

1'st:
    ST: Ben Yedder, Lacazette. CAM: Ibrahimovic.

2'nd:
    ST. Ben Yedder, Lacazette. CAM: IF Payet.

3'rd.
    ST: Lacazette, Griezmann(IF/NIF) CAM: Ben Yedder.

Not sure if Ibra is too slow for the cam?
  • jefehobbs
    353 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 2016
    Excellent guide. I have more fun these days reading guides and trying out a formation, even one I've used before, from a new perspective.
    How about this formation but with CDM? This is the one I'm using. I use to play 4-3-3 (Barcelona Style) on FIFA 15 but changed to this one and I feel better with it. I really think the CDM is quite important. Would it be enough to convert him to CM? or a more offensive one is needed? So far I have used Matic, Lahm and about to go to Ligue 1 and use Matuidi. (As you can see I'ce conceived CDM as a key position on my squad).

This is my Bundesliga Team, the one that I have used the most. Also I like the concept of all around midfielders. This is why Vidal is so awesome. I will try Ligue 1 as I can increase Suarez's Chemestry with Cavani.

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/3149392/

Like that build, and I'm running a CDM as well, tho I chose Vidal for H/H. Here's what I'm running, not too pricey, but one-league so will be changing things up a bit. Xhaka for long passes and shots, Hakan same. Rodriguez for early crosses to Chicharito. Kruse makes an awesome f9 and CAM so this is perfect for him. Wish I had better dribbling in midfield, hmmm...

w7mwki.png

• Laguigne
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hey dunk,

What s overall bbva squad for you ? Thx
  • Justin7
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Which is better?
    A) http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/9920131/
    B)http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/9920302/

I've got 275k and Messi I don't know whether to make a team with that around him or make one of the above teams, what does everyone suggest?
  • StarFoxx88
    205 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dunk, opinions on the following team would be appreciated:

Benzema- Griezman
    James
    Iniesta--Busquets--Modric
    Alba--Varane--Ramos--Alvez
    Ter Stegen

I'm worried about the workrates, specially in the midfield. You think setting stay back while attacking on Iniesta and Modric would help a bit? I want a full la liga team, and it lacks H/H miedfielders. Thanks in advance.

• StarFoxx88 wrote: »

Benzema- Griezman
    James
    Ter Stegen

I'm worried about the workrates, specially in the midfield. You think setting stay back while attacking on Iniesta and Modric would help a bit? I want a full la liga team, and it lacks H/H miedfielders. Thanks in advance.

I believe the best midfield for a liga bbva is:
    James - Perez/Krycho - Koke
    I don't think that yours would work tbh, could use either modric or Iniesta at CAM.
    Not really a fan of Alves, as the formation isn't ment for such offensive FB imo. Alves is more of a winger than a FB with the H/L workrate..
    Would get Bale uptop with Griezmann istead of Benzema, but that might just be down to personal priority :-)
    I know I'm not Dunk, and he might have another answer, but would just give you my opionion, while waiting, as it seems like Dunk has been away from the thread for a while :-)
  • Baxtie
    857 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Confidemus wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Are people still using this formation and finding it effective in the higher divisions?

@ha032742 Its extremely effective until Division 3, but no matter what I try I can't even stay in Division 2 if I get promoted (been in Div 2 only twice but relegated).

It's the only formation I ever use, tried so many but can't get on with them. Started trying 4321 and it's fine but probably will have same problems. Narrow.

I've been using this formation in div 1 and it works!
    My squad:
    SIF Handanovic
    Sandro-Chiellini-IF Manolas-Florenzi
    Pogba-Effenberg-Pereyra
    IF Tevez
    UP Aguero - Di Maria!

You need to change your custom tactics
  • ha032742
    38045 posts Moderator
    Baxtie wrote: »
    Are people still using this formation and finding it effective in the higher divisions?

@ha032742 Its extremely effective until Division 3, but no matter what I try I can't even stay in Division 2 if I get promoted (been in Div 2 only twice but relegated).

It's the only formation I ever use, tried so many but can't get on with them. Started trying 4321 and it's fine but probably will have same problems. Narrow.

My squad:
    SIF Handanovic
    Pogba-Effenberg-Pereyra
    IF Tevez
    UP Aguero - Di Maria!

Care to share? :)
  • Baxtie
    How can I share?
  • Baxtie wrote: »

My squad:
    SIF Handanovic
    Pogba-Effenberg-Pereyra
    IF Tevez
    UP Aguero - Di Maria!

Just a question, do you find UP Aguero any better than his not upgraded? As I've just gone with the non-up, as I believe +1 shooting +1 passing and +2 phys wasn't worth 45k?
    Well If u don't know what else to spend the coins on :D
  • Baxtie
    Fix
    Free form
    Cover
  • Baxtie

My squad:
    SIF Handanovic
    Pogba-Effenberg-Pereyra
    IF Tevez
    UP Aguero - Di Maria!

