TV Series Thread

Comments

• Welbeck
    5154 posts Big Money Move
    American Horror Story: Asylum <3 GOAT
    I wouldn't bother with Freak Show and Hotel if you were planning to continue with it. Coven is ok but it certainly goes downhill after the first two, Hotel is just sick really.
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Vikings is back on tonight! :) can't wait!
  • Teh Zombz
    3814 posts National Call-Up
    The first ep has been online for a few days if you wanna watch it now @MaddMike3711
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    The first ep has been online for a few days if you wanna watch it now @MaddMike3711
    I already watched it, but thanks though! I'm not sure if is shows in the UK, but I'm currently in the US so I get to watch them all when they are brand new. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but that first episode was fantastic!! I can't wait until next Thursday! :)

• SterlingArcher
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    New series started on BBC1 tonight for the UK based guys, The Night Manager with Loki and Dr. House.

Anyone tune in? Didn't get the chance to watch but it looked like it could be good.
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    New series started on BBC1 tonight for the UK based guys, The Night Manager with Loki and Dr. House.

Anyone tune in? Didn't get the chance to watch but it looked like it could be good.

I'm interested, need to catch up. I like Tom Hiddleston a lot.
  • Torres4Lif3
    6657 posts Big Money Move
    Aquarius was really nice imo. Duchovny was brilliant.
  • Torres4Lif3
    Just started House of Cards and it's brilliant.
  • Niall
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2016
    Haven't been that impressed by Vinyl yet, although the musical interludes have obviously been very good.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    havent got round to it yet, might wait for it to finish.
  • Bob Loblaw
    Starting to think Sopranos, The Wire and Deadwood are the definitive GOAT top 3.

Only thing that can touch them is possibly Twin Peaks if Season 3 delivers, we'll have to wait and see.
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Deadwood certainly isn't definitive by any stretch. Very high quality yes, but I'd take Mad Men every time.
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Only watched seasons 1 and 2 of Deadwood, but it's by nowhere near my top 5 shows. The dialogue is funny at times and well written, however the plot doesn't do much for me. And as much as I love Timothy Olyphant, I don't think his performance is great.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Daniel wrote: »
    Deadwood certainly isn't definitive by any stretch. Very high quality yes, but I'd take Mad Men every time.

Mad Men could be if Betty wasn't a thing
  • Ridikuluz
    7696 posts League Winner
    I haven't seen Deadwood but I agree with Daniel. Top three for me is definitely The Wire, The Sopranos, Mad Men. Twin Peaks and Only Fools receive honourable mentions.
  • Torres4Lif3
    Finished S1 House of Cards in 2 Days. Gonna start with S2 now. Awesome Series.
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone watch The People v. O. J. Simpson? Getting good reviews.
  • Bob Loblaw
    Daniel wrote: »

I just for some reason feel like Deadwood better captures the time period it is portraying than Mad Men does.

stickey wrote: »

It's actually pretty decent, apart from the forced in Kardashian references. I watch it with my girlfriend cause she likes true crime stuff so it's nice that it is very watchable.
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    stickey wrote: »

Casting's a bit iffy but it's definitely one of the better shows around at the moment.
  • dannyboy
    12827 posts Has That Special Something
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »
    Starting to think Sopranos, The Wire and Deadwood are the definitive GOAT top 3.

Only thing that can touch them is possibly Twin Peaks if Season 3 delivers, we'll have to wait and see.

Freaks and Geeks imo.
  • Ridikuluz
    7696 posts League Winner
    @Daniel
    Catch episode two? Near enough more of the same overcompensated segments of drama, with little reason to resonate with any of the main characters. I think I'll bin it off entirely now.
  • Dan13
    4676 posts National Call-Up
    Fuller House, as I expected, is absolute trash. Had to stop watching after the pilot episode which is likely one of the worst episodes of TV in history.
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ridikuluz wrote: »
    @Daniel
    Catch episode two? Near enough more of the same overcompensated segments of drama, with little reason to resonate with any of the main characters. I think I'll bin it off entirely now.

I haven't watched any TV in like a week :pensive:

That's disappointing to hear though. May have to wait for all the episodes to air and see if any of the favoured critics begin to see some quality.
  • krakos000
    17474 posts World Class
    Anyone watching 11-22-63 on hulu? Awesome first two episodes. Really interesting idea and I'm a sucker for time travel ha but I'd definitely recommend it. New episodes on Mondays. I haven't gotten a chance to watch today's yet.
  • RBailss
    12060 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone watching Limitless? I'm a few episodes ahead of Sky 1 but really enjoying it!
  • IceIcePercy
    2551 posts Fans' Favourite
    Started watching The Night Manager, really good so far. Only got half way through the second episode last night, looking forward to finishing it off tonight though.
  • Ridikuluz
    7696 posts League Winner
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    From Sunny duo John Chernin and Dave Chernin, the single-camera comedy revolves around a hard-living, foul-mouthed woman who moves to affluent Greenwich, Conn., to raise the spoiled kids of her wealthy sister, who has fled the country to avoid a federal indictment. She quickly learns what everyone else already knows: Other people's children are awful.

Olson will star as Mackenzie "Mickey" Murphy (aka The Mick), a hapless mess, a wry-humored, hard-drinking, cigarette-smoking, living-large kind of gal, always "between" jobs and always broke. A scrappy survivor who's run out of options, she decides to pay her rich sister a visit, hoping for a little handout. What she gets, instead, is a full-time babysitting gig when her sister and husband are forced to flee the country in a hurry.

I guess Sweet Dee just beat the system
  • Torres4Lif3
    House of Cards S4E1 already available on sky. :hushed:
  • Bob Loblaw
    Ridikuluz wrote: »
    Hound / Gravedigger ?