Just a question, do you find UP Aguero any better than his not upgraded? As I've just gone with the non-up, as I believe +1 shooting +1 passing and +2 phys wasn't worth 45k?

Oh yes is he worth! I've played non up before and you can "feel" the difference!
  • Baxtie wrote: »

My squad:
    SIF Handanovic
    Pogba-Effenberg-Pereyra
    IF Tevez
    UP Aguero - Di Maria!

Oh yes is he worth! I've played non up before and you can "feel" the difference!

Oh, might have to give him a try then! Actually I might have the coins to upgrade him, after I've bought either IF Payet or Ibra as a CAM behind IF Ben Yedder and Lacazette.. Can you recommend either IF Payet or Ibra as a CAM
  • Gareth1888
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited February 2016
    l9myuz7.jpg
    Any changes to this team do you think? Only got about 10k left over so not much room for manoeuvre:(
    http://imgur.com/a/zZxqs
  • StarFoxx88
    205 posts Sunday League Hero
    StarFoxx88 wrote: »

Benzema- Griezman
    James
    Ter Stegen

I don't think that yours would work tbh, could use either modric or Iniesta at CAM.
    Not really a fan of Alves, as the formation isn't ment for such offensive FB imo. Alves is more of a winger than a FB with the H/L workrate..
    Would get Bale uptop with Griezmann istead of Benzema, but that might just be down to personal priority :-)
    I know I'm not Dunk, and he might have another answer, but would just give you my opionion, while waiting, as it seems like Dunk has been away from the thread for a while :-)

Thanks for the reply! And yes the team does not work period. Since I really wanted to use those exacts players I moved to a 4-2-3-1 and it works much better. But with my Bundes team I'm still using this formation, since is just a lot of fun.
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    Would UP Cabaye be a good CCM?
  • Dunk
    2012 posts Fans' Favourite

Benzema- Griezman
    James
    Ter Stegen

Thanks for the reply! And yes the team does not work period. Since I really wanted to use those exacts players I moved to a 4-2-3-1 and it works much better. But with my Bundes team I'm still using this formation, since is just a lot of fun.

Sorry @StarFoxx88 for not responding i'll explain my absence later, as for your bbva team I think your CCM would need to be a M/H to help out the playmakers otherwise your defence will be exposed, as well as that you could swap Iniesta for James, I know that sounds odd but the workrates would help the midfield and if trying to have all CMs stay back when attacking didn't work I would tell the full backs to stay back and then allow the CMs to go forward.

That's the struggle at this point to get better players playing well at wider CMs because I still feel they need to defend more than attack. At the moment I have a serie a team where I have 2 H/Hs wider and a Deep Lying playmaker in the middle and it pays off, they dictate the play and make the formation more possession build up based.
  • Dunk
    IKE_P_H wrote: »
    Would UP Cabaye be a good CCM?

Yeah I have Pjanic there who is a similar player just needs the box to box guys to support him.
  • Dunk
    edited February 2016
    Right will explain my absence I basically lost passion to play the game for a bit and played it more casually (Basically clubs with mates lol )

But after taking a step back and not caring as much i've found myself wanting to play it again so i'm back!!! have new things tested and new ways of setting up instructions and I'll try my best to get in the thread daily :)

Anyway after pulling TOTY Pogba and TOTY Iniesta I had some good amount of coin and ended up with 2 Serie A teams as I'm still that boring yet love the setup :D

c44b89866a2dc7f8a19ccdd17b41144b.png

&

5086960cb52b8f9bdb213ceb5e92fd8d.png

So basically have some pointers to add on top of the OPs info.

Regardless of lack of width, always tell your full backs to stay back. This lack of width in the formation hurts you way more defensively than offensively. I use the likes of Dani Alves and he plays fine like this so work rates shouldn't effect them much.

The Midfield unit I still feel relies heavily on a harder working setup, having at least one H/H in there somewhere is a must!!! there has to be one player in that trio who dedicates himself to defending as much as attacking.

As for CCMs i'm a lot more confident in playing a M/M who can act like a deep lying playmaker. They are found in more space and more time on the ball and it pays off for me as my attacks can be more passing based and less direct!

again I tell all 3 to stay back if these guys over commit you'll find yourself in trouble.

Now you may think telling 7 players to stay back is odd and wouldn't result in much offence but it does trust me. The CAM/CF (I really need to put forward the fact it should be CF) is still as pivotal in this setup as he will act as a target for the midfield to pass it up to. Tell the CAM to stay forward and to get in the box for crosses and he'll get chances all game long.

As for STs, if you have a pacier striker who is a blessed finisher (Laca, Aguero, Tevez etc) Have them stay central and get in behind, a pacier striker who may be a better dribbler and more like a winger, have them drift wide and get in behind. Both setups benefits each type of player as their pace is used well in both positions. I say have them drift wide because if their finishing is poor, they will waste opportunities for you (Having that feeling at the moment with IF Salah even though his finishing is decent).

Slower STs, stay central and target man. playing them as TMs allows you to manually choose when they run (By doing the LB pass to set them off) and benefits you as you dictate when they go forward and hope to get a chance. Also helps with a pacier ST who may have drifted wide and a CF/CAM who may make a run past the TM striker.

Since the latest patch it feels like you can get more time on the ball and it makes passing build ups more useful, even makes holding up play more of a skill as you can literally take time to wait for runs and to pick a right pass!

again sorry for my absence but I'm back!! will maybe try get a few clips showing off some of this stuff from above :)
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Dunk wrote: »
    Right will explain my absence I basically lost passion to play the game for a bit and played it more casually (Basically clubs with mates lol )

But after taking a step back and not caring as much i've found myself wanting to play it again so i'm back!!! have new things tested and new ways of setting up instructions and I'll try my best to get in the thread daily :)

Anyway after pulling TOTY Pogba and TOTY Iniesta I had some good amount of coin and ended up with 2 Serie A teams as I'm still that boring yet love the setup :D

&

Regardless of lack of width, always tell your full backs to stay back. This lack of width in the formation hurts you way more defensively than offensively. I use the likes of Dani Alves and he plays fine like this so work rates shouldn't effect them much.

The Midfield unit I still feel relies heavily on a harder working setup, having at least one H/H in there somewhere is a must!!! there has to be one player in that trio who dedicates himself to defending as much as attacking.

As for CCMs i'm a lot more confident in playing a M/M who can act like a deep lying playmaker. They are found in more space and more time on the ball and it pays off for me as my attacks can be more passing based and less direct!

again I tell all 3 to stay back if these guys over commit you'll find yourself in trouble.

Now you may think telling 7 players to stay back is odd and wouldn't result in much offence but it does trust me. The CAM/CF (I really need to put forward the fact it should be CF) is still as pivotal in this setup as he will act as a target for the midfield to pass it up to. Tell the CAM to stay forward and to get in the box for crosses and he'll get chances all game long.

As for STs, if you have a pacier striker who is a blessed finisher (Laca, Aguero, Tevez etc) Have them stay central and get in behind, a pacier striker who may be a better dribbler and more like a winger, have them drift wide and get in behind. Both setups benefits each type of player as their pace is used well in both positions. I say have them drift wide because if their finishing is poor, they will waste opportunities for you (Having that feeling at the moment with IF Salah even though his finishing is decent).

Slower STs, stay central and target man. playing them as TMs allows you to manually choose when they run (By doing the LB pass to set them off) and benefits you as you dictate when they go forward and hope to get a chance. Also helps with a pacier ST who may have drifted wide and a CF/CAM who may make a run past the TM striker.

Since the latest patch it feels like you can get more time on the ball and it makes passing build ups more useful, even makes holding up play more of a skill as you can literally take time to wait for runs and to pick a right pass!

again sorry for my absence but I'm back!! will maybe try get a few clips showing off some of this stuff from above :)

Great work as always...

I am running this now. I start in a 4321 and then switch to 4312. I love it but it has felt a little off. Never thought to have all my CMS stay back.

What CTs?
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    What happened to your mod status?
  • Dunk
    COACH wrote: »

&

Great work as always...

I am running this now. I start in a 4321 and then switch to 4312. I love it but it has felt a little off. Never thought to have all my CMS stay back.

What CTs?

CTs ?
  • Dunk

As they were looking for new guys I knew I was giving up for a bit so it felt like a smarter idea to back off for a bit :)
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite

As they were looking for new guys I knew I was giving up for a bit so it felt like a smarter idea to back off for a bit :)

rip

forums continue dying
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain

&

Great work as always...

What CTs?

CTs ?

Custom Tactics
  • Dunk

rip

forums continue dying

I wasn't forgotten lol i'll look to get back into it at some point.
  • Dunk

&

Great work as always...

What CTs?

CTs ?

Custom Tactics

Oh I don't do any really, the only thing tactically I do which I should reiterate more often cause it makes a difference is I use Offside traps often to squash the oppositions area to pass in.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain

&

Great work as always...

What CTs?

CTs ?

Custom Tactics

Oh I don't do any really, the only thing tactically I do which I should reiterate more often cause it makes a difference is I use Offside traps often to squash the oppositions area to pass in.

But if you don't use custom tactics the default setting us already on offside trap.

Maybe that's why you need to have all cms stay back.
  • Dunk

&

Great work as always...

What CTs?

CTs ?

Custom Tactics

But if you don't use custom tactics the default setting us already on offside trap.

Maybe that's why you need to have all cms stay back.

Offside trap isn't a tactic it's a move your back line does, they push up when you press it and step up to catch players offside